The Official CAG February 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='needler420']I don't get why people post pics of their clothes and shoes. Why not just take pics of your groceries too.[/QUOTE]

This! :applause:

[quote name='needler420']I don't get why people post pics of their clothes and shoes. Why not just take pics of your groceries too.[/QUOTE]

I agree. There was some guys that would post there food on the playstation forums. So pointless.

And some ugly clothing too ;)

Not enough Vita Love around here!!!

img1934as.jpg

[quote name='AJVtony831']And some ugly clothing too ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zaku77']Who wears corduroys, honestly. =P[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Why not?

Unless the title changes to "The Official CAG Video Game Pick-Ups Thread" I'll keep posting what I want.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Unless the title changes to "The Official CAG Video Game Pick-Ups Thread"[/QUOTE]
That's an excellent idea.

I don't mind the clothes and shoes. It's not like every member posts them and the ones that do usually either spoiler tag them or don't have enough worth complaining over. I can sift through a few posts every now and then.

I'm on the fence. I don't like the clothes/shoes posts because they're not interesting and I think most folks have really bad taste in apparel, but I don't necessarily feel inclined to complain about it. I don't think this should be only about video games, but a line does have to be drawn somewhere.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I'm on the fence. I don't like the clothes/shoes posts because they're not interesting and I think most folks have really bad taste in apparel, but I don't necessarily feel inclined to complain about it. I don't think this should be only about video games, but a line does have to be drawn somewhere.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of my take on it. I don't necessarily enjoy seeing them and I don't particularly find most of the clothes posted here to be of good taste, but I don't hate them enough to complain about them.

[quote name='Tsel']That's kind of my take on it. I don't necessarily enjoy seeing them and I don't particularly find most of the clothes posted here to be of good taste, but I don't hate them enough to complain about them.[/QUOTE]

Some forums I've been on they post groceries, stuff like that... Wtf?

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Some forums I've been on they post groceries, stuff like that... Wtf?[/QUOTE]

Now that's a little ridiculous.

[quote name='Tsel']Now that's a little ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yeah so clothes are fine with me, I'd prefer to see games, movies, swag... But it's all good, just no groceries or food please, lol.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Some forums I've been on they post groceries, stuff like that... Wtf?[/QUOTE]
Precisely why I say a line needs to be drawn somewhere. I think most of us like being able to post non-game things here, but things like groceries or everyday household items are a bit ridiculous. But at the same time, I know there are certain foods that I wouldn't mind sharing...like a unique bottle of wine or the green tea mochi I bought last night...

Really people, this is the pick ups thread. They picked it up.
If they put it in spoilers tags then don't click it and move on.

Framed my Lightning, excuse the crappy ipod camera
426347_10150564184060924_626475923_9122654_1637453739_n.jpg

Also got Tales of the Abyss, but have yet to play it but can't wait.

Clothes and shoes I don't mind so much, as long as they are under the spoiler tag. I'll end up looking at them anyways. As long as it is media/electronics leave it unspoilered imo. And anyone who wants to post groceries just needs to gtfo.

My question would be the people posting pics of the Polo clothes and the Nike shoes, are you getting deals on these or just paying retail? Share your secrets.

Haha, you guys are funny. Honestly, what's it matter if people post things not directly related to electronics; is it really that big of a deal? I personally wouldn't buy 800 copies of Final Fantasy XIII-2, a sweet Pampers Party pack, or another sealed SNES (THIS ONE HAS DONKEY KONG ON THE BOX INSTEAD OF MARIO!), but it's not my money and at the end of the day it doesn't effect me, so who gives a shit; let 'em live.

Before anyone says "BUT IT'S A VIDEO GAME SITE," that's true, but we also have an other deals forum, and people enjoy other things than just video games. I personally don't agree with SlaughterX's clothing choices, but he probably cares about my opinion about as much as I care about what he wears. If anything, you guys should be happy he posted them, because how would you have otherwise come together to bash the man's choice of apparel. Granted, his photos were somewhat big, but all that means is it takes an extra couple of revolutions on your scroll wheel to move past them.

/rant

[quote name='specialk']My question would be the people posting pics of the Polo clothes and the Nike shoes, are you getting deals on these or just paying retail? Share your secrets.[/QUOTE]

For me personally (shoes), it varies. Usually retail.

