The Official 2016 Yard Sale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season is almost over, very few sales today.  I did make a purchase though.

I got a small hose reel box for $10.  At the same sale I got a bundle of 5 electrical cord reels for $5 total.  Hadn't even picked them up yet and a guy was looking at them.  "Sorry, already bought those."  "Oh.  Wanna sell one?".  Ended up selling the guy one of them for $2 at the yard sale I bought them at.  Told the lady "sorry, made money at your yard sale!"

There might be a few sales next weekend but after that it's done.  

I got my first Sega Master System- $15 for the system, games, and 3D glasses(lol). I'm not getting a video signal, but there is tape wrapped around the video cable so I'm hoping a tear in the cable is the issue. I assume it would work on a HDTV correct?

Also got these Dell 13"/17" laptops for $8. The keyboard for the 17" isn't working but other than that it's working fine. The other one is password locked. Not sure what I'll do with that one. I'm more of a Mac user and don't know how to get around the password on Windows.

10 stinkbugs were included as well

2jQH3zp.jpg

kGBqfCP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ bios password? If so, those are tough. You can use the monitor as an LCD project but might be more trouble than it's worth. Last time I got one like that, I just took out the removable parts and used them. The 320gb drive is in my PC, ram went to a friend if mine, and I'm probably going to sell the CPU.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

@ Ferrari Racer: boot in safe mode and log in as the administrator? The default Windows password for the master admin account is usually something like "administrator" and then you can at least get to the desktop. That's only relevant though if you want to dig through the past owner's files*... if you have a Windows install disk, or USB key, you can just reformat the whole thing without logging in.

*Files that are stored universally on the C drive, not in the user-specific "my documents" directory, I think.

If it's just a user password, Dell started putting a recovery partition on the hard drive which you can use to reinstall Windows. Just hit F8 (I think) at startup.

@ Ferrari Racer: boot in safe mode and log in as the administrator? The default Windows password for the master admin account is usually something like "administrator" and then you can at least get to the desktop. That's only relevant though if you want to dig through the past owner's files*... if you have a Windows install disk, or USB key, you can just reformat the whole thing without logging in.

*Files that are stored universally on the C drive, not in the user-specific "my documents" directory, I think.
Would I need to purchase/download software if I go with the USB key option?

Struck out again this week as far as yardsales go. And I just got home! Saw some PS2 games and controllers but nothing great. Noone had anything else. Last stop was an Estate sale that had tons of stuff left. I think I heard someone say it all came from an antique store the owner use to have. Bunch of expensive antiques and old toys. 5 guys running the sale were all 20 something hipster looking dudes all on their smartphones.....ITS 60 DEGREES OUTSIDE WHY YOU WEARING A BEANIE?!

I got my first Sega Master System- $15 for the system, games, and 3D glasses(lol). I'm not getting a video signal, but there is tape wrapped around the video cable so I'm hoping a tear in the cable is the issue. I assume it would work on a HDTV correct?
Correct, you don't have a RF for another system? Try that out with the SMS if you do.

kGBqfCP.jpg
Nice find! I used to play F-16 Fighting Falcon a lot when I was young. Those 3D glasses are pretty rare, especially if they are not broken. Drooling over that R-Type.

I forgot the video cable for my SNES is the same. Used that and the console works!

Now I have to go buy an old school TV to test out those 3D glasses.

No yard sales around here this week. But did get a sweet ps2 lot from a local online auction.

$64 mostly ps2 games. All complete.
DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3
.hack G.U. Volumes 1 2 and 3.
FFX, X-II
FFXII Collector's Edition
And for ps3 Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

There are maybe 15 other games, but nothing notable.

Ended stumbling on a random couple sales today, we'll after I thought the season was over.
Ended up getting a couple tiger electronics handhelds at eh first for $0.25
Mega man 2
Mega man 3

Thought they were street fighter at first. I'm expecting to be as disappointed as I was when I played these as a kid, but the nostalgia is worth at least a quarter.

