The Official CAG October 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Scaretoberfest" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like that the unlocked ones won't go on sale until November. Still beats paying eBay prices for a Canadian version, though.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Haha, it is quite awesome. My gf actually got it for me from Etsy for last Christmas. I think she may have had someone custom make it as I haven't seen one exactly like it in my looking efforts.

As for the TV, close, LG.

Yea the wires are a mess, :drool:.

Thanks for the tips with the cat. I really like the smell of limes/lemons, so I very well may do that. She's only been doing it a little bit so far and has stopped when I yell at her, so hopefully she'll learn. If it gets worse though I'll definitely heed your advice.[/QUOTE]
That's too bad about the pillow; I really dig it. Oh well, at least I've got my one-of-a-kind ilomilo plushies that my wife made me. That'll help me sleep at night.

I figured your TV might be a Samsung because it looks like you have the exact same remote as me, but I guess they just have the same kind of remote.

And good luck with the citrus and scratching, by the way. If your cat will simply listen, then that's great, but cats usually seem to only listen if they know you're watching them. Hopefully the spray will work if you go that route. If not, then hey, at least you like the smell.

[quote name='Spacepest']I tried this with my cat--we used both citrus and bitter apple sprays. It turns out my cat love the taste of citrus and bitter apple. She spent hours licking the couch after we sprayed it. The only way we could get her to stop was to get one of those carpet covered kitty condos, which had a scratching post and cat bed build into it.[/QUOTE]
Ha ha, figures...there are always those cats that simply have to go go against normal expectations.

IMG_0109.jpg

Sims 3 - $15
Alice: Madness Returns (BDay present I got though code has been used)
Venture Bros. Blu Ray season 4 (BDay present as well)
Pokemon: Diamond - $10
Pokemon: Pearl - $11

Also got 4000 MS Point card for $35 from Buy.com

Been a while since I posted in one of these.

First off my copy of Forza 4 came in today from Amazon, and I was able to pick up the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus pack last week for $25 from Best Buy.

forzaico.jpg

Snagged a couple of Game Gear carts from Goodwill.

gamegear.jpg

And lastly my first order from 72pins showed up, I love them! They did an excellent job with the artwork, and there are little hidden gems on the back stickers too. I look forward to getting some more and figuring out a display solution for these.

72pins.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

-Crysis 2: Limited Edition - $15
-Gears of War 3 controller - $17
-Gunstringer (w/ Fruit Ninja) - $13
-9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Days - $21

Do all copies or marked copies of Gunstringer come with Fruit Ninja? It's currently $34 on Amazon and I'm debating it or wait.

Oh man, I really want that Forza LCE. Unfortunately, I didn't play ahead on that one, instead focusing on other games, and I've missed out. Here's hoping I can find one at a local store, and that I can afford it around the rest of the stuff I'm buying.

Keeping with the Dark Souls theme for this month ;). Ghaleon puppet from ebay. Einhander from Half Price Books for $11 after I traded in some books.

IMAG0263.jpg
Thrift store pick ups. The Intellevision II is in great shape. It came with Demon Attack for $12 (half off day). Harvest Moon preorder pup plush was about $1. And the Sonic bottle was about $2. Apparently it is from Sega World, which was never in NA. weird

IMAG0270.jpg

I'll post my pickups once my DSi and Xbox come in. Pretty expensive month for me and it's only the second week.

I don't normally participate because I don't like taking pictures of my stuff, but I was already taking pictures for other threads, so I went ahead and included everything. You might see a few of these elsewhere, but here's what I've bought so far this month...

Got these from a lowball:
ff12hl.jpg

Bought on eBay for about $15. It's more than I wanted to pay, but it's complete and in great shape:
tmntppg.jpg

Got these from another lowball:
lowball.jpg

You can't tell in the picture, but to the right is the Lockerz receipt showing that I paid $38. Unfortunately, it isn't the CE like they said it would be. If I get the CE, I'll probably just send this back:
darksouls.jpg

Found these at a thrift store in Ventura for a total of about $10. The games are complete (except for Horton's timer) and three haven't been played:
navy.JPG

venturathriftgames.JPG

Blokus ($7) and Gator Golf ($5) from Sears in Ventura:
venturasearsgames.JPG

$7 at Toys R Us in Ventura. The guy let me have a Mario scarf without having to buy a Mario product:
sylpheed.jpg

$6 each at the Disney Store in Ventura. Buttercup is my favorite Toy Story character (and I love Jeff Garlin). I'm also a Bonnie Hunt fan, so I got the Dollie as well:
buttercupdolly.jpg

Got these on sale at the local TRU because we're building up a library of games that we can play with our son:
newtrugames.jpg

Random stuff. Got Wave Race ($3.87) at GameStop in Oxnard, Yar's Revenge ($3) from eBay, Maniac Mansion ($2) and BuzzTime games ($1 each) at a local Goodwill, and the DS game was free from the publisher:
miscgames.jpg

Aside from a bunch of pumpkins, I think that's it!

