The Official CAG April 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Tsel']What's with the old sports games?[/QUOTE]

I never saw Live 06 and Madden 06 in person before and I really liked the covers for some reason. Madden 07 and 08 were super cheap. College Hoops 2K6 is pretty dang fun (I wanna get 2K8 but I'll wait til I find a cheaper copy than the 30 buck ones online.) Plus, when my friend saw them he said they're all fairly easy to get 1000 gamerscore on so that's always a plus. :D

My pickups from ComicFest this weekend.

d3E9g.jpg

0CX0Z.jpg

I'm going to have to post some pictures later. I picked up a new Vita yesterday, which I'm pretty excited about. Not so much for the handheld or its available games but mainly because I didn't pay a cent for it.

[quote name='wasabi5858']A Seiko watch. While not expensive[/QUOTE]
Not expensive? Aren't those things around $500? Or did you manage to get one that's not batshit-crazy expensive? If you paid that much and you seriously think it's not expensive, then I would like to inform you that my birthday is coming up and I have always been a loyal friend to you. Of course, even if you didn't spend an assload of money on it, you are still welcome to shower me with gifts.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZombieToast']I'm going to have to post some pictures later. I picked up a new Vita yesterday, which I'm pretty excited about. Not so much for the handheld or its available games but mainly because I didn't pay a cent for it.

Not expensive? Aren't those things around $500? Or did you manage to get one that's not batshit-crazy expensive? If you paid that much and you seriously think it's not expensive, then I would like to inform you that my birthday is coming up and I have always been a loyal friend to you. Of course, even if you didn't spend an assload of money on it, you are still welcome to shower me with gifts.[/QUOTE]

I spent just a little over $500 for that watch which really isn't that much considering some of the watches are my and many's watch list can cost upward of $20-30k... I am still saving towards that goal.

Watches are man jewlery.

but hey, I got this Casio earlier this month, fond memories and I wear it with pride :) $15 from amazon!

casio_watch.jpg

[quote name='wasabi5858']I spent just a little over $500 for that watch which really isn't that much considering some of the watches are my and many's watch list can cost upward of $20-30k... I am still saving towards that goal.[/QUOTE]
Just a matter of perspective, I guess. There could be a place that sells watches for $15,000,000 and I don't think it would make a $500 watch any less expensive. Hell, I think a $50 watch is expensive, but I couldn't imagine spending more than $5 for one. Heh. Well, I do have a watch that was $25 (one of these), but my mom bought it for me 20 years ago, so it doesn't quite count.

I am loving my most recent pick ups.

2012-04-23_11-29-26_222.jpg

The lowball items I've got so far. I totally missed when bidding on them that some were sealed.

2012-04-23_11-25-21_880.jpg

Thanks for coming back in stock Amazon.

2012-04-23_11-41-51_750.jpg

I found Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Duke Nukem the other day in Gamestop. PSP2 was a no brainer, and I figured I wouldn't find Duke Nukem's CE much cheaper than $20.

2012-04-23_11-30-28_531.jpg

Om nom nom reproduction cartridges.

2012-04-23_11-26-14_809.jpg

I found these at Target the other day, and it's exactly the type of shelves I've been looking for. I'm probably going to go back and buy at least two more, I'm just slightly turned off by having yet another big wall of video games.

DSC04891.jpg

Picked these up Saturday at GameStop. Paid like $213...I think. Well if you take off the Mortal Kombat that I traded back I only paid $185. And that's paid in credit. Didn't spend anything out of pocket for it. While there i also renewed my Power Up Card, so I should be getting a b2g1 coupon soon, so I'll be using that to pick up some more games for it.

Not a whole lot to show off because I'm really trying to cut back on purchases right now, but here we go...

201204pickups7.jpg

Just some Skylanders and my awesome Skyrim shirt. Unfortunately, Shirtpunch uses different shirts now and they don't have any kind of stretch/give to them, so I need to lose a few more pounds before it feels comfortable.

201204pickups8.jpg

Free stuff from the final month of House Party.

201204pickups9.jpg

I don't plan on ever watching anything on my PSP, but Aeon Flux was one of my favorite shows as a kid and it was cheap. These were also free, paid for with GameStop credit. I know some people might argue that it's technically not free if you use credit, but considering that I got the credit by trading in free games, I say it still counts. All that matters is that not a single penny came out of my pocket. And I've still got a fair amount of credit, which I will probably use to go towards a Wii U. I need some Vita games, but there isn't anything really good out on shelves yet, so I'm going to download some games once I get my $100 in PSN cards from Langers.

And now something you always hoped wouldn't be shared:
201204pickups10.jpg

These aren't quite as interesting, but I'm excited about them anyway. The shirt is what I got for showing my support for The Backloggery (one of my favorite sites right now) through their Kickstarter. I included the protein shake because we bought a 12-pack of these tasty things for $10. They usually cost $3.50-$4.50 per bottle (which would make these at least $42), so it's a damn steal. Literally. My wife works with a guy who knows someone that works at Bolthouse (a local farm where these drinks are made) and he sells these out of the back of his truck.

Oh, and yes, those are Care Bears flashcards in the background of my pictures. I'm teaching my little boy shapes and colors (I'm hoping he'll have it down before his second birthday) and Care Bears are awesome, so there you have it.

AC:R from Target, everything else but the SNES games are from a gamestop I stopped at. The 2 SNES games are from a goodwill for 3.99 each

aIqTt.jpg

Halo CE and Gunstringer both from the GameFly used sale. Both games came in pristine condition with unused DLC codes. Duke Nukem new from Amazon after the price drop.

