*THE OFFICIAL 2008 ELECTION RESULTS * -President Obama picking Cabinet now

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']he also mailed a dead fish to a ex-worker.[/QUOTE]

Did he make anyone sleep with da fishes?

[quote name='dmaul1114']Anyone read what the specific hold up is in calling North Carolina and Missouri. Both have been 100% in since Wednesday with Obama taking NC and McCain MO by small margins. Do the states have mandatory re-counts or something?

Not that it matters, just curious as they haven't been called but I haven't seen any articles on the reason why.[/quote]AP called North Carolina for Obama yesterday.

Emanuel might be a dick, but people claim he's pretty centrist, so I won't complain.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Anyone read what the specific hold up is in calling North Carolina and Missouri. Both have been 100% in since Wednesday with Obama taking NC and McCain MO by small margins. Do the states have mandatory re-counts or something?

Not that it matters, just curious as they haven't been called but I haven't seen any articles on the reason why.[/quote]

Yeah like Botticus said, NC was called for Obama. I don't know about MO, but there's also 1 outstanding electoral vote from Nebraska's Omaha district (which could possibly go to Obama), which they have to finish counting provisional ballots and stuff for. MO might just have a significant number of outstanding ballots too.

Ah. I mainly just look at CNN and the Washington Post and they haven't called NC for him yet (unless they've done so in the past couple of hours since I checked last).

[quote name='dmaul1114']Ah. I mainly just look at CNN and the Washington Post and they haven't called NC for him yet (unless they've done so in the past couple of hours since I checked last).[/quote]

Yeah it seems CNN actually did recently. I thought they still hadn't, but I just checked it and apparently that has changed since this morning.

EDIT: Dear god this exit poll page is awesome: http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/results/president/exit-polls.html

Yep, just checked and CNN has indeed updated since this morning. Same with Washington Post (well I hadn't checked there since yesterday morning).

3008257421_01912029d5_o.jpg

Poor guy looks positively drained, waiting for the results to come in. I like this picture because it's not one of those damned paparazzi photos of him giving a big smile- the set it's from is a nifty sort of behind the scenes look at things.

http://flickr.com/photos/barackobamadotcom/sets/72157608716313371/

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']racist. what, are you trying to say, a black man has bad shoes. wtf![/quote]

:headache:racist... wtf... i was saying that he's a very humble man, and that people who call him elist are unfounded...

[quote name='billyrox']very cool, who took these pics? how did you find out about it[/quote]

Not sure. Might have been an LJ or Facebook link.

bread's done
Back