[quote name='specialk']My question would be the people posting pics of the Polo clothes and the Nike shoes, are you getting deals on these or just paying retail? Share your secrets.[/QUOTE]

For kicks there are various websites and forums where you can get it below retail. Niketalk.com as an example.

As for the whole complaining thing, I'm just chalking it up to internet people doing what they do best.

Like lolwut said, not everyone is into everything. Just please do not ignorantly bash what you don't think is interesting.

[quote name='adriley313']Really people, this is the pick ups thread. They picked it up.

[/QUOTE]

Is that the steelbook? If so, please tell me about the frame you used. I'd love an easy way to frame steelbooks.

[quote name='adriley313']Really people, this is the pick ups thread. They picked it up.

Also got Tales of the Abyss, but have yet to play it but can't wait.[/QUOTE]

By your logic i should post pictures of my dogs droppings because i had to pick those up.

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']By your logic i should post pictures of my dogs droppings because i had to pick those up.[/QUOTE]

As Seth and Amy would say
"REALLY?"

And this is not steelbook, i have those 2 sealed.
This is the lithograph that came with the Crystal Edition

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']By your logic i should post pictures of my dogs droppings because i had to pick those up.[/QUOTE]
I would've gone with junk mail, maybe even the newspaper.

[quote name='lmz00']I would've gone with junk mail, maybe even the newspaper.[/QUOTE]

Haha i like yours better. Now i wait for the day till someone puts pictures of there newspaper...every single day.

Which is really more annoying and useless to this thread, one post with pictures of clothes, or the 47 posts complaining afterwards? If you'd just stop whining and let him post what he wants, we'd all be wasting a lot less time.

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']Haha i like yours better. Now i wait for the day till someone puts pictures of there newspaper...every single day.[/QUOTE]
fuck pictures. I want videos of them doing so, preferably while rapping and sipping on some Four Loko.

[quote name='Survivalism']Which is really more annoying and useless to this thread, one post with pictures of clothes, or the 47 posts complaining afterwards? If you'd just stop whining and let him post what he wants, we'd all be wasting a lot less time.[/QUOTE]

+1

I definitely wasted more time checking this thread thinking that there will be new loot to look at than the time it took me to scroll pass a few images of clothes.

[quote name='knightsdwn']For kicks there are various websites and forums where you can get it below retail. Niketalk.com as an example.

[/QUOTE]

Is it just forums and the deals are found in the threads? Also what other sites are good for kicks and clothes? Thanks. And I for one don't mind the pics of the clothes, they're hidden via spoiler so no harm.

Im back on the cag scene ladies. Just picked this up off craigslist. Nice ps3 lot:
120 GB Playstation 3 in great condition - $250 value
3 wireless controllers (including one Dual Shock) - $150 value
PS3 bluetooth headset - $30 value
PS3 wireless keypad - $25 value
PS3 steering wheel - $80 value
ALL WIRES AND CHARGING WIRES ARE INCLUDED

RECENT GAMES
-Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $60 value
-Battlefield 3 - $60 value
-Assassin's Creed Revelations - $60 value
-Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception (not even opened) - $60 value
-NHL 12 - $60 value
-Madden 12 - $60 value
-Saints Row The Third - $60 value

OLDER GAMES (still fairly new)
-Grand Theft Auto IV - $20 value *CLASSIC*
-Red Dead Redemption - $40 value *CLASSIC*
-Rockband (WITH DRUMS, MICROPHONE, GUITAR, AND ALL WIRES) - $120 value
-Burnout Paradise - $40 value
-Warhawk - $10 value
-007 Quantum of Solace - $15 value
-The Simpson's Game - $40 value

$300 id say that was a pretty good deal

[quote name='lmz00']I miss Blue Stinger.[/QUOTE]

Next thing you know he'll be getting Carrier ;)

[quote name='needler420']hmm picture number 2 is the same as #1? reassurance?[/QUOTE]

Side by side

kitanasbs.png

Just kinda wanted to get a better frontal view... I'll take more from different perspectives later.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Next thing you know he'll be getting Carrier ;)[/QUOTE]

If there was something the Dreamcast wasn't short on was horror survivor/action games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back