The Official CAG February 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']That is how BB packaged the Novella. The game and book are in a bigger sized box.

Nice on the Crystal. I can't wait till mine shows up :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for showing me that.
Now I will hunt for that as I like the way it looks.

AlYl70lCIAEe50H.jpg

Got the Jap version of Borderlands. The gamerscore stacks and plus it is in my top 5 for favorite games this gen. So playing it through again + getting more gamerscore is win. This will be the first game I play in my new Jap Console :D

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']where did you guys buy the crystal edition from[/QUOTE]

Mine is coming from GAME but I had my buddy in the UK order it for me so I didn't potentially get screwed out of it.

I had my friend from AUS order me and a friend a copy from his local store.
Had to pay a lot to ship it but so worth it.

I had ordered one from Game.co but they wound up cancelling.

[quote name='adriley313']I had my friend from AUS order me and a friend a copy from his local store.
Had to pay a lot to ship it but so worth it.

I had ordered one from Game.co but they wound up cancelling.[/QUOTE]

how much was the crystal edition cause i want one >

Bored as hell tonight, just playing video games and checking CAG. I saw the PS3 RPG price drop at Gamestop and took a drive over to my second closest store and picked these up.

2012-02-11_21-04-42_101.jpg

Both sealed fortunately and in great shape.

2012-02-11_21-05-02_126.jpg

I swung by Target on the way home and they had an interesting spread of clearance items, notably the Witcher for $4, some black Dualshock 2's for $14 and a few of the Xbox 360 MW3 controllers for $42. I'm definitely going to be swinging by later this week to see if those drop further.

2012-02-11_21-12-02_432.jpg

Just came in this morning. Om nom nom.

I really love The Amazeing Labyrinth boardgame. I have found 5 copies so far and each copy has gone to a different friend. This one is going to another friend.

2012FebruaryPickUp01.jpg
2012FebruaryPickUp02.jpg

[quote name='Tsel']Just out of curiosity, how many pairs of shoes do you own?[/QUOTE]

Too many. lol, if you really want to know, I can count for the next time I post in here.

WARNING GUYS, DON'T UNSPOILER IF YOU HATE THE SIGHT OF CLOTHES

dscn3364.jpg

dscn3362zq.jpg

dscn3372.jpg

[quote name='pcktlnt']I really love The Amazeing Labyrinth boardgame.[/QUOTE]
Oh boy, we love that game too. Next to Facts In Five, it probably gets the most playtime around here. And when we go on trips, we play the DS version!

picture.php

I'm a little late to the Black Ops party, but it was cheap and it looks fun.

picture.php
\

My biggest pick-up ever... It took me forever to go through college and get my JD. I just hope I pass the bar exam.

picture.php

My new wired AmazonBasics keyboard and mouse that I'm going to use on the bar exam. They don't like the wireless stuff for whatever reason.

Now that I finally have my new computer all situated, I can post my recent pickups. Hopefully nobody minds a few from last month; I haven't had a way to upload pictures until now...

201201pickups5.jpg

The most noteworthy thing here is the coveted (at least by me) Bionic Commando lunchbox. I've never seen it go for less than $25, but I managed to pick it up for $12.

201201pickups6.jpg

201201pickups7.jpg

14 sets of DVD's, blowup guitars, coupon books, stickers, and potty training stuff from the Pull-Ups House Party.

201201pickups8.jpg

LBP2 stuff from the PS3 House Party and a Child of Eden code.

201202pickups.jpg

Now for this month's stuff...
201202pickups2.jpg

Ram Racing was free from Storm City Games. For anyone not familiar, the black thing on the right is the GameBoy Player for Gamecube.

201202pickups3.jpg

My new PC! (Feel free to ignore the gutted one on the left.) It's a ZT Affinity 7644Mi. I've never heard of the brand, but it's a great computer so far. This thing has the 3.4GHz quad-core Intel i7-2600, 16 GB RAM, a 2 TB HDD, a Blu-ray burner, and I just upgraded the Windows 7 to Professional 64-bit. I hate Windows 7 (it took me quite a few hours to get it to a satisfactorily functioning state), I don't like that I have to open the left panel to mess with the hardware, and I had to get a DVI converter because it doesn't support VGA...but other than that, I am quite pleased with my purchase. It's not the most powerful computer, but it's a hell of an upgrade for me and I got a great deal on it. And thanks to the video card I got for a steal in a CAG lowball, there isn't a PC game currently available that I can't play on high settings.

And now for our second-biggest purchase ever:
201202pickups4.jpg

2003 Chevrolet Venture. (Feel free to ignore the old man.) It's obviously used and it has a fair number of miles on it, but it's in great shape. I just have to replace a control panel on one door (which the dealer ordered for free), the sun visor on the passenger side, and a knob. We might need to patch a tire, but my brother-in-law can do that easily if necessary. All in all, it's a great car...very roomy, has most of the features we wanted, and it's a nice smooth ride. And best of all, we got it for only $5700 because we offered cash in hand. I was hoping to do something a bit more fun with our tax return, but having the minivan is a huge relief for us. And now we've got room for our family to grow further.

