The Official CAG November 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='stiner']Thought I might start posting here this month rather than just the thirft store now and then.

I picked these up from Goodwill this past week.
102_0713.jpg

$3 each, just traded for a NES last week and this was my first NES find since I started hunting early summer.

102_0700.jpg

$3 again, already sold Super Mario World as its the third time I've owned it.

102_0697.jpg

102_0702.jpg

$3 from a local thrift, no controller or a/v cable but it works great. So if I never find either it will be a great back up.

Some other stuff.
102_0701.jpg

Watched the first few episodes on Crunchyroll free trial and just had to have it. But NISA didn't have it in stock until a week ago or so.

102_0710.jpg

Final Fantasy IV is my favorite so I just had to have a boxed copy!

And your probably all thinking I have extremely dirty carpet but thats the way it has always been since I got it off a job years ago.

And heres the NES I traded for.
102_0693.jpg

Traded a Saturn with NBA Jam and Street Fighter the Movie for the NES, Dr. Mario, and Top Gun, the others I grabbed from V-stock. And that reminds me they had a sale earlier November and I had some spare scrap metal cash to spend so I went a little crazy...will post if anyones interested.

Thinking about posting my Collection/set-up after this week is over. I'll be getting new carpet and a couch so after all that![/QUOTE]

nice. u still rock your PS1?

[quote name='The Punisher']nice. u still rock your PS1?[/QUOTE]

Yep, I like playing games on their original consoles for some odd reason. It's not always hooked up but easy enough to plug in.

Damn you, skiizim, you beat me to it. Oh well, here's some stuff I picked up sometime between last month and last weekend. I really can't remember when I bought any of it...
201211pickups.jpg

Just some random stuff. The BK toys are Mario, a Koopa shell, and the Wii U GamePad mustache maker. I also have the Mario and Luigi boxes but didn't see much reason to include them. The Lego Man is from a pre-order for Lego City Undercover. I tossed it in the cart and forgot about it, so it ended up being free.

And now for my first Wii U purchase:
201211pickups2.jpg

One of the guys at GameStop was trying to tell me that I couldn't buy it because the Wii U isn't out yet (he also thought it uses DVD's for its games), but I know damn well that the release date was yesterday. Thankfully, the guy actually handling my order didn't give me any trouble. He even asked me to open it up so he could gawk at the new proprietary rounded disc. Heh. Even though I can't play it yet, I'm super excited (especially since this means I can play the game as soon as I pick up the console). And I absolutely love the new game cases.

[quote name='Olengie']Blu-Rays are from Dollar Tree.[/QUOTE]
Damn, I wish our Dollar Tree would sell Blurays, even if they are just Ernest movies.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']
IMG_1060.jpg
[/QUOTE]
What is that exactly?

Read Red as Fred. :lol:

Anywho, nice pick ups! The Wii U looks awesome, and I actually tried it a week ago at Best Buy. Pretty fun. Haha. The Game Cases look superb as well

You guys like the color of the Wii U cases? Personally I hate it. Seriously, that happens to be the one specific color I've had an irrational hatred for my entire life.

[quote name='slainviper']You guys like the color of the Wii U cases? Personally I hate it. Seriously, that happens to be the one specific color I've had an irrational hatred for my entire life.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind the color of the cases, I just wish they were blu-ray sized. They fit so much more ergonomically in displays!

@ZombieToast, that's some sort of Assassasins Creed III collectors edition from Ubisoft.

>_< I had to google it when he first posted it as well because I was bit dumfounded by it.

[quote name='slainviper']You guys like the color of the Wii U cases? Personally I hate it. Seriously, that happens to be the one specific color I've had an irrational hatred for my entire life.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I dig that color. The new ipod touch I got is that color also.

Ah, okay, thanks for the clarification. I'm an AC fan, so I knew it had something to do with the game, but I didn't know if it was a review copy or something. Companies used to send me some awesome packages with review copies, and it reminded me of that. It's kinda reminiscent of stuff that came with Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Gods Eater Burst.

I do indeed like it quite a bit. I'd be happy with anything besides white, green, or especially black...but this is particularly easy on the eyes.

Oh man, I loves me some Gemfire. 'Twas one of my favorite NES games. I really wish they would make a new one (or even just port it) for Windows Phone and/or the current consoles.

My mail carrier's gonna hate me for the next few weeks as it's gonna be a rapid fire of Bandai deliveries.

2ccs953.jpg

21b3doz.jpg

Made the right call to buy some of these when I did. .hack//SIGN and Gurren Lagann were marked as "We'll Get It For You," so I jumped on ordering them. They were then processed and shipped. The next day? Removed from RightStuf's listings. While Cowboy Bebop's movie isn't by Bandai, I figured "Why not?" It was cheap. G Gundam Collection II was running low on the inventory count, so I dived on getting both volumes. Good thing I did, since there were only 6 before I bought it. Minutes later, it was sold out and removed.

