The Official CAG February 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='AugustAPC']Side by side

kitanasbs.png

Just kinda wanted to get a better frontal view... I'll take more from different perspectives later.[/QUOTE]
how much you pay for that?

2012-02-25-181700.jpg

Bam! I wish I could say that one was a 3G model and the other was a Wifi only model but that would be a bit much now wouldn't it? They are both wifi's and one is for my brother. I just took the pic after I bought. Got the systems from target so free memory cards and $20 gifts cards are also had. Games are from everywhere and every sale. Not really sure what I was doing since I thought Gravity Rush was going to be a launch title, also missed my chance to get in on pre-ordering LBP and Dragon Crown.

Old cheap CEs:
2012-02-25-185636.jpg

Got the U3 from BB, traded in my regular copy $25 + $10 more since I was picking up some Vita games. AC Brotherhood and Qoga are from Gamestop and are surprisingly sealed and minty.

Random Pickups:
2012-02-25-190725.jpg

Picked up Cubivore from a Gamestop. Sadly the disc will not play even after buffing it/cleaning. I picked up Suikoden 2 off of Craigslist for $70 which I am happy with. Black label Xenogears to replace my GH copy. Anyone here an expert on manuals?
The manual that came with the game fits in the recess in the case but is beat up. I have another black label Xenogears manual to replace with but seems a bit to long and will not fit into the same recess properly. Not sure why one BL manual would be larger than another BL manual...

And to show my support for people posting hidden clothes. Here are my hidden clothes haha. THEY ARE GAMING RELATED:
2012-02-25-184844.jpg

$5 each

How about music?
2012-02-25-184906.jpg

Thrift pick ups:
2012-02-25-185748.jpg

The three Super Star Wars games. King Arthur's World. Plok. each about $2.

2012-02-25-185406.jpg

Heroscape $2 *protip* if you see this pick it up. It is really fun. And if you are a greedy bastard they (mainly the boosters) flip well. Also shown are a bunch of Pokemon figs and Sonic & Amy figs

Comic books!
2012-02-25-184233.jpg

Sniped these off eBay. Only need 2 more for a complete set!!

2012-02-25-183150.jpg

Only really wanted the .Hack manga but could not leave the rest at $0.50 a piece. Anyone want to trade?

As you can tell from my pictures the Vita does not make a great camera and will only prolong blurry UFO pictures for 10 years. And that is the end of my long post

CameraZOOM-20120226145609587.jpg

Tritton Primer Wireless Headset $65 (Amazon)
Xornet Gaming Mouse $5 (Amazon, used credit, rebate on the way also)
Bioshock 2 $9 (Amazon)
Tales of Vesperia $15.99 (Newegg)
Black Ops $30 (Damn Gamestop)
Battlefield 3 ($28 Amazon)
48 Sony AA Batteries $9.99 (Adorama)

Have more stuff on the way also :)

Various movie purchases: Looney Tunes (Amazon), Tom & Jerry (Barnes and Noble), Batman (WB Shop), and Lady and the Tramp (Disney Movie Club)
2012FebruaryPickUp03.jpg

No time for console gaming anymore. Not sure why I purchased Atelier Totori (Fry's). The Ghiradelli chocolates were a gift from a friend and the Snap board game was only 50 cents (great way to introduce board games to my nieces and younger cousins).
2012FebruaryPickUp04.jpg

A "broken" HP laptop for free. Fixed it by cleaning out the fans and formatting their hard drive.
2012FebruaryPickUp06.jpg

I love book sales! All for 3 dollars. ^_^
2012FebruaryPickUp07.jpg

lol.. Totally irrelevant to the thread but found it appropriate for the people that post there shoes here. Does it really get that bad? I've seen signs at certain malls after certain releases at stores but never thought about it but damn. >_<

EDIT: lmao... I watched a video on another link inside that one on the Jordan release late last year, wtf!!!!

Just don't try and go toe to toe with Squarehard!!! I tried with his DS collection and it is a very daunting task!!!!!!
still working on it though

[quote name='skiizim']Just don't try and go toe to toe with Squarehard!!! I tried with his DS collection and it is a very daunting task!!!!!!
still working on it though
[/QUOTE]

If you don't count really long series, like Naruto and Kenshin, I might have him beat.

Edit: Quick count, probably wrong, but 115+ series, 20+ BR movies.

to me. It is quality that counts.

Not directed to anyone in particular, but a lot of the collection posted are full of bargain bin games that I won't even want free to save on shelf space.

[quote name='wasabi5858']to me. It is quality that counts.

Not directed to anyone in particular, but a lot of the collection posted are full of bargain bin games that I won't even want free to save on shelf space.[/QUOTE]

Its funny I just watched a youtube video of siccooper and he gets American idol for the PS2 and says he paid cheap for it so it was worth it for his collection. I think to myself I wouldn't take that game if you gave it to me for free. Its a waste of space on my property. Funny thing is he even calls it a shitty game as well it just shows you the extent of a collectors OCD.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wasabi5858']to me. It is quality that counts.

Not directed to anyone in particular, but a lot of the collection posted are full of bargain bin games that I won't even want free to save on shelf space.[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya, my purchases are all tethered to my tastes. Though I have a huge backlog, if I don't intend to play it, I won't buy it.

[quote name='needler420']Its funny I just watched a youtube video of siccooper and he gets American idol for the PS2 and says he paid cheap for it so it was worth it for his collection. I think to myself I wouldn't take that game if you gave it to me for free. Its a waste of space on my property.

The funny thing is the kid is going too fast and going to burn himself in the end. When you buy too much and don't pace yourself and something comes up bye bye collection. That's because he's left being a gamer and became a collector wanting to grade games.[/QUOTE]

Is that like, fire_thief's youtube account?

[quote name='elessar123']Is that like, fire_thief's youtube account?[/QUOTE]

Don't think so. I know him from a few other forums not sure if he's on CAG. Every where else he goes by the same name siccooper.

He's actually a really cool dude. Just does stuff with gaming I wouldn't so much agree with. Id also call him more of a collector then a gamer.

406439_298158743568006_145552758828606_883553_2071043941_n.jpg

Got one of those. Too lazy to unroll mine. #400 something. So no special number. Wish it was low like my #7 The Team Litho :D

picture.php

Very happy about the Harry Potter 3D pack. I got it for $80 cheaper than what the price is online. It was new too. Had to wait for the Amalur guide to come back in stock at amazon. Thing is like 5 pounds and 600 pages. :shock:

Feeling a bit lazy today, so I just threw my last few pickups in one picture:
201202pickups6.jpg

Picked up Breakout, Combat, and Pac-Man for $3 total at a thrift store.
Jak And Daxter Collection was free from House Party. Also received Gran Turismo 5 XL, but that was traded in immediately after ten minutes of attempted "gameplay".
Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Majin And The Forsaken Kingdom, DualPen Sports, and City of Villains (complete; mainly got it for the cool Heroclix) were $25 total at Amazon.
Skyrim was just under $40 at Walmart.

Aside from digital games, I think that's it for me.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Hm, anybody know the story behind the two different Hotel Dusk covers?[/QUOTE]

First print and reprint verison.

[quote name='blueweltall']First print and reprint verison.[/QUOTE]

That is when they started to do the Touch Generations games or something along those lines.

Slaughter, those are some nice looking banana plugs. They look a lot like the kind I have, where'd you order them from?

[quote name='Squarehard']
scaled.php
[/QUOTE]

Okay, finally something good! You pay attention to that there Protoculture collection; it demands a good chunk of your life force to fully appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back