The Official CAG August 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Probably overhype and localization and political correctness.. AND the English Dub for most. I mean, Pokemon was so much better in the 90s and early 2000s. But after 4Kids lost the license, it went down the shit hole in terms of quality. Nothing could beat Veronica Taylor's rendition of Ash.

I'm quite surprised to hear that the Gundam and Dragonball franchise is disliked. Although, GT is very understandable.

[quote name='Olengie']Probably overhype and localization and political correctness.. AND the English Dub for most. I mean, Pokemon was so much better in the 90s and early 2000s. But after 4Kids lost the license, it went down the shit hole in terms of quality. Nothing could beat Veronica Taylor's rendition of Ash.

I'm quite surprised to hear that the Gundam and Dragonball franchise is disliked. Although, GT is very understandable.[/QUOTE]

You're definitely right on Pokemon. As for Gundam and Dragonball...maybe it's just the people I know. But they call it "not real anime".

That's really a load of crap. Dragon Ball is the quintessential Shonen anime. Gundam, likewise, is really the quintessential mecha anime.

[quote name='Drclaw411']You're definitely right on Pokemon. As for Gundam and Dragonball...maybe it's just the people I know. But they call it "not real anime".[/QUOTE]

I have absolutely no issues with DB (GT excluded) or Gundam (although there are a few series that are okay), but I think because I grew up watching both of those series, so it has sentimenal value from my childhood.

It's usually the people that didn't really have an association with DB or Gundam at a younger age that can't really seem to get into them, but who knows. And if you're friends also hate Gundam I'm pretty sure that means they Macross fans then, lol. Gundam is just such a broad term since some of the series vary so much it can't even really be lumped in together, so it depends on which Gundam they're talking about, or if it's an overall, but if it's an overall that probably means they haven't really watched much of it.

But yeah, your friends could be Macross fans which would explain the hatred for Gundam.

[quote name='Zaku77']That's really a load of crap. Dragon Ball is the quintessential Shonen anime. Gundam, likewise, is really the quintessential mecha anime.[/QUOTE]

This...although Dragon Ball is MUCH better in manga form.

And from what I've seen the quality of Gundam varies wildly between series (G-Gundam FTW.)

Samba new for $2, and 2 Woderswan rechargable batteries for which I do not have an actual charger. It would appear that actually acquiring said charger isn't as easy or cheap as I expected. The hunt is on...

8747D3D8-0E48-4A82-A03B-D98979DA951C-2155-000001850F5EC674.jpg

I'm more of SEED Fan but I still enjoy the rest of the Series.

And Squarehard is probably right. I grew up with Gundam, so it has value to me. The younger fans probably won't like it since its old but Classics are still the best. I mean, Gundam was what defined Mecha for a while now with Robotech/Macross being a match to it. You need to watch most of them to clearly enjoy what you have here. :lol: All my family and friends love Dragon Ball and they love to make fun of it too. "They have Fillers. Buts it good Fillers! Not like Naruto and stuff. Blah blah." And they love making fun of the power up scenes. Haha.

These are pretty much my findings from all summer do take a look!!1

GameStop
69d2a9d6.jpg

This I bought from GS for $20. I figure it was an incredible deal. It was seald and has everything. It is sweet.
Thrift Stores, Goodwill, and Buybacks
4fd13ec4.jpg

These are from Half-Price Books, 2 thrift stores, a Buybacks and a goodwill.
Mist 3 $4
Mist 5 $5
Max Payne 2 $5
(Half Price)
Max Payne
Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty
Hitman: Contracts
$3.75 each (I think) They were 20% off
(One Ohio Thrift Store)
Guild Wars
Diablo Battle chest
$4 Each
(Another Ohio Thrift Store)
Painkiller
Winning Eleven 7
Ah-G4D Longbow
25 cents each
(Goodwill)
Gears of War: Destroyed Beauty 25 Cents

