The Official CAG November 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Friday Blackness" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ZerotypeX']Really?...Went to a mall and saw a few of them at a Game shop (board games, puzzles, etc..). It was $40 when I took a gander at it. Is Risk a fun game? Never played it before.[/QUOTE]

This is not the regular Risk, its the Metal Gear Solid Edition of Risk.
Its the Limited Edition one that sold out on USAopoly.

I was getting one for a friend in Canada and somehow got 2.

[quote name='adriley313']This is not the regular Risk, its the Metal Gear Solid Edition of Risk.
Its the Limited Edition one that sold out on USAopoly.

I was getting one for a friend in Canada and somehow got 2.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='salty tbone']There's a regular version and a limited edition, which is selling for around $150 on eBay. Only difference is the box art. Risk is fun with the right people. Haven't played the MGS version yet, though.[/QUOTE]

My bad guys, totally missed the red LE letters on the bottom of the box in the epic.

Picked up a complete copy of Picross DS at Gamestop, was going to get Retro Game Master but they only had the cart. Got 2 MicroSDs from Radioshack. Tomorrow, I'm buying a few DVDs.

Today's Black Friday pickups! I couldn't deny these deals.

IMAG0648.jpg

:360:
Dance Central 2-$15
Homefront-$15
Kinect Sports Season Two-$15

:ds:
Spongebob Vs. The Big One Beach Party Cookoff-$15(not on sale, but the wife wanted it)

:br:
Madmen Season Two-$9

IMAG0649.jpg

CDs-all $3 a piece at Best Buy
The Best of The Allman Brothers Band
Aerosmith Classics Live
Martin Scorsese Presents Stevie Ray Vaughan
The Best of Buddy Guy
The Best of Jackson 5

I'm sure I'm not done either, as I have some unspent Powerup Rewards points to use at Gamestop.

Camera is broken but

• DJ Hero game and turntable bundle - $4.99
  • DJ Hero 2 game and turntable bundle - $14.99
  • Dirt 3 - $14.99
  • Killzone 3 - $28.something
  • Battlefiled 3 - $30.00 (gift)
I also got some random Bluetooth headset for the PS3 and two hats from a store named Lids.
Total - $170. My two hats cost more than anything on this list hah.

I had epic success this Black Friday and never left home. Almost none of this stuff is for me.

Amazon

41nk7uQ1thL._SX100_.jpg

Toshiba Thrive 10.1 Android Tablet - $199.99

41gzCKUDrAL._SX100_.jpg

TCL L40FHDF11TA 40-Inch 1080p 60 Hz LCD HDTV - $199.99

51EKidYBcdL._SX100_.jpg

Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect w/ $50 GC - $199.99

511syg8klyL._SX100_.jpg

Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures and Gunstringer Token Code - $99.99

31w98oLR9LL._SY100_.jpg

ASUS (RT-N13U/B) Wireless-N 300 Home Router - $19.99 AR

31kbFfBR9GL._SY100_.jpg

Philips Norelco 7310XL Men's Shaving System - $7.97 AR

21IX3o2uPoL._SY100_.jpg

Kingston Digital 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive - $11.99

61FJEtTSs1L._SX100_.jpg

Scribblenauts - $7.99

714vf7eP4GL._SY100_.jpg

Blink 182-Neighborhoods - $4.99

BestBuy

51ZwWoN4wyL._AA115_.jpg

Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Value Bundle with Kinect - $199

71eUBUe5CEL._AA115_.png

Dynex 37" Class / LCD / 720p / 60Hz / HDTV-DX-37L200A12 - $239

3116mpMRTeL._AA115_.jpg

Dynex Wi-Fi Built-in Blu-ray Player-DX-WBRDVD1 - $49.99

JC Penney

513vp9rR18L._AA115_.jpg

KitchenAid Red 16pc Cutlery Triple Rivet Set - $39.88 AR

41SgEosNDvL._AA115_.jpg

Cooks Belgian Flip Waffle Maker - $9.88 AR

Lowe's

899441002038sm.jpg

12 GAL SOLID LIDDED CRATE x 8 - $21.92

6923861191158sm.jpg

Utilitech 60 AA Batteries - $8

I'm spent.

