*THE OFFICIAL 2008 ELECTION RESULTS * -President Obama picking Cabinet now

[quote name='bmulligan']Of course there was no rioting, it was a celebration not a protest. Nobody believes that or expected any kind of rioting, Myke, stop kidding yourself that all of white america are racist fascists.

We know that people only riot for two reasons: the first is when they don't get what they want (i.e. if Obama DIDN'T win), or if you're white, drunk, and your favorite sports team wins a championship.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5070308&postcount=176
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5070348&postcount=183
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5070447&postcount=203

RTFT.

As for your assertion that there would be riots if McCain won, I'm calling racist on that one. That's very presumptive of you, and buys into a false racist assumption that blacks respond to everything that doesn't go their way by rioting. For fuck's sake, I lived in downtown Cincinnati during the 2001 riots, and even I don't believe that tripe.

64% is apparently flirting with 1960 numbers, and if it tops that, it's the highest since 1908.

I had no idea that Al Franken was running for Senate, but his bid is still on as they uncalled the Minnesota race due to a difference of less than 0.5%, so off to a recount. Luckily Georgia is in the bag for the Republicans, unless there's some goofy reason that it hasn't been called yet, so they'll still have at least 41 seats.

[quote name='botticus']I had no idea that Al Franken was running for Senate, but his bid is still on as they uncalled the Minnesota race due to a difference of less than 0.5%, so off to a recount. Luckily Georgia is in the bag for the Republicans, unless there's some goofy reason that it hasn't been called yet, so they'll still have at least 41 seats.[/QUOTE]

I believe GA law mandates a runoff if noone has a majority. Could be wrong, though, I forget where I read that.

Indiana is friggin blue! I worked hard to convince people to vote Obama and I succeeded with at least a dozen people. Obama signs starting popping up like dandelions around here in the last couple days. To be fair, there are alot of moping conservatives driving very erratically on the road right now. Damn near got run off the road by a business man that looked like he was about to rip his steering wheel off the column.

EDIT -- I'm not taking credit for Obama taking Indiana but it feels good to be a American today and none of the usual bullshit that comes out our favorite resident conservatives is bringing me down today.

Obama_GIF.gif

[quote name='eswat']Probably in bad taste. But whatever...

zx6yi8.jpg
[/quote]

whatever, its amazing moment from Americans.... the White House were built on the back of slaves... and now a brother is the head of the White House.

simply awesome.

[quote name='KaneRobot']fucking idiots.

That is all.[/QUOTE]

Oh, look. KaneRobot is a pithy naysayin' contrarian.

See, Obama was elected and the country didn't change all that much after all.

[quote name='KaneRobot']fucking idiots.

That is all.[/quote]

Because 8 years of economic downturn, record spending, record expansion of the federal government, war-mongering, and civil rights dissolution was not enough right?

[quote name='nathansu']Because 8 years of economic downturn, record spending, record expansion of the federal government, war-mongering, and civil rights dissolution was not enough right?[/QUOTE]

No. Because being a lazy, obnoxious, holier-than-thou internet prick connotes a superiority complex that the real world fails to provide.

Only in that combnination of characteristics. I'm not lazy, and my superiority complex goes with me everywhere I go.

Do you think now the white house back yard will have pitbulls? I can't wait till obama move in everything is gonna be awesome, change indeed let's start by putting some rims on Air Force One.

[quote name='popemogoth']Do you think now the white house back yard will have pitbulls? I can't wait till obama move in everything is gonna be awesome, change indeed let's start by putting some rims on Air Force One.[/QUOTE]

Figured this was sarcastic....but after seeing your from Texas and have a football avatar.....man you really could be that much of a red neck to believe it huh? ;)

Spinner rims on Air Force One, damn it. And Hail to the Chief will be replaced by anything by Notorious B.I.G. I'd go with Hypnotize but Ten Crack Commandments would be hot.

On a serious note, he's already talking about putting a basketball court in the White House. I wonder if Gilbert Arenas is gonna come over and play pick up games?

[quote name='bigdaddy']I know, 55,845,541 is a lot of idiots.[/quote]

Well we ARE the USA. We wouldn't be the USA if we weren't full of idiots.

