The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

[quote name='ph33r m3']Slow your roll little man, I don't like KG? I'm just stating the fuckin' facts you moron.
Is KG clutch in the 4th quarter? No.
Do I want him to have the ball in the 4th? No.
Am I tired of him shooting those 17 foot jumpers when he could just easily blow by his man and dunk it? Yes.
Do I believe that KG shoulda dropped 40+ everynight on Zach fuckin Pachulia? Yes.

I don't hate KG, I like him, good guy, one of the few loyal players in the league. Only problem I have with him is if your going to call him a "superstar", he needs to earn that title. Only once, watching KG have I ever said "He's a Superstar" and that was in 2004 Game 7 vs the Kings.

What seperates a superstar from a star (or All-Star caliber player) is their killer instinct. It's what seperates Kobe Bryant from a Carmelo Anthony.

Fanboyism? This guy has to be fuckin' joking. Get off your ass, stop watching Around The Horn, and watch some ESPN Classic and learn up on a game called Basketball.[/quote]

Didnt you spend the last 2 pages talking about how KG isnt close to Tim Ducan? You seemed to have been ripping on him for seems like forever.

Maybe I mistaken in that regard and assumed that if you were ripping on him you must not have liked him.

On to the second part. I have no idea what Around the Horn is. And I am well versed in the game of basketball. Although I am a pure stat guy which causes a lot of friction when people try to make a case for a player sucking or not sucking. If their stats say they are good in my mind they are good. Its hard for me to understand how Tim Ducan who averages a double double is vastly better than KG who also averages a double double (actally 9.25) unless Tim started averaging a triple double.

What I am asking is what is the difference between KG shooting a 17 footer or blowing by a guy and dunking it? They both are 2 points and KG is great at both. If he had a horrid jumpshot then I would see where are coming from but he is more than effective at shooting out side jumpers.

It seems more that KG doesnt do the things you think a big PF should do. You guys seem to knock him because he doesnt bang into people all game. Not everyone has to be Shaq slamming into people all game. I believe a little man named Dirk would agree. He also has been in the league for 12 years its safe to assume his blowing past 2 people for a dunk on the remaining 3 are over. KG has a nice jump shot but he seems to be a tad inconsistent in this play offs.

I would call KG a superstar because his presence greatly affects the outcome of a game. It doesnt mean he has to drop 40 every time he is matched up against someone. He struggles randomly like every other nba player.

Also with Ray Allen playing simply horrid for the entire run of the play offs until know KG saw a lot more double teams and in and out defensives that he really should have.

I dont see how you can say he is not a superstar. He is certainly top tier at his position He does what PF are suppose to do. Get points and Rebounds and hopefully block some shots. No where does it say that PF have to get 10 dunks a game

It doesnt matter how he gets the ball in the hoop...just as long as he does.

Now is KG clutch is the 4th? About has much as Tim Ducan was because he didnt really "show out" all that much. I am guessing because of the same double team that KG got while Allen struggled.

If you like him or not you seem to knock his game simply because you believe a PF should play a certain way and he doesnt. I think all PG should be able to blaze 3's. But Jason Kidd, Tony Parker, Baron Davis and the like say they dont. All superstar PG but couldnt shoot a 3 to save their lives but superstars none the less.

Kobe superstar? Yes. Kobe clutch? Well he certainly wasnt last year when his Laker didnt do crap. Kobe is only clutch when he has a all star big man that can bail him out. Shaq, Byumn, Gasol. Take your pick. There is a pattern there.

(and would you look at that. Not a single swear word or personal attack)

Oh and to keep this from being a flame fest lets end with something more constructive.

To prepare for the game lets look at some highlights of the 2 best players on both teams.

Rajon and Bynum.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NbUkiqlvv9w&feature=related[/media]

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=qoRS_gZTvNg&feature=related[/media]

Come to think of it. I completely dont remember anything Byumn did. Was he like a T-Chann only good for catching oops and dunking or did he have a jumpshot and some low post moves?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']All righty, games starts in a couple minutes, bust out the munchies and beverages and enjoy the game! :cool:[/quote]

My friend is late with the beer.....:cry:

Lets go Boston.

Did the Celtic's announcer mess up on their own player's introduction? I heard him say Tony Allen with some other dude's name.

[quote name='gokou36']Did the Celtic's announcer mess up on their own player's introduction? I heard him say Tony Allen with some other dude's name.[/quote]

I could've sworn I heard him say Tony Allen. It's more like ABC messed up by showing Scalabrine's name.

[quote name='Soodmeg']My friend is late with the beer.....:cry:

Lets go Boston.[/quote]
Heh, we were supposed to have people over, that plan was scrapped, now I'm sittin' in front the TV alone :/, ah well, at least it's in HD and I know I won't be goin' hungry!

Go Lakers!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Heh, we were supposed to have people over, that plan was scrapped, now I'm sittin' in front the TV alone :/, ah well, at least it's in HD and I know I won't be goin' hungry!

Go Lakers![/quote]

Thats bitter sweet.....

I have tons of food and drink (when he gets here) but no HD.

God I have to get an HD tv.

[quote name='EXStrike']I could've sworn I heard him say Tony Allen. It's more like ABC messed up by showing Scalabrine's name.[/QUOTE]

Yep that's it. They did call his name and put the other dude's name on there. My take, Lakers win by 8.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Thats bitter sweet.....

I have tons of food and drink (when he gets here) but no HD.

God I have to get an HD tv.[/quote]
You got a friend who does? Go over there! ;)

So far, my greatest worry has subsided, the Refs are letting them play, I just hope they keep that up the whole game, don't decide the game refs! We wanna watch a game!