From BestBuy.com:
$10 Bioshock 2 Collectors Edition :360:
$35 Assassin's Creed Revelations :360:
$30 Disney Universe :ps3: (Gift)
$40 Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 :ps3: (Gift)
$10 Harry Potter 7 part 2 :br:
$6 LMFAO CD :-({|= (Gift)
$3 GNR CD :-({|=

From Gamestop:
$15 Heavy Rain Director's Cut :ps3:

From Amazon:
$28 Batman Arkham City :360:
$5 Blink 182 CD :-({|=
$5 One Republic CD :-({|=
$9 Mad Men Season 4 :br: (Gift)
$10 Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader :br:
$10 X-Men First Class :br:

From Newegg:
$30 Metal Gear Solid HD Collection :360:

Free shipping on everything ordered online. I think I've done very well for two days. :applause:

Went to the flea market today and picked up House of the Dead III for :xbox:, Starfox Adventures for :gc: and Buried on :br: all for $15. I couldn't argue with that.

[FONT=&quot]Month is quickly coming to an end, so trying to get these Nov pick-ups in before December. Too many packages coming in every other day along with bags and bags of items to sort through, makes for constant updating which I try to avoid. These are a few items purchased before the big Black Friday sales started.

77IKF.jpg

[/FONT] LOTR: WITN CE - $139.99 (Amazon)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection LE [PS3] - $79.99 (Gamestop)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 HE [360] - $99.99 (Gamestop)
[FONT=&quot]Metal Gear Solid HD Collection LE [360] - $79.99 (Gamestop)

Im3h0.jpg

[/FONT] Kinectimals w/ Bears [FAO TRU Excl] - $59.99 (TRU)
Saints Row 3 Platinum Pack - $99.99 (Gamestop)
Otomedius Excellent SE - $49.99 (Gamestop)
[FONT=&quot]Once Upon A Monster [TRU Excl] - $24.99 (TRU)

cVckH.jpg

[/FONT] Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper - $8.xx (CAG deal online random site)
The First Templar - $14.99 (NewEgg)
Civilization Revolution - $19.99 (Amazon)
De Blob 2 – free (TRU)
Samurai Western - $28.25 (Amazon)
Back to the Future - $19.99 (Gamestop)
Me and My Katamari - $9.99 (Amazon)
Battle B-Daman: Fire Spirits - $1.00 (F.Y.E.)
Steel Diver - $19.99 (TRU)
Dual Pen Sports - $19.99 (TRU)
Gabrielle’s Ghostly Groove - $25.74 (Amazon)
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai & Zero - $13.28 (Amazon)
Monster Rancher DS - $29.99 (Fry’s)
Monster Racers DS - $29.99 (Fry’s)
[FONT=&quot]Draglade - $14.44 (Amazon)

3xhjL.jpg

[/FONT] Uncharted 3 CE Guide - $17.99 (Amazon)
Disney Universe CE Guide - $22.39 (Amazon)
Skylander Drill Sergeant [Sam’s Club Excl] - $7.99 (Sam's Club)
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim CE Guide - $23.52 (Amazon)
Plushies – free (Gamestop pre-order swag)
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

These are my pick up for a good chunk of the month. Didn't really get anything from Black Friday either.

Main haul.
IMAG0361.jpg

Can anyone else that got MGS Risk and that has opened it check how many cities they got? I was short changed...Contacting USAopoly. Also got MGS HD mainly for the art book. And what an art book it is. Got LoZ:SS at midnight launch, haven't stopped playing it since.:D. Found Raystorm at a Buybacks for a few $'s.

IMAG0354.jpg

Found all this at a thrift store for a few bucks. A bunch of Intellevision game pad inserts and manuals. (If anyone needs any let me know). Fling Smash guy was $0.50. The Wavebird was $1.50 but missing the receiver :cry:.

IMAG0355.jpg

Found these NES games and this sealed Tandy game at the same thrift store.

IMAG0360.jpg

Got these form Gamestops B2G1 sale. PSP and DS games are getting crazy cheap now. Also has anyone else thought the cover for MGS2 substance had a giant coffee stain on it? I was bummed when I saw this until I saw the manual had the same "stain" lol.

IMAG0356.jpg

Got these from a trade on Craigslist. Traded a modded PS1 that I basically got for free. Morrowind has the map too! woo. Going to flip most everything else besides Otogi and KOTOR.

November has been fun.

