The Official CAG April 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received my iBasso DX100 DAP (Digital Audio Player) yesterday. It is a beast.

My portable gear is complete for the forseeable future.

PortableGear_1.jpg

iBasso DX100 + 1964 Ears Quad custom.

[quote name='wasabi5858']I received my iBasso DX100 DAP (Digital Audio Player) yesterday. It is a beast.[/QUOTE]

Just looked those up... How much did you spend on that?

[quote name='blindinglights']Just looked those up... How much did you spend on that?[/QUOTE]

the DX100 was $797 shipped and very worth it :)

[quote name='Survivalism']Never, ever, ever buy condoms with the word "value" on them.[/QUOTE]

SMH, I'll keep that in mind next time.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']
IMG_20120405_230521.jpg

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I speak for anyone else on this thread but, I don't think anyone gives two craps about your condom pick up.

Won Scars for the nintendo 64 - complete and near mint - for the equivalent of $12 shipped. Good deal? I got this from an auction website that I know I can get my credits back if the deal was faulty. will post pics when (if?) I get it.

[quote name='NastyNin9']I don't know if I speak for anyone else on this thread but, I don't think anyone gives two craps about your condom pick up.[/QUOTE]

He posted it as a joke

Here's my most recent pickups.

2012-04-08_21-45-46_984.jpg

The two PSP games I got from Amazon during the B2G1, Tales for $40 from Amazon as well, and retail on Xenoblade.

2012-04-08_21-48-10_391.jpg

I finally got one off AWD for $187, literally brand new except for the seal on the box.

2012-04-08_21-48-24_297.jpg

$40 at Gamestop. I've been eyeing it for quite some time and although I hoped to find it for $30, but I really don't want to regret it down the road.

Everything below is stuff I got at PAX this weekend.

2012-04-08_21-47-11_954.jpg

A Farcry 3 pint glass, avatar thingy, an open bar party I went to on Friday night courtesy of the Witcher 2 (/drool), Kid Icarus cards, 4 months of XBL, some Kingdom Hearts stickers, Max Payne 3 stuff, and the AC3 steelbook and inflatable tomahawk. Quite sweet.

2012-04-08_22-10-23_921.jpg

An absolutely awesome crop of tshirts this year if I do say so myself.

2012-04-08_22-12-02_124.jpg

Diablo 3 and Bioshock Infinite quasi-lithos. Not particularly fond of the Diablo one, but I really like the latter.

2012-04-08_21-33-12_907.jpg

1/2 Xenoblade Chronicles poster of which I find awesome.

2012-04-08_21-32-55_976.jpg

2/2 of the Xenoblade posters. I don't like this one nearly as much, and to boot my friend crushed it a bit when we were coming home from the Witcher party /sigh.

2012-04-08_21-32-42_31.jpg

DMCC, sure.

2012-04-08_21-10-39_940.jpg

The thinnest paper in the world, ripped twice slightly just carrying it around and trying to roll it up.

Quite awesome if I do say so myself. My only regrets were not being able to go to Borderlands 2, Lollipop Chainsaw and League of Legends, as all the lines were 2-4 hours at all times /sigh /sigh.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']

Diablo 3 and Bioshock Infinite quasi-lithos. Not particularly fond of the Diablo one, but I really like the latter.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully Bioshock merges with Alice to make the offspring suggested.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Here's my most recent pickups.

2012-04-08_21-45-46_984.jpg

The two PSP games I got from Amazon during the B2G1, Tales for $40 from Amazon as well, and retail on Xenoblade.

2012-04-08_21-48-10_391.jpg

I finally got one off AWD for $187, literally brand new except for the seal on the box.

2012-04-08_21-48-24_297.jpg

$40 at Gamestop. I've been eyeing it for quite some time and although I hoped to find it for $30, but I really don't want to regret it down the road.

Everything below is stuff I got at PAX this weekend.

2012-04-08_21-47-11_954.jpg

A Farcry 3 pint glass, avatar thingy, an open bar party I went to on Friday night courtesy of the Witcher 2 (/drool), Kid Icarus cards, 4 months of XBL, some Kingdom Hearts stickers, Max Payne 3 stuff, and the AC3 steelbook and inflatable tomahawk. Quite sweet.

