The Official CAG August 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

[quote name='wiggyx']Did the other places refund you? You would think they'd simply send one back out to ya in a beefier container if that's the case :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, they ended up just being returned and then getting a refund. But yeah, you would think they'd use more packing for something like this, but I guess unless the person packing it takes it out of the slipcover and then looks at the fragile plastic parts on the inside, they probably won't do anything extra to the padding, which is unfortunate. But at least I got one to arrive not broken, finally.

Also pick ups!

photobjs.jpg

^^^ I'm with you. I'm an old fart when it comes to anime. I never hopped on the series/TV show bandwagon. I only do movies and things of that nature. That's really all we had in the early 90's. I think Akira and Robotech were the only choices in 1992 LOL!

Grabbed this shiznit. Batman for 10 bucks at Target and then 5 SPs (3x001, 2x101) and a PS2 slim. Untested, and I know two have cracked screens, but I've been making lots of front lit Neo Geo Pockets for folks lately, and I can't have too many front lights ;)

13a91811.jpg

[quote name='wiggyx']^^^ I'm with you. I'm an old fart when it comes to anime. I never hopped on the series/TV show bandwagon. I only do movies and things of that nature. That's really all we had in the early 90's. I think Akira and Robotech were the only choices in 1992 LOL!

Grabbed this shiznit. Batman for 10 bucks at Target and then 5 SPs (3x001, 2x101) and a PS2 slim. Untested, and I know two have cracked screens, but I've been making lots of front lit Neo Geo Pockets for folks lately, and I can't have too many front lights ;)

13a91811.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice!

Final July pick-up, from the GameFly sale:

0d7c6ff3.jpg

And the first August pick-up, from ebay. I needed two replacement zords for my megazord set, and I found a complete used set for a decent price.

f9a7ba5e.jpg

[quote name='Royal High Knight']yo thats sick. Do you have the one that came after that? Once they transformed into dragons and what not?[/QUOTE]

The Thunder Megazord? Yeah I have that. Hell, I already had this one but two of the zords got lost in the move and I needed replacements. I got it for a decent price though, relatively anyway.

[quote name='Drclaw411']The Thunder Megazord? Yeah I have that. Hell, I already had this one but two of the zords got lost in the move and I needed replacements. I got it for a decent price though, relatively anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yup, thats the one. Wow, lucky you. Power Rangers may be my all time favorite kid show. I remember almost every season, expect Turbo. Tried watching it recently through netflix and I just couldn't. I really liked the theme song though.

Got this new for $300 :D Is it bad I didn't get a warranty? I know MS has a one year warranty but the slims are supposed to work better right?

1zz15cw.jpg

[quote name='Shaq-Funaki']Nice![/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Turns out that I can't Frankenstein a good system from the lot, but all of the front lights work as do the two 101 screens. So, I'll be front lighting more NGPs for folks, and hopefully getting some backlit screens into the non-SP GBA as well :)

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Got this new for $300 :D Is it bad I didn't get a warranty? I know MS has a one year warranty but the slims are supposed to work better right?

[/QUOTE]

Ouch! That is pricey. What all is included?

I thought MS was still doing 2-year warranty? OR was that only on the 360 phat?

[quote name='wiggyx']Thanks!

Turns out that I can't Frankenstein a good system from the lot, but all of the front lights work as do the two 101 screens. So, I'll be front lighting more NGPs for folks, and hopefully getting some backlit screens into the non-SP GBA as well :)

I thought MS was still doing 2-year warranty? OR was that only on the 360 phat?[/QUOTE]

Its a 320gb Xbox, a kinect, a C3PO controller, and a star wars kinect game. And everything has cool star wars paint and sounds. If I didn't already have a slim, I'd be all over that.

[quote name='wiggyx']Thanks!

I thought MS was still doing 2-year warranty? OR was that only on the 360 phat?[/QUOTE]

It's a bit expensive but an amazing deal. MS only has one year warranties on the slims now.

20120806_202440.jpg

After much deliberation, I decided what the hell and jumped on Kingdom Hearts for retail. Secret of Mana CIB for ~$60 from AWD, and Castlevania CIB also from AWD for ~$24. Metroid Prime Trilogy from another forum for $50, and I decided to get in on the vanilla Kindle deal for $47.80 for beach outings.

20120806_202635.jpg

My little yard sale pickups from Saturday. $1 for the unopened PS1 controller, $3 for Mario Kart(missing manual), $0.50 for the Counting Crows CD and $0.25 for the DS case.

20120806_203153.jpg

Yay Kickstarter!

BOy2Y.jpg

yVmS4.jpg

AxNli.jpg

Z9v4Y.jpg

ZmERl.jpg

x1ruu.jpg

YrpQq.jpg

y1ecz.jpg

oURi4.jpg

eXd7O.jpg

ia6s0.jpg

FzBAl.jpg

2A4Zd.jpg

Sorry for the pic spam. The wife and I drove from Birmingham, AL to Baltimore, MD last week for her cousin's wedding and stopped at pretty much every thrift store, Goodwill, and game store not named GameStop between here and there. Most of the above pickups came from those stops, though a good bit of the PS1 RPGs came from a trade with CAG user lutz.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Squarehard']I'm so sad...no anime today... T___T

I guess I will have to settle for my consolation package that arrived today,

photo1faf.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Nice! Especially the Atelier games. I still need to find a copy of the Totori premium set. :(

[quote name='Squarehard']I'm so sad...no anime today... T___T

I guess I will have to settle for my consolation package that arrived today,

photo1faf.jpg

photo3ku.jpg

photo2btq.jpg
[/QUOTE]
That shit on the right would look like anime, were it not for the PS3 branding.

