The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

[quote name='dmaul1114']Celtics looking good! My ABC finally is staying in HD as well, instead of mainly being in SD due to technical difficulties.[/QUOTE]

Anybody noticing blur in the picture for a second after they show replays?

[quote name='jlarlee']Anybody noticing blur in the picture for a second after they show replays?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, ABC is terrible.

I've got the TV muted with the radio on so I don't have to listen to Mike Breen. But I still have to watch their crappy video production.

[quote name='dafoomie']Yeah, ABC is terrible.

I've got the TV muted with the radio on so I don't have to listen to Mike Breen.[/QUOTE]

I hate when they minimize the action to show an interview drives me nuts

If i'm Kobe, I sit on the bench the rest of the game and let all the "experts/writers" who've bashed Kobe for not being a team player watch his cast right now. The Celtics bench is outscoring the Lakers bench 20-2.

[quote name='dafoomie']Kobe has completely fallen apart, Posey is killing him on D.[/quote]

Posey's playing great D.

Also, nobody on the team wants the ball, their all in the fetal position hoping somehow someway Kobe will save them.

I would pay sooooo much money to just hear the Laker's lockeroom right now.

This is going exactly like I thought it would. Kobe needs to step it up after the half, he's not doing a damn thing out there. Do they teach Euro players how to play defense at all?

Dafoomie thats making me cringe like Pierce cradling that trophy. These finals have been too crazy to light a cigar yet. Plus Stern is probably giving the refs a pep talk and encouraging them to foul out Pierce Garnett, Ray and our equipment manager

I don't know what Phil Jackson is thinking, PLAY ARIZA. Seriously, he's the only one of the Lakers that I have seen scrap it like the Celtics, the dude's got heart and wants a win, put him in.

I'd be going with Bryant, Odom, Ariza, Gasol, Fisher and rotate Farmar and Turiaf continuously with Fisher and Ariza. Keep Rad and Walton out for the rest of the game, they're playing like shit and causing stupid fouls.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I don't know what Phil Jackson is thinking, PLAY ARIZA. Seriously, he's the only one of the Lakers that I have seen scrap it like the Celtics, the dude's got heart and wants a win, put him in.

I'd be going with Bryant, Odom, Ariza, Gasol, Fisher and rotate Farmar and Turiaf continuously with Fisher and Ariza. Keep Rad and Walton out for the rest of the game, they're playing like shit and causing stupid fouls.[/quote]

The Lakers just can't play defense right now. Their forgetting the Celtics can shoot 3's. I'd force em to take jumpers all day long.

Just being a basketball fan, I hope this somehow goes 7.

[quote name='jlarlee']Dafoomie thats making me cringe like Pierce cradling that trophy. These finals have been too crazy to light a cigar yet. Plus Stern is probably giving the refs a pep talk and encouraging them to foul out Pierce Garnett, Ray and our equipment manager[/QUOTE]
The Lakers are dead, they might come out of the half with some energy but if the Celtics can maintain the lead they'll stop playing.

^^ The problem is the Lakers don't play much D period. Not a lot of D played out West outside of San Antonio.

[quote name='dafoomie']The Lakers are dead, they might come out of the half with some energy but if the Celtics can maintain the lead they'll stop playing.

^^ The problem is the Lakers don't play much D period. Not a lot of D played out West outside of San Antonio.[/quote]

Yea Kobe cant do it alone and his back up unit is showing no life on the floor.
Everytime Kobe drives their are 2-3 defenders.

Props to the Celtics defense and for the Lakers all I can say is next season I hope they can play defense with Bynum back in the line up.

I am a Lakers fan but the Celtics have this game in the bag.

If I see either rad or Walton on the court again, I'm turning the TV off and goin' to the courts myself.

Spread the floor, Gasol needs to stop playing soft and BE AWARE, Kobe needs to attack, Odom just needs to drive in and not keep faking, Fisher hits the dagger 3's, and Farmar, Ariza, and Turiaf scrap it on defense and move the ball on offense while the starters play up on their man. I'm putting Kobe on Pierce right now because I know he's gonna come out looking to seal the deal. Gasol should just make it hard for Garnett every time he gets the ball.

What's killing the Lakers right now is really not the defense (but yes, that's part of the problem), but they are turning the ball over WAY too much thanks to ill-advised passes and Gasol keeping the ball low, and they just can't hit a shot, even one where they have space. Again, the Spurs' drought curse seems to be floating to the Lakers, and they need to shake it off quick.

This is definitely not the same Laker team that beat out Denver, Utah, and San Antonio. They need to play the second half like the last game of their lives and COMMUNICATE.

I'mma repeat this in hopes it actually happens: PLAY ARIZA!!!

[quote name='docvinh']I think they should make Big Baby the new human victory cigar.[/QUOTE]

Baby can play. Thats Scalabrine's job

[quote name='dafoomie']Whats the largest margin of victory in a Finals clinching game?[/quote]

42 Chicago Bulls vs. the Utah Jazz on June 7, 1998 in NBA Finals, I dont think it was a clincher though.....

[quote name='dafoomie']Whats the largest margin of victory in a Finals clinching game?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, the largest in a lal-bos final game is 34 in Game 1 in 1985.

I already stopped watching, congrats to Celtics, all the players on their team deserve the trophy.

My only request is that you don't continually bash the Lakers with childish remarks and that onewingedangel refrains from posting, I have this fear of him making some gross retort to all the Laker fans here that will add nothing but a flame war >.>

The only positive I see right now for the Lakers is that they are still a young team and hopefully over the off-season mold together and play as one unit. THAT will be awesome to see, and that's what I want to witness next year, but it's gonna be tough, a lot of guys have made their mark this year in the playoffs.

....PLAY ARIZA DAMMIT! :p I guess Phil didn't hear me

Off to the courts I go...

I give everyone on the Lakers except Kobe, Gasol, and Odom credit, they let their team down. The younger players deserve better.

Except Radmanovic, he sucks.

[quote name='jlarlee']Baby can play. Thats Scalabrine's job[/quote]

Scalabrine is getting 3 million a year...damn what a nice job.

Does a ring get sent to Kevin McHale?

[quote name='dafoomie']Did they mention it? I can't hear the TV announcers, I've got the Boston announcers on the radio on.[/QUOTE]

Ya. 33 is the largest in a clinching finals game.

Ok enough with being fatalistic. Anybody got links to what the hats are going to look like? Hope they aren't black I'm flush with black hats

[quote name='Inf^Shini']So it looks like Boston went 2 for 3 there in Sports.[/QUOTE]

so close.

The Bruns didn't have a chance, but they made a nice attempt going into that game 7.

Crowd is chanting "Where is Kobe?"

1st offensive rebound for LA tonight right there.

And thats not even close to a flagrant. Thats silly.

Ah, its a clear path foul. They announced a flagrant at first.

bread's done
Back