The Official CAG December 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Santa's Got a Brand New Bag" Edition

SlaughterX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (90%)
2011-12-01_12-41-48_611.jpg

[quote name='Sky Captain']I don't understand is it like a contest for all this or everything you have to trade?[/QUOTE]
...What?

It's to show off shit you've recently purchased, so next time you hit up McDonald's, take a photo of your Big Mac and post it on here.

[quote name='lmz00']It's to show off shit you've recently purchased, so next time you hit up McDonald's, take a photo of your Big Mac and post it on here.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I bought a can of Coke today at work. It even has the Polar Bears on it. I should take a picture and post it up ;)

Currently taking offers on a slightly used box of Reese's Pieces.
img00073s.jpg

sarcastic.gif

All I bought today was a few things to finish up what I'm buying for my niece for Christmas (wooden play food, fake aquarium, and an alphabet play mat.)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']:lol:

I bought a can of Coke today at work. It even has the Polar Bears on it. I should take a picture and post it up ;)[/QUOTE]

You got one today also? I thought I was getting a special limited edition. I wonder how many of these they made? For $2.00 I thought it was a good cause. :lol:

[quote name='ROB64']Currently taking offers on a slightly used box of Reese's Pieces.
img00073s.jpg

sarcastic.gif

All I bought today was a few things to finish up what I'm buying for my niece for Christmas (wooden play food, fake aquarium, and an alphabet play mat.)[/QUOTE]That's one beastly pick-up.

My Skyward Sword bundle from Amazon was crushed, and they're sold out, so I can only get a refund. :'(

[quote name='Survivalism']
TX4L6.jpg
[/QUOTE]You win. You're my hero.

In other news, I was at Walmart a while ago, and was surprised to see that they had about 9 or 10 copies of the Zelda Skyward Sword bundle. I bought two, and will be returning the one from Amazon that got crushed. I was tempted to buy every copy they had for some quick & easy flips, but I'd only make about $20 per copy after fees and shipping. Dunno if it's worth it.

Some stuff from Black Friday week (and a bit of recent purchases). Still got a bit more stuff coming in...
IMG_0130.jpg

Threadless order, 4 shirts and a hoodie - $71

Blu Ray's
IMG_0132.jpg

Sons of Anarchy season 2 - $18.99
Sons of Anarchy season 3 - $18.99
Madmen season 4 - $8.99
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: A Very Sunny Christmas - $12.99
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights - $7.99
Source Code - $8.99
Quantum of Solace - $4.99
Interview With The Vampire - $4.99
Pineapple Express - $6.49
Jackie Brown - $3.99
Coraline - $7.99
Mimic - $4.99
X-Men: First Class - $0 (gift card)

DVD's
IMG_0135.jpg

Gundam Wing Collection 1 - $22
Gundam Wing Collection 2 - $22
Community season 1 - $12.49
Community season 2 - $13.99
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia seasons 1 & 2 - $8.99
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 3 - $8.99
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 4 - $8.99
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 5 - $8.99
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 6 - $12.99
5 Centimeters Per Second - $8.49
Justice League the Complete Series - $37.99

Games, electronics, CD's
IMG_0136.jpg

Rock Band 3 pro-cymbals expansion - $10
Arc Keyboard - free (via Expertzone)
Shaun White Skateboarding - $2.99
Dead Island - $32
Batman: Arkham City - free (present)
1600 Microsoft points - $11
3 Month XBox Live Gold - $7.99
Kirby's Return to Dreamland - $33
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (w/ soundtrack) - $33
Super Scribblenauts - $15
Okamiden - $15
Machine Head: Unto the Locust - $6
Boris: Pink - $6

Comics:
IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

Ultimate Iron Man: Ultimate Collection
Ultimate Iron Man: Armor Wars (hardcover)
Young Avengers vol. 1
Young Avengers vol. 2
X-Factor vol. 1
Cable vol. 1 (hardcover)
Runaways vol. 2
Runaways vol. 3
Nova vol. 2
Nova vol. 3
Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 1 (hardcover)
Annihilation book 1
Annihilation Conquest book 1 (hardcover)
Dawn: The Worlds of Final Fantasy (hardcover)
Hard Boiled
Empowered vol. 2
Evangelion: Shinji Ikari Raising Project vol. 1
Evangelion: Angelic Days vol. 1
Berserk vol. 2
Berserk vol. 3
Berserk vol. 4
Umbrella Academy crest patch

