The Official CAG November 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First pickup of the month was Halo 4, $59.99 with a $25 credit on a future purchase. Second was Bl0ps 2, $59.99 with $20 in LIVE points and a $10 credit, both deals from the MS Store online.

Got all of the following over the last five days, all for the Xbox 360:

From the MS Store:
Rage ($9.99 - free w/ MS Store $10 credit)
Deus Ex ($9.99)
Tiger Woods/Master's 2013 Champion Edition ($9.99)
Dishonored ($25 - free after using credit from Halo 4)

From Amazon.com:
XCOM - Enemy Unknown ($25)

From Gamestop.com:
The Witcher 2 ($9.99)

From Newegg.com:
Dark Souls ($14.99)

I also used the four $20 Xbox Live cards I got with preorders from the Microsoft store in October and November to get the BlOps season pass and Skyrim DLC.

In addition, I also got copies of Dishonored and Borderlands 2 @ $25 each, and three copies of Forza Horizon at $15 each, to give as gifts. With two of the copies of Horizon, I used $10 credits from the MS store from previous purchases, reducing the cost to $5 each.

So, for myself, I spent $190 and got nine games, for an average cost of just over $21 per game. This includes two new titles released in November that made up $120 of that total (but reduced the cost of other items thanks to in-store credits by $35), and two titles that came out in September/October of this year.

For friends, I bought five games, all of which released since September, for a total of $75 after discounts, an average of $15 per game.

I'm sure I probably could have waited for additional discounts on Dishonored and XCOM, but those games will be at the top of the list once they arrive.

Thanks again to CheapyD and all who participate on CAG for helping me stretch my gaming dollars a lot further than they used to go. In past years, I was content to spend $240 to get six games on "buy two get one free" deals, and usually, 1-2 of those games were stuff I may not have really wanted, but was just getting because I had to pick a "free" game.

Finding the time to play all that stuff is another matter, but, I'll deal.

This is the only thing I bought for myself this month:
PySHB.jpg

I just don't have the money this year to buy for myself, but I couldn't pass up the deal. Hopefully the 5th season will be a similar price next year.

Let's start with my best pickup. I found this shelf by the dumpster outside my apartment. Someone is moving out and just didn't want to take it. Free!

Black Friday pick ups
mostly Best Buy:

stuff from Buybacks sale:

I decided this was a good time to get some Move stuff since I picked up Wonderbook for my girlfriend. Also picked up child of eden.

Shadows of the Damned was from Big Lots. Soul Calibur IV is missing the tshirt and card =( .

I traded in a PS2 slim and a Master System to get this. Just had to pay tax out of my pocket.

Took the rest of the stuff that they didn't want and went to another local game shop and traded the rest in for this bittersweet find.

And finally a signed print by one of the best comic artists Moebius.

I hope everyone is having as much fun collecting as I am.

Got another copy of Breaking Bad Season 2 Blu Ray. The funny thing is. I already got my orders of S1 and S2 from Best Buy. So. Free copy for me?

Girls Bravo is one of the few fanservice anime I absolutely love. Also one of the only series that I also own the manga for.

Rosario+Vampire is better in manga form though, kinda like Negima.

Of course Rosario would better in Manga Form. They totally discounted major events and messed up the Second Season. If they just kept with the storyline in the anime, it would've been far more popular. :lol: They focused more on the fanservice and being cuter and less on other stuff. :(

112812231114.jpg

K-Mart
Dishonored $10 after using a $15 off coupon and $5 SYWR points
Borderlands 2 $20 after using a $15 off coupon
Max Payne 3 $9

Wal-Mart
XCOM $25
Forza $15
Spec Ops $15

Best Buy
UFC Undisputed 3 $15 (GC)
Sleeping Dogs $25 (GC)
Dead Island GOTY x2 $9 (GC)
Sniper Elite $15 (GC)

Gamestop
Halo 4 x3 using the B1G1 glitch for $25 each
Black Ops 2 $30 by swapping out one of the Halo's and paying $5 difference for a sealed copy

Target
MGS HD $11

112812231127.jpg

Best Buy
Breaking Bad S1 & S2 both for $11 using B1G1 (GC)
Walking Dead S1 $10 (GC)
Justified S2 $10 (GC)
Oceans Set $10 (GC)
Inception Steel x2 $10 (GC)
Matrix Steel $10 (GC)

112812231153.jpg

Best Buy
Band of Brothers $30
The Pacific $30
Louie S2 $9 (GC)
Workaholics S1/S2 $10 (GC)

K-Mart
Two Innotab games $25

Target
Kingdom Hearts 3DS $10

Meant to post these yesterday. Got more stuff today, but didn't get a chance to pick them up from the office.

