The Official CAG August 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Right. Forgot that tomorrow is August 1st. -.- Every day is getting closer to my eventual return to school (i.e College) :cry:

20120801_001828.jpg

AC: Revelations from Best Buy for $10+ tax, Castlevania Bloodlines for ~$32 from AWD, and Mega Man Xtreme from Ebay to complete my box/manual from Ebay for $7.

20120801_001651.jpg

Random assortment of N64 boxes and one SNES manual to complete some games (SSB box is for a friend) for $15. They arrived in way better condition than I expected.

Oh man. I loved Megaman Xtreme! I remember playing with it all the time and doing everything possible. But I specifically remember my little brother deleting everything I worked so hard for! :cry: It's unfortunate that we don't have it anymore; for the life of me, I cannot remember where it went. Darn you house!

[quote name='Olengie']Oh man. I loved Megaman Xtreme! I remember playing with it all the time and doing everything possible. But I specifically remember my little brother deleting everything I worked so hard for! :cry: It's unfortunate that we don't have it anymore; for the life of me, I cannot remember where it went. Darn you house![/QUOTE]

Yea, quite a fun game. Your story though reminds me of one of my own.

When I was little, I did something to piss my 6 year old sister off. Her revenge was deleting my save file for my game at the time(Zoda's Revenge: Startropics II). To this day I still remind her about it, and I haven't been able to go back and get to where I was.

Ah. I think all of us with siblings had a similar experience one way or the other. Also when the older ones do it too. And a shame indeed.

I especially hate it when they do it intentionally, especially with pokemon games! "Oh? You have over 50+ hours logged on? I'll go ahead and delete; I'm bored!" LOL. >

AWdQb.jpg

Jk3V3.jpg
HyHCI.jpg

YIbcV.jpg

Picked up the anime at a local store on my way home after getting my car. Bully special edition came from the same store and is complete (dodge ball, comic, Rockstar sticker). Brigandine came from eBay. Digimon World was $2 at a garage sale (not pictured: also got Chrono Cross and misprint FFVII for $4 each at the same sale). Atelier Annie box set came from CAG user battousai11.

[quote name='Olengie']Right. Forgot that tomorrow is August 1st. -.- Every day is getting closer to my eventual return to school (i.e College) :cry:[/QUOTE]

I dread that too. Aug. 27th is going to suck

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']

AC: Revelations from Best Buy for $10+ tax, Castlevania Bloodlines for ~$32 from AWD, and Mega Man Xtreme from Ebay to complete my box/manual from Ebay for $7.
Random assortment of N64 boxes and one SNES manual to complete some games (SSB box is for a friend) for $15. They arrived in way better condition than I expected.[/QUOTE]

You paid more money for a SSB box then I did the game cartridge 6 months ago. I got the game on a gaming site for $10 shipped.

[quote name='Zaku77']Brigandine must have set you back. That damn game is pretty spendy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'm getting closing to finishing my PS1 RPG collection and after losing several auctions I decided to just bite the bullet and pay up. It is in perfect condition, though, so it was worth it. The map doesn't look like it's ever been unfolded.

[quote name='sevenfold']
AWdQb.jpg

Jk3V3.jpg
HyHCI.jpg

YIbcV.jpg

Picked up the anime at a local store on my way home after getting my car. Bully special edition came from the same store and is complete (dodge ball, comic, Rockstar sticker). Brigandine came from eBay. Digimon World was $2 at a garage sale (not pictured: also got Chrono Cross and misprint FFVII for $4 each at the same sale). Atelier Annie box set came from CAG user battousai11.[/QUOTE]

You got some sweet pick ups there!

[quote name='zeavic']dont know where i should post this but this is a show about game hunting on youtube called game chasers.. check it out and episode 17 should be up in a couple days... enjoy
[/QUOTE]

Enjoy your ban.

D'oh! Posted in last month's thread!

I picked up a whole mess o' shit today. I think I spent just a tad over 100 on all of this crap. I wanted to just grab a couple of Genesis games in order to test that stockpile of consoles that I just inherited, but ended up with this pile instead.