All total around $114

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY (PS3) - $14.99 (Newegg)
Racquet Sports - $5.98 at (Target clearance)
Disneyland Adventures - $19.99 at (Best Buy DOTD)
Jurassic: The Hunted (PS3) - $5.18 (Goodwill)
Sorry Sliders and Sorry Spongebob Edition - $16.xx (TRU)
LEGO Atlantis HQ - $18.50 (Kmart)
UDraw Tablet Bundle (PS3) - $40 (Amazon credit)
6 ft HDMI cable - $2 (Amazon credit)
Minecraft Pocket Edition, Tetris ad free, Game Dev Story, Shazam Encore, NFS: Shift, Spirit HD, Age of Zombies - 70 cents (Android sale)
Kindergarten Cop with free digital version - $5.99 (Amazon credit)
Scene It: Box Office Smash - $15.85 (Amazon credit)
LEGO Mini Hogwarts - $19.97 (Costco)
Duke Nukem Forever (PS3) - $4.99 (Best Buy DOTD)
LEGO POTC Black Pearl - $49.98 :D (Target clearance)
Angry Birds Black Bird - $6.85 (Amazon credit)
LEGO Pirate Board Game - $7.xx (Amazon credit)
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon - $9.99 (Best Buy)
Crysis 2 - $9.99 (Best Buy)
Kirby's Epic Yarn - $7.99 (Best Buy DOTD)
LEGO Rameses Pyramid - $9.99 (Amazon credit)
Dead Rising 2: Zombrex Edition (PS3) - $18.50 (Amazon credit)
Divinity 2 with bonus soundtrack - $14.99 (Amazon credit + lightning deal)
Infamous 2 Hero Edition - $24.99 (Best Buy)
Humble Indie Bundle 4 - $5.40
LEGO POTC Mill - $18
How to Train Your Dragon (PS3) - $9.99 (Best Buy)
LEGO Glove World/Heroic Heroes of the Deep - $19.99 (walmart.com)
Little Big Planet 2: Special Edition - $30 (Amazon credit)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheHelix']Disneyland Adventures - $19.99 at Best Buy[/QUOTE]
Was that with a coupon or were they actually selling it at that price?

[quote name='ZombieToast']Was that with a coupon or were they actually selling it at that price?[/QUOTE]

It was the Best Buy DoTD yesterday and it got abused to hell with b2g1 free.

lol.... I didn't partake in it. ='(

[quote name='skiizim']It was the Best Buy DoTD yesterday and it got abused to hell with b2g1 free.

lol.... I didn't partake in it. ='([/QUOTE]
i thought it had to be $29.99 to qualify for the b2g1 free.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Was that with a coupon or were they actually selling it at that price?[/QUOTE]

Nope it was their DOTD. I heard about the glitch but didn't have the cash to abuse it.

So I got this big huge box in the mail today:
IMG_0587.jpg

Wonder what could be in there??? ;)

More on the box in a second.

IMG_0590.jpg

After watching some gameplay vids and hearing a couple of my friends talk about NFS: The Run, I decided to return it. Got Tekken Hybrid CE instead. Picked up the Hangover II on :br: and ordered SMT from Amazon a while ago.

Back to the box. After cutting the box open... we get...
IMG_0588.jpg

:D :D :D

IMG_0589.jpg

Oh yeah and this:
IMG_0591.jpg

That's a nice lookin' PS3. The FF13, FF13-2 and ToX PS3's all look great. I'm not sure which one I'd choose. Probably the FF13 one, as it looks the most different.

Waaaaay too expensive to buy one though, already having a PS3 Slim of my own.

[quote name='AugustAPC']That's a nice lookin' PS3. The FF13, FF13-2 and ToX PS3's all look great. I'm not sure which one I'd choose. Probably the FF13 one, as it looks the most different.

Waaaaay too expensive to buy one though, already having a PS3 Slim of my own.[/QUOTE]

What was awesome about that PS3 is that I didn't spend any money out of pocket other than to ship the games I traded away (which included my boxed copy of Earthbound). I didn't plan on playing EB and plus I honestly think it is a tad bit overrated. So being a big fan, I decided the PS3 would be much more enjoyable to have. My nostalgia for older stuff is starting to fade fast.

Speaking of that FFXIII PS3.... :D
picture.php

I have one of those too. I debated the XIII-2 one but I can't justify it because then I would have 4 PS3s. :lol:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta'] I debated the XIII-2 one but I can't justify it because then I would have 4 PS3s. :lol:[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with that?! :)

[quote name='wasabi5858']What's wrong with that?! :)[/QUOTE]

I mainly game on my Xbox. Only use PS3 for exclusives. And I have 4 xbox 360's already :razz:

First off games...

IMG_0142.jpg

Tropico 4 - $15
Assassin's Creed: Revelations - $35
Dirt 3 - $12.99
Dungeon Siege III - $14.99
Contra 4 - $10.79

All cool and all, but my favorite thing I got this week is easily...

