The Official CAG November 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='wiggyx']I haz no money for teh Wiiz :(

This is the first Nintendo home console that I didn't buy on launch day :([/QUOTE]

After watching all the lets play videos I don't think you're missing anything. IMO it's a wii with better graphics.

It's still going to be a considered a console for casual gamers. It will have sales just like the Wii but that's because it's nintendo and of course soccer moms and young kids make the sales.
Sales mean nothing though. Wii has sales but anyone here will tell you their Wii is a door stop or paper weight.

I forsee when the new Sony and Microsoft consoles come out they will overshadow the WiiU and it will get the same kind of attention the wii gets now with this gen of consoles.

[quote name='needler420']After watching all the lets play videos I don't think you're missing anything. IMO it's a wii with better graphics.

It's still going to be a considered a console for casual gamers.

I forsee when the new Sony and Microsoft consoles come out they will overshadow the WiiU and it will get the same kind of attention the wii gets now with this gen of consoles.[/QUOTE]

I could not have said it better myself. It'll be pretty much just a 1st party game machine again for me.

[quote name='needler420']After watching all the lets play videos I don't think you're missing anything. IMO it's a wii with better graphics.

It's still going to be a considered a console for casual gamers. It will have sales just like the Wii but that's because it's nintendo and of course soccer moms and young kids make the sales.
Sales mean nothing though. Wii has sales but anyone here will tell you their Wii is a door stop or paper weight.

I forsee when the new Sony and Microsoft consoles come out they will overshadow the WiiU and it will get the same kind of attention the wii gets now with this gen of consoles.[/QUOTE]

This is probably true. I will say, though, that some of the experiences I had on Wii this gen have been fantastic, and I really don't like that system at all. I like the Wii U quite a bit more already, so even if it is just a first party/exclusive machine, the future still looks fairly bright.

If youre gonna call it a Wii with better graphics then well just call the PS3 a PS2 with better graphics and the 360 just an Xbox with better graphics.

As I mentioned on other sites, Nintendo doesnt care if your Wii is a door stop, a paper weight, or everyones favorite line because theyre so clever "collecting dust". They made their money off the system and couldnt care less what people are doing with it.

This thing is definitely more than just a Wii with better graphics. You can't accurately judge a console based on a few gameplay videos. I loved the Wii and I still play it, but this is a very different experience. The graphics are impressive, sure, but it's the overall interface that makes it stand out. Instead of making you feel shut off from the rest of the world like the Wii, the Wii U really comes alive when connected to the internet. Even though it still has a few kinks that need to be worked out, the Miiverse integration is a very nice and it adds a sense of community that you don't get with any other console. And using the GamePad is a really satisfying experience. It obviously isn't for everyone, but I think the Wii U may replace the 360 as my favorite console.

We still have to wait and see what third-party support will be like, but I'm not worried. Between expected sales and the Wii U's capabilities, I think the support will be there. The eShop alone is bound to make this the go-to console for indie developers because it allows them to set their own prices, have sales whenever they want, and release patches for free.

photorqh.jpg

A bit late on posting this, but got the Wii U, along with ZombiU, this past Sunday. I didn't have a preorder, so I took a risk and went to a TRU about 1.5 hours before opening. It was surprisingly easy and not a hassle at all(well, aside from waking up at 6am on a Sunday). I was 5th in line, and I think there was 8 or 9 of us by the time they opened the doors and let us in. When I got the Wii on release day, the line literally went around the block and wrapped around to the back of the store. Anyways, I'm having a blast with both games. The minigames in NintendoLand are surprisingly fun.

C9hc7l.jpg

Also, bought NBA 2k13 along with Halo 4, but that was earlier in the month.

After hearing about P4G from Amazon i am glad I actually ordered through Gamestop once. The box is in great shape but one of the sticker sheets inside was mispackaged aka bent in half =(. Not sure what to do with the duplicate Vita pre order skin since it is the same one...

Also more $2.50 PS2 games!

As aforementioned, I went to the Nintendo World Store in NYC on Friday, so ALL THE SWAG.

Sorry about the pic quality above, but it's:
-4 notebooks and 4 folders for Super Mario 3d land, Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Mario Kart 7.
-A blue/white Nintendo World Store shirt.
-A retro grayish black NES shirt.
-A red Mario Nintendo World Store shirt.
-Regigigas (?) plush for a friend.
-Pikachu action figure for a friend.
-Mario lunchbox.
-Zelda lanyard.
-8-bit Mario playing cards.
-Mario mug.

