The Official 2016 Yard Sale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats! But what did you get?
No likes without pics. :p
Oh..... ok.

Finds 9/24/16

(This is the first time I've posted finds in over a year.)

Started the day at about 8:30, not as aggressive as I used to be.

Went to a sale that advertised "games" across town, found the following for $1 each. Halo 3 ODST, Fable II, Final Fantasy XIII 360, Test Ride Offroad PS2.

1947 Admiral Super Aeroscope tube radio model 69C19 $10. Works like a champ! There was one of these on Shopgoodwill three years ago bid up to $86. http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Vintage-Admiral-Super-Aeroscope-Radio-69C19-12386143.html

As for the boxed NES RPGs.....

Picked these up off a table in plain view near some DVDs at a sale in a high traffic area at 11:30 in the morning. I couldn't believe nobody had grabbed them and there obviously were not any others taken before because who in their right mind would leave these behind at this price? ($1 each)

Last edited by a moderator:
Today was such a great yard sailing day. Spent a lot of money, filled the car, and got some great buys. Sadly, only two video game related finds. A $3 GBA SP. Also got 10 grocery bags of CDs at the same sale for $7. At that price I figured I'd just go through them at home. Other game find was Rocksmith for ps3 with the tone cable for $3. Favorite buys were an Edlund S-11 NIB for $25 and a Fender Frontman 65R for $25.

And I have to offer up this story. The last yard sale I stopped at was around 2pm. As I was looking around, the guy running the sale asked if anyone saw the hammer drill he was selling. Someone else pointed out that the guy who just got in his van had been holding it. Seller walks up to the van, looks in the side window, nothing, walks to the back and looks in, and then PUNCHES out the rear glass and grabs the drill. His arm is bleeding a little, his wife is crying and calling van guy a monster for stealing in front of his kids, and I'm just trying to find stuff to buy. Best part was, prices got cheap before the police came.

And I have to offer up this story. The last yard sale I stopped at was around 2pm. As I was looking around, the guy running the sale asked if anyone saw the hammer drill he was selling. Someone else pointed out that the guy who just got in his van had been holding it. Seller walks up to the van, looks in the side window, nothing, walks to the back and looks in, and then PUNCHES out the rear glass and grabs the drill. His arm is bleeding a little, his wife is crying and calling van guy a monster for stealing in front of his kids, and I'm just trying to find stuff to buy. Best part was, prices got cheap before the police came.
That is one of the best GS stories I've ever heard, that guy is a badass!

I had someone accuse me of stealing at a sale earlier this year. Start following a sign that leads me to a trailer court, pull up and the people have a moving van backed up to the place. The people are all gathered around a shed at the back of the property, I get out and start looking anyway. They have boxes full of broken, dirty crap that would look at home in a dumpster so I go back to my truck and leave. I pull forward a few houses and turn around in a driveway, as I go back towards the trailer with the sale a rather dirty looking young lady steps out in the middle of the road.

Dirty lady: "Did you grab something? They said you grabbed something". The whole time she's peeking into the cab.

Me: ".....No, I didn't grab anything".

Dirty lady: "Are you sure?" (still looking in the truck).

Me: "No, I did not".

Dirty lady: "Ok.... I guess you can go".

Later I thought it was funny and was joking with people about it but at the time I was pissed that someone was accusing me of stealing. Especially from the dirty junk they were offering. My only guess is they saw me holding a crumpled up wet nap I had used after the previous sale.

Cell phones have video for a fucking reason goddamit!

Flea Market finds:

Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense (PS1) - $1
LBP Karting (PS3) -$2

CDs:
No Doubt "The Singles 1992-2003" - $0.50
MXPX "The Renaissance EP" - $1
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes "Love Their Country" - $1

I think for next year I will have to have a different plan. The amount of town-wide yard sale days has killed the week to week yardsales this summer and a good amount of last summer. I'm going to have to see if I can find out when the town-wide yard sales are for all the surrounding cities and just hit those up each week. This week was my local town and of 100+ sales I was only able to hit about 35 in the 5 hours I was out (8am to 1pm) 

As for the finds:

$4

Resident Evil 2: Dual shock edition - PS1

Tomb Raider 3 - PS1

both mint and complete

$21

Wii complete in the box

Wii-fit complete in the box

Zoo Tycoon XBox One - sealed

Gunslinger 360 - sealed

Don't really need another Wii but for that cheap I decided just to grab everything.

