The Official CAG November 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Friday Blackness" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
curse this month

6316288246_01907ed0ed_b.jpg

Went to Target last night again for the last day of their Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale.

For the wife I picked up
:ds:
New Super Mario Brothers
Spongebob Truth or Square(Christmas present)

For the boys I picked up
:360:
Sesame Street Once Upon A Monster(Christmas present)

And for myself I picked up
Dead Rising 2 Off The Record

I should be done until I pick up my preorders this week. Damn November.....

Nothing too exciting over the weekend, but should be getting a good amount of stuff this week!

2011-11-07_08-18-02_224.jpg

Metroid from AWD for $13. Not the greatest condition, but I really can't complain for the price.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']

IMG_0556.jpg

Wonder which one I am going to play.... ;)[/QUOTE]

Have you opened up the MGS Collection? If so, how is the art book? Is it worth the premium price?

IMG_0121.jpg

So far...

Batman: Arkham Asylum (trade paperback) - $9
Rambo (blu ray collection) - $25
Need for Speed: Prostreet - $10
Last Remnant - $15 (came with $10 Best Buy gift card after purchasing both this and NFS: Prostreet)
Crackdown 2 - $5.36
Warioware Touched - $13
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men - $4.33
WWE: All Stars - $13

Got my MGS HD Collection LE in today and damn, really didn't expect it to be as big as it is. I pretty much was just thinking it was going to be a 360 game, with a same sized artbook strapped into a cool cardboard case.

2011-11-09_17-31-51_405.jpg

One more below for a size comparison.

2011-11-09_17-31-21_222.jpg

Yesterday's pickups:
IMAG0632.jpg

Definitely didn't expect either to be as big as they are. Neither fit on the shelf! Had to rearrange the top of my game shelf and make a new shelf for all of the swag(damn you swag). I'll post pictures later.

Skyrim tomorrow!

My personal view of collecting is that it's only as impressive as the amount you care about the items. That's why I can't understand the appeal of collecting games just to collect. Ah well, I drink instead.

Copped for $40 ($80 retail):
Supra%20Thunder%20Hightop%20Tuf%20White.jpg

hope they fit, otherwise they'll make a nice gift to someone.

Today's pickups:
IMAG0636.jpg

Look at the size of that fucker!

The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim Collector's Edition
The Club
Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
Otomedius Excellent Special Edition

Not really a pick up but an experience had. (there was no swag to be had)
info

IMAG0331.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0332.jpg

The game was really fun. As was the dungeon layout. These next few days are going to be long.

Some small pick ups before shit goes to hell quick...

First off, concert merch.

IMG_0122.jpg

Dillinger Escape Plan shirt - $30
Mastodon zip up hoodie - $50

IMG_0124.jpg

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 controller - $19
Dance Central 2 - $18
XBox 360 Bluetooth headset - $26
PS2/PS3 component cables - $9

IMG_0125.jpg

Brothers in Arms -$5.93
Front Mission Evolved - $7.30
Ninja Blade - $6.82

Last edited by a moderator:
2011-11-12_18-54-47_175.jpg

Picked up Madden and BBT S4 on Blu off eBay.

2011-11-09_17-23-08_778.jpg

Got the MW3 controller off eBay as well.

2011-11-12_18-55-07_468.jpg

Got MW3 from the Kmart deals and there's the MW3 controller opened. I love it to death.

2011-11-12_18-58-36_752.jpg

Got Uncharted 3 from the Kmart sales as well to get the 50 coupon. Paid 100 for it and Mw3 combined, gonna get Skyrim for 10. Not too bad at all. Really enjoying all of my pickups for November so far.

[quote name='Scorch']Proof that at least one person did, in fact, buy the Wii version ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha...I need to purchase a 360, considering some of the BF deals. The Wii is my only console at the moment so I picked it up after playing the previous COD games.

