The Official August CAG 2010 Pick-Ups Thread

[quote name='Animal7390']why does everyone hate fire_thief?[/QUOTE]

I'm currently writing on this topic for my college thesis

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']I'm currently writing on this topic for my college thesis[/QUOTE]

i would like to read this. it is interesting to see how many people do not like him, and unless i missed something, he really doesnt do anything more than the rest of us.

[quote name='mguiddy']But he buys games that other people don't like and is enthusiastic about doing so![/QUOTE]

everyone does that, i hate halo and people brag about buying that all the time.

[quote name='Animal7390']i would like to read this. it is interesting to see how many people do not like him, and unless i missed something, he really doesnt do anything more than the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

Long story short, he would brag about picking up games most of us wouldn't spend any money on saying he got them for $x.xx shipped like it was something great. He also raps about hating people on GameFAQs, spent time at work creating videos, created videos while driving his little ex-girlfriend around, has been banned from a good number of forums, talked about getting STDs on GameFAQs, and uses Ebonics like he went to school solely for that. He's the complete package of what's wrong with youth today.

[quote name='vulgarism']long story short, he would brag about picking up games most of us wouldn't spend any money on saying he got them for $x.xx shipped like it was something great. He also raps about hating people on gamefaqs, spent time at work creating videos, created videos while driving his little ex-girlfriend around, has been banned from a good number of forums, talked about getting stds on gamefaqs, and uses ebonics like he went to school solely for that. He's the complete package of what's wrong with youth today.[/quote]

this

[quote name='Animal7390']i would like to read this. it is interesting to see how many people do not like him, and unless i missed something, he really doesnt do anything more than the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

I actually feel the same way. I feel he doesn't do anything more than the rest of us. I mean he does purchase some shit games but that is his choice if he want to play drivel like that. I am guilty of buying some bad games just for the gamerscore, so I really can't give him too much shit. That said there are worse people on this site that deserve the banhammer waaaaay more than he does.

Honestly though everyone telling him how to spend his money should honestly fuck off. If he chooses to spend it all like this then let him. Stop trying to be his mommy & daddy already. If he fucks himself over then let him. Not your life, go live yours, good day. :whistle2:#

The one thing that does get under my skin a bit though is him calling all these obscure shit games Rare & Valuable. :roll:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I actually feel the same way. I feel he doesn't do anything more than the rest of us. I mean he does purchase some shit games but that is his choice if he want to play drivel like that. I am guilty of buying some bad games just for the gamerscore, so I really can't give him too much shit. That said there are worse people on this site that deserve the banhammer waaaaay more than he does.

Honestly though everyone telling him how to spend his money should honestly fuck off. If he chooses to spend it all like this then let him. Stop trying to be his mommy & daddy already. If he fucks himself over then let him. Not your life, go live yours, good day. :whistle2:#

The one thing that does get under my skin a bit though is him calling all these obscure shit games Rare & Valuable. :roll:[/QUOTE]

My biggest problem is seeing how often he talks out of his ass. We're talking about a kid who posted on a forum that he wanted to make $1,000,000 in 3 years without working at all. Sure, none of us can really tell him what to do, but we can say how we feel. I hate him because he wastes thousands of dollars on video games when some people work day after day and not get anywhere in life. I guess it's a matter of having things handed to you versus working for them. That's why nobody says anything about you, ZXT. I know your work schedule and you earn every dollar you make. F_T sat in a store making videos on the clock for money.

[quote name='Vulgarism']My biggest problem is seeing how often he talks out of his ass. We're talking about a kid who posted on a forum that he wanted to make $1,000,000 in 3 years without working at all. Sure, none of us can really tell him what to do, but we can say how we feel. I hate him because he wastes thousands of dollars on video games when some people work day after day and not get anywhere in life. I guess it's a matter of having things handed to you versus working for them. That's why nobody says anything about you, ZXT. I know your work schedule and you earn every dollar you make. F_T sat in a store making videos on the clock for money.[/QUOTE]

I guess I can agree with that. But honestly if he wastes his money like that it WILL bite him in the ass later on then that is the time for everyone to say "I told you so". ;)

As for the way he acts... I actually find hilarity in it because he is different from the "token" troll, or at least I think he is.