And, gaming related:

Scribblenauts Unlimited
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Tennis Open

So, in the past 30some days, all my game pickups:

Pokemon Heart Gold
Pokemon Black
Pokemon Black 2
Virtue's Last Reward
Starfox 64 3D
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Scribblenauts Unlimited
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Tennis Open
Kingdom Hearts 3D

[quote name='wiggyx']The Wii U is like the SNES; Every game has "U" after it just like so many SNES games were "Super" this and that LOL![/QUOTE]
N64 and Wii were pretty bad about it at times too. It also happens with 3DS, but not nearly as much as I expected.

It just seemed especially bad with the SNES. Only the oldest N64 and Wii games stuck N64/Wii after the title, but it seems like SNES games were "super" to the very end. Dunno, maybe it's just me.

The "U" thing prolly won't last long at the end of titles, especially 3rd party games I imagine.

[quote name='wiggyx']The Wii U is like the SNES; Every game has "U" after it just like so many SNES games were "Super" this and that LOL![/QUOTE]

[quote name='ZombieToast']N64 and Wii were pretty bad about it at times too. It also happens with 3DS, but not nearly as much as I expected.[/QUOTE]
The GBA and DS also did this by adding "Advance" or having a two-word subtitle that starts with D and S.

Got these on Tuesday.
2z7h0xy.jpg

x3irz7.jpg

Yeah, agreed. Though I don't mind too much, since I finally managed to pick up the Blu-ray for less than $20. So it's all good. :)

[quote name='wiggyx']It just seemed especially bad with the SNES. Only the oldest N64 and Wii games stuck N64/Wii after the title, but it seems like SNES games were "super" to the very end. Dunno, maybe it's just me.

The "U" thing prolly won't last long at the end of titles, especially 3rd party games I imagine.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I get what you're saying and you're probably right. I really don't feel like trying to count all of the offending games for each system, but I am fairly certain that SNES had over 200 "Super" games. That's a huge chunk out of the entire library.

And I agree, I don't foresee games including "U" very often. Nintendo games definitely will, but it hopefully won't extend much beyond that.

[quote name='Tsukento']The GBA and DS also did this by adding "Advance" or having a two-word subtitle that starts with D and S.[/QUOTE]
I don't know why I didn't include them. They just didn't stand out to me at the time, I guess.

[quote name='skiizim']Me and the mouse are ready, I'm good without the crowd though! Hell, I don't even think I can make it out this BF I have a baby due in 12 days. >_

[quote name='skiizim']Missed out on BF, I might go out later on tonight to pick up scraps but it's ok. this is what I brought home this year.

IMG_2344.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh snap, you made out with the best haul on here! Hehe congratulations, he/she is so adorable!

Well went into Black Friday with no intention of buying anything and ended up with this.

opviQ.jpg

Didn't think I'd find most of this as I ended up not going to Walmart until 12am way after the 8pm doorbusters but got everything I wanted.

PS3 Superslim Bundle - $199
Gran Turismo 5 XL - $10
Battlefield 3 - $25
Borderlands 2 - $25
Twisted Metal - $25

Then tonight I also managed to get the Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter Collections off of Walmart.com for $10 and $15 respectively. Overall I'm out a little over $300 and quite thrilled that I am back into the PS3 after selling it all of a while back.

[quote name='skiizim']Missed out on BF, I might go out later on tonight to pick up scraps but it's ok. this is what I brought home this year.[/QUOTE]

Hah, grats.

Black Friday mini haul...

Bestbuy.com:
:ps3: Saints Row 3: The Full Package $24.99
:ps3: Move Sharpshooter $9.99

Wallmart:
:360: XCOM: Enemy Unknown $24.99
:360: Forza Horizon $14.99

Kmart:
:360: Max Payne 3 $8.99
:ps3: Max Payne 3 $8.99

Other random pickups from earlier in the month...