Craigslist
83180ba0.jpg

Star Wars Battlefront 2:whee::whee::whee::whee:
Yager
Heroes od The Pacific
NBA Live 07
NHL 07
Tomb Raider: Legend (Blockbuster case)
Ninja Gaidan
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Tony Hawk's Underground
007 Everything or Nothing
Plus Prince of Persia The Sands of Time and NCAA 08 Discless:cry:
FREE!!!!!!!!!!!1
This guy put an ad of CL for free Xbox games. I emailed him, thinking it could be fake, because of Battle front 2, and got his number to text him. The next day I go to pick up the games and he just hands them to me! He said his xbox broke, but man did I get lucky.
Flea Market
19c39083.jpg

SAW
Impulse
Fallout
2nd Chance
$4

I saw this stand as soon as we got to the flea market and decided to buy them. I wanted to watch SAW and the books looked nice. I wanted 2nd chance for the paperback version.
Same Flea Market
6a057f7b.jpg

At the Flea Market I saw this guy that had some PS2 game so I bought the 4 best.
Street Fighter EX3
Sly 2 Band of Thieves
Driver 3
and Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
for $6 (Instead of $8)
. I saw something in the back (which you will see in the next picture, I just forgot to put these in it)

Then across from him I bout these games for $15
Dead Rising 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Red Dead Revolver
And Everquest: Planes of Power

Later I found
Sonic Mega Collection+ for $2 and the nice matching pocket watch and pocket knife set (Go #8!) for $12. (I tried to get down to ten, but I think he saw the five sticking out of my wallet.

At an Ohio Thrift Store I found the Totally Unreal CD for $4 and right behind it was an Ollie’s where I picked up the I Am Legend Ultimate Collectors DVD set.

Still the same Flea Market
ba69865c.jpg
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Collectors Edition $3!!!!!1
All. Of. The. Magic. Cards. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. $17!!!11!11!!!!1111:whee::whee::whee::whee:
This is possibly my best find Ever. I have wanted Rainbow Six for at least a year because I had the instruction book. But the cards, man, the CARDS!!! This was from the guy that sold me the PS2 games had these in his car and brought them out in earnest for me and said that a box, basically all of them were one, were $3! I bought this many and I might even buy more later.

Oh and also after I went to the Flea Market my Mom found a nice looking Entertainment Stand (our old one was falling apart) for $40. When my dad and I went to go buy it we found out the had a 32'' Flat Screen for $80 (It looks to be from '06). We went to the bank, got the money, and bought it too.:D

So How do you huys think I did? I had a great time and really expanded my collection so I am happy, but I do want to know your opinions. I also want to appoligize for the quality of the pics, but I only have my webcam for pics. If their is anything elso you want to know please ask!

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']These are pretty much my findings from all summer do take a look!!1

GameStop
69d2a9d6.jpg

This I bought from GS for $20. I figure it was an incredible deal. It was seald and has everything. It is sweet.
Thrift Stores, Goodwill, and Buybacks
4fd13ec4.jpg

These are from Half-Price Books, 2 thrift stores, a Buybacks and a goodwill.
Mist 3 $4
Mist 5 $5
Max Payne 2 $5
(Half Price)
Max Payne
Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty
Hitman: Contracts
$3.75 each (I think) They were 20% off
(One Ohio Thrift Store)
Guild Wars
Diablo Battle chest
$4 Each
(Another Ohio Thrift Store)
Painkiller
Winning Eleven 7
Ah-G4D Longbow
25 cents each
(Goodwill)
Gears of War: Destroyed Beauty 25 Cents

Craigslist
83180ba0.jpg

Star Wars Battlefront 2:whee::whee::whee::whee:
Yager
Heroes od The Pacific
NBA Live 07
NHL 07
Tomb Raider: Legend (Blockbuster case)
Ninja Gaidan
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Tony Hawk's Underground
007 Everything or Nothing
Plus Prince of Persia The Sands of Time and NCAA 08 Discless:cry:
FREE!!!!!!!!!!!1
This guy put an ad of CL for free Xbox games. I emailed him, thinking it could be fake, because of Battle front 2, and got his number to text him. The next day I go to pick up the games and he just hands them to me! He said his xbox broke, but man did I get lucky.
Flea Market
19c39083.jpg