[quote name='Vulgarism']I hate him because he wastes thousands of dollars on video games when some people work day after day and not get anywhere in life.[/QUOTE]

You must hate a lot of people on this site.

Well.. trying to get back on topic a little bit... I got some stuff this past couple days..

DQ V: hand of the Heavenly Bride and some other goodies from Gamestop.

All of these are from 1 specific gamestop I go to every now and then. It's out of the way for me, maybe 15 miles or so. They always wait to take guides off the rack..

1000507i.jpg

They're all in good condition, Mass effect and MPT are still sealed. The game is in excellent quality and complete!

I also stopped by a good will that was way out of my way. They had practically nothing game related, but I saw a telescope by Bushnell for $20 that im going to go check on later this week. It looked nice, and it was huge, anyone ever bought/sold one before?

[quote name='salty tbone']You must hate a lot of people on this site.[/QUOTE]

Everybody.

Not really, but 99% of the people I encounter don't use "Shawty" or "Beast" or "Gucci as fuck!" If you're going to speak like that, it doesn't really need to be brought onto a forum for video games as well...

[quote name='Animal7390']everyone does that, i hate halo and people brag about buying that all the time.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, thats not at all the same.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Not really. I see it aggravates you herbs and you guys only encourage me. Truly pathetic on your part.[/QUOTE]

lol, you still don't have a job

Hope this helps

[quote name='Potatoeman']Well.. trying to get back on topic a little bit... I got some stuff this past couple days..

DQ V: hand of the Heavenly Bride and some other goodies from Gamestop.

All of these are from 1 specific gamestop I go to every now and then. It's out of the way for me, maybe 15 miles or so. They always wait to take guides off the rack..

1000507i.jpg

They're all in good condition, Mass effect and MPT are still sealed. The game is in excellent quality and complete!

I also stopped by a good will that was way out of my way. They had practically nothing game related, but I saw a telescope by Bushnell for $20 that im going to go check on later this week. It looked nice, and it was huge, anyone ever bought/sold one before?[/QUOTE]

Good stuff!

DQV - Do Want.

Few of my orders didn't come in last week so another kind of "meh" haul for the week.

2 - retrogens (1 for me and son)
Several retro Genny, SNES, GB, N64 + a few last gen fillers
DS & Wii games for the wife and kid

IMG_1144.JPG

Mostly stuff from last week. Thankfully haven't come across anything on eBay in the past week that was too good to pass up. Not making any progress in my backlog with how much I'm playing Picross 3D.

Wii Zapper with Link's Crossbow Training/Wii Play with Remote $25 shipped - eBay
Blue Club Nintendo DS Lite game card/stylus set - Club Nintendo
Trauma Center: New Blood $9.99 - Amazon Warehouse Deals

Went to this guy's house planning on picking up just the TG-16 for $50 but ended up paying $120 + a $10 Best Buy reward zone certificate (didn't have enough cash) for the following:

2psm1yh.jpg

FC3 Plus clone thing and 2 controllers

SNES:
Star Fox NOT FOR RESALE demo
Troy Aikman Football
NBA Jam
Ken Griffey Jr Major League Baseball
Blades of Steel
TMNT II
Double Dribble
Tecmo Baseball
Hogan's Alley
SMB/DH
MLB
Popeye
RC Pro Am

Genesis:
Rugby World Cup 95
NHL 94
NBA Jam
Super Wrestlemania
Sports Talk Football
Lion King
Chakan
Golden Axe
World Series Baseball

111jbl4.jpg

2zi679e.jpg

3DO console w/ cords, 3 controllers, flight stick
Gex
Theme Park
Primal Rage
Love Bites
Corpse Killer disc only
Way of the Warrior
Sample This!
Slam Jam 95
Pebble Beach Golf Link
Seal of the Pharoah
Total Eclipse disc only
Myst
3DO Interactive Sampler 3 no back art
Primal Rage (second copy in a one disc box instead of a 2 disc box, both have one disc :/)
Panasonic Sampler CD
John Madden Football disc only
Blade Force
Psychic Detective
PO'ed
Super Wing Commander
AD&D Slayer
AD&D Deathkeep disc only
Street Fighter II Turbo (accidentally pictured w/ the TG16 lot)

2guxwk4.jpg

TurboGrafx 16 w/ cords, controller, turbobooster, instructions
Legendary Axe
Neutopia
Bloody Wolf
Dungeon Explorer
Victory Run
Ninja Spirit
Bonk's Adventure
Bonk's Revenge card only
Keith Courage
World Class Baseball

and he also threw in these games for free when i asked about them he doesn't have a gc anymore.......