((Note: My use of the word "idiots" does not refer to any specific partisan group, since both partisan groups are full of equally idiotic personnel. One day.... when the American public realizes that pinning hopes on just another partisan politician won't work... they will learn to think for themselves and elect a qualified individual who ACTUALLY has a track record of delivering on their promises. Until then, we are forced to continue with the circus of our primaries and spewing of generic ideological arguments))

[quote name='vherub']122 million voted in 04

so this election had 132 million vote? Is there a link somewhere for that number[/quote]
Even higher.
It looks like 136.6 million Americans will have voted for president this election, based on 88 percent of the country's precincts tallied and projections for absentee ballots, said Michael McDonald of George Mason University. Using his methods, that would give 2008 a 64.1 percent turnout rate.

"That would be the highest turnout rate that we've seen since 1908," which was 65.7 percent, McDonald said early Wednesday. It also would beat the old post World War II high of 63.8 percent in the famed 1960 John F. Kennedy-Richard Nixon squeaker. The 1908 race elected William Howard Taft over William Jennings Bryan.

The total voting in 2008 easily outdistanced 2004's 122.3 million, which had been the highest grand total of voters before.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081105/ap_on_el_ge/voter_turnout_4

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Are there any Santorum grade snapshops or video reaction?

santorumke2dy1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I've never seen that photo before. Is that his concession speech?

I fuckin' luuuuurv the kids' faces. Especially Dudley Dursley on the right.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Are there any Santorum grade snapshops or video reaction?

santorumke2dy1.jpg
[/quote]

i like how she's wearing matching dresses with the chuckie doll

Not everyone has to like Obama, but at least have a worthwhile fucking reason, please!

Apparently by supporting Obama we have voted for abortion, tax cuts to terrorist (the fuck!?) and making it so blacks can "act like they are in control now." :roll:

[quote name='yukine']Not everyone has to like Obama, but at least have a worthwhile fucking reason, please!

Apparently by supporting Obama we have voted for abortion, tax cuts to terrorist (the fuck!?) and making it so blacks can "act like they are in control now." :roll:[/QUOTE]
THIS. I don't mind it if McCain supporters actually have views that they can back up instead of constantly spewing hate, just like supporters of any other candidate. But a LOT of McCain supporters are just plain being sore losers and hateful assholes.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I don't like Obama for the same reasons I don't like McCain: More of the same.[/QUOTE]

This is more than reasonable.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I don't like Obama for the same reasons I don't like McCain: More of the same.[/QUOTE]

I don't quite see how he's "more of the same." Compared to what?

If Obama is more of the same, and McCain is more of the same, then Obama is the same as McCain, which is ludicrous.

I see that you like BSG and all, and hate iPods, but on this issue you are fucking retarded!

So Senator Palpatine won? Just kidding. The bad part about either candidate actually winning is that they actually have to keep the promises they made. Can't wait for my tax cut from an all liberal government :)

All the Obama supporters got their copy of the Koran in the mail today, right? And a key to unlocking the very gates of hell?

My gate of hell had a minotaur in it named Gary. He likes long walks on the beach and margaritas. I think him and I are gonna get along juuuuuuuuuust fine.

[quote name='orko60']I don't quite see how he's "more of the same." Compared to what?

If Obama is more of the same, and McCain is more of the same, then Obama is the same as McCain, which is ludicrous.

I see that you like BSG and all, and hate iPods, but on this issue you are fucking retarded![/quote]

Let me try to clear this up.

Obama and McCain have drastic differences. There is absolutely no doubt. What this poster was referring to is the fact that Obama's change is only seen as such because of the mess we're in today. It's a return to Clinton-style years, which is great for the middle class, and great for America/the world in general.

What us third-party cooks mean when we refer to "more of the same" is essentially that. We're looking for a radical change, not just a return to sanity. We want the government size shrunk by several orders of magnitude, immigration to be seriously revisited, social issues seriously discussed, education systems to be completely revamped, etc.

Does Obama bring a great change for the nation? Absolutely. Does he bring the radical change that most third party cooks (like myself) refer to? Absolutely not.

You people and your assumptions, he could very well be talking about third party cooks. How do you know he isn't a cook in some kind of political organization for cooks?

[quote name='SpazX']You people and your assumptions, he could very well be talking about third party cooks. How do you know he isn't a cook in some kind of political organization for cooks?[/QUOTE]

The Torties?

[quote name='orko60']I don't quite see how he's "more of the same." Compared to what?

[/QUOTE]

They are similar enough. Both parties are similar enough.

What is ludicrous is anyone that really wants real "change" that continues to vote for the same two parties that have been in control since before any of us were born. Now that is ludicrous. Because that is not change.

bread's done
Back