[quote name='kermit036']Ghaleon puppet from ebay.[/QUOTE]
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for Ghaleon? You might be the bastard who outbid me. Heh.

I got some stuff this week.
Oct11buys2011.jpg

Re-bought Baten Kaitos (GC) used on Amazon. DanceDanceRevolution II (Wii), Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (PS3), and Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (PS3) all came from Amazon also.

Oct15buys2011.jpg

My Rightstuf orders of Oreimo Limited Edition Complete series, Blue Exorcist Vol. 1, and Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team

Oct8buys2011.jpg

Got a Death Note and Gundam00 posters to frame.

Oct14buys2011A.jpg

Got an Uncharted 3 poster which I framed

Oct14buys2011B.jpg

Got a Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One poster to frame

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, here's pretty much everything I've gotten in the past few weeks.

111_1860.jpg

MOOAAARRRR complete GBA games. With Tactics Ogre and Demikids Dark knocked out, I have pretty much all of the rarities and now I need to work on stuff that's not necessarily expensive but merely difficult to track down complete. And there's A LOT of that (see: Jackie Chan Adventures, which was cheap but also the first complete copy I'd found on ebay in months of searching. I got that game for Christmas when I was 13, lol.)

111_1862.jpg

High-end vintage stuff from lowballs and elsewhere. I gotta say, owning a complete copy of Ogre Battle 64 is pretty great.

111_1863.jpg

Still managing to fill a few of the holes on in the PS2 library.

111_1864.jpg

PS3 pickups. My Dark Souls CE took so long to ship that I went ahead and got the game elsewhere, so I'm actually offering it for $64 shipped to anyone interested.

111_1865.jpg

This-n-that.

111_1867.jpg

Anime. Squarehard is a bad influence!

111_1869.jpg

Wacom Bamboo tablet from a lowball. Didn't come with the box or installation CD so I got it at a nice discount, though I'm going to need to track down an installation CD if I want the tablet to function properly. Anyone have one that they'd loan me for some cash?

[quote name='Squarehard']
photo2td.jpg
[/QUOTE]

No Murata Range on the Last Exile set there?

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']No Murata Range on the Last Exile set there?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately there wasn't one on eBay, so I had to settle. :*(

[quote name='Squarehard']Unfortunately there wasn't one on eBay, so I had to settle. :*([/QUOTE]I got Last Exile, but I stuck to the complete series sets, mostly because I can fit individual cases on my DVD rack. :(

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I got Last Exile, but I stuck to the complete series sets, mostly because I can fit individual cases on my DVD rack. :([/QUOTE]

These big sets do take a toll on my shelf space. >.

[quote name='fwbweux']Wacom Bamboo tablet from a lowball. Didn't come with the box or installation CD so I got it at a nice discount, though I'm going to need to track down an installation CD if I want the tablet to function properly. Anyone have one that they'd loan me for some cash?[/QUOTE]
Are these a good brand? I've never heard of Bamboo, but my grandma bought me one of these for Christmas. I'm not even sure if I'll keep it (I don't draw), but I'm curious.

[quote name='Zaku77']I COMPLETELY forgot about that Jacki Chan show. I really liked that when I was younger! haha[/QUOTE]

When I got this game for Christmas, I played it for about twenty minutes and found that the game wouldn't save. Every time I turned my GBA off and then back on, I'd be right back at the beginning of the game (and it wasn't the kind of game that used passwords instead of internal saves, either.) It was promptly returned to Gamestop as defective and I got $40 in credit for it (lol parents paying that much for a licensed GBA cartoon game.) I put the cash toward Super Smash Bros Melee as it had just come out, probably the best possible thing I could have done with the credit at the time, hah.