2j3qgsn.jpg

unfortunately college basketball 2k3 doesn't have a manual but I'm not complaining.

Also picked these up for $25 total at a Pawn shop on the way back:

zxmsna.jpg

FFX
Amplitude
Guitar Hero Dual Pack
Morrowind GOTY disc only
Pokemon FireRed (at least I assume it is, no label but no other gba games are red)

Magna Carta II, Splinter Cell: Conviction and Alan Wake are my recent pick ups. Magna Carta II is pretty good. Way too much dialogue used to tell the story. Needs more cut scenes. Will be playing Alan Wake once I'm done with Magna Carta.

got viking battle for asgaurd last week, don't really like it at all, but i got an achievement worth 12 points -.- so my ocd forces me to play through the game till i get my gs evan again.

Nice pick ups darkslime! Just picked up the following.

Kijiji bundle #1 for $65 delivered
-3 Wavebirds
-Zelda Wind Waker
-Phantasy Star I & II(missing manual)
-Mario Party 5

Kijiji bundle #2 for $55 delivered(all cart only)
-Silver GBA SP
-GBA carrying case
-link cable
-wireless link
-Pokemon Ruby
-Pokemon Sapphire
-Pokemon Fire Red
-Pokemon Leaf Green
-Pokemon Emerald
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team
-Driver
-Lego Star Wars

EB Games
-Silent Hill SM(Wii/used) $15 with coupon

Sears
-Spongebob Season 4 Vol. 1 $10
-She-Ra Season 1 Vol. 1 $10
-She-Ra Season 1 Vol. 2 $10
-He-Man Season 1 Vo. 2 $10
-TMNT Season 1 Vol. 2 $3.50

Wait a minute.. How was my pickups video off topic? Just because I didn't post pictures that makes it immediately "off topic"?

Help me understand this...

[quote name='Denzalo']Wait a minute.. How was my pickups video off topic? Just because I didn't post pictures that makes it immediately "off topic"?

Help me understand this...[/QUOTE]

Its nothing to do with you. There were numerous posts about fire thief that made the thread derail.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Its nothing to do with you. There were numerous posts about fire thief that made the thread derail.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and my post got deleted in the mess :)

This is stuff from last month and this month. I bought a few lots this month and got some games that I probably would have never picked up otherwise.

downsized0810001421.jpg

:ps2: Jak 3 - finally have the whole trilogy, going to have to clean the stickers off the case :whistle2:(
PS1 Wild Arms 2 - I liked the first game so I decided to finally check out the rest of them
PS1 Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes - part of a PlayStation lot I bought
PS1 Forsaken - part of a PlayStation lot I bought
:xbox: The Suffering
:wii: Nyko Perfect Shot (x2, second one not pictured) - For the girlfriend and I to play some light gun games. Now I just need to figure out which ones to get.

0810001414.jpg

PS1 Vandal Hearts
:psp: Headphones - I love clearance at KMart
:xbox: Second Sight - always wanted this game
Transformers: WFC comic FREE from K-Mart when I bought the headphones. I asked if they had any left from the promotion a few weeks back. Still waiting on a good deal for the game.

0810001417.jpg

PS1 Colony Wars: Red Sun - got this as part of a PlayStation lot I bought
PS1 Colony Wars: Vengence - got this as part of a PlayStation lot I bought
PS1 Celebrity Deathmatch - got this as part of a PlayStation lot I bought, looks terrible
PS1 Akuji The Heartless - got this as part of a PlayStation lot I bought
PS1 Tenchu 2
PS1 Syphon Filter 3 - Loved the previous two, got this for cheap
PS1 Army Men 3D - got this as part of a PlayStation lot I bought
PS1 Final Fantasy III - picked this up for my vacation last month
PS1 Final Fantasy Chronicles - saw this at the Good Will
PS1 2GB card for Wii - KMart clearance
PS1 Mega Man X4

