The Official August CAG 2010 Pick-Ups Thread

[quote name='lmz00']In total, or just sealed?[/QUOTE]
Total, although from what I've seen of your pickups, I always imagine you have one open system and then working towards one of every variation of the systems sealed.

I'll just go with the sealed stuff, since it's far less complicated to list:
SNES - 3 sealed (Super Set, DKC bundle & KI bundle)
N64 - 3 sealed (DK64 bundle & 2 Atomic Purple controller bundles)
Dreamcast - 2 sealed (black box version)
PS2 - 1 sealed (39001)
Game Gear - 1 sealed
NES - 1 sealed (original Action Set with gray Zapper)

The NES is the only system that I've never owned prior to buying a sealed version. As for all the others, I still have my originals, some of which are duplicates. I just started collecting in January by accident, so it'll be a while before I have everything I want.

[quote name='lmz00']I'll just go with the sealed stuff, since it's far less complicated to list:
SNES - 3 sealed (Super Set, DKC bundle & KI bundle)
N64 - 3 sealed (DK64 bundle & 2 Atomic Purple controller bundles)
Dreamcast - 2 sealed (black box version)
PS2 - 1 sealed (39001)
Game Gear - 1 sealed
NES - 1 sealed (original Action Set with gray Zapper)

The NES is the only system that I've never owned prior to buying a sealed version. As for all the others, I still have my originals, some of which are duplicates. I just started collecting in January by accident, so it'll be a while before I have everything I want.[/QUOTE]

Darn if I had met you 5 years ago you'd have a Halo 2 LE Blue (Canada only) sealed Xbox and a LE Green Xbox sealed (was some weird Canada combo again but not Halo related).

neahxx.jpg

2ain8l5.jpg

[quote name='lolwut?']That's comforting.

[/QUOTE]

Classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. Not that I think your purchases were bad but yeah he shouldn't be one to talk. :roll:

[quote name='rp71284']Darn if I had met you 5 years ago you'd have a Halo 2 LE Blue (Canada only) sealed Xbox and a LE Green Xbox sealed (was some weird Canada combo again but not Halo related).

neahxx.jpg

2ain8l5.jpg
[/QUOTE]
We got the clear green one in the US, but it was packaged with Halo. I was so anal those days that I never even took the plastic off of the console. I just cut a piece off of the front so the disc tray could slide in and out. :[

The clear blue one is sweet, though. The only one I've seen on eBay is a Japanese DOAU one.

Js, did your copy of Versus come dented/scratched?

Amazon sent mine in their cheapest cardboard mailer; I have to call their CS line and have a word with them about that shit.

[quote name='lolwut?']Js, did your copy of Versus come dented/scratched?

Amazon sent mine in their cheapest cardboard mailer; I have to call their CS line and have a word with them about that shit.[/QUOTE]

Mine came in fine. I had it packaged with the Jet Li movie and a book as well. BTW, I did not even know they came out with a Blu version of Versus already. How does it stack up to the ultimate DVD?

These were actually from last month, but, since I haven't posted in a while, they'll be part of this month's pick ups. :)

24802801.jpg

Metroid Prime Trilogy: Got from a trade from another CAG.

Tales of Vesperia(sealed): Gamestop and EB just got a whole bunch of reprinted copies for sale last month and sold them for $35.

Ico and Katamari Damacy: I bought these two from someone on eBay. The auction was originally just for Ico, but the seller mentioned that if the game was purchased using Buy It Now, he'd throw in a copy of Katamari Damacy for free. With a BIN of only $15, I'd be a fool not to bite. Ended up paying $20 shipped. :)

Step Brothers: Bought from Costco for $13.

89057451.jpg

Got these Peace Walker Mountain Dews from Dv8's lowball sale. It took about a month and a half for them to get here via ground shipping, but they were totally worth the wait. :D

62734576.jpg

And the biggest purchase is my brand new iMac that my parents unexpectedly bought for me. I didn't even have to ask for it! I guess it's my reward for not asking them to buy me anything in years. It even came with a free 8GB iPod Touch with a mail in rebate. It's just too bad I just bought an iPod Nano a month and a half ago. :/ Oh well, I guess that one's going to my mom. :)

[quote name='js1']Mine came in fine. I had it packaged with the Jet Li movie and a book as well. BTW, I did not even know they came out with a Blu version of Versus already. How does it stack up to the ultimate DVD?[/QUOTE]

It's been getting delayed for the past 4-5 months; I've had my ship date pushed back like 4 times within the last 3-4 weeks.