Had an expiring B2G1 coupon and some credit to burn at GS. Found a few things. The new GS stickers are awful, they come off relatively easily but they leave a lot of residue :/
PB110107.jpg

MGS Graphic Novel is obviously the pick of the litter, and the Shadow manual (which I needed to complete my copy) was actually in the SMS case :V
PB120126.jpg

And this was the best stuff from a CL pick-up earlier this month. All of it needed a massive amount of cleaning, but it was well worth the $30. Not pictured is 20 or so random controllers and cords, 2 Playstations, a PSOne with the portable screen, and 2 Genesis, one of which was non-TMSS :D

[quote name='aptanor']Had an expiring B2G1 coupon and some credit to burn at GS. Found a few things. The new GS stickers are awful, they come off relatively easily but they leave a lot of residue :/
MGS Graphic Novel is obviously the pick of the litter, and the Shadow manual (which I needed to complete my copy) was actually in the SMS case :VAnd this was the best stuff from a CL pick-up earlier this month. All of it needed a massive amount of cleaning, but it was well worth the $30. Not pictured is 20 or so random controllers and cords, 2 Playstations, a PSOne with the portable screen, and 2 Genesis, one of which was non-TMSS :D[/QUOTE]

Did you score the Jack Bros game too or just the box? If you did that is a great find! One of the harder games to find on the Virtual Boy other than some of the imports.

[quote name='gbpackers94']
7343841e.jpg

Ebony and ivory.[/QUOTE]

I was going to post a picture, but I'll just quote this instead, because that's exactly what I got the other day. Same consoles even.

[quote name='skiizim']Did you score the Jack Bros game too or just the box? If you did that is a great find! One of the harder games to find on the Virtual Boy other than some of the imports.[/QUOTE]
It's complete :D

[quote name='aptanor']It's complete :D[/QUOTE]
:applause:

I guess I'll post a pic of what I've gotten this month (so far.) Wait a tick...

Here we go:
516828242o.jpg

DSCF0147-1.jpg

DSCF0148-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked this up used on Amazon marketplace. Mine is actually black. I'm really happy with it so far.
1a16186e.jpg

Power Rangers Green Ranger watch and tin:
bf111559.jpg

Signed Luke Bryan cd. Really, really good album. Highly recommended by me.
5c8f8a88.jpg

Last week, I was in Nashville with some friends for the CMA Awards. Nashville is an incredible city, and the show was one of the best musical events I've ever been too. Everyone in attendance got a free flashlight key chain (i forgot to take a pic of it, but it's generic, no logos. It was for audience participation during one of the performances), and this program. This, I am impressed with. It wasn't advertised as included when buying the tickets, and the thing is really thick and high quality. Easily could have sold for $35.
ae43ff28.jpg

In anticipation of Black Friday, I have bought surprisingly little for myself so far this month...

201111pickups.jpg

I got Devil Survivor when it was cheap on Amazon and the puzzle collection was free from Konami. I bought Clash of Heroes during TRU's B2G1 sale...the other games I got were Domino Rally and Drawn To Life Collection for Wii. I forgot to take a picture of the former and I returned the latter to the store once I remembered that I already have it.

201111pickups2.jpg

Got this from a CAG who was nice enough to pick it up for me at his local Walmart. He only asked for cost plus shipping, so I'm very grateful. And yes, those are my previous pictures on the laptop in the background. I was checking to see if I had already posted pictures of these things 'cause I lost track of when I bought them.

201111pickups3.jpg

201111pickups4.jpg

Got all of these pretty cheap. The first three games were on sale at TRU and the other two were on sale at Target (although I got them at Walmart with a pricematch). We also finally got a copy of Sorry! not too long ago. My wife kicks my ass at Trouble, but I rule at The Logo Game.

Most of my money has been spent on Lalaloopsy dolls. My wife is crazy about those things, so I decided to help complete her collection for Christmas...and these things are not cheap.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Picked this up used on Amazon marketplace. Mine is actually black. I'm really happy with it so far.[/QUOTE]
Have you tried viewing the video on an HDTV yet? That's one of the cameras I was considering for my wife, but I'm concerned that it won't look good on a 50" TV.

[quote name='Drclaw411']

Signed Luke Bryan cd. Really, really good album. Highly recommended by me.
5c8f8a88.jpg

[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Tailgates & Tanlines eh? sounds groundbreaking.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Tailgates & Tanlines eh? sounds groundbreaking.[/QUOTE]

No offense to the dude that digs that album, but this got a snicker out of me, lol.

Man, I've got so much shit from garage sales and whatnot this month... I'll have to get it all lookin' pretty so you guys can fap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back