2012-04-08_22-10-23_921.jpg

An absolutely awesome crop of tshirts this year if I do say so myself.

Diablo 3 and Bioshock Infinite quasi-lithos. Not particularly fond of the Diablo one, but I really like the latter.

2012-04-08_21-33-12_907.jpg

1/2 Xenoblade Chronicles poster of which I find awesome.

2012-04-08_21-32-55_976.jpg

2/2 of the Xenoblade posters. I don't like this one nearly as much, and to boot my friend crushed it a bit when we were coming home from the Witcher party /sigh.

2012-04-08_21-32-42_31.jpg

DMCC, sure.

2012-04-08_21-10-39_940.jpg

The thinnest paper in the world, ripped twice slightly just carrying it around and trying to roll it up.

Quite awesome if I do say so myself. My only regrets were not being able to go to Borderlands 2, Lollipop Chainsaw and League of Legends, as all the lines were 2-4 hours at all times /sigh /sigh.[/QUOTE]

Holy.... HELL. What f'in amazing swag. I saw your AC promos and about damn near had a heart attack. I have to admit I'm extremely jealous.

[quote name='ryuk1214']Won Scars for the nintendo 64 - complete and near mint - for the equivalent of $12 shipped. Good deal? I got this from an auction website that I know I can get my credits back if the deal was faulty. will post pics when (if?) I get it.[/QUOTE]

Guess that depends on how much of a collector you are. Personally, I'm not interested in any N64 boxes or manuals. The game doesn't really sell for much, otherwise.

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']He posted it as a joke[/QUOTE]

Thank you....I was going to respond but then just shook my head and said its not worth it....

IMG_20120409_105436.jpg

Selling the Cynder in the middle. Already had him.

One of the Combo packs for me and one for EBay. Got for $30.

Some great pick ups guys! :applause:

About to make a really nice one. I found 3 Fallout 3 CE's and 2 CoD: World at War LCE for $30 each!

Already picked up an Assassin's Creed Brother CE for $10, why not more CE's!

Plus FFXIII, FFXIII-2, Vanquish, Katamari Forever, Valkyria Chronicles, MK Komplete Edition, LBP2, White Knight Chronicles 2. Probably even more that I just sold off since I didn't want.

I've really dropped the ball lately. Between Skyrim and my so-called "real" life, I've been too lazy to take and post pictures, so a few of these are from last month and I'm also missing a few things. But whatever, here you go...

201203pickups.jpg

Picked these up at TRU when they were on sale. Also picked up these guys:

201203pickups2.jpg

201203pickups3.jpg

A buddy gave me his copy of Penumbra because he never got around to playing it. The other two were just over a dollar each. I'm actually kinda looking forward to trying out the winemaking game.

201203pickups4.jpg

Japanese import on the far right. I've been wanting that sucker for years.

201204pickups.jpg

Clearly, I've been bitten by the Skylanders bug. Thanks to the three-packs, I now have extras of Cynder, Hex, and Whirlwind (with the Walmart exclusive sticker) that I need to sell or trade...preferably the latter.

201204pickups2.jpg

I can't stand the Cabela games, but this was only $20, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Glad I did because that gun is so badass once it's put together. I don't even care if I ever play the game; I just like playing with the gun with my kid.

201204pickups3.jpg

Wappy Dog is far less exciting. I thought I read somewhere that you could control the dog, but I was sorely mistaken. My son loves the thing, though, so it's not a total loss.

Got these at Goodwill just a couple of days ago:
201204pickups6.jpg

And now for my most exciting purchase. I actually got this last week, but I wanted to save it for last because it's not entirely gaming-related:
201204pickups4.jpg

201204pickups5.jpg

Samsung Focus Flash. The phone is smaller than I would like, but it was free (plus tax) and it's a Windows Phone, which I have been wanting ever since they added Xbox Live functionality. There aren't nearly as many game/app options as iPhone or Android, but I think the UI is far superior and I love the aforementioned XBL. There are a few things I don't like, such as the texting (it's done like a chat room) and the lack of buttons (it' my first smartphone), but I really like the phone overall. I just have to get used to not having a nice protected clamshell.

