The Official CAG August 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

[quote name='lmz00']Some neat freaks don't like wires all over the place.[/QUOTE]

Considering that the Wii needs the AV out and the AC adapter connected already, I can't imagine that a tiny little cable for the sensor bar would really muck up the works. It's about the smallest cable that I've ever seen come out the back of a console and it's the only one you can eliminate LOL!

[quote name='AugustAPC']Ah, I saw that it was a wireless sensor, I was just curious why it allowed you to play "without leaning forward" and I why you had to do so in the first place.[/QUOTE]

The couch is seemingly too far from the TV for the sensor bar and the Wiimote to interact. The OEM sensor bar doesn't have the range that I need.

7832598844_13f8ab1368_b.jpg

7832599830_792e4ebd78_b.jpg

[quote name='ShadowSx']The cord is so thin it can get cut or ripped really easy.

Mine did, and so I use candles now.[/QUOTE]

LULZ!

[quote name='SlaughterX']
7832598844_13f8ab1368_b.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Played Origins yet? If so, how is it?

Started collecting GBA micros. Really wanted this guy and I got it!

BE830A3C-D3CD-40FB-84C4-9B905511F29C-2465-000001E53BB1A67F.jpg

Australia only, all red. A buddy over on the cover project that lives down under grabbed it for me. I'm pretty amped! Might have to grab some PAL-only SNES titles while I'm at it.

Why are those sensor bars so big? If a couple candles can do the job, I just dont understand the size of that thing. Even the wireless sensor bar I have isnt much bigger than the original sensor bar, and it charges over usb so no batteries.

[quote name='juangrande386']Why are those sensor bars so big? If a couple candles can do the job, I just dont understand the size of that thing. Even the wireless sensor bar I have isnt much bigger than the original sensor bar, and it charges over usb so no batteries.[/QUOTE]

LEDs need to be further apart to extend the range.

$2.47 Each at Sears. 2 Move Chargers, 2 Usb Cables, Component Cable. They had the keyboard and PS Eye but those were $15. Probably should have asked to check the price, but I'm happy with this pickup.

208hftw.jpg

^^^ lol ^^^

Here is my latest pick ups.

bottom left 3 from a yard sale. Albert Odyssey was from a trade. the Last story & P4 Arena both have soundtracks.

Also found this at a yard sale for $1

My big reveal this post is something I have had for over a year but needed to keep a secret since it is a gift for my girlfriend. We are getting a place at the end of this month so the secret is out and I can post it finally.

BAM!

I have been slowly been building the collection since. Games are:
Super Spy, King of Fighters 95 & 96, World Heroes 2 Jet, Baseball Stars, Samurai Showdown 2 & 3 all came with the cab. Wind Jammers, Bust-a-Move, and Magical Drop 2 from a local guy

Then about a couple of weeks ago I got this lot from the same guy I bought some of my other Neo Geo MVS games from. $120 for everything.

First off, The Last Story
BEEC4621-C1E3-4DFE-BE9B-96624EF6ADB6-1298-000000BDA55C0964.jpg

Stopped in a used book store and I found this. Yep...the novelization of Pokemon Gold and Silver.
C046718D-9521-42EA-9A67-AE919A00B445-1298-000000BDB193DF3C.jpg

At the comic shop, I picked up the Kick Ass graphic novel for $9.99 and also grabbed issue 1 of Hit Girl. They only had the blank cover alternate but whatever. I'll be back next week for issue 2.
B027C565-BEEB-4F20-AC06-946219E6433F-1298-000000BDB506D93D.jpg

Twisted Metal from the GameFly August sale. No chips.
B9050A7D-C364-490B-825C-DEA05595A837-1298-000000BDAD73D861.jpg

At Disc Replay, I figured I may as well pay $8 for the entire DSi library (lol).
757E98E3-026F-4D85-A38A-87EC03AAB8BE-1298-000000BDA95011A1.jpg

While I was there, I also found this Obama figure. I've got similar Clinton and W Bush figures, so Obama can hang out with my other presidents. Priced at 8 but I got them to go to $5.
1D451509-E3F9-4BCD-B204-B4A61B538754-1298-000000BDBC0F981E.jpg

Last but not least, NSMB2 from Newegg $10 of preorders sale.
B7DA0739-6FE5-41C3-B72A-0FFF980C848A-1298-000000BDB8FE31DE.jpg

Too lazy to post pics. :lol:

Went to the Goodwill on a spur of the moment. Glad I did.
All the toys (COB, Pink Tag only) was 50% off, which sweetened the deal on the things I got.
Found myself Skylanders Lightning Rod $.99 (.50cents)
Skylanders Terrafin Pack $9.99 (5.00)
The Game of Life Complete :] 7.99 (4.00)
Monopoly Star Wars Clone Wars Edition $9.99 (5.00)
K'nex Mario vs the Chomp Set 12.99 (6.50)
K'nex Mario vs the Womp Set 12.99 (6.50)

I checked everything and all of them were complete. Much to my satisfaction
Payed about 27.00 :]

Not a ton of stuff lately, but here's a few pics.

picture.php

Digimon World 3 - $3:
I HATED Digimon back in the day (still do, really). However, I do know not to leave a PS1 Digimon World game behind at that price. It sells anywhere from $20(usually disc-only) to $50 on eBay.

picture.php

Bandai Creations Godzilla Figures - $8 & $13:
Mechagodzilla 1974 was from last month, but Classic Gigan and Millennium Godzilla are new pick-ups. Mil. Godzilla is from the original colors portion of the latest wave of Bandai Creations Fusion figures. Gigan is from the previous wave.