$2

American Gothic Complete Series DVD

$3

Vintage construction toy set (forget the name now, but you make little tanks or other types of things and hook up a battery)

1970's Superman trash can

$10

Giant Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls. Saw they were kind of valuable or I might give them to niece.

$75

Apple II computer w/ monitor, printer, mouse, etc. and 30 games complete in box. Some good ones like Maniac Mansion complete.

I booted this right up in the front yard and pulled out a few of the 5.25 disks to make sure the drive worked. Booted them right up and boy does Maniac Mansion look ugly these days.

I'm going to play with it for a few weeks before I decide on what to do with it. I'm probably going to end up selling it because I don't need a computer from 1985 set up in my office. Though it will be funny if I have people over and as we are heading out to get dinner be like I just gotta save what I was working on and run over to the Apple II.

$24

Mario World SNES

Mario All-Stars SNES

Chrono Trigger SNES

I hadn't seen a Chrono Trigger out in the wild in forever.

I think for next year I will have to have a different plan. The amount of town-wide yard sale days has killed the week to week yardsales this summer and a good amount of last summer. I'm going to have to see if I can find out when the town-wide yard sales are for all the surrounding cities and just hit those up each week. This week was my local town and of 100+ sales I was only able to hit about 35 in the 5 hours I was out (8am to 1pm)

As for the finds:

$4

Resident Evil 2: Dual shock edition - PS1

Tomb Raider 3 - PS1

both mint and complete

$21

Wii complete in the box

Wii-fit complete in the box

Zoo Tycoon XBox One - sealed

Gunslinger 360 - sealed

Don't really need another Wii but for that cheap I decided just to grab everything.

$2

American Gothic Complete Series DVD

$3

Vintage construction toy set (forget the name now, but you make little tanks or other types of things and hook up a battery)

1970's Superman trash can

$10

Giant Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls. Saw they were kind of valuable or I might give them to niece.

$75

Apple II computer w/ monitor, printer, mouse, etc. and 30 games complete in box. Some good ones like Maniac Mansion complete.

I booted this right up in the front yard and pulled out a few of the 5.25 disks to make sure the drive worked. Booted them right up and boy does Maniac Mansion look ugly these days.

I'm going to play with it for a few weeks before I decide on what to do with it. I'm probably going to end up selling it because I don't need a computer from 1985 set up in my office. Though it will be funny if I have people over and as we are heading out to get dinner be like I just gotta save what I was working on and run over to the Apple II.

$24

Mario World SNES

Mario All-Stars SNES

Chrono Trigger SNES

I hadn't seen a Chrono Trigger out in the wild in forever.
I've barely found any video games at yard sales this year. To be fair, I've gone out much less. But, I keep hoping to find a Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana. At this point I'm considering an AliExpress repro cart -__-. I'm happy to know there are still Chrono Triggers left to find!

The last couple of weeks have been pretty scarce, but I'm managed to find a few things. Both of the lots below were $20 each and both had a few things I was excited to add to my collection.

Only got to go out twice since the last week in August. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy most of the day too so the year might be over for me, time to focus on Facebook finds. If I dont get to go back out this year its been fun. It was my first year going out almost every weekend and ive added about 300 games and multiple consoles to my collection. Cant wait until the spring. 

IMG_20160902_165026_zpsdxlavvrq.jpg

PS1 Games were $15 for everything

Marvel vs Capcom was $4 (Its the Japanese version)

Hunter and Madden were $3 each

IMG_20160924_081722_zpsiwprhkob.jpg

These finds were from last weekend

Fallout Pop $2

PS3 Games and Sonic $1 Each

LA Noire and Transformers $2.50 each

Gamecube, PS2, and Bioncle were $2 each but B2G1 so $4 for 3 games.

This is neat. Got a massive Hummer themed boombox for $2. The CD player doesn't work and antenna are missing. Wondering if either issue is fixable :/

p2gfuhg.jpg

When you find something last week and get excited about going out again this week...... and find nothing! I saw 1 sealed Wii game that someone grabbed out of a Free Stuff box. Just some crappy sports/party mini game. There was 1 street that had 5 sales and it was nothing that great. I dont think most sales in the paper and with signs setup today because it would start to rain a little bit then stop...then sprinkle a little bit and then stop. It probably didnt help that I wasnt asking the sellers about games that much today. Hope theres a few more sales in October but its definitely got that end of the season feel after being rainy and 60ish today.

hmm I didn't know they did storage auctions online. I might look into that in my area. Most of that stuff is the type of stuff that ends up at 5 below other than the amiibos.

