The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

[quote name='jlarlee']Wonder if that means the Celts missed a practice? I dunno with such a veteran team a rest may be more beneficial anyways[/quote]

I don't know if they have a practice scheduled for tomorrow, but if there is one it will be probably can canceled, or maybe just a light shoot around, practice can't really add much, the Celtics have been playing the Lakers almost flawlessly, they just need to get their mind right and start the games off the right foot.

It's funny because this plane thing happened to San Antonio on their way from New Orleans to Los Angeles for the first game.

[quote name='bardiya27']You know what's even funnier than that?
sacramentokingsarticleud7.jpg
[/quote]
I like the SoCal nickname better :)

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']I like the SoCal nickname better :)[/QUOTE]

That nickname is irrelevant cause it came during the time Kings got screwed out of the Finals. In other news..

chokeho5.jpg

Well, I'm expecting the Celtics to close it out at home at night, even without Perkins. I think Garnett will have a big game and Kobe to start out hot, but fade away in the end.

Perkins is playing! Excellent. I think that Garnett really showed he can't handle Pau Gasol that well. As much as I love KG, it really pissed me off that Gasol was doing well against him.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']That nickname is irrelevant cause it came during the time Kings got screwed out of the Finals. In other news..

chokeho5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

An admitted cheater on his wife and kids, also.

[quote name='unforeseen']An admitted cheater on his wife and kids, also.[/quote]

I can understand that Kobe did a horrible, dispicable thing, but what's crazy is that Kobe can't get the hint that America forgave him.

For example, that whole kids-waiting-for-Kobe-after-halftime-interview shit. Los Angeles loves Kobe, so do millions of NBA fans...his jersey is number one sales wise.

If he would just stop trying with the acting and act like himself, which is a total douchebag, it's ok.

[quote name='sportingnews']
Vujacic also thought Cassell should have had a foul called on him when he appeared to slam Vujacic down onto the court while they wrestled for a loose ball.[/QUOTE]

Appeared to who? Vujacic? It appeared to everyone else that he took the biggest dive ever.

Logically I think a ton of factors are in the Celtics favor tonight. I'm still nervous as hell mainly because of Kobe. He's a crappy person but one hell of a scary player

[quote name='jlarlee']Logically I think a ton of factors are in the Celtics favor tonight. I'm still nervous as hell mainly because of Kobe. He's a crappy person but one hell of a scary player[/quote]
I'm in the same boat as well. Kobe is capable of an 80 point game after all. Though I doubt the current circumstances are far from ideal for such a thing to happen again.

I failed to get tickets. They only released about 200 pairs of seats, down from about 1000 usually. The press gobbled a ton of them up.

They're letting the boys play, I like it. Gasol will get fined for that flop next year.

Ronda...drive and miss again and again...irony. And come on Allen, the game or your sick kid, you might only get one chance for a ring?!

That was a little cruel I admit, anyone know what was wrong with him? It was his son right?

Ah...KG is finally playing well on offense.

Shaping up to be a good game. Hopefully this game doesn't end here. I want one more game of NBA Basketball. Even though the NBA will end soon this year, we have the Olympic basketball games which should be interesting as well.

This game right now has to be all Kobe...everyone else is playing like shit.

Keep shootin' Kobe. What a fuckin' joke right now with Gasol.

That trade isn't looking to bad right now.

[quote name='lordwow']This game is all Celts, they just can't get the damn ball to drop.[/quote]

Indeed, if Rondo was getting points up the Celts would have a pretty sizable lead right now.

[quote name='dafoomie']These refs are fucking insane... Eddie F. Rush and Salvatore, two of the worst officials that aren't Violet Palmer.[/quote]

Crawford gave the tech.

Didn't they kick his ass outta the league for that bullshit tech on Duncan?

JOKE

[quote name='ph33r m3']Crawford gave the tech.

Didn't they kick his ass outta the league for that bullshit tech on Duncan?

JOKE[/QUOTE]
Yeah but the T was because he was bitching about their calls. Crawford usually isn't bad except when he has a grudge against somebody.

Wyc Grousbeck is really letting one of the refs have it right now from the stands.

[quote name='dafoomie']Yeah but the T was because he was bitching about their calls. Crawford usually isn't bad except when he has a grudge against somebody.

Wyc Grousbeck is really letting one of the refs have it right now from the stands.[/quote]

I hate Crawford. Dude thinks people come to see him ref, shoulda stayed outta the league.

Right now, Kobe's got to keep attacking the rim, even if he doesn't have the shot 99% of the time he'll get to the line.

If Farmar stays in the league after this year, i'd be astonished.

[quote name='Poor2More']I been watching this game the whole time and notice Ray Allen aint their? whats up with that, his son still sick?[/QUOTE]

He got eye gouged by Odon about 5 minutes in. Poked his left eye I believe and his nose is all scratched up.

[quote name='Poor2More']I been watching this game the whole time and notice Ray Allen aint their? whats up with that, his son still sick?[/QUOTE]

Lamar odom poked him in the eye on a layup

Big Baby is doing a great job for his first time out there
I'm so sick of ABC commercials. I have a DVR so I don't watch commercials unless I'm watching sports. Driving me nuts

bread's done
Back