Good stuff so far from both sides, surprised (not really) that Bryant missed those shots, he's taking fade-aways from the start >.>

This has nothing to do with anything.

Random Mexican guy crosses the hell out of Kobe and gets the And 1.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pj28VvPsjHk&feature=related[/MEDIA]

[quote name='dafoomie']Bad call on Pierce's 3rd.

Still waiting to see the foul on Allen, too...[/QUOTE]

Umm no it wasn't.

[quote name='gokou36']Umm no it wasn't.[/QUOTE]
So as the defender, I can lean in on an offensive player heading away from me, create contact, and thats an offensive foul?

That you, Violet Palmer? I knew you weren't too busy during the finals.

We get a bad call with a Foul on Gasol even though it was a clean block, then Allen gets a bad call which should been on Posey (if even at all), Allen barely touched anyone.

At least they trade bad calls instead of all one way :) (well for the most part)

Oh yea, and wtf with Turiaf's hair-do?

[quote name='dafoomie']So as the defender, I can lean in on an offensive player heading away from me, create contact, and thats an offensive foul?

That you, Violet Palmer? I knew you weren't too busy during the finals.[/quote]

so fish shoudlve ran off and let pierce run in?
he got in position was outisde the restricted line thats a charge live with it

[quote name='dafoomie']So as the defender, I can lean in on an offensive player heading away from me, create contact, and thats an offensive foul?

That you, Violet Palmer? I knew you weren't too busy during the finals.[/QUOTE]

Stop whining because your team is losing. It was the right call. How about that bad backcourt call?

[quote name='gokou36']Stop whining because your team is losing. It was the right call. How about that bad backcourt call?[/QUOTE]
Why would that be a bad call, because its Kobe? Talk to be NBA about painting that stupid logo on the court instead of the line.

Please. Its a two possession game.

[quote name='dafoomie']Why would that be a bad call, because its Kobe? Talk to be NBA about painting that stupid logo on the court instead of the line.

Please. Its a two possession game.[/QUOTE]

Kobe? Guess you're not watching the same game.

[quote name='dafoomie']So where is the foul on Kobe when he straight up nailed Perkins?[/QUOTE]

Offset by Vlad's 4th phantom foul against Pierce. Game over Celtics :(

[quote name='dafoomie']So where is the foul on Kobe when he straight up nailed Perkins?[/quote]

Look man. Just give it up. I am not saying your wrong. Actually I agree with you.

But remember who you are talking to. The same group of people who say that KG isnt a superstar simply because he doesnt dunk on people non stop.

Notice how they disappear as KG hits jump shot after jump shot and is in fact taking over the game.

I mean honestly.....who would ever think that having a jump shot would actually make you a worse player. :roll:

[quote name='Nelo Ice']^their 20 game playoff run is taking its toll[/QUOTE]
Personally, I thought it had more to do with a 285lb man falling on the back of his knee, but thats just my opinion.

Sprained knee, he's back in the game. Pierce is one of the toughest guys in the NBA.

Wow for the first time I'm happy as hell there is 3 days to the next game. 3 days of treatment should have him good as new. He looks a lil gimpy to be playing right now.

Pierce was wayyyy overselling that injury, a lot of NBA players do that anyways. Good to see Pierce back.

I seriously consider putting back Cassell, even though he puts up shots everytime he touches the ball, he can take Fisher.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Pierce was wayyyy overselling that injury, a lot of NBA players do that anyways. Good to see Pierce back.

I seriously consider putting back Cassell, even though he puts up shots everytime he touches the ball, he can take Fisher.[/QUOTE]

They don't oversell it to the point of going to the locker room twit

Man, Fisher hacks like hell. PJ brown was just raped down there.

Allen. Your to old to be throwing behind the back passes.

Also. There needs to be a rule that you cant be called on a foul when Vualic is taking a 3. This guy air balls 3's on a regularly basis most of his shots have no chance of going in the first place.

There's no point in starting these games at 8:30pm and them ending at midnight. By doing this, they're losing ratings when the game is near the end. They should really push up these games by at least 30 minutes, if not an hour.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']damn u guys love complaining about every call :lol:[/quote]

Well considering the Ref scandal and the fact that these play offs in particular has had some completely crappy calls all the way through I feel a lot of fans of either team have a valid right to complain and question the calls.

Look no further than that Paul 3....the exact same play in Detroit where he was called for an offensive foul.

The officials get worse by the game...if only they were consistent.

[quote name='KingBroly']There's no point in starting these games at 8:30pm and them ending at midnight. By doing this, they're losing ratings when the game is near the end. They should really push up these games by at least 30 minutes, if not an hour.[/QUOTE]

True but if you start it earlier the people on the west coast will be at work at the start of the game. I guess they are just banking on people getting caught up in the game and going to bed late

[quote name='jlarlee']They don't oversell it to the point of going to the locker room twit[/quote]

Hah, did you watch it?

I'm not saying he didn't get hit, it's just fuckin' hilarious he's getting carried off by his teammates, wheeled into the locker room. Just seems to be played up, like he's trying to re-create some Walt Frazier-esque shit.

Big props to him for hitting the two 3's.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Hah, did you watch it?

I'm not saying he didn't get hit, it's just fuckin' hilarious he's getting carried off by his teammates, wheeled into the locker room. Just seems to be played up, like he's trying to re-create some Walt Frazier-esque shit.

Big props to him for hitting the two 3's.[/quote]

he was recreating dwayne wades dislocated shoulder and wheelchair moment

bread's done
Back