My only game find today was:

$0.50 - The Warriors (complete) for PS2

It's funny, I used to sell most of the games I found to make money to pay off my student loans. Now that I can be more flexible with what I keep, I'm no longer finding anything.

I got for $2

Vintage Pokemon Trading Card Binder

Silent Hill 2 Xbox - Disc Only

Tape Gun

Yard sales officially have dropped off for the season for me :(*

On Saturday morning, I got Yoshi's Island DS & SkyGunner for PS2 - $1 total

At a different sale, I picked up a McFarlane Toys Halo Reach warthog (missing turret) & ghost vehicles, along with a Master Chief figurine, and some roughed up Star Wars figurines. Looking on ebay, I should've also picked up several GI Joe figurines. At the price of 10 cents per figurine, I could've listed them as a custom fodder lot.

There was a cib copy of Super Mario Sunshine at the above sale, but the front of the case had a mysterious brown stain, and the manual was somewhat torn up. Looking up what disc only auctions go for on ebay, I maid a mistake in passing on it.

A few weeks back I got 2 gamecube controllers for $5.

On Saturday morning, I got Yoshi's Island DS & SkyGunner for PS2 - $1 total

At a different sale, I picked up a McFarlane Toys Halo Reach warthog (missing turret) & ghost vehicles, along with a Master Chief figurine, and some roughed up Star Wars figurines. Looking on ebay, I should've also picked up several GI Joe figurines. At the price of 10 cents per figurine, I could've listed them as a custom fodder lot.

There was a cib copy of Super Mario Sunshine at the above sale, but the front of the case had a mysterious brown stain, and the manual was somewhat torn up. Looking up what disc only auctions go for on ebay, I maid a mistake in passing on it.

A few weeks back I got 2 gamecube controllers for $5.
If the disc on Super Mario Sunshine was in nice shape, you can always use it as an upgrade on another copy that's scratched all to hell; price is everything on a pick-up like that though.

Went to an estate sale this morning. 12th in line, so figured I would be out of luck. Ended up getting:

$10

Mario Party 4, 5, 7

Mario Sunshine

Blitz 2002

Rugrats something something Ransom

Wii Sports

All complete and in excellent condition.

Last weekend at a yard sale I got

$15 (all Gamecube)

Sonic Heroes 

Luigi's Mansion

Mario Strikers

Mario Superstar Baseball

Also all complete and in tip top shape!

So excited to actually find some Gamecube stuff.

Today was a major win. I believe that I've come across the single most expensive flip since I've been yard sailing. I purchased a CD set of real sky survey. Apparently it is actual research plates From telescopes. Also apparently they are very valuable. After review I saw one of the two sets I picked up the had sold for a hefty sum . Luckily I have both sets so I'm hoping to get quite a bit more out of it.

Here's the kicker, I had no idea what it was but picked it up. I ended up giving $3 for it.

Here's a link to what exactly this is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealSky

Had a great find today

Seller #1

Gameboy Color with Pokemon Blue, Yellow, and Doctor Mario - $25

bW4VW1q.jpg

oTkSbvg.jpg

Seller #2

Soul Calibur IV, Homefront, and Pure Futbol all for $2

71IElMb.jpg

Seller #3

All for $2 each

MHK60hP.jpg

Zye4PjT.jpg

Went to goodwill and I saw FIFA 17 for $10 there. They also had Mafia 3 for $10 but someone took it in front of me

dYgtjoa.jpg

QSg5EDs.jpg

Flea market finds:

Three Godzilla action figures from 2002-2007 - $0.50 each (just noticed that one is missing a piece of the tail. Oh well...)

"The Book of Five Rings" HC book - $0.50

CDs $1 each:
SWV Christmas
Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Question the Answers
Circle Jerks - Wonderful (sealed)
Talkingheads Popular Favorites 1976-1992: Sand in the Vasoline (2 CD - Sealed)
Ed Lover and Dr. Dre - Back Up Off Me! (Sealed)
Bushwick Bill - phantom of the rapra

Stopped by a stand that was selling CDs at 5/$1. As I was making my purchases, the lady said "And my daughter didn't believe me when I said I was selling her s--t." Lol. Picked up:

The Very Best of Elvis Costello and the Attractions
Cyndi Lauper - She's So Unusual
Green Day - Warning
Steve Miller Band Greatest Hits 1974-1978
Classic Queen

I member cheap opened Target new releases a few years back. Now they're more like $45. Fine if you want the game but not flippable. I think I paid $15 apiece for a copy of Mario Kart 7 and SSB 3DS back in the day at Goodwill.