Not Pictured: Soul Calibur II strategy guide
complete with bad ass poster that I got at a second-hand store for a quarter.

Most definitely, along side Gamera. Always loved the cheesy movies and I'm excited the for the new movie coming out. xD

I wish I could find them in the wild. It would be so worth it. :lol: I remember I had a Mechagodzilla when I was younger, but it mysteriously disappeared. :(

[quote name='Olengie']Most definitely, along side Gamera. Always loved the cheesy movies and I'm excited the for the new movie coming out. xD

I wish I could find them in the wild. It would be so worth it. :lol: I remember I had a Mechagodzilla when I was younger, but it mysteriously disappeared. :([/QUOTE]I've got some good news for you! The new Godzilla figures are stocked at most Toys R' Us stores. They usually have them around the collectible and video game figures.:D

[quote name='wiggyx']Yes, with extended range, which is why I needed it.

I'd rather just plug the dumb thing into the Wii instead of shoving 4 AA batteries inside, but that's not an option. I don't know why a wireless sensor bar is even a desirable thing. I mean, how far are people keeping their Wiis from their TVs? The original sensor bar cable is like a mile long, so I can't imagine a use for wireless for almost anyone.[/QUOTE]

I keep one because I have a rabbit in the house and the less cords the better. Also it's easy to move between the real wii and the LC for emulation.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I challenge somebody to go game for anime with Squarehard. For every anime he buys, you buy a game.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I spend more on anime in a month than most people do on rent.

They'll be broke in no time. ~_~

I don't make enough yet to actually challenge Squarehard, especially since I'm a Student atm. Maybe in the future. :lol: His collection makes mine look like a puppy while his is a Raging Lion.

[quote name='Olengie']I don't make enough yet to actually challenge Squarehard, especially since I'm a Student atm. Maybe in the future. :lol: His collection makes mine look like a puppy while his is a Raging Lion.[/QUOTE]

Once you become a rich and famous the skies the limit! :bouncy:

Or a guy that makes over 100,000. That is my dream. A man cave that is a shrine to videogames and anime. A place where my family and friends could chill out. Haha.

I better not fly to close to the sun!

$15 at Newegg with free shipping. This is getting priority in my backlog, next game i'll play after I finish NSMB2.
A4B8F021-D778-4BCB-AA46-39861C4B7478-1735-0000010415E55531.jpg

Another Newegg buy. $20 shipped.
AA28B83B-A885-4B4E-919C-8584BA1FACE0-1735-000001041CE78A06.jpg

Finally, picked these both up for $3 today. I'm a Bulls fan but never played this game. The math game I got because I played an older version of it as a kid, haha.
35F69CEB-84F4-4111-B985-58587D3EC0E9-1735-0000010421D10382.jpg

[quote name='jman2avatar']^ Is that Yobo system any good?[/QUOTE]

I just got it yesterday, so I haven't had time to test it out. I picked it up from Stone Age Gamer during a 40% Off Flash Sale (it was on sale for only one hour). I'm going to be putting it through its paces when I go visit my sister in California in about a month, so we'll just have to wait and see how it does.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Do you even watch all this anime?[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly, I actually watch quite a bit.

Outside of classes I usually watch about 4-5 hours of anime a day during the weekdays, and on weekends I've been watching about 20-30 hours, so I've been knocking out my anime collection pretty quickly. But of course there's just so many I still have a ways to go, but I do indeed watch quite a bit of everything I've bought, and then also the ones that aren't available on DVD I watch online etc,.

[quote name='Squarehard']Surprisingly, I actually watch quite a bit.

Outside of classes I usually watch about 4-5 hours of anime a day during the weekdays, and on weekends I've been watching about 20-30 hours, so I've been knocking out my anime collection pretty quickly. But of course there's just so many I still have a ways to go, but I do indeed watch quite a bit of everything I've bought, and then also the ones that aren't available on DVD I watch online etc,.[/QUOTE]

That is the life of an anime fan. :lol:

Squarehard, what's your opinion of the more popular anime in America (Pokemon, Dragonball franchise, Gundam franchise, Digimon, etc). I know a lot of anime fans tend to hate it. Whether you do hate it or not, I am curious as to why anime fans tend to.

bread's done
Back