The Official CAG February 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Hungry, Hungry, Hippos Edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't actually tried the Legend of Heroes games yet, Im still trying to track down the first and the third in mint condition before I start the adventure :)

I think that one technically is the first. The titles just got wonky when they released them here. I think chronologically it does 2-1-3 as per our releases. I'm getting all 3 mint for $50 shipped. It seems like a good deal. I decided to get them because tits (trails in the sky >XD) looks really good!

I've got the first and third Legend of Heroes still sealed. Looking for a copy of the second one, but for some reason, it's much more expensive than the other two!

main.php

Very suprised at how fast Zavvi.com shipped this too me. Very happy with the price and service. Now to take a picture of the other 15 things that ive bbought to post them here.

I own ready to rumble and I was wondering if anyone else hates the old cardboard DVD cases?

Well I do and so I threw away my case.

Now I am stuck with the disc and a blank dvd case.

Does anyone know where to print out new DVD inserts?

[quote name='coolsteel']VIRTUAL ON!!!![/QUOTE]

Totally awesome. I have been thinking about getting a set of twinsticks for a while, they are just sooo expensive.

[quote name='Espo']Totally awesome. I have been thinking about getting a set of twinsticks for a while, they are just sooo expensive.[/QUOTE]

They aren't getting any cheaper or easier to get , buy sooner rather then later. I wanted a set for Virtual On Force and it is still way cheaper to buy and mod the dreamcast version then it is to buy the Xbox 360 twinstick

Lucky. I'd love both of those guides.

I'll post some pictures of my haul (and update it as well) later. I am having to move a lot of it around since the way my bookcase was put together gives the top rows only a small amount of room.

Those guides shouldn't be too super spendy. I paid 12$ for IV and $18 for V over the summer in new condition. Do some searching.

4540334b.jpg

Black College Football Expirienc and Blood Bowl $20.82 shipped from GameStop's used football game deal.

Toy Story 3 impulse pick-up at $32.99

[quote name='Zaku77']Toy Story is $22.99 on amazon. Should probably at least check before bending over, er, buying in a store ;)[/QUOTE]

ive actually seen it that price. i went more expensive for the digital copy included. anyway, im sure i could have still found it cheaper. i was just kind of feeling lazy on this one and decided 'ah, fuck it, i want to watch it tonight'.

[quote name='Zaku77']Toy Story is $22.99 on amazon. Should probably at least check before bending over, er, buying in a store ;)[/QUOTE]

The man did say impulse buy ;D

[quote name='Squarehard']
cimg0500w.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Saga is like, ugh, amazing beautiful watercolor pain. Brings back memories of going on RPG witchhunts in my collection.

Those SaGa games are interesting. Some people like, 'em and others just hate them. It's quite funny. It seems the PS2 ones are more disliked though.

[quote name='Zaku77']Those SaGa games are interesting. Some people like, 'em and others just hate them. It's quite funny. It seems the PS2 ones are more disliked though.[/QUOTE]
I'm probably the only one that actually liked Unlimited Saga. It was definitely different than every other JRPG, but that was part of the charm. That, and the absolutely wonderful soundtrack by Masashi Hamauzu.

Hi,

I was just wondering that how many hours do you guys play a day, and do you play each game you get, or do you just get them for your collections? And about what percentage of your games do you normally finish?

And what do you do with those game guides? Do you collect them as well, or do you actually use them?

I'm just really curious, because I generally feel bad if I buy things and then I don't use them, especially when it comes to games. I also prefer finishing as many of my games as possible.

If I can ever find Nintendo Power guides on the cheap, I'll buy them even if I don't own the game (if I own the game, then it will get used to some extent). According to my Backloggery which hasn't been updated in awhile, I complete about half of my games.

Just bought some stuff recently, I'll post pics when they ship.

[quote name='ako127']Hi,

I was just wondering that how many hours do you guys play a day, and do you play each game you get, or do you just get them for your collections? And about what percentage of your games do you normally finish?

And what do you do with those game guides? Do you collect them as well, or do you actually use them?

I'm just really curious, because I generally feel bad if I buy things and then I don't use them, especially when it comes to games. I also prefer finishing as many of my games as possible.[/QUOTE]

I normally have 2-3 games going. An RPG at all times, then something time consuming like a shooter/fighter/dynasty warriors type/etc. I finish 95% of what I start because I only buy things I'm pretty damn sure I'll like. I do have over 500 games though, so no, not everything is played. I keep a healthy back log! As for the guides, I used to collect them. Once I realized that gamefaqs was a LOT better than a guide though, I stopped getting them for the most part. That's just me though ^_^

[quote name='Zaku77']Those SaGa games are interesting. Some people like, 'em and others just hate them. It's quite funny. It seems the PS2 ones are more disliked though.[/QUOTE]

I could never get into jumping around on the multiple storylines, though I do like the concept in many other games (Suikoden 3, Siren, etc.). There's a lot of games out there too that are rare or collectible than I plain just didn't like and ended up flipping--things like Thousand Arms, Tactics Ogre, and Legend of the Dragoon.

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']where'd you get that bioshock 2 at? the package is mint[/QUOTE]

A CAG friend picked an extra one up for me at one of our local Gamestops :)

[quote name='Cheska19']A CAG friend picked an extra one up for me at one of our local Gamestops :)[/QUOTE]
nice im thinking of picking one up for my gf if i find one for the ps3,ive only found 360 ones so i picked one up for myself (i have both,she has a ps3 only). i hope i find one that mint

My thrift store finds:

Soul Calibur II-$4.00
Morrowind-$4.00 i dont think it was ever used everything was mint and even came with the poster
Zelda II with slipcover-$2.00
Nes Controller-$2.00
Royal Rumble-$1.50 just bought it because its my first genesis find that came with a manual.

SAM_0580.jpg

Heres the topping of my finds-$8.00

SAM_0584.jpg

*:ps3:Red Dead Redemption(new/sealed)-$20 shipped after GS $10 off glitch
*:ps3:Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare(used with a few scratches unfortunately)-FREE(after returning 3 copies of Power Gig to GS that cost me $0 shipped from another website glitch):lol:
*:ps3:Black Ops-$22.49 after Buy New Game Get Used Game 50% off sale @ GS(but they sent me a DEFECTIVE one, which I had to swap out in store:bomb:)

:ps3: System bundle w/ Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time and Singstar Dance from Amazon's Warehouse Deals-used/like new-$225.97 total

Took a chance on ANOTHER :ps3: bundle from Amazon. I'm supposed to be getting a Black Friday PS3 bundle(w/ Uncharted 2, Karate Kid remake n Pixel Junk Shooter DLC voucher) TOMORROW from them. Let's hope this one is in better shape than the last one.:roll::bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='panzerfaust']@square

Where did you get the Tactics Ogre box/what is it?[/QUOTE]

The box holds the tarot cards, which were pre-orders for the PSP.

[quote name='Squarehard']The box holds the tarot cards, which were pre-orders for the PSP.[/QUOTE]

Oh, can't wait for mine to get here then :bouncy:

@Squarehard: You always get the coolest stuff. I'm so damn jealous.

@PopcornBandit: Let me know how Showalter's book is when you're done with it!

----
I just picked up Marvel Vs Capcom 3. I'm sure you guys don't need a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back