Yard sale have been mostly rained out here for the past couple of weeks, but I did snag this lot this past weekend for $50.

[attachment=24070:IMG_6348.JPG]

Paid 50 cents for LittleBigPlanet. The other three were $10 total at another sale.

Flea Market Finds -- some of my favorite finds of the summer:

Jet Set Radio OST (import) - $1 (Is the Miya Records release legit?)
Monster Squad DVD (factory sealed) - $1
Rocky Horror book - $0.50
Everlast "Eat at Whitey's" CD - $1
Elvis Costello "My Aim Is True" CD - $0.20
Go-Go's "Greatest" CD - $0.20
Boba Fett coin was free

[attachment=24091:image.jpg]

Had my first good sailing day in a while. Here's the loot:

First find - $25:

2as0na.jpg

Second find (best of the day) - $12

24uxr8p.jpg

Third find - $1:

22nnns.jpg

Fourth find - $7

svml1y.jpg

I also bought a Wii bundle for $10 which I traded to GameStop for $43 cash on the way home.

One Game Boy Color's speaker doesn't work. I'll need to replace that. The screens are also fairly scratched :headache: . Gonna put new batteries in the games, too.

Not really a fan of anime, but I figured Record of Lodoss War was an old title and that the DvD set might be valuable. Turns out I was right.

^^You can try some car plastic polish for those screens. It takes a lot of elbow grease but it does work to get some scratches out.

I went to about 12 sales yesterday and didn't find too much. Someone was selling NES game sleeves at $1 each, but no games. Another sale had a bunch of 360 sports games. Another one had Wii U games for $25, even ones that are already Nintendo Selects. My son picked up a couple of original Power Rangers and a small Optimus Prime for $1. He also got some free stuff from a few people. He got a couple of beanie babies and a brand new rubber ducky.

I picked up this bin full of lego:

https://www.amazon.com/IRIS-Square-Stacking-Basket-Green/dp/B007EE9VUK

an old Legoland ideas book, an Ionix Venusaur set, and a 500gb laptop hard drive for $20.

The hard drive seemed to have been pulled from a macbook. When I was about to format it, I found it still had pictures, lease docs, important docs, etc. I found their email and contacted them and the guy said his wife accidentally put it out. He already had a backup of it so he said he was fine with me keeping it as long as I formatted the drive.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Went to an awesome yard sale around 10:30 yesterday. This guy had all the stuff I like finding... video games, records, portable radios/shortwave radios, and stuff that can make me a few bucks.

Systems were $5 each. Games were $1 each. The charging port is broken on the 3DS, but swapping a charged battery in it, it works. All the consoles had power supplies, AV cables, and at least 1 controller. Also go the original box for the DSi XL. And also not  pictured are two CIB Atari games; Raiders of the Lost Ark, and  Swordquest Earthworld.

Also got a brand new Yeungling Snowboard for $5. A Marx Mechanical Train Set in the box for $3. And a box of ~100 Pocket knives for $40.

My favorite find of yesterday was a box of records. A few days ago while listening to music on Youtube, the side bar recommended "Dorothy Ashby - Afro-Harpist." I listed to it, it was pretty good. So, when I saw that record sitting in the front of a box I perked up. Bought 2 boxes for $40 (most are common, a few $10 records yadda yadda). The boxes ended up having 3 Dorothy Ashby records. I probably won't keep them, despite one having a great rendition of "Canto de Ossanha." They're worth $100-120 each.

KOTOR and Magical Mirror with Mickey Mouse were $5 for the two. I had the greatest hits copy for KOTOR and now I have the Black Label. Happy about that.

Dead or Alive Xtreme was $1

Gauntlet Dark Legends, Tobal. 1, and the other game was $4.

Gamecube Controllers were a dollar a piece.

Bought it for $4. 

Bought the Teenage Mutant Ninja Books 1 - 4 for $18. 

Bought Graphic Novels/Comics for $2.50 a piece. Would've been awesome if there was Marvel Zombies. :lol:

Not Shown:

I also bought a PS2 with not disc cover and no wires for $3. Came with 2 Memory Cards. It works. 

