The Official CAG May 2010 Pick-Ups Thread

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Aight.... here we go...

Dragon Warrior VII - PS1, $26, Complete..

Dungeon Siege II - PC, New - $17

Run Like Hell - Xbox, New - $11

Eternal Darkness - GameCube, Complete - $16..

The Suffering: Ties That Bind - Xbox, $6

Driver 3 - Xbox, New - $4

World War II Combat Road to Berlin - Xbox, New - $5

LOTR Battle for Middle Earth II - Xbox, $10

Monster RPG 2 - iPod touch, 99 cents

Rebirth of Fortune - iPod touch, 99 cents..[/QUOTE]

Whhhhhhhhhhhhy? That's almost $100 in one day!

That's all I have to say.

Regardless, I got Splinter Cell Chaos Theory CE in the mail the other day from Goozex. Missing the slip cover though, on a full package trade.
It's the guy's second trade, so he might not have realized, so I'm trying to talk to him about it so he knows for the future. I'll probably give him +5 when it's all said and done.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Here you go:

Lightning Bundle!!! The Voltage on the slims are universal so yeah... I can use this at home without a converter! :D

I was going back and forth between this and a Jap :360: (I am currently on vacation in South Korea). This ultimately won out due to me wanting a slim (I already have a Phatty) and the fact that I love Final Fantasy XIII. [/QUOTE]
I had a feeling it was going to be the Lightning bundle. NICE!!!! :D :D

This month so far ive gotten:

X360:
Red Dead Redemption
Alan Wake
Dantes Inferno
Bioshock 2

PS3:
Mod Nation Racers :) early copy from a friend at sony!!

DS:
Pokemon Soulsilver

And on the 25th UFC 2010 whooo!!

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']@fire_thief. I got 2 :ps3:'s now. Where is your 1 to play all those games you bought? ;)[/QUOTE]

loooooool.

Nice pick-up, but I thought no one loved FF XIII?

Ok, my turn...

I have more on the way that I'll post later this week, next week...

Starting off.. stuff for my new(ish) PSP

2010-05-18211507-1.jpg

Final Fantasy PSP - $7.48 (Target)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories - $9.98 (Target)

2010-05-18211523.jpg

Final Fantasy VII:Crisis Core - $9.99 (Ebay)
Tekken 6 - 500 points (Goozex)

2010-05-18211535-1.jpg

Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - $24 CAG

2010-05-18211611.jpg

Star Ocean: First Departure - $15 (Ebay)
Star Ocean: Second Evolution - $15 (Ebay)

A little PC love...

2010-05-18213540_Shakopee_Minnesota.jpg

3x Lord of the Rings Online 60 Day GameCard - $5.95/ea (Posted on CAG)

New BluRay

2010-05-18211642.jpg

Super Troopers BluRay - $9.99 (Target)

PS3 Pickups

2010-05-18211354.jpg

Cross Edge - $20 (CAG Lowball, Sealed)
Demon's Souls - $29.99 (GameStop Online, Sealed)

And just for today!
2010-05-18211659.jpg

Red Dead Redemption - $14.99 (Best Buy, $45 in RZ Certs)

Whew, that's a haul :)

-D

[quote name='lmz00']He truly is the pick-up king.[/QUOTE]

i though Hef was the king of pick-ups...oh wait it's about buying games. kinda sad.

anyway i had some spare money on my gaming budget that was piling up for the last few months and my favourite online store had few nice pricecuts. i just ordered few 360 games i've been dying to play(and that were on my "to buy" list for some time).

F.E.A.R. Files - 16$
F.E.A.R. - 13$(now i have whole F.E.A.R. series on 360)
Gears of War - 13$
X-Blades - 8$
Halo Wars Limited Edition - 18$(normal edition was for 16$ so i picked this one up. my first Limited Edition BTW)
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 - 25$(not the best price on CAG, but the best oe in my country right now, so)

93$ for 6 great games(well if you consider the fact that so far i only spend money i got from selling my older consoles, books, comics and games i got it for free).