DSC02716.jpg

Can someone explain the whole My Little Pony fascination thing to me? I'm totally confused as to how they worked their way into the adult male collector market
huh.gif

[quote name='wiggyx']Can someone explain the whole My Little Pony fascination thing to me? I'm totally confused as to how they worked their way into the adult male collector market
huh.gif
[/QUOTE]

Same writer who worked on PPG and Foster's, and plenty of adults enjoyed those shows, so MLP would naturally fit into that category. Plus, if you throw in a Doctor Who pony into the show, :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:. But yeah, that's basically why. ^__^

[quote name='wiggyx']Can someone explain the whole My Little Pony fascination thing to me? I'm totally confused as to how they worked their way into the adult male collector market
huh.gif
[/QUOTE]

They were made by the same chick who made the Power Puff Girls, so its supposedly a really good show (I don't know I've never partaken).

I'll stick to Adventure Time and the Regular Show, thank you very much.

[quote name='squarehard']same writer who worked on ppg and foster's, and plenty of adults enjoyed those shows, so mlp would naturally fit into that category. Plus, if you throw in a doctor who pony into the show, :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:. But yeah, that's basically why. ^__^[/quote]

WAIT! There is a Dr. Who pony? I must see this!

[quote name='Squarehard']Same writer who worked on PPG and Foster's, and plenty of adults enjoyed those shows, so MLP would naturally fit into that category. Plus, if you throw in a Doctor Who pony into the show, :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:. But yeah, that's basically why. ^__^[/QUOTE]

I prefer PPG, but MLP reminds me a lot of it. I even thought Fluttershy was voiced by Bubbles.

[quote name='Squarehard']Same writer who worked on PPG and Foster's, and plenty of adults enjoyed those shows, so MLP would naturally fit into that category. Plus, if you throw in a Doctor Who pony into the show, :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:. But yeah, that's basically why. ^__^[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KtMack23']They were made by the same chick who made the Power Puff Girls, so its supposedly a really good show (I don't know I've never partaken).

I'll stick to Adventure Time and the Regular Show, thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, interesting. I had an ex that way WAY into the Power Puff Girls (and I'm not gonna lie, I dig it too). OK, I guess I have to check it out now, but don't go expecting me to start posting pics of them sitting atop my entertainment center or anything like that :p

Thanks for the info, ladies.

[quote name='Squarehard']..|..[/QUOTE]

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░░░░░
░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░
░░░░░▲ ▲░░░░░░░░░░▲ ▲░░░░░
░░░░▲ ▲ ▲░░░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲░░░░
░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░░
░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░
░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░░▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲░
▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
░░░░░▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░░░░
░░░░░▓▓▓░████████░▓▓▓░░░░░
░░░░░▓▓░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░▓▓░░░░░
░░░░░▓▓░░░██░░██░░░▓▓░░░░░
░░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓░░▓▓░░░▓▓░░░░░
░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░░
░░░░░▓▓▓██░░▓▓░░██▓▓▓░░░░░
░░░░░░▓▓███░▓▓░███▓▓░░░░░░
░░░░░░▓████████████▓░░░░░░
░░░░░░░████████████░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░████▓▓▓▓████░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▓▓▓░░░░▓▓▓░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Also, kisses :cool:

[quote name='wiggyx']░░░░░░░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░░░░░░

Also, kisses :cool:[/QUOTE]

Your Triforce is crooked.

Got a Sega Genesis 16 Bit with one wire and three controllers (Games: Strider, Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition, Castle of Illusions, Taz-Mania, Sonic the Hedgehog, NBA Jam, Toy Story) for 6.57

Now let me tell you a story. It was originally 40 but the store was having a 50% storewide sale. So it was $20. I was talking to the clerk, who happened to the same church as me and we got friendly with each other. I told her it was missing all the wires cept the AV one. I was going to return it but she asked me if I still wanted it; she was going to throw it out. She brought out the manager to give me a discount and originally I was going to get 5 back but he gave me 16 dollars back. Funny to me because the clerk said it was all because I was part of the church and that I was a Mentor there. :]

Also picked up Legend of the Dragoon (missing Disk 1) and a HG Buster Gundam for $3. :)

I also found two sealed Mortal Kombat Sega CDs for $3 a piece (bit of wear and tear on bit of the packaging.) And honest question. Should I get it? Edit: I plan on going back Saturday to get them; the Thrift Store will be having a 75% sale (It'll be less than a 1) or a buy 3 get it for 1 price sale.

[quote name='Squarehard']Your Triforce is crooked.[/QUOTE]

It never works quite right on non-Vbulletin forums :/

[quote name='wiggyx']░░░░░░░░░░░░░▲░░░░░░░░░░░░

Also, kisses :cool:[/QUOTE]

nice haha

Knowing from experience, one with a collection of anime will attempt to watch it when they have time. Even if there is a massive amount of backlog.