Can't say anything about the picture yet; I haven't opened either.

[quote name='ducksoda7']These were actually from last month, but, since I haven't posted in a while, they'll be part of this month's pick ups. :)

Metroid Prime Trilogy: Got from a trade from another CAG.

Tales of Vesperia(sealed): Gamestop and EB just got a whole bunch of reprinted copies for sale last month and sold them for $35.

Ico and Katamari Damacy: I bought these two from someone on eBay. The auction was originally just for Ico, but the seller mentioned that if the game was purchased using Buy It Now, he'd throw in a copy of Katamari Damacy for free. With a BIN of only $15, I'd be a fool not to bite. Ended up paying $20 shipped. :)

Step Brothers: Bought from Costco for $13.

Got these Peace Walker Mountain Dews from Dv8's lowball sale. It took about a month and a half for them to get here via ground shipping, but they were totally worth the wait. :D

And the biggest purchase is my brand new iMac that my parents unexpectedly bought for me. I didn't even have to ask for it! I guess it's my reward for not asking them to buy me anything in years. It even came with a free 8GB iPod Touch with a mail in rebate. It's just too bad I just bought an iPod Nano a month and a half ago. :/ Oh well, I guess that one's going to my mom. :)[/QUOTE]

Very nice! Killer on Vesperia. Those mountain dew cans are actually really cool looking:hot:, and I dont even like the soda! Im ordering the DQ slime drinks sometime in the future:bouncy:

[quote name='Potatoeman']Very nice! Killer on Vesperia. Those mountain dew cans are actually really cool looking:hot:, and I dont even like the soda! Im ordering the DQ slime drinks sometime in the future:bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Thanks! :) I personally LOVE Mountain Dew. Before DV8's sale, I didn't even know it existed in Japan, let alone limited MGS ones.

100_1196.jpg

JVC X'Eye CIB-$50

100_1197.jpg

Bally Astrocade with ~30 games-$50

100_1198.jpg

$50 for all of them.

100_1199.jpg

$20 for this lot

100_1200.jpg

Milton Bradley Microvision w/ Block Buster & a bunch more Astrocade games-FREE

100_1201.jpg

$20 for all the SMS games.
Silent Hill demo (sealed)-FREE

[quote name='lmz00']We got the clear green one in the US, but it was packaged with Halo. I was so anal those days that I never even took the plastic off of the console. I just cut a piece off of the front so the disc tray could slide in and out. :[

The clear blue one is sweet, though. The only one I've seen on eBay is a Japanese DOAU one.[/QUOTE]

LOL I have a 2nd LE Blue one that I do that with. Heck, it was modded with lights and BS, yet the plastic is still on the top.

Oh and this just came in the mail from Wal-Mart. It randomly popped up on their site and I bit for $29.99.

25r1my0.jpg

Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands
Found an 8 Bit Nintendo Entertainment System box in the closet , have no idea how that escaped multiple cleanings over the years.

:ds:
Princess Debut $15.00
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Official Stategy Guide $0.01
DS Character Game Sleeve Mario and Peach $4.99 each
Junior Classic Books and Fairytales

:psp:
LocoRoco 2 (x2) $0.97 each

:wii:
Sing It: Family Hits Bundle
Remote/MotionPlus Bundle (Black) $29.99

$25 Gamestop Giftcard

Last edited by a moderator:
wow segasonic... those JVC X'eye systems are rare as can be.

Where did you get all that if you dont mind me asking? That's an incredibly good haul

Edit: by the way, what are you doing with those Zelda CD-i games?

[quote name='Potatoeman']wow segasonic... those JVC X'eye systems are rare as can be.

Where did you get all that if you dont mind me asking? That's an incredibly good haul

Edit: by the way, what are you doing with those Zelda CD-i games?[/QUOTE]
A friend of mine. Personally, I hate Zelda to no end, but I couldnt refuse a rare game.