[quote name='skiizim']@ZombieToast, Where did you get the Cabelas game at? I've been eying it but refuse to pay more than $20[/QUOTE]
I picked that up at BigLots at the beginning of the month. It probably isn't on sale at the moment, but their games go on sale just about every other week. Just keep an eye out and you'll surely be able to get the game for $20 (if not cheaper) in the near future. If you become a rewards member (which is free) and sign up for the newsletter, you can get the weekly ads in advance. They get posted here on CAG sometimes, but as you can see HERE, they usually go unnoticed.

2012-04-13100220.jpg

Picked up 24 Dreamcast games with the system and 2 controllers at a garage sale for $40.

Crazy Taxi 1
Crazy Taxi 2
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Shuffle
Virtual Fighter 3te
Ready2Rumble Boxing
Resident Evil Code Veronica Disk 2
Marvel vs Capcom
StarLancer
Star Wars Demolition
Power Stone 1
Disney Magic Racing Tour
Soul Caliber
Rainbow 6
Skateboarding
Tony Hawk Pro Skater
Mortal Kombat Gold
Rippin' Riders Snowboarding
NFL 2k
NFL Blitz 2000
Tee Off
Fighting Force 2
Tomb Raider The Last Revelation
WE Royal Rumble

Also it was made in 99 so I might do some... "awesome" things to it, though I'm not sure if I'd be able to figure it out.

Yeah, pretty good deal for the games and dreamcast, but if that's a CD carrier I see in the bottom of the picture I'm already cringing! Still a good deal, but I hate those sleeve carriers with a passion

[quote name='Potatoeman']Yeah, pretty good deal for the games and dreamcast, but if that's a CD carrier I see in the bottom of the picture I'm already cringing! Still a good deal, but I hate those sleeve carriers with a passion[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's a CD carrier. It was really dirty too :mad: But the games work fine at least.

No game pick-ups for me this month as of yet, but I grabbed a few other things, including one big one.

7daf36aa.jpg

c728fdb8.jpg

3b8eec9c.jpg

28b91637.jpg

0a4d3dd3.jpg

08e7f6b4.jpg

The big one:

ea41d63a.jpg

-The Legend of Mickey Tussler, been wanting to read this one for a while.
-DBZ season one (used, complete)
-Club Nintendo Kid Icarus IR cards
-Dorfman Pacific Co. outdoor hat. I love these hats. They're really comfortable and they breath very well.
-Gander Mountain jerky shooter. I needed a new jerky gun, and this is a pretty good one.
-Cell phone belt clip. I'm supposed to use one of these when i'm at work, for some reason they don't want phones in pockets. This one isn't made for iphone but I needed one that was big enough that I wouldn't have to take my case off every day, and my phone in the case fits perfectly in this holder.

And finally, 2012 Chicago Cubs season tickets! My family and a family friend have split the cost of season Cubs tickets for most of my life, and it's always exciting when it's time to pick them up (even though the team probably won't be great this year). Baseball at Wrigley is always a blast.

[quote name='Drclaw411']lol, thankfully no[/QUOTE]

At first glance I thought that was a...uhhh..."male enhancement pump" :lol:

and the box for the season tickets looks awesome

aprilpickups2.jpg

:ps3: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition
:ps3: Uncharted Dual-Pack
:ps3: Folklore
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
:ps3: Vanquish
:ps3: The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection
:ps3: Nier

Goddamn, I didn't even know that jerky guns exist!

EDIT: Nevermind, I took another look and realized that it's just an extruder. I was so excited over the thought of a gun that shoots out pieces of jerky that I didn't bother to pay any attention to what I was actually looking at. Color me disappointed.

They are the best.
That with a dehydrator and you can make some awesome deer jerky.
My dad would shoot the deer and then id skin it gut it and all that good stuff.
I made some damn good jerky with that.

[quote name='adriley313']They are the best.
That with a dehydrator and you can make some awesome deer jerky.
My dad would shoot the deer and then id skin it gut it and all that good stuff.
I made some damn good jerky with that.[/QUOTE]

I agree big time! I got a dehydrator for Christmas. That + a jerkey gun...great snackin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back