The Official CAG March 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Madness of March Edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.
hpim0439e.jpg

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Fightstick $25
Mayflash Wii Classic Controller to USB $15 (not pictured)

Makes for a Good MAME Stick.

hpim0440g.jpg

Simpsons Character Books- Around $3.50 each

I've only played it on the dreamcast sega collection ages ago. I really liked it though. They definitely need to re-do 2 & 3. I hate it that I have nothing to get those on because they still just have the old genesis/saturn versions.

Nothing major this time.

DSC00143.jpg

The Enslaved comic and Fallout New Vegas CE were free. Keeping Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition sealed for now since I have no intent on playing right away.

DSC00145.jpg

Took advantage of TRU's deal since I had a giftcard from there anyways. My favorite thing I bought is that solar powered Piplup :)

Feb pick-ups:

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

Handful of lowball winnings and other assorted items!

102_3051.png

Thanks to dv8mad for the Catherine poster, OP:UA, Metal Slug Advance, and Final Fight One were all lowball wins. Gotta scratch that boxed GBA itch. Ninja Five-O was a very special gift from a group of friends (it's the Earthbound/Suikoden II of the GBA for those not aware.)

More pics! The Catherine poster is reversible:

102_3052.png

And a better shot of the other stuff:

102_3053.png

Who likes Dungeons & Dragons? I do!!! Walked into a thrift store and lo and behold. Someone apparently got sick of Dungeons & Dragons. All of these tapletop books cost a total of $114 out the door. There's some good shit in here. The stuff at the end are modules and maps with no title spines and various inserts and DM screens. It amazes me what some people donate.
IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

[quote name='Tempius']Nabbed Dragon Quest V at my local Kmart. At first glance I was like that can't be but sure enough it was.[/QUOTE]
Saw about 4 at my K-Mart for $39.99. This was a couple months ago though.

[quote name='moop2001'] It amazes me what some people donate.
[/QUOTE]

No shit. When I had more time at my job (you know, before budget cuts and 25% of our staff was laid off) I used to sort through the donations for a public library used bookstore. I was really astonished by some of the things that people donated. Entire series of books in mint condition, that would go for hundreds of dollars on Amazon, rare books, expensive textbooks, DVDs including full season sets, or even limited collector editions of movies, rare VHS tapes (stuff that hasn't been transferred to DVD yet), and the occasional PC/console game.

Of course, this was all before the economy took a big shitter. I still check through the donations occasionally (usually on my unpaid break time), and the amount of stuff being donated has dropped considerably. I can only imagine some of the stuff that is probably going through pawn shops right now, as people are desperate for even a few bucks here and there.

psp 3000
FFT war of lions
FFI
Lunar
Hot shots tee 2
Dungeon Seige
Little Big Planet
Ys seven
star ocean 1 --- all on the psp

Been slacking majorly on the pick-up front, as there isn't really much left for me to buy, but I FINALLY came across this beauty and could not pass it up:
2nhqph0.jpg

I've been wanting this color for the longest time. The box is fine, it's the flash that makes the color look off in the picture.

A while back I had a bunch of Powerup points and instead of using them on another $5-off coupon, I spent them on this wall panel:

031701214200.jpg

As you can see, it isn't so much a "wall panel" as "just a poster." The Medal of Honor one was some kind of cardboard. Still, it'll look really good on my wall in a nice frame. I don't know if it'll look $60 worth of good, but, hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back