2012-11-27_18-50-19_673_zpsc83a04d5.jpg

[quote name='DNukem170']Girls Bravo is one of the few fanservice anime I absolutely love. Also one of the only series that I also own the manga for. [/QUOTE]

I absolutely hated Girls Bravo. Back when I had more time for anime, and watched entire seasons if I started on it, it was one of the most painful ones for me to finish. The ending with her in the bathtub was mesmerizing though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX28CRFs4W8

Sigh, I broke the page.

I really wish I would've gotten a gold PS3 controller. I'm only waiting on one or two things, so I should have pictures up tomorrow.

[quote name='Collectorguy00']

K-Mart
Dishonored $10 after using a $15 off coupon and $5 SYWR points
Borderlands 2 $20 after using a $15 off coupon
Max Payne 3 $9

Wal-Mart
XCOM $25
Forza $15
Spec Ops $15

Best Buy
UFC Undisputed 3 $15 (GC)
Sleeping Dogs $25 (GC)
Dead Island GOTY x2 $9 (GC)
Sniper Elite $15 (GC)

Gamestop
Halo 4 x3 using the B1G1 glitch for $25 each
Black Ops 2 $30 by swapping out one of the Halo's and paying $5 difference for a sealed copy

Target
MGS HD $11

Best Buy
Breaking Bad S1 & S2 both for $11 using B1G1 (GC)
Walking Dead S1 $10 (GC)
Justified S2 $10 (GC)
Oceans Set $10 (GC)
Inception Steel x2 $10 (GC)
Matrix Steel $10 (GC)

Best Buy
Band of Brothers $30
The Pacific $30
Louie S2 $9 (GC)
Workaholics S1/S2 $10 (GC)

K-Mart
Two Innotab games $25

Target
Kingdom Hearts 3DS $10[/QUOTE]

You're my hero, amazing pickup post. I wish I had the money to pull that off! :drool:

[quote name='wiggyx']I can't imagine forcing myself to watch something that I didn't enjoy. How is that worth it?[/QUOTE]

OCD about finishing a show. I started not liking almost any harem anime since then, so the OCD is mostly gone. Haven't actually watched Clannad because of it.

So now another copy of Breaking Bad S1 Blu Ray came in the mail today. Strange. I only bought one copies for each season. And I have extra copies of S1&2. Good enough for me!

from Newegg $10 off preorders.

I have no idea why this took so long to arrive. It showed "delivered" in item tracking three days ago, and I opened a lost item case with Newegg. Then it arrives today. I guess I have to email them telling them I have the game now. Oh well, all's well that ends well.

C62930E4-F495-4B9F-AFBE-42AE7E70FAED-2666-000002E2DFC1C540.jpg

CIMG0633.jpg

Picked up the Karate Domo for $1 at Goodwill. Surprised to see that for that cheap. :lol: I already got Breaking Bad Blu Ray S1&2 from the B1G1 Deal. But a pleasant surprise came in the mail. Additional copies for free. Thank you Best Buy Mistake. :D

CIMG0630.jpg

Picked this up for 5.31 from Newegg. It's the Sennheiser HD 201 3.5mm/ 6.3mm Connector Around-Ear Hi-fi Headphone

[quote name='wiggyx']Your donkey-on-donkey-on-shemale Betamax pron is always worth showing. Let's see some pics ASAP![/QUOTE]
Oh jeez, I wish. Nah, it's just a few things that I didn't think were all that exciting:
201211pickups5.jpg

The movies were my wife's purchase. And the magazines are actually from a couple of weeks ago, but I felt like throwing them in. Not pictured is my wife's new Nokia Lumia 920, which is what I used to take this picture.

[quote name='Squarehard']Last of the pickups for November arrived today.
photoxbx.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Ooh, Wrath of the Ninja was my first anime movie. I got it back when there was some Anime of the Month club that you could sign up for through some commercial. I don't remember what it was called, but they would send out a different VHS each month. This was back when such a service was actually relevant because you could only find a few random movies in the Specialty section at the video stores. It's just too bad that this service would send such random stuff like the second half of a two-part OVA.

[quote name='Kurosaki-san']
mimlgi.jpg

I will be dropping 1600msp codes real soon!!!![/QUOTE]
Massive gamer boner right now...

[quote name='elessar123']OCD about finishing a show. I started not liking almost any harem anime since then, so the OCD is mostly gone. Haven't actually watched Clannad because of it.[/QUOTE]

You have to watch Clannad!!!! My favorite anime ever, soooo goooodd, sooooo saddddd.

[quote name='KtMack23']You have to watch Clannad!!!! My favorite anime ever, soooo goooodd, sooooo saddddd.[/QUOTE]
I must be the only one who watched all of Clannad and felt literally nothing.

AnoHana gave me all the feels that others felt with Clannad.

[quote name='Tsukento']I must be the only one who watched all of Clannad and felt literally nothing.

AnoHana gave me all the feels that others felt with Clannad.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I've felt nothing for the hundreds of anime I've watched. So at the very least you can say you're not as cold as I am, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back