At the second one I found a nice dsi xl and games for $20. Was going to negotiate it for my last $10 but my son found a bag of spy toys, a bag of bakugan and beyblade and some gyroscope robot that we got instead

Really wanted the dsi but I already have a bunch and I'm hoping it went to kid that really wanted it

i was just looking at a power base converter at a store but they wanted $60. i been wanting to get into the master system but cant find the games or the console.

Meh morning at the flea market... next week is the final week.

WRC 3 (PS3) - $3
Rumiko Takahashi Anthology vol 1 DVD (sealed) - $1
Guillermo Del Toro "The Strain" book - $0.50

i was just looking at a power base converter at a store but they wanted $60. i been wanting to get into the master system but cant find the games or the console.
Damn! I remember going to the local used game store chain back in highschool (13ish years ago) and they had those sitting there for $5 apiece......

I mentioned this about scratched screens, but here are some pictures.  I used Meguiar's M105 car paint polish with a microfiber and some elbow grease.

Before:

15187839938_537960c635_c.jpg

After

15374502745_d5298f48ef_c.jpg

McHale's Navy The Movies Double Feature :bluray: Australian Import - $2 (seems to go for $65+ on Amazon)

Animal Crossing City Folk :wii: CIB - $3

PSOne Controller - $3

Went to a church rummage sale today. It was their last day and when I went in they had signs up that said "Everything Free" (except the baked goods and some plants they had)

Got the following...

"Super Soldier Program" Captain America shirt (medium) that looks almost new
Superfight Loot Crate Deck (opened, but looks complete)
HP Laserjet 5P. Was in the back on a table of old tech along with a flat screen Compaq CRT monitor, an early 2000's Epson printer and a bunch of 8 tracks. I was cheered by the women up front for saving them from having to get rid of it. Hopefully it works and/or can be used to fix the other 5 that my dad has. Our 4, that we got at the Salvation Army for $3.75 years back finally quit working.

Ended up doing well today although season is winding down. Went a sale that happens annually and saw all the DVDs they were getting rid of this year. $0.75 each regardless of it was a set or single DVD. So I picked up angry beavers seasons 1&2, Night Court seasons 1-8, a tom and Jerry movie, and the Dorf collection. $8.25 well spent.

Next sale I hit my season jackpot (for me personally) as I found something I'd been looking for. Picked up for $10. Wii sports, Wii sports resort, super paper Mario, and... complete Limiter Edition Super Mario All-Stars! Very excited to find this in the wild, especially complete!

Havent been to a sale in about a month. At this point the season is dead till March. Didnt do as well as last year but did okay

Figured I would post this considering tomorrow is election day.

Got the Reagan pin for $7 this summer.  When I got out my other pins to put it away, I ran into the Wallace pin.  

Do the slogans look familiar?

Figured I would post this considering tomorrow is election day.

Got the Reagan pin for $7 this summer. When I got out my other pins to put it away, I ran into the Wallace pin.

Do the slogans look familiar?

That's nifty; I'm not old enough to have a solid memory of Reagan-- maybe that explains a little bit of how these things go in cycles.

15055591_10157821317825473_764979387099463213_n.jpg

Can anyone tell me what that second game in the top row is? This is a lot I found on Facebook, and that's the only game I can't tell what it is.
Aquatic Games, I ran a search based on the Seika logo. Apparently not the same as the makers of Kendo Rage :dunce:

Yard sales are pretty much dead in the winter here, but I did make it out to the Library Rummage sale yesterday. It was the final day so everything was 50% off. Got a 17" Dell monitor (1703FPt) for $5 instead of $10 for a backup incase my 22" dies. Newer than my old backups (which I always end up selling cheap or just lending to friend's or family) and it has USB ports built in, but sadly no HDMI.

They also had some Books, CDs, VHS, DVDs and Cassettes, whatever fit in a grocery bag for $1. Picked up Air - Premieres Symptomes on CD not sure what it was other than it looked like electronica. The DVDs and even CDs were pretty well picked over, though. I did find my dad two cassettes for his car. Molly Hatchet - Flirtin' With Disaster and The Kentucky Headhunters - Pickin' On Nashville.

So what was everyone's best find/s this year?