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg
IMG_0147.jpg

The video game display posters from Toys R Us. They're about 3 feet tall each (with the Arkham City game as size reference on the Batman poster), glossy plastic and there's also a Catwoman, but I let my friend have that one since his girlfriend is a big fan. I Have a few of these from TRU, but the Arkham City ones I've been eyeing for awhile. The Call of Duty one I kinda just decided to take because they were going to throw away, but I have no idea what to do with it (along with some other ones). May give it to a friend, but we'll see.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I debated the XIII-2 one but I can't justify it because then I would have 4 PS3s. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Why do you have that many of the same console, if you don't mind me asking?

[quote name='AugustAPC']Why do you have that many of the same console, if you don't mind me asking?[/QUOTE]

Well in the PS3's case. My two favorite RPG franchises (Tales & Final Fantasy) in that order got special edition consoles. Having a good amount of disposable income, I decided I had to have them. Though I traded for the Tales one, but I did shell out $700 for that FFXIII one. I still have my launch 60GB, which is still going strong too.

As for my 4 xboxes, it is my preferred gaming system. I upgraded to my RE5 Elite way back when it came out, I got my FFXIII bundle because I had $500 of credit from flipping at the time. Being an xbox gamer, I had to have the slim the day it came out. Then I decided why not get the Gears slim too.

I think my next pickup needs to be a new job with a few of you high rollers! Very nice ps3 Vendetta, your pickups always make me jealous

I'm a bit bummed about missing out on that $20 Kinect Disneyland Adventures, but I think it's safe to say that I've spent way too much money lately anyway...

201112pickups.jpg

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II was $15 at Newegg.
I snagged Ghost Trick for only $5 at TRU thanks to a Rewards coupon!
Haven't seen Let Me In yet, but we really enjoyed the original.
I ended up buying Hasbro Family Game Night Fun Pack for nearly the same price as HFGN3, so this will be going to my brother-in-law's fiancé for Christmas.

201112pickups2.jpg

Got the fire truck for my boy and the bull cap for myself.

201112pickups3.jpg

Blu-ray players for our parents.

201112pickups4.jpg

201112pickups5.jpg

Gyro Bowl for my son, Big Business for my mother-in-law (wife already has her own copy), The Others for my mom (already have my own copy), and Stardust for my wife (and me).

Front and back of this year's Club Nintendo reward:
201112pickups6.jpg

201112pickups6b.jpg

201112pickups7.jpg

Yep, two more copies of Persona 2. First copy was damaged, so I asked for a replacement. Second copy was also damaged, so I complained to customer service and they sent a third FREE copy. So, one of them (the worst one) will go back and I get to keep the other two for $20 total. Amazon's shitty bubble mailers actually paid off for once.
I don't normally care for dating sims, but Sprung is actually pretty fun.
Heavy Fire: Afghanistan was free from Mastiff Games.
Got Beach Spikers on eBay because someone suggested it and I only bought the skateboarding one because it was $3.
The much-needed UMD cases were part of Amazon's B1G1 50% sale; leftover credit made the second free.
The weird little sweater is for Maker's Mark. It's a bourbon cozy...

201112pickups8.jpg

Very, very excited about Giana Sisters. And for only $15!
The Jackie Chan and Hellraiser collections were $10 each.
As for the cookies...it is an upcoming Keebler product that I am testing. They haven't even been announced yet as far as I know, so I feel special.

A quick look at the cookies:
201112pickups8b.jpg

They're pretty tasty.

201112pickups9.jpg

$25 from Best Buy.

So far in December I bought:
Dec5buys2011.jpg

Spice and Wolf (season 1) and Gundam Unicorn Vol. 4

Dec6buys2011A.jpg

A bunch of RightStuf and Bandai Entertainment pick-ups. Kurokami, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, and Crest of the Stars all came from Bandai Entertainment Online closing sale. Pandora Hearts Part 1 was from RightStuf. Also got Mario Kart 7 (3DS) near release.

Dec6buys2011B.jpg

New pair of DC shoes. Debated about buying them, until my local stores ran out so I had to order online (only $40 on clearance thankfully).

Dec10buys2011.jpg

Saw Kingdom Hearts wallet at FYE, so I had to buy. Sort of regretted selling the only Wild Arms missing, so I re-bought 3 used. My local mall had several vendors selling stuff, so I got an 8 x 10 photos of Derrick Rose (Bulls) and Ray Rice, two players I really like.

[quote name='TheHelix']ZombieToast, how did you get Heavy Fire: Afghanistan for free? I'm a big fan of rail shooters.[/QUOTE]
I review video games in my free time. I don't do it nearly as much as I used to, but I'm still able to get a fair amount of free games here and there.

bread's done
Back