[quote name='Animal7390']do you watch all this anime?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Olengie']Knowing from experience, one with a collection of anime will attempt to watch it when they have time. Even if there is a massive amount of backlog.[/QUOTE]

I actually get through about 25-40 hours of anime on a weekly basis, depending on how busy I am. Though I have a backlog since I can't really watch as fast as I buy them, I am able to get through a good amount of anime watching on a weekly basis since I can watch it while I do homework and what not. And then on rare occasions when I'm completely free I usually just knock out 2-3 series over the weekend. But yes, always trying to watch them all, but of course it becomes difficult when the collection just keeps growing. ^__^

Damn squareheard you got that Clannad blu you told me about. I wanted that but after my almost $600 on 3 pick ups (pics comming tomorrow) I couldn't justify it. Hopefully the cash will start flowing in again next month and I can pick it up.

[quote name='KtMack23']Damn squareheard you got that Clannad blu you told me about. I wanted that but after my almost $600 on 3 pick ups (pics comming tomorrow) I couldn't justify it. Hopefully the cash will start flowing in again next month and I can pick it up.[/QUOTE]

The price went down again temporarily so I had to buy it at that price. ^___^

Few things from July, but whatever.
photobucket-36318-1344005292409.jpg

Both from GoHastings. I think they were around $14 shipped each. They're in great condition for the most part. Can't complain.

photobucket-41963-1344005261524.jpg

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City was about $5 from Gamefly after my coupon. I already had the game at home, so I simply went ahead and decided to keep it. Saint's Row Double Pack was a CAG trade. Very excited to play those seeing as I've only ever played the third game. MW3 was $20 at Best Buy and is for my buddy so we can play together. Arkham Asylum GOTY was price matched at BB for $10. Already played through it and beat it on PS3, but have been wanting to replay it for a while so why not go for achievements along the way. American Pie was $5 after an U&S and manufacturer's coupon. Firefly was $15 after a coupon.

Not much thus far. Been holding off buying anything from GoHastings although the temptation is very strong. And just over 20 minutes after writing this, I put in an order at GoHastings. D:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tsel']Been holding off buying anything from GoHastings although the temptation is very strong. And just over 20 minutes after writing this, I put in an order at GoHastings. D:[/QUOTE]

It was inevitable. ^__^

[quote name='Squarehard']It was inevitable. ^__^[/QUOTE]
If their prices stayed the same, I would've been able to hold off, but the damn prices fluctuate so often that sometimes a better deal pops up. My will is not strong.

[quote name='Tsel']If their prices stayed the same, I would've been able to hold off, but the damn prices fluctuate so often that sometimes a better deal pops up. My will is not strong.[/QUOTE]

That happens to me all the time. I am also lacking in the self-control department. :*(

[quote name='Squarehard']That happens to me all the time. I am also lacking in the self-control department. :*([/QUOTE]
But that means moar stuffz!

Finally got my hands on this!

photonp.jpg

I've already tried to order this twice before from other places, and they've arrived completely destroyed because of how the case is put together with the hard plastic on the inside. Usually arrives in pieces. Finally got it in one piece though. Happy days.

Spent $10 on Kingdom Hearts after my GS Credit, and the Unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus was $378 after tax and shipping directly from Google.

If you remember from last thread, I had bought another Virgin Mobile phone , but after having to return 3 of those to bestbuy in a month, I said screw it, dropped virgin mobile, and for an extra $50 I got the unlocked Nexus (great phone! :)) Now I'm on T Mobile pre paid paying $30 a month for 100 minutes of talk, unlimited text, And 5GB of 4G HSPA+ Data. Pretty good deal if you ask me!

11ahiki.jpg

My other pick up, about $165 "on sale" from Shopko. Its a futon for my room, its a lot nice than gaming in the folding chair I was using!

o5qhyp.jpg

[quote name='Squarehard']Finally got my hands on this!

I've already tried to order this twice before from other places, and they've arrived completely destroyed because of how the case is put together with the hard plastic on the inside. Usually arrives in pieces. Finally got it in one piece though. Happy days.[/QUOTE]

Did the other places refund you? You would think they'd simply send one back out to ya in a beefier container if that's the case :(

bread's done
Back