Pre-Black Friday stuff (sorry about the blurry camera pictures):

dvd1.jpg

From CAG lowball (Australia, The Brothers Bloom, Inside Man, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Reservoir Dogs)

dvd2.jpg

Stanley Kubrick Collection (amazon.uk)
The Ricky Gervais Show Season 2 (warnerbros.com)
Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown from Best Buy trade in program
The Man with No Name Trilogy, The Office 10th Anniversary Edition and Sin City (amazon)

dvd3.jpg

(Paths of Glory, The Killing, Island of Lost Souls, If...) Barnes & Noble Criterion sale
Skyrim (gamestop)

dvd4.jpg

Black Friday week amazon deals that already came in:
Lord of the Rings Extended Edition blu-ray set
Mimic: Director's Cut
Dr. Strangelove

I'm going to have a lot of stuff coming in, so I might as well get caught up...

Cheap little cloth poster I got for about $2:
201111pickups8.jpg

A few random pickups from last week:
201111pickups9.jpg

Sing 4 was free and I unfortunately can't get it to recognize microphones for some reason. The Zoom was $15 at Costco and well worth the money. It has some trouble with tracking hands if you're too far, but it's great for cramped rooms. Those PSP cases are absolute rubbish and will be going back. If anyone can recommend some good ones (at an affordable price), I would appreciate it.

Got a free original Xbox with two games from my brother-in-law. Someone gave it to his future step-daughter for her birthday and she didn't want it, so they gave it to us:
201111pickups10.jpg

My first batch of Black Friday orders. Most of these movies will probably be given as presents, but I have to figure out what should go where:
201111pickups11.jpg

Skyward Sword and Zelda 3DS at Gamestop
Random Nintendo swag from the "Nintendo Experience" because they liked my 3DS
Inglorious Basterds from BestBuy.com instore pick up 15 min after order

[quote name='chard19']Random Nintendo swag from the "Nintendo Experience" because they liked my 3DS [/QUOTE]

What is "Nintendo Experience"?

It's a demo area in the mall where they have different games to play like Mario kart 7 and skyward sword. They try to show off gifts for the holidays and hand out swag. There was a giant costumed Pikachu there last weekend.

I think my mall last year had something to that effect.. I may look there again this year for some swag.

The best mall thing yet was the Pokemon tour. I got so much free stuff and had a great pokemon adventure.

Squarehard, I know I'm probably the last person in the world who should be asking this, given the amount of purchases I make, but what do you do that allows you to afford such a huge collection of games/anime?

[quote name='thecoryjihad']Squarehard, I know I'm probably the last person in the world who should be asking this, given the amount of purchases I make, but what do you do that allows you to afford such a huge collection of games/anime?[/QUOTE]

I'm actually currently unemployed and going back to school, but I've worked for a long time and have saved up a bit of backup funds over the years, so that's pretty much what I'm using to make my purchases. It'll run dry soon, but for now, the $1100+ I've spent this month alone is still in the safe zone. :p

I get paid every two weeks which I hate, because I get my check and it's like "holy crap, this is a ton of money." Then I blow it all the first week and spend the second week with eight dollars in the bank.

Part one of my thanksgiving week of savings

zk0cs.jpg

Kinect 4GB 360- $199 Amazon. Kind of mad at amazon right now my 360 power supply fan was really loud so I asked if I could return the 360 and get a new one from them and they would only do a refund :cry:. So I am waiting on Microsoft to send me a new power supply for it.

photonov3023524pm.jpg

Probably besides the 360 for $199 my deal of the month was getting :wii: Flingsmash bundle "used" for $13ish after tax and shipping, although the box is a little roughed up it is still sealed :D.

:3ds: Dual Pen Sports $16
:3ds: Bust a Move Universe $10
:3ds: Asphalt 3d $8
:360: De Blob 2 $6 (Target clearance)
:ps3: Heavy Rain $15.

More to come, Best Buy was a great online seller this year but there shipping is slow as shit. :cold:

[quote name='lhfan04']Part one of my thanksgiving week of savings

Kinect 4GB 360- $199 Amazon. Kind of mad at amazon right now my 360 power supply fan was really loud so I asked if I could return the 360 and get a new one from them and they would only do a refund :cry:. So I am waiting on Microsoft to send me a new power supply for it.[/QUOTE]

The majority of Slim power supplys are on the loud side. I exchanged mine 3 times before I gave up.

[quote name='lhfan04']

More to come, Best Buy was a great online seller this year but there shipping is slow as shit. :cold:[/QUOTE]
So it's not just me then. I Made an order of Shaun White, Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Tropico 4 last Thursday and only Shaun White has shipped. Though my separate single order of Dead Island has shipped. Plus I'm planning to just list everything I get once it all gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back