What site is that Sofik? I've been looking for Halo Wars LE for a while.

On topic, I have a HUGE list of pickups from the last month and a half, all I need is pics and I'll upload them.

it's polish online store and it's polish version of Halo Wars. they have some crazy prices there Alan Wake Limited Edition for 60$, Fallout 3 Collector's Edition and Gears of War 2 Collector's Edition for 25$(again both are polish versions).

maybe i will do some unboxing video when i will get those games(this friday or next monday) and vid for all of my may 360 games i picked up.

I like the idea of video posts of your pick ups. Fire_Thief takes it too far with his less-than-notable pick ups and general ghetto posturing, but if you do a straight, "this is what I got" video, it could be very cool.

i ordered
viva pinata - banjoo kazooie nut and bolts bundle for $15 shipped from ebay, new
i thought it was a good price, the lowest i found both sepratly used was $25 shipped. i don't know when it will get to me though.

Picked this up yesterday.

CIMG0068.jpg

Dreamcast with 4 controllers and Sonic Shuffle(still in the system) - $10
Tested it out last night and it's in great working condition.

Well for the month of may....

:360: Alan Wake(M$ retail site) $20
:360: Lost Planet 2, plush & 3 Month xbx live card(K-Mart) $45
:360: Red Dead Redemption+ Amazon DLC+ $25 GC(Amazon) $60
:360: Super Street Fighter IV $ free(gift)

Well, since people think it could be good, I'll try out a pickup video, I do have a lot of pickups that have been piling up, so a video might work better :)

I spent a little more than I would have liked to, but I met a cool ebay seller who was great on the communication.

$30.00 shipped Final Fantasy 2 snes w/ mintish map and manual
(I first asked him about selling the manual individually, but when he tossed the map up, my resistance broke down).

Then I asked him about whether he had any shipping deals, and he was like sure, $1 for each additional item, so what the hey.

$6 shipped Arcana snes mint condition cartridge
(I already beat this one on emulator, great dungeon crawl RPG)

$9 shipped Wizardry V snes w/ manual
(I haven't played this one much, looks good though!)

Best of all I asked him about the Final Fantasy Mystic Quest Manual I was looking for, and he said he'd throw in a mintish map and manual instead of doing the shipping discount, (which was about $4.50) so I somewhat got this for free overpaying a little for the other stuff. Storefront:

http://shop.ebay.com/maliczz/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

You should definitely contact this seller (maliczz) if you're into SNES stuff, right now he's got a Breath of Fire snes Mint with manual and poster for $30 shipped, which isn't terrible if you're crazy about those paper goodies. There's a few other carts in there that may be undervalued, especially after the $1 for each additional item deal.

[quote name='Ninshadow']Just came back from my 14 day Japan trip pick up a few things

DSC08624.jpg

Solar Battery charger 2830 yen , PS2 to PS3 adapter 980 yen and USB Dog was a gift

DSC08625.jpg

Street fighter 4 Keychain 1280 yen, and Semistsu parts 2750 yen

DSC08626.jpg

RGZ-95C ReZEL 1680 yen

DSC08627.jpg

Gotcha Gotcha Gashapon my unhealthy obession when I was there about 2400 yen[/QUOTE]

Haha I loved seeing the Crunching Dog and other hilarious USB gadgets they had when I was there

[quote name='Fatso2027']Well, since people think it could be good, I'll try out a pickup video, I do have a lot of pickups that have been piling up, so a video might work better :)[/QUOTE]
Better be in at least 720p. ;)

[quote name='DLsemen']C'mon dude! Please, just stop already.[/QUOTE]

Well atleast he didn't start the video flashing gang signs.

So far this month

Panasonic DMP-BD45P Blu Ray Player-$133.00
Afro Samurai Blu-$11.99
The Dark Knight Blu-$9.99

All from Amazon

Also got Darksiders for $19.90 from gogamer.com. It's been a pretty good month, can't complain on my deals so far.