444fa2e5.jpg

IMG_20120423_194241.jpg

IMG_20120423_194946.jpg

Untitled-4.png

Untitled-5.png

All from CAG and the flea market. The RE case and Ruby manual were .50 each, and the controller was $1. It's a programmable/rapid fire Genesis controller.

[quote name='Potatoeman']AC:R from Target, everything else but the SNES games are from a gamestop I stopped at. The 2 SNES games are from a goodwill for 3.99 each

aIqTt.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of quality games! Nice finds, don't ever let go of 2K8, that is easily the most fun basketball game I have ever played. The post moves are so fun to use! The cover was also the last positive thing to happen to Greg Oden's career lol :lol:

[quote name='Squarehard']
photo1elv.jpg

[/QUOTE]
I've got Here Is Greenwood...I think that's the first anime I've seen in your collection that I actually own (although I'm sure there must be others that we share). I really wish that would've panned out as a series.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I've got Here Is Greenwood...I think that's the first anime I've seen in your collection that I actually own (although I'm sure there must be others that we share). I really wish that would've panned out as a series.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's just one of those series they put together quickly because of the manga, but then they didn't really get enough funding to go any further. Great show still.

[quote name='DjHero_X']Picked of Trails of the Sky at my PX for 9.98. :) I'm Happy!![/QUOTE]

Got lucky and found ME3 sealed 25% off and a bunch of trade ins for best buy. The best thing is my wife won a 100 gift card at a frg raffle and it was completely 0 money out of pocket :)!

IMG_20120425_131420.jpg

IMG_20120425_131458.jpg

IMG_20120425_131710.jpg

CAG Lowball, Newegg, and those disk-only PS1 games $5 each from a very strange ebay listing.
IMG_20120425_131813.jpg

My oldest brother was packing up some of his stuff and found these. Was more then happy to take them off his hands.

Well this is probably my favorite gaming item I have ever purchased :D

Indianapolis Colts themed Xbox 360! Got it with the controller( which has blue/white LED lights ) for $40. Sadly it has the RROD but I will try to fix it. If I can't it'll be used as a display in my room. I could sell the controller for $30 easily so not being able to fix would not be a big deal.

2012-04-26184226.jpg

2012-04-26184239.jpg

[quote name='Potatoeman']I see the blue LEDs didn't help the system solve the overheating issue like they say online. Sucks:cold:[/QUOTE]

wait they're supposed to help it?! how?!

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']wait they're supposed to help it?! how?![/QUOTE]

Everyone knows blue LEDs make it cooler, red LEDs make it faster, and green LEDs make it quieter and more efficient. This information has been available since the dawn of the LED, I thought everyone knew it#-o

picture.php

I know I know probably should have dusted. I have been lazy about that on my desk lol. Bought this LED monitor for $130 ($50 in GCs, so $80 out of pocket) from amazon. It apparently was normally like $270 or something like that. It has integrated speakers so for gaming at my desk on my :360: that is very nice. :D

picture.php

Found a Naruto at a local store for a very good price. Probably will end up trading that. Most of the Blu's are from the BB upgrade and save. Snagged PSP & College Hoops at my gamestop.

picture.php

Most from GS. The BFBC2 UE had unused codes (bought it for $8 at gamestop). Crysis 2 is from Target clearance. Found a cheap copy of NCAA Bball 10 locally. $10 for it :D

picture.php

No money out of pocket for these. Flipped some stuff to GS with that 50% bonus trade in promo.

picture.php

Also from gamestop via trade in promo. :)

Released on Blu-ray in the states in 2007, American version impossible to find now but the Japan version which this is is still available and has English subs.

[quote name='coolsteel']Released on Blu-ray in the states in 2007, American version impossible to find now but the Japan version which this is is still available and has English subs.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap no kidding. $100 used on amazon, yikes:whistle2:#

This wasn't much better 75 off ebay which is better then the import price of 100 + shipping for a new copy straight from Japan. Still if I can ever get the American version I would like to the packaging was nicer.

[quote name='ZombieToast']

201204pickups9.jpg

I don't plan on ever watching anything on my PSP, but Aeon Flux was one of my favorite shows as a kid and it was cheap.

[/QUOTE]

OH SHIT! I didn't even know this existed on UMD.

I looked online and was able to order a used copy somewhere for $6 including shipping. I don't usually watch movies on my PSP...but I really love Aeon Flux (the original animated version, not the crappy live action version).

Thanks for posting pics of this Zombie Toast, otherwise I never knew this item would have existed! (BTW, have you ever read the Aeon Flux graphic novel, The Herodotus File? Awesome stuff).

1e2b83c0.jpg

Got these for $7 at a yard sale
ea994a63.jpg

Took advantage of the Gamestop offer and traded in my 80GB Fat for the new PS3 and picked up the CE at a closing Best Buy for $40 after $10 coupon
966ac4eb.jpg

random pickups from Newegg and Amazon
ebaec1fb.jpg

Mostly Newegg games that seemed cheap $20 or less, found Final Fantasy at sears clearance for $15 and the 13-2 at Best Buy with coupon
c4aa6361.jpg

f5f0ff4a.jpg

Best Buy upgrades

My wife was away for parts of the month and I went a little crazy

[quote name='coolsteel']Released on Blu-ray in the states in 2007, American version impossible to find now but the Japan version which this is is still available and has English subs.[/QUOTE]

The Japanese version didn't include the storyboard book or was that extra only for the USA release?

[quote name='junkie88']
Got these for $7 at a yard sale
[/QUOTE]

Damn almost makes me want to check a yard sale here and there when I see them! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back