A bucket and tray of Perler Beads, a perler board, and a GBA SP for $3. Probably one of my better finds.

So, Saturday was a major bust for me. There were tons of community sales around, but I had some family plans early on and was not able to hit much, and what I hit was really dry.

Sunday, on the other hand, was pretty great! I hit up a sale that mentioned video game stuff, and found a box full of random video game stuff. Nothing super duper amazing, but some good/stuff for $20.

As I was leaving the first sale I noticed one setting up a few houses away, so I stopped and asked about video games. They mentioned Nintendo and brought out the following lot, which I grabbed for $45. Super happy about this, as I was hoping for one more decent score before yard sale season is over.

Wow! You all had a great weekend.

Record of Lodoss War is a classic...I own it on VHS because the DVD set is kind of expensive.

As far as records go, I am at the point where I just buy all of them if they will deal with me. Too many rarities/niche things that have gotten expensive in recent years.

I love those TMNT graphic novels. I've had mine since I was a kid. They are nice high quality prints.

You guys are killing me with those finds! I went out a couple hours on Saturday and there was nothing video game related. Clothes on clothes on clothes on clothes! Just got word today that I was picked for the fulltime position at work so probably very few Thurs/Fri sales for me anymore! Thats okay, I usually do better on Saturdays anyways.

You guys are killing me with those finds! I went out a couple hours on Saturday and there was nothing video game related. Clothes on clothes on clothes on clothes! Just got word today that I was picked for the fulltime position at work so probably very few Thurs/Fri sales for me anymore! Thats okay, I usually do better on Saturdays anyways.
I know what that feels like. I'm from DMV and in a popular city, video games are in demand. Congrats on the full time job. What job is it?

I know what that feels like. I'm from DMV and in a popular city, video games are in demand. Congrats on the full time job. What job is it?
Library Assistant......I should probably buy a sweater that I wear all the time even when its hot and some thick black glasses so I can play the part!

Quick question - I got a DSi that wouldn't turn on a few weeks ago for $2. Owner said it suddenly just stopped working.

I switched out the battery with another from my other dsi and nothing happened. When I plug it in the orange light comes on and stays on. Any other quick fix ideas? If not going up on the fleabay for parts.

I thought I ask here since this thread is full of all the people who fix and clean up yardsale finds.

I hate when people print a single eBay listing next to their item for sale. Usually there's something cheaper than what that listing is priced at.

I saw a Pebble smartwatch for $55 with an eBay listing printed next to it with a price of $69.99. I looked on my phone and there were people selling for $35-$40 lol.

Quick question - I got a DSi that wouldn't turn on a few weeks ago for $2. Owner said it suddenly just stopped working.

I switched out the battery with another from my other dsi and nothing happened. When I plug it in the orange light comes on and stays on. Any other quick fix ideas? If not going up on the fleabay for parts.

I thought I ask here since this thread is full of all the people who fix and clean up yardsale finds.
Sounds like a bad power board. I've had the same thing happen once, but that was from a drop that popped the fuse. They're relatively easy to fix, but I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble. It's a small board attached to the main board.

You'll need a replacement board, about $8, and the screwdriver for the DSes. Add time on top of that and the price of a used DSi, you can decide yourself if it's worth trying.

I hate when people print an eBay listing next to their item for sale. Usually there's something cheaper than what that listing is priced at.

I saw a Pebble smartwatch for $55 at a yard sale with an eBay listing printed next to it with a price of $69.99. I looked on my eBay app and there were people selling for $35-$40 lol.

Sounds like a bad power board. I've had the same thing happen once, but that was from a drop that popped the fuse. They're relatively easy to fix, but I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble. It's a small board attached to the main board.

You'll need a replacement board, about $8, and the screwdriver for the DSes. Add time on top of that and the price of a used DSi, you can decide yourself if it's worth trying.
Probably not worth the effort. I think it is gonna go up there for parts then. Looks like I can still make a cool 7 bucks on it that way hah.

I hate when people print an eBay listing next to their item for sale. Usually there's something cheaper than what that listing is priced at.

I saw a Pebble smartwatch for $55 at a yard sale with an eBay listing printed next to it with a price of $69.99. I looked on my eBay app and there were people selling for $35-$40 lol.
That reminds me a printout of a amazon printout. U may as well get it on ebay lol

Picked up for $5 total

Beyond Good and Evil - PS2

Spawn: The Eternal - PS1

Both CIB

Really nice fall afternoon here and everyone is in festival mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back