My mail carrier loves me and my anime packages every week.

Every time he brings packages to my door and ring the doorbell and then tells me how I'm keeping him employed with all the stuff I receive, lol.

CIMG0612.jpg

Sealed version of Othello, Rave Master v. 1. Got Angels and Demons cause I was giving my copy to my cousin. Though The Matrix and Philosophy would be an interesting read.

IMAG0177.jpg

$25 for the $50 Eshop card- had a GS giftcard

$80 for gum, soda, and 9 sealed copies of KH 3D from Target- were marked $10.06 each in the bargin section then they were having a 3DS 50% off sale I guess after looking at my receipt.

Got a $5 off coupon next time I spend $50 at Target. And I got a $25 American Express Small Shop giftcard in the mail. I was 1/40000 to like something on Facebook and won!!

[quote name='juangrande386']
IMAG0177.jpg

$25 for the $50 Eshop card- had a GS giftcard

$80 for gum, soda, and 9 sealed copies of KH 3D from Target- were marked $10.06 each in the bargin section then they were having a 3DS 50% off sale I guess after looking at my receipt.

Got a $5 off coupon next time I spend $50 at Target. And I got a $25 American Express Small Shop giftcard in the mail. I was 1/40000 to like something on Facebook and won!![/QUOTE]

Why is that game being clearanced out already?

photoxfn.jpg

[quote name='juangrande386']IDK! I already have 2 going to Amazon for $48. Every site I checked still has the game at $39.99[/QUOTE]

It's only $35.99 from Amazon directly, so not sure why you're listing it for $48, lol.

And it can be had for even less from other sellers used. I think you may have been looking at the wrong listing. ^_-

[quote name='Squarehard']

It's only $35.99 from Amazon directly, so not sure why you're listing it for $48, lol.

And it can be had for even less from other sellers used. I think you may have been looking at the wrong listing. ^_-[/QUOTE]

I think he traded 2 in at $24 each.

[quote name='Tempius']I think he traded 2 in at $24 each.[/QUOTE]

At least you could figure it out, it was pretty complicated :roll:

As a heads up to anybody that waned the MadCatz Halo 4 Trigger headset but hasn't pulled the trigge, BUY ONE NOW.

I asked for it as a Christmas gift but when browsing for it I found that most retailers are out of stock. Knowing that my wife hadn't picked one up for me yet I franticly started searching for them. They are now in the $100 range on eBay.

GameStop has limited quantities spread around at full price of $59.99
Best Buy has them listed on their website for just $49.99 +free shipping

I pulled the trigger at BestBuy.com, but noticed many other sites have pulled the listing, are are far above MSRP.

Amazon
Walmart
Target
Buy.com

[quote name='Blumpkin']As a heads up to anybody that waned the MadCatz Halo 4 Trigger headset but hasn't pulled the trigge, BUY ONE NOW.

I asked for it as a Christmas gift but when browsing for it I found that most retailers are out of stock. Knowing that my wife hadn't picked one up for me yet I franticly started searching for them. They are now in the $100 range on eBay.

GameStop has limited quantities spread around at full price of $59.99
Best Buy has them listed on their website for just $49.99 +free shipping

I pulled the trigger at BestBuy.com, but noticed many other sites have pulled the listing, are are far above MSRP.

Amazon
Walmart
Target
Buy.com[/QUOTE]

Is this a good headset? I'm thinkng about selling my Halo Reach wireless mic for a better headset.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Is this a good headset? I'm thinkng about selling my Halo Reach wireless mic for a better headset.[/QUOTE]

It's only a stereo headset, not surround sound. The reviews are pretty positive, it's a hundred times better than the default headset, but not nearly as good as a $300 surround sound set. Good value for what it is.

I just got done playing it, in between running around in the morning and doing errands in the afternoon I finally got some Wii U time. I think it's a great improvement, we will see how third party support plays out.

Anybody get the singing game? I really liked Lips but it's hard to compare a game to that. Tekken Tag was a blast, I just wish the Pro Controller had a little weight to it, I feel like I'm going break it.

Originally Posted by wiggyx
I haz no money for teh Wiiz :(

This is the first Nintendo home console that I didn't buy on launch day :(
='(

[quote name='skiizim']I just got done playing it, in between running around in the morning and doing errands in the afternoon I finally got some Wii U time. I think it's a great improvement, we will see how third party support plays out.

Anybody get the singing game? I really liked Lips but it's hard to compare a game to that. Tekken Tag was a blast, I just wish the Pro Controller had a little weight to it, I feel like I'm going break it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wiggyx']I haz no money for teh Wiiz :(

This is the first Nintendo home console that I didn't buy on launch day :([/QUOTE]

='(

I have the money, but no one has any Wii U around here. :( Couldn't even preorder since they either ended before I could or weren't being taken. Guess I can at least look forward to what I have on layaway for Black Friday until GameStop starts providing enough Wii U for those on the waiting list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back