What are u doing with the Spider-Man for 32X? :)

[quote name='Segasonic01']
100_1196.jpg

JVC X'Eye CIB-$50
[/QUOTE]

Awesome job! Totally jealous! I paid about $80 for mine and it didn't even come with the box. :/ Also, I've never seen that box for an X'EYE before.

I havr the opportunity to buy a Turbo Duo w/ games for $80, but idk if I wanna spend that much. I am gonna go back next week for a few more Jaguar games (like White Men Cant Jump, Wolfenstein, & Missile Command 3D tho.

O ya, I also forgot to list one other thing. I got a PC Engine Duo-R. No cords, controllers, & according to the guy, the disc drive dosnt work. But I have no way of testing it & it was free, so whatever.

picked up

:360: Left 4 Dead on eBay for $10 shipped ( BEAST!!.. heh )

then went and dropped $600 on my preorders through the holiday, Gamestop guy about shit a brick it was rather funny

:360: Halo Reach LE
:360: Dead Rising 2: Zombrex Edition
:360: Two Worlds 2
:360: Fable 3 CE
:360: Fallout: New Vegas CE
:360: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II CE
:360: COD: Black Ops
:360: Assassins Creed Brotherhood

I copped some good apps, The Hero, Bejeweled 2, Fastar...

Also preordered Knights in the Nightmare on PSP... That one is going to be awesome.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I copped some good apps, The Hero, Bejeweled 2, Fastar...

Also preordered Knights in the Nightmare on PSP... That one is going to be awesome.[/QUOTE]

I am undecided on Knight in the Nightmare on PSP... I had heard the touch screen was a huge part of the DS version and after I finally got to play it... I am wondering how they are going to change it for the PSP version. I will still probably get it on PSP but not at $30.

On a side note I have a few pick ups myself. Pictures coming later this evening :D

[quote name='lmz00']F_T wouldn't have let his video just end like that. Step your game up, bruh.

(I kid.)[/QUOTE]

I'm way too lazy to edit a proper ending, not to mention I had no idea how long I had been talking.. I did have a good sendoff

Recent Pickups:
Resident Evil:Extinction
The Crazies
Memory Stick Duo Mark 2 4GB
X-Men the Last Stand/X-Men Origins it was a double pack
KickAss
Deception

and i saw a copy of Rock Revolution for 0.97 cents at sears today i was going to pick it up as i needed a new xbox 360 case but i put it down and went back into the mall thinking i could just come back and get it again but when i came back it was gone :(

[IMG-L=6061]17160[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6061]17161[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6061]17162[/IMG-L]

Picked up Pokemon S1 (all 3 volumes) from Amazon. Got Eureka Seven Vol. 1 from gamestop. The other 5 were from a friend for $20 :D

Got Ninja Five-O sealed via the CAG Trade Forum for a damn good price!!!!!! :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

[quote name='Freemason']you forgot to say HD BITCHES!!![/QUOTE]

I guess that just leaves more content for my next video! :applause:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta'][IMG-L=6061]17160[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6061]17161[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6061]17162[/IMG-L]

Picked up Pokemon S1 (all 3 volumes) from Amazon. Got Eureka Seven Vol. 1 from gamestop. The other 5 were from a friend for $20 :D

Got Ninja Five-O sealed via the CAG Trade Forum for a damn good price!!!!!! :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:[/QUOTE]

LOL.... Ninja Five-O name suck... but the game is awesome. that beast didn't cost you an arm and a leg did it?

[quote name='dinobot']lol.... Ninja five-o name suck... But the game is awesome. That beast didn't cost you an arm and a leg did it?[/quote]

Cost me $25 :D

[quote name='elessar123']Has anyone been keeping tabs to see how much of the thousand dollars FT has left?[/QUOTE]

Our tax dollars pay for his unemployment. He's cool, don't worry.

[quote name='nnthomas']Our tax dollars pay for his unemployment. He's cool, don't worry.[/QUOTE]

I thought you couldn't get unemployment if you got fired? Unless he was laid off, I dunno what the full story is.

bread's done
Back