0810001420.jpg

:ps2: Odin Sphere - B2G1 @ Gamestop, I was surprised to find a perfect copy. Looks like it was never played.
:ps2: Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - B2G1 @ Gamestop
:ps2: Wild Arms 3
:ps2: Wild Arms 4
:ps2: Beyond Good and Evil
:ps2: Robotech Battlecry - given to me by a friend because he had 2 copies
:br: Alien vs. Predator
:br: Alien vs. Predator: Requiem
:br: Predator: Ultimate Hunter Edition

Not Pictured:
:ps3: Rock Band cymbal kit - KMart clearance was good to me this month
:ps3: Guitar Hero World Tour - B2G1 @ Gamestop
:xbox: The Suffering: Ties That Bind
NES Predator
NES Dragon Warrior
NES Wizards & Warriors
NES Strider
:pc: Fallout Trilogy

Picked these up from various stores/thrifts, none of them have their manual :(

PS1 Digimon World - 1.99
PS1 Digimon World 2 - 1.99
PS1 Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories - 1.99
PS3 NHL 09 - 2.49

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles - PSP, $8.99 at WareHouse Deals.

Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night - iPod touch, $1.99 at the App Store.

Went around to Half priced books again today. Picked up the ones below.

1000513f.jpg

Went to one HPB and got xenosaga 3 guide, half lfie, and the FF3 secrets book. xeno 3 was $7, FF3 was $5, half life was $1.

Went to another one way out of my way and saw a ton of goodies digimon world 1, 2 and card battle complete - only picked up xenosaga 1 guide for $7.

I dont think i did so bad today, but ended up spending more than I wanted on the xenosaga guides.

Went to Play N Trade and picked up:

Luigi's Mansion
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Metroid Prime 2
Paper Mario
Fox: Assault
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II
Super Smash Melee
Soul Caliber II

All of it cost under $60. Love the B1G1 Free on GC/PS2/Xbox games.

[quote name='lolwut?']
dscn1592x.jpg

dscn1609u.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Did you get Gangs of New York from DeepDiscount? I'm hoping so, that way i know they are actually shipping the remastered version.

js1, you end up opening yours? I got a replacement copy, and parts of it were worse than the 1st; I ended up frankensteining the two to make a decent copy

dscn1618o.jpg

Picked up (at my local video store):

Wario World
Super Mario Sunshine
Kirby's Air Ride
LoZ: Four Swords
LoZ: Windwaker
Time Splitters Future Perfect

Picked up everything for $34 after taxes. They had a B2G1 Free on PS2/GC/Xbox games with each game costing $7.95. Going to pick up Mario Party 4-6, Super Monkey Ball 1-2, and Animal Crossings tommorow. Also saw LoZ: Twilight Princess on GC, Capcom vs SN2, and a bunch of Megaman Collections for $7.95.

[quote name='JYabbz']Picked up (at my local video store):

Wario World
Super Mario Sunshine
Kirby's Air Ride
LoZ: Four Swords
LoZ: Windwaker
Time Splitters Future Perfect

Picked up everything for $34 after taxes. They had a B2G1 Free on PS2/GC/Xbox games with each game costing $7.95. Going to pick up Mario Party 4-6, Super Monkey Ball 1-2, and Animal Crossings tommorow. Also saw LoZ: Twilight Princess on GC, Capcom vs SN2, and a bunch of Megaman Collections for $7.95.[/QUOTE]

Wow, great shop you got there!

[quote name='lmz00']One to play, one to keep sealed.[/QUOTE]

Is the game rare or something? Reviews are terrible, not to mention...

...it's the Spice Girls :whistle2:s

I don't think so. I got them both for $50 shipped. I'm keeping the sealed copy just to have it (I'll probably send it to VGA eventually), not because I think it might be worth a lot of money one day. I don't buy games as "investments." And I'm all about the Spice Girls.

:psp: PSP 3000 $96.99 - Amazon Warehouse Deals
:360: Blue Dragon $5.44 - buy.com
:360: Assassin's Creed II/Battlefield Bad Company 2 $28.99 - eBay
:ds: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time $13.00 - eBay
:ps3: Dead to Rights: Retribution $10.98 - goHastings

bread's done
Back