:ps3: Shadows of the Damned $11.99
:ps3: El Shaddai: Ascention of the Metatron $9.99
:360: Fallout 3: GOTY $9.99

Well lets see:

Black Friday Related/Bought Near Black Friday:
:br:Torchwood: Second Season (Best Buy)
:br:Torchwood: Children of Earth (Best Buy)
:ps3:Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale (Gamestop)
:360:Prototype 2: Blackwatch Edition (Amazon)
:ps3:Persona 4 Arena (Amazon)
:dvd:Doctor Who Season 1 (Amazon)
:360:Dead Island: GOTY (Best Buy)
:ps3:Assassin's Creed III (Best Buy)
:360:Darksiders II (Best Buy)
:br:The Hunger Games (Best Buy)
:br:Iron Man 2 (Best Buy)
:360:Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (Amazon)
:360:Lego Batman 2 (Amazon)
:dvd:The Big Bang Theory Season 5 (Amazon)
:br:Iron Man (Amazon)
:3DS:Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (Gamestop)
:3DS:Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (Gamestop)
:ps3:Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Gamestop)

Bought Everything Online except for the stuff at Gamestop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Squarehard']A Typhoon (the one on the left)
typhoonk.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Urusei Yatsura? I am quite jelly. :applause:

Picked this up at GameStop on Black Friday. Was first in line.
2lviyv8.jpg

Oh, a happy Black Friday it was!

14465C98-DF26-4261-B090-AE577E8317B6-3217-0000032EEE135557.jpg

5A0E77C1-7DA5-434D-B6FA-4E701B10CD05-3217-0000032EF4B4EA35.jpg

(sorry about the glare)
9E9EBFB3-032F-481E-BB3A-E47BCBA51158-3217-0000032EF964EE70.jpg

42D7FE75-8923-4B36-B2B9-6EF2572E98B4-3217-0000032EFCD93B3A.jpg

7E1F2481-D137-429C-8F73-344B473CDA1F-3217-0000032F01F47B39.jpg

B72D895A-DB05-48D9-AE3F-985331283888-3217-0000032FDDD4B958.jpg

The Amazing Spiderman: $10 (Microsoft Store)
Star Wars Kinect: $10 (Microsoft Store)
Fable: The Journey: $15 (Microsoft Store)
The Avengers: Battle for Earth $10 (Microsoft Store)
ZombiU, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Paper Mario Sticker Star: $10 and $12 off pre-orders (Newegg)
Angry Birds Trilogy: $15 (Walmart)
LittleBigPlanet Karting: $15 (Target and ShopKicker)
Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two: $10 off pre-order (Amazon)
Gold Flameslinger: $10 (Amazon)

This showed up on Thursday! :D

256em86.jpg

2coixwj.jpg

Since I have PlayStation Plus and recently got a Vita, I was also able to get the following:

-Uncharted: Golden Abyss
-Gravity Rush
-WipEout 2048
-Jet Set Radio
-Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
-Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of Lions

I already have the original FFT and the UMD version of the remake, but having a digital version I can play on my Vita is a big bonus. :)

CIMG0621.jpg

My most favorite pick up here is the I AM Film/Concert, mainly because I like KPOP and am a huge SNSD Fan. The two cases besides I AM are Korean Dramas, My Lovely Sam-soon and Summer Scent, a gift from my Aunt after she found out I like them. Finally got in on Big Bang Theory, absolutely one of my favorite shows of all time. Bought most of them at Best Buy, they didn't have S4 so I got that Wal Mart for 2 dollars more. :T
CIMG0622.jpg

Blu Ray Madness! Finally bought a Blu Ray Player for the House, :lol:. The PS3 Player is mine alone! Haha. Sadly, didn't go to Wal Mart to get in on their Blu Ray deals. Wasn't my fault though; everything was totally a hell hole over there.
CIMG0623.jpg

More Blu Rays!
CIMG0626.jpg

Happy to get Dishonored at BB, didn't know the price drop, so it was a pleasant surprise. Was supposed to go to Wal Mart after the BB Midnight Opening but the line was too damn long. In my sadness, I went to Gamestop and took part in their B2G1 Deal. I would've got more expensive titles but I'm on a budget here. Went back to a different Wal Mart in the afternoon, and like I said before, it was a hellhole. But after maybe an hour of searching, I managed to scrounge a few titles by looking in those carts all over the place. The stuff I missed from Wal Mart, I managed to get on Amazon, even though I missed out on their lightening deals. All in all, it was a good Black Friday, mainly because the previous years were for others and were barely for me. :lol:

There are a couple items not shown, mainly because my Dad already threw out their boxes. I was practically in the front of the line for Best Buy due to my yearly urban camping with my cousin. And I managed to pick up a 50 inch LED, 40 inch LCD Toshiba HD TV, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, a 15'6 Lenovo Laptop, and a Blu Ray Player.