My pickups for the month

N64 games from Goodwill
DSC04173.jpg

DSC04182.jpg

From GameStop I picked up NBA Live, Onimusha, and Fur Fighters. Midnight Club & Wall E were 5 bucks each while Final Fantasy was 3.76 on Clearance at Target, and National Lampoon was picked up at a 99 Cent Store
cables.jpg

Music picked up at Goodwill, and Airplane was from Target for $1.86
DSC04175.jpg

Bought a second Team USA Baseball Cap
DSC04149.jpg

And my third replacement phone
DSC04178.jpg

I'm proud to say I finally cured my spending addiction. After I dropped $100 on eBay in one day, I just realized I wasn't getting the satisfaction I used to with buying everything. So I'm finally cured.. and proud of it. Finally, my money is going to be saved, and pile up. I may have small purchases every now and then, which is fine. But no where near what I was doing. Got Blinx The Time Sweeper for 4 bucks, but that should be it for awhile. You all won't be seeing too much of me anymore. Time to live my life, instead of dropping money online all the time.

If I were you, in addition to no longer buying up those used games left and right, I would sell all of that junk for whatever you can get for it, open up an account with E*TRADE, and put that money to work.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I'm proud to say I finally cured my spending addiction. After I dropped $100 on eBay in one day, I just realized I wasn't getting the satisfaction I used to with buying everything. So I'm finally cured.. and proud of it. Finally, my money is going to be saved, and pile up. I may have small purchases every now and then, which is fine. But no where near what I was doing. Got Blinx The Time Sweeper for 4 bucks, but that should be it for awhile. You all won't be seeing too much of me anymore. Time to live my life, instead of dropping money online all the time.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I've never seen anybody stop doing something they're "addicted" to over a few day span. If in two or three weeks you're spending maybe $20 or $30 a month on games, then hallelujah, you've done it! But, if you are able to finally be rid of your immense hunger for packing every single corner of your room with games no matter the quality, congrats. You may finally see some people take you seriously.

So I recorded a video.. uploaded it and it was out of sync by like 3 seconds...

I recorded another through YouTube and it's Uploaded (Still processing, please wait)...

ARGH

Well I got a darth vader mighty mug. Two bobble heads one a limited edition comic con from 2007. A ds lite, pokemon heart gold, locks quest, and dragon quest rocket slime.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Exactly what I plan to do... However, number 1 priority is my classes and passing them...[/QUOTE]
i figured it would be surving the ghetto you live in. i hear augusta is a major gang town. you might want to get a bullet proof vest with your next pick up. now that would be beast:)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Here you go:

Lightning Bundle!!! The Voltage on the slims are universal so yeah... I can use this at home without a converter! :D

I was going back and forth between this and a Jap :360: (I am currently on vacation in South Korea). This ultimately won out due to me wanting a slim (I already have a Phatty) and the fact that I love Final Fantasy XIII.

@fire_thief. I got 2 :ps3:'s now. Where is your 1 to play all those games you bought? ;)[/QUOTE]

That bundle is AWESOME! I've seen it before and wanted it....but I've opted to go for the Special Edition Chinese Bundle of FFXIII...it has a controller with the same art, the game, and some other stuff. I already have the game, so I'm gonna try to sell that....

[quote name='camelking6969']i figured it would be surving the ghetto you live in. i hear augusta is a major gang town. you might want to get a bullet proof vest with your next pick up. now that would be beast:)[/QUOTE]

You ain't lyin' brah... Ya'll wonder why I talk the way I do sometimes, or listen to rap... It's because of what's around me. How I'm influenced... Going to an all black school, I had to learn to defend myself. Augusta is no joke, it is extremely dangerous here, and there is about an 80 to 20 percent ratio on blacks to whites. It's crazy, but it's the only life I've ever known. Born and raised. The McDonald's I frequent had a young man shot and killed right there in the parking lot a few months ago. When I go to places, I'm usually the only white guy around. It's just a different kind of life down here. I've always wanted to know what living somewhere else would be like, but this is all I've ever known...

bread's done
Back