And now, to end things on an anti-climactic note:
201202pickups5.jpg

Can't stand AC/DC, but the track pack was only $5. Can't stand Gran Turismo, but it was free from House Party. Will probably trade it in.
Missing: Myst for PC.

[quote name='anime5ever']i used 10$ off on it. AND SO WHAT I'M ENJOYING IT:3ds:[/QUOTE]

A lot of CAGs who probably don't even own a 3DS purchased it for $5 on BB.com about a month and a half ago. >_<

I already had it and bought a second copy.

[quote name='anime5ever']were? my gamestop was the only that had it used.[/QUOTE]

It's actually $15 on Amazon right now if you are still within the return period for Gamestop, so couldn't hurt assuming you feel like doing the extra work now to return it and then repurchase, but up to you.

I normally don't like telling people what they should/shouldn't pay for a game, but for this one, it is a fairly older game, so many places will have it at a better price if anything.

In either event, pew pew.

Yeah, I picked it up for $5 from Best Buy in January. It's $15 new on Amazon, $10 used. Would definitely return it to GS and just order it on Amazon.

Sorry, did not mean to start anything and nothing against you man, my bad.
I just saw $31 and the CAG in me cried out.

I didn't have a 3DS at the time but bought it for $5 along with the others.
If you enjoy it, that's all that matters.
Have yet to try it yet.

I don't think any of us are being hard on the guy; we're all just trying to look out for a fellow CAG. Hopefully we're able to help him save a few bucks. If not, then so be it.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I don't think any of us are being hard on the guy; we're all just trying to look out for a fellow CAG. Hopefully we're able to help him save a few bucks. If not, then so be it.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Just trying to help him save. But in the end of the day its his/her money so his/ her choice, and i think everyone was being respectful of that.

$15.49 + $7.98 shipping not really cheap plus i rather free shipping. also 3rd party seller not amazon, amazon has it around 34$

[quote name='anime5ever']$15.49 + $7.98 shipping not really cheap plus i rather free shipping. also 3rd party seller not amazon, amazon has it around 34$[/QUOTE]

Amazon Warehouse (Deals) has it for $17.49.

[quote name='pjb16']Amazon Warehouse (Deals) has it for $17.49.[/QUOTE]
checks amazon, like new.....:whistle2:# doh! thats nice really should've checked oh well lesson learned.

I finally acquired something I've wanted for a very long time:

BuKF1.jpg

$50-some-odd shipped from eBay and included Mario World. He was asking $60 but gave me a great deal at $45. And he wrapped it in what looked to be an entire box of seran wrap and a whole newspaper, and the game was in a separate bubble mailer inside the package so he obviously gave a crap, which is nice, too. Then the cat started rubbing his face on it.

I don't post my loot, mostly it got too tiresome with worthy loot every few days but today I am especially excited.

I just received 3 packages from dv8, here

20120217_7.jpg

I wasn't in a hurry to receive the PS3 since I already have so many, but got sort of impatient cuz I want to take the following pic of my FF XIII-2 collection.

FFXIII-2_loot.jpg

FF XIII-2 PS3.
Crystal Edition
Ligthning play arts kai
US CE from bestbuy with novella
US CE from amazon with omega
Soundtrack LE with DVD
Asia version, chinese/engilsh subtitle with jp voice
G2 steelbook
3 x G1 steelbook
1 of each wallscroll
2 CE guide

Excited to be able to take a complete pic (more or less) but the real star of today's loot is that red box.

20120217_16.jpg

Let's see what's inside.

20120217_21.jpg

OMG! BEAUTIFUL!

Audio Technica ATH-W3000ANV 50th anniversary model Limited Edition with only 2000 produced.

highlights of this headphone beside all the technical stuff that make it sound wonderful are

Asada Hokkaido cherry wood housing.
Some Echizen traditional Japanese lacquer finish.

The finish is just absolutely amazing. Too excited to set up some proper lighting etc and the patience to take some good photo so here is a quick pic that doesn't even come close to showing its true beauty.

20120217_33.jpg

Overall, A+ loot today, I am so happy!

Thank you dv8 for all your help in getting them.

DSC_0446.jpg

My 1st Vita items, the handheld will come next week though. Found the case for $20 at Target, I obviously haven't put the Vita in it yet, but I like it a lot.

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0448.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

This is a Mirage OMD-5 (bought from Vanns.com, which is a great retailer by the way). I actually got two, and they're mounted upside down as my heights in a 9.2 setup. Now I think i'm finally done buying speakers for a while, unless I can snag the OMD-28s at a greatly reduced cost.
200712_mirage_omd5.jpg

This is just a better picture of what the speaker looks like.

[quote name='pjb16']
My 1st Vita items, the handheld will come next week though. Found the case for $20 at Target, I obviously haven't put the Vita in it yet, but I like it a lot.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy the games at Target too? They're doing B2G1F this week, so you may want to go back for an adjustment.

[quote name='Bezerker']Did you buy the games at Target too? They're doing B2G1F this week, so you may want to go back for an adjustment.[/QUOTE]

Nope, Amazon. And I got them for $30 each, so the b2g1 is only a slightly better deal when not factoring in tax. Was planning to get 3 different games from Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back