The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

[quote name='jlarlee']True but if you start it earlier the people on the west coast will be at work at the start of the game. I guess they are just banking on people getting caught up in the game and going to bed late[/quote]

Well I'm pretty sure if the Lakers weren't in the finals, no west coasterners would care about the NBA finals.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Hah, did you watch it?

I'm not saying he didn't get hit, it's just fuckin' hilarious he's getting carried off by his teammates, wheeled into the locker room. Just seems to be played up, like he's trying to re-create some Walt Frazier-esque shit.

Big props to him for hitting the two 3's.[/QUOTE]
Ever sprained your knee?

That shit hurts. He's working through it but it hurts the moment it happens, you don't know if its a sprain or something more serious. You have to take every precaution in a situation like that.

You can make an injury far more severe by doing something stupid afterwards.

[quote name='dafoomie']Ever sprained your knee?

That shit hurts. He's working through it but it hurts the moment it happens, you don't know if its a sprain or something more serious. You have to take every precaution in a situation like that.[/quote]

Yeah, I know it hurts, I tore my ACL Junior year.

Not doubting Pierce, dudes mad tough, Inglewood. The wheelchair just seemed really really over the top.

Pull this one out Celtics.

[quote name='dafoomie']Ever sprained your knee?

That shit hurts. He's working through it but it hurts the moment it happens, you don't know if its a sprain or something more serious. You have to take every precaution in a situation like that.

You can make an injury far more severe by doing something stupid afterwards.[/quote]

Again dude. Look who your talking to.

This guys logic is beyond us mere mortals comprehension.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']wish i knew why kobe is doing just about everything horribly[/quote]

Well after all he is the MVP.

I have suffered numerous sports related injuries in my life. And the sprains at least initially hurt the worst than the broken wrist, toe, collar bone and torn tendon in my ankle. Although after a few hours the more serious injuries caught up in the pain department

[quote name='Nelo Ice']wish i knew why kobe is doing just about everything horribly[/quote]

I don't understand Phil's rotation right now, or the whole game.

Usually, he rests Kobe until the 8 minute mark of the 4th. But he's played the guy the whole game practically, same with Gasol and Odom....

Right as i'm writing this Van Gundy is commenting on the same thing.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Some one reprint the memo sent to Cassell.

Dear Sam.

YOUR NOT KOBE

Thank you.[/quote]

Ahem.

My dad came over and just killed everything for me. I'm all whoopin' and hollerin', gettin kinda pissed because the Lakers are not doing well, he just sits there and says "man, just relax and enjoy the game". Pierce knocks down the three and Garnett saves the ball and he just sits there like whatever...

I can't enjoy a game with someone like that, he just brought the whole house down >.>

I NEED ENERGY!

The Celtics need to get Cassell off the court. He is sucking it up pretty bad. Taking bad shots, not shooting with a low shot clock.

By the way his there an age limit to being a ref?

I mean honestly.......something like vision should be at high demand. How can a 75 year old man ref a basketball game?

[quote name='Soodmeg']Some one reprint the memo sent to Cassell.

Dear Sam.

YOUR NOT KOBE

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

CC Doc Rivers on that with a note to either put Rondo back in or forgive House for the time he caught him with his daughter

[quote name='Soodmeg']By the way his there an age limit to being a ref?

I mean honestly.......something like vision should be at high demand. How can a 75 year old man ref a basketball game?[/quote]
Funny, my brother mentioned the same thing a little while ago

[quote name='dafoomie']Bad call there... Replay clearly showed it was off Gasol.[/QUOTE]

Man, you're complaining about every calls against the Celtics aren't you? The refs are giving this game to the Celtics.

[quote name='dafoomie']Dick Bavetta isn't even that bad, compared with the Violet Palmer's and Kenny Mauer's of the world. And Dick Bavetta sucks.[/quote]

Yea. Maybe that is why the games are being called so poorly. You have a 80 year old guys trying to catch the movements of the worlds best basketball players.

That had to be the best rebound I have ever seen.

PJ is getting held by 2 people and the ball just falls right into his chest.

[quote name='Soodmeg']That had to be the best rebound I have ever seen.

PJ is getting held by 2 people and the ball just falls right into his chest.[/QUOTE]
He pushed off of Walton very slightly, just enough not to get called.

Really quick and hopefully i dont get the triple post.

You guys spent tons of time talking about match up. Who is going to guard odem, who is going to guard Kobe.

If you watched that last play. KG was on Fisher and there wasnt even a single mis match on the floor. PF on a PG and no mis matches?

[quote name='dafoomie']He pushed off of Walton very slightly, just enough not to get called.[/quote]

Well you would have to push off to when luke walton his holding your entire body before the shot even goes up.

Those charge/block calls are never consistent. I laughed at someone who wanted to take the whole thing out of the league, but now I'm giving it some thought.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Kobe's been cold the entire game, yea he's got 22 points, but it took him 27 shots just to get there...and that's not Kobe...[/quote]

bu..bu...he hasn't decided to turn on yet. So it's okay.
/Lakerfandom

[quote name='dafoomie']P.J. Brown had himself a very nice game.[/QUOTE]

I honestly thought them getting him was overrated. But now besides Posey I think he is their best bench player

[quote name='Soodmeg']Hmm. I think someone here said KG wasnt a superstar because he doesnt dunk or drive.[/quote]

I said he wasn't a superstar, because he 'settles' for that 17 footer/fadeaway bullshit, he's better than that.

See what happens when he attacks? Unstoppable.

I should be a coach.

[quote name='jlarlee']I honestly thought them getting him was overrated. But now besides Posey I think he is their best bench player[/QUOTE]
I thought they needed a veteran big but I never thought he'd be this good. And thank god, because Perkins was brutal today.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']onto game 2 :bomb:[/quote]

The Celtics have to win Game 2...no other way around it.

(When the Lakers are at home) The calls will go the Lakers way, Kobe will be more fired up....Game 2 will decide the series IMO.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Hmm. I think someone here said KG wasnt a superstar because he doesnt dunk or drive.[/quote]
Gasol was an idiot on KG's last dunk, he didn't even block him out for the rebound.

[quote name='KingBroly']bu..bu...he hasn't decided to turn on yet. So it's okay.
/Lakerfandom[/quote]

ok....

?

Yeah, Gasol just watched the ball up in the air, and KG just went in for a dunk...too easy, can't let that happen.

3 more...please Boston...pull through.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I said he wasn't a superstar, because he 'settles' for that 17 footer/fadeaway bullshit, he's better than that.

See what happens when he attacks? Unstoppable.

I should be a coach.[/quote]

He hit most of them.

I think you completely dont realize that he has been in the league for 12 years and most players that have been in the league that long cant drive each and every play like some video game.

KG is 34 years old and has had a career of being in between the trees and knocking bodies with other big men of the league.

Do you know how to extend your NBA career? Figure out a way to be effective without being smashed to bits each and every game. Look no further than Shaq. In his prime never bothered to getting a jump shot so now he is borderline worthless as with all old players he doesnt have the stamina to bang with young guys.

Basically you have to change your game if you still want to be a star when your past your prime. Shaq is only 4 years older than KG and has been on a huge decline since leaving the lakers. And thats because you can bang with 18-25 year olds when your fucking 35.

bread's done
Back