SAW
Impulse
Fallout
2nd Chance
$4

I saw this stand as soon as we got to the flea market and decided to buy them. I wanted to watch SAW and the books looked nice. I wanted 2nd chance for the paperback version.
Same Flea Market
6a057f7b.jpg

At the Flea Market I saw this guy that had some PS2 game so I bought the 4 best.
Street Fighter EX3
Sly 2 Band of Thieves
Driver 3
and Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
for $6 (Instead of $8)
. I saw something in the back (which you will see in the next picture, I just forgot to put these in it)

Then across from him I bout these games for $15
Dead Rising 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Red Dead Revolver
And Everquest: Planes of Power

Later I found
Sonic Mega Collection+ for $2 and the nice matching pocket watch and pocket knife set (Go #8!) for $12. (I tried to get down to ten, but I think he saw the five sticking out of my wallet.

At an Ohio Thrift Store I found the Totally Unreal CD for $4 and right behind it was an Ollie’s where I picked up the I Am Legend Ultimate Collectors DVD set.

Still the same Flea Market
ba69865c.jpg
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Collectors Edition $3!!!!!1
All. Of. The. Magic. Cards. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. $17!!!11!11!!!!1111:whee::whee::whee::whee:
This is possibly my best find Ever. I have wanted Rainbow Six for at least a year because I had the instruction book. But the cards, man, the CARDS!!! This was from the guy that sold me the PS2 games had these in his car and brought them out in earnest for me and said that a box, basically all of them were one, were $3! I bought this many and I might even buy more later.

Oh and also after I went to the Flea Market my Mom found a nice looking Entertainment Stand (our old one was falling apart) for $40. When my dad and I went to go buy it we found out the had a 32'' Flat Screen for $80 (It looks to be from '06). We went to the bank, got the money, and bought it too.:D

So How do you huys think I did? I had a great time and really expanded my collection so I am happy, but I do want to know your opinions. I also want to appoligize for the quality of the pics, but I only have my webcam for pics. If their is anything elso you want to know please ask![/QUOTE]

Now if you find the expensive rare cards, you sir, deserve an :applause:

And great finds! Always fun and great to see what everyone else gets.

picture.php

I got it mainly because I was curious about the Kinect stuff... So far it doesn't seem to work. o_O

picture.php

Master Etna approves of my lowball winnings.

Are these things hard to come by or something? I just picked all this up for 15 bucks today, and I can't seem to find any on eBay and I only see one listed on Amazon. Am I missing something?

DSC02804.jpg

[quote name='KillerRamen']
picture.php

I got it mainly because I was curious about the Kinect stuff... So far it doesn't seem to work. o_O

picture.php

Master Etna approves of my lowball winnings.[/QUOTE]

Cool looking cat!!!

[quote name='elessar123']For a moment there, I was wondering why my cat was in your picture.

Got this off ebay.
7a79c84a.jpg
[/QUOTE]

District 11 represent!

Hmm, I didn't know the Journey Collector's Edition released. I'll be on the lookout for a price drop on that since I haven't played the game and I'd rather have it on disc.

[quote name='SlaughterX']
7901524138_d35a4a3239_b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

How is Ambition? I stopped listening to Wale after he started doing so many songs with Rick Ross and all of them. I absolutely loved Attention Deficit though!

[quote name='PocketIguodala']How is Ambition? I stopped listening to Wale after he started doing so many songs with Rick Ross and all of them. I absolutely loved Attention Deficit though![/QUOTE]

Far better than his first album IMO, but I like Rick Ross and MMG.

bread's done
Back