[quote name='Squarehard']You going to pick up Shakugan on blu also?[/QUOTE]

Probably not right away. If I can get it cheaper later on then definitely. The first two seasons are among my favorite anime.

[quote name='lmz00']That shit on the right would look like anime, were it not for the PS3 branding.[/QUOTE]

I guess you have a point there. ;D

[quote name='sevenfold']Probably not right away. If I can get it cheaper later on then definitely. The first two seasons are among my favorite anime.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I'm just happy that they are finally releasing it on blus. But yeah, I also waiting on the right price. ^__^

Man, there are some seriously MEATY pickups on this page. Makes me feel sorta pathetic for only posting this rather ho-hum deal I got on MGS for the PSP (10 bucks new at Sears).

0d3915d8.jpg

[quote name='wiggyx']Man, there are some seriously MEATY pickups on this page. Makes me feel sorta pathetic for only posting this rather ho-hum deal I got on MGS for the PSP (10 bucks new at Sears).

0d3915d8.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It's okay, you gave us a strong finish on page 1. ^__^

[quote name='sevenfold']

Sorry for the pic spam. The wife and I drove from Birmingham, AL to Baltimore, MD last week for her cousin's wedding and stopped at pretty much every thrift store, Goodwill, and game store not named GameStop between here and there. Most of the above pickups came from those stops, though a good bit of the PS1 RPGs came from a trade with CAG user lutz.[/QUOTE]

Man! You gotta play through Eternal Eyes, Suikoden, Legend of Mana, and Breath of Fire 3! Those games were so amazing when I last played them! :drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend told me that a local video store was going out of business (R.I.P.) and they were selling video games for $2 a piece or 5 for 2, not sure (would've been awesome!). This included a bunch of N64 and SNES games and who knows what. Guess I showed up late; they were cleaned out but the sale was going on for some time.
The store sold their blues for $5 and Dvds for a buck a piece. Buy 10 pay 5.

Picked up Ringu, Ju-On 2, Ju-On, Escaflowne the Movie, Ghost in the Shell 2 Innocence, Dead Space Downfall, Escaflowne 2.22, Diary of the Dead, Tidal Wave, Dark Floors. Imma come back tomorrow. xD

Just got this in the mail today! so happy
Now just missing season 3, 5, and 7 to complete my ranma collection.
Well also the movies and OVAs

ronaldinhou.jpg

I swung by my local used bookstore and found these two games for $4.25. Extremely excited to find a Mega Man PC game in the wild, and C&C is even still sealed.

20120808_085452.jpg

Also I went to Sears yesterday hoping to find some good clearanced video games, but found this instead.

20120808_085403.jpg

[quote name='Barney']Just got this in the mail today! so happy

ronaldinhou.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Halfway there good sir! :D

[quote name='Barney']Just got this in the mail today! so happy

ronaldinhou.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh wow....this show is what introduced me to anime. It was fantastic. I was always a fan of the intro song. I wish I could find this on the cheap.

fBRJv.jpg

54nmA.jpg

Yesterday's trip to the book store. Azumanga Daioh set was $15, everything else was $10 or less. AA guide still has the foldout attached.

For those of you who buy used DVDs/games online, thrift stores, or wherever. Do u make sure the discs are mint or don't care as long as it works? Maybe I'm just too OCD where my stuff has to be mint or minor minor scratches... Wish I wasn't so OCD, but was curious.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']For those of you who buy used DVDs/games online, thrift stores, or wherever. Do u make sure the discs are mint or don't care as long as it works? Maybe I'm just too OCD where my stuff has to be mint or minor minor scratches... Wish I wasn't so OCD, but was curious.[/QUOTE]

I definitely check discs to see if they are heavily scratched/cracked before I buy since buying at a thrift store/yard sale usually mean all sales are final. Sometimes I'll see a game/movie I like and I open it up and there's an empty case.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']For those of you who buy used DVDs/games online, thrift stores, or wherever. Do u make sure the discs are mint or don't care as long as it works? Maybe I'm just too OCD where my stuff has to be mint or minor minor scratches... Wish I wasn't so OCD, but was curious.[/QUOTE]

Depends on where I get it. The book store I get a lot of stuff is super good about checking the condition of trade ins and they have high standards. They also have a 7 day return window on everything except books so I usually don't have to worry about it when buying there.

At thrift stores, garage sales, GameStop, I always check first. I'm not anal enough to require everything to be flawless but I want to be very confident the discs will play.

I used to be incredibly picky about condition, but have been far more lax about it in the last few years, especially if it's a really good deal.

bread's done
Back