Complete List/Prices/Places Bought Below
Pre Black Friday Prices:
:br: Breaking Bad Season 1 & 2 - 11.99 (Best Buy/ B1G1)

Now for the main event. Prices~

Electronics:
50 inch Toshiba HD LED TV 399.99 (Best Buy)
40 inch Toshiba HD LCD TV 179.99 (Best Buy)
Toshiba Smart Blu-ray Player 39.99 (Best Buy)
15.6' Lenovo Laptop 187.99 (Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy Tablet II 179.99 (Best Buy) + $25 GC

DVDs
:dvd: Big Bang Theory Season 1-5 7.99 (S1-3/Best Buy), 9.99 (S4/Walmart), 8.99 (S5/Best Buy)
:dvd: Inuyasha Movie 3 & 4 3.99 each (Best Buy)
:dvd: I AM. - SM Town Live World Tour in Madison Square Garden 12.99 (Best Buy/Didn't know it came out till the Monday of BF)
:dvd: Summer Scent FREE (Aunt gave them to me after I said I liked Korean Dramas)
:dvd: My Lovely Sam-soon FREE (Aunt gave them to me after I said I liked Korean Dramas)

Blu-rays: Family finally decided to get a Blu Ray Player and my Dad loves movies, so we got a lot. About 19 but I don't remember all of them. :lol:
:br: Just Go With It 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: Kill Bill 1 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: Kill Bill 2 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: The Other Guys 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: The Green Hornet 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: Sherlock Holmes 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: Edge of Darkness 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: Iron Man 2 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: Red Riding Hood 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: The Crow 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: The Crow Sequel? 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: Pulp Fiction 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: Salt 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: Collateral 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: Yes Man 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: No Country For Old men 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: Sweeny Todd 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: Hall Pass 3.99 (Best Buy)
:br: Boondock Saints II 3.99 (Best Buy)

Videogames
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption GOTY 15 (Wal Mart/Found in a shelf under a bunch of Wii Games)
:ps3: XCOM Enemy Unknown 25 (Wal Mart/Found it one of the Item Carts)
:ps3: Dishonored 25 (Best Buy/Didn't know until I browsed the PS3 Section)
:ps3: Dead Island GOTY 7.99 (Best Buy)
:ps3: Sly Cooper Collection 10 ((Amazon/Glad to find it, couldn't find it at Wal Mart)
:ps3: Batman Arkham Asylum 10 (Amazon/Glad to find it, couldn't find it at Wal Mart)
:ps3: UFC 2009 Undisputed Free (Gamestop B2G1)
:ps3: Alpha Protocol SEALED 4.99 (Gamestop B2G1)
:ps3: Genji: Days of the Blade 2.99 (Gamestop B2G1)
:ps3: Enchanted Arms 6.99 (Gamestop B2G1)
:ps3: Street Fighter IV FREE (Gamestop B2G1)
:ps3: Resistance: Fall of Man 2.99 (Gamestop B2G1)

[quote name='Olengie']I would've got more expensive titles but I'm on a budget here.[/QUOTE]
I wish being on a budget could look like that for me...

20121126_182929.jpg

20121126_142628.jpg

My initial wave of recent holiday deals. Persona was MSRP from Gamestop, Diablo III, Max Payne 3, Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 were from my local Microsoft Store for $10 each, and Racoon City and Bodycount from Gamefly for ~$7.

Came in today:

2012-11-26_18-12-09_8_zps2370c453.jpg

Not pictured, since Thanksgiving:
Dexter S1-S5, Modern Family, $50 Steam Card (that I didn't use any of, cause the Autumn sale sucks!), and Sims 3 Supernatural.

photonhv.jpg

[quote name='elessar123']
2012-11-26_18-12-09_8_zps2370c453.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looks like your cat (or at least I think it's your cat, otherwise it's some sort of phantom monster) is commandeering that passport case.

[quote name='Squarehard']Looks like your cat (or at least I think it's your cat, otherwise it's some sort of phantom monster) is commandeering that passport case.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's usually the other cat that gets in the pictures. Lay something on the ground, he lays on it.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I wish being on a budget could look like that for me...[/QUOTE]

Heh. I didn't pay for the Blu Rays. Thought I just put that in. Actually, my budget is pretty small. But I was in a semi-spending mood due to the Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back