A 50 cent Gameboy Micro Famicon edition

$40 for a bunch of LEGO City sets/pieces that I eventually sold for over $300

Had a decent week last week.  I was at a sale that was setting up, another game guy I know rode up after me and asked me if I was going to buy everything.  I said I usually try to buy as a lot (this guy knows this, he asks to share) and the people running the sale were noticably uncomfortable with us waiting.  I ask the guy if he could hold the game stuff for me, since I was first, and Ill be back when he is scheduled to open.  He says yes.  I leave and, of course, the other guy is buying all the game stuff when I come back with another guy that showed up (I was gone for 10 mins).  They are buy a Final Fantasy 8 action figure.  The games are not that good and what they miss are some old DC Direct Sandman Figures.  I end up getting (packaging a bit rough) Morpheus, Death and Delirium for $1 each.  Delirium is quite collectable.  I then go off map and (finally) find some gamecube games at a sale.  They would not move on $5 each and I paid $10 for both Rogue Leader and Smash Brothers Melee.  I got back later and get XMen Legends II, Resident Evil 1 and another NGC game 3 for $10.  I also find a sale and end up with a NIB Optimus Prim Might Mugg figure, Kingdom Hearts Game Boy w/ Manual and 3 Common Complete GBA games for $9 total.  I also find a complete PS2 Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence (regular version) for $3 at a pawn. I continue hitting random sales on my way home and, near the end, I get New Copies of Return and Escape from Monkey Island for a quarter apiece.  One of those appears to be worth about $40 new..

Not a bad wrap to my yard sale year considering I did not have a lot of luck this year.  I will go out next week for an encore but I do not expect much.

had quite a few good finds but the best this year is either rule of rose cib for $20 or a gamecube system with the component cable for $40.

I bought a used Wii from a friend of mine who had bought it at a yard sale. I didn't know this but I guess it keeps your Netflix signed in forever. I launched the channel and was able to start up a video. I'm deleting the save data to get rid of it but thought it was interesting.

I didn't go out much, probably less than 10 days total all summer but I got a Tecmo SuperBowl II Complete and Tecmo Superbown III Box and Cart for $5 each.

An Xbox 360 w/ 60Gb HD, Wireless Controller a really nice expensive HDMI cord, a cool Xbox 360 Flightstick controller and COD Black Ops III for $22.

A Samsung 42" Plasma TV, $55. I wasn't too excited about it being Plasma but they showed me it worked fine and my parents really needed a new replacement for their 40" Toshiba LED as the HDMI ports went out on it. I took a chance on it because of the price and it's a Samsung. It worked out great as the picture is awesome and my folks are happy.

I didn't go out much, probably less than 10 days total all summer but I got a Tecmo SuperBowl II Complete and Tecmo Superbown III Box and Cart for $5 each.

An Xbox 360 w/ 60Gb HD, Wireless Controller a really nice expensive HDMI cord, a cool Xbox 360 Flightstick controller and COD Black Ops III for $22.

A Samsung 42" Plasma TV, $55. I wasn't too excited about it being Plasma but they showed me it worked fine and my parents really needed a new replacement for their 40" Toshiba LED as the HDMI ports went out on it. I took a chance on it because of the price and it's a Samsung. It worked out great as the picture is awesome and my folks are happy.
Plasma has the best PQ you're going to get aside from OLED. Nice find!

had quite a few good finds but the best this year is either rule of rose cib for $20 or a gamecube system with the component cable for $40.
The CAG that got a gameboy micro probably had the best find. You also got the best luck finding stuff luckycollector.

Been slow since its winter, but found the following:

A wall-e mini speaker $1 (Great for the office desk)

A wall-e bigger mid size $3

Both wall-e make sounds, blue eyes light up. The small one use to dance, but doesnt sometimes. Anyone have these? Dont know much about them.

A As Seen On TV VR headset for Android and Iphone $1 (It was only a $1, so why not)

Battlefield 4 xbox one $5

Gears of war with rare replay xbox one $5

Lego Jurassic world xbox one $5.

Anyone know Gungrave dvd complete series? Whats a fair price? Just want to watch it since never seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back