I liked the show too, it doesn't hold up so great as an adult but it was entertaining. Rebought the GBA game just out of nostalgia :p

[quote name='Survivalism']http://www.wacom.com/CustomerCare/Drivers.aspx[/QUOTE]

I should have mentioned that the drivers aren't the only thing on the installation CD. It looks like some advanced features of the tablet like pressure sensitivity can only be tweaked through special programs on the installation CD so without the CD I lose some precision. Nevertheless, I got this so far below retail for this model that it's no issue at all. I'll track the disc down somehow.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Are these a good brand? I've never heard of Bamboo, but my grandma bought me one of these for Christmas. I'm not even sure if I'll keep it (I don't draw), but I'm curious.[/QUOTE]

I think that Wacom is pretty much the standard for graphics tablets, though I'm a total novice when it comes to this sort of thing. There are a whole bunch of different models, Bamboo included, and I can't really say what the differences are. I should probably research this.

Hmm, looks like I'll have to research it as well. I've heard of Wacom, but I wasn't sure if that's the actual brand of this model or if it was just being used as a generic term; you know, kinda like how people say "Band-Aid" to refer to any brand of adhesive bandage. Anyway...I'd imagine you should be able to find the disc online somewhere (torrent site perhaps), but if you haven't had any luck by Christmas, I'd be happy to make a copy of my disc for you.

[quote name='fwbweux']I should have mentioned that the drivers aren't the only thing on the installation CD. It looks like some advanced features of the tablet like pressure sensitivity can only be tweaked through special programs on the installation CD so without the CD I lose some precision. Nevertheless, I got this so far below retail for this model that it's no issue at all. I'll track the disc down somehow.[/QUOTE]

Are you positive? On the site they call it the "driver CD," and the software tied to it, to my knowledge, is all retail type stuff. Did you at least try the driver download? I've downloaded lots of "drivers" that were in fact the software. Not having the required software available freely seems kind of scuzzy.

[quote name='Survivalism']Are you positive? On the site they call it the "driver CD," and the software tied to it, to my knowledge, is all retail type stuff. Did you at least try the driver download? I've downloaded lots of "drivers" that were in fact the software. Not having the required software available freely seems kind of scuzzy.[/QUOTE]

Do I ever have egg on my face. Installing the driver was the first thing I did, but apparently the actual options are somewhat buried in the Start menu. Combine that with my reading various bits of misinformation while googling my problem, and I ended up being entirely on the wrong track with this. Once I found the options, I just had to crank up the Tip Feel and pressure sensitivity worked like a charm. You're right in that many so-called "drivers" actually include the software as well, which is why I found this especially puzzling.

Nothing to see here people, I just had a day-long brain fart/tablet noob moment :lol:

[quote name='fwbweux']Do I ever have egg on my face. Installing the driver was the first thing I did, but apparently the actual options are somewhat buried in the Start menu. Combine that with my reading various bits of misinformation while googling my problem, and I ended up being entirely on the wrong track with this. Once I found the options, I just had to crank up the Tip Feel and pressure sensitivity worked like a charm. You're right in that many so-called "drivers" actually include the software as well, which is why I found this especially puzzling.

Nothing to see here people, I just had a day-long brain fart/tablet noob moment :lol:[/QUOTE]

No worries. If it makes you feel any better, the other day I spent about an hour trying to rip CDs to my Xbox before I realized I have an Arcade that can't rip CDs.

[quote name='skiizim']Do all copies or marked copies of Gunstringer come with Fruit Ninja? It's currently $34 on Amazon and I'm debating it or wait.[/QUOTE]
Sorry! Didn't notice your question, but as far as I notice they do. Long as it's brand new it should come with the code.

IMG_0114.jpg

Alice: Madness Returns artbook - $15
Child of Eden - $15
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - $10
Deathsmiles - $13
Nail'd - $10
Retro Game Challenge - $10
Paprika - $10
Trick R Treat - $10

IMG_0115.jpg

Testament work shirt - $10
Testament wrist band - $7
Death Angel patch - $5

Oh yeah and not pictured, but I also got Batman: Year One paperback for $7.50 as well.

I got some more stuff recently.

Oct18buys2011A.jpg

Got Full Metal Panic: Second Raid (blu-ray), Bamboo Blade (SAVE edition), Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One and Everybody Dance both came from Best Buy $20 off sale.

Oct18buys2011C.jpg

Uncharted 3 swag I got from the Uncharted 3 in 3D event at AMC Tysons Corner 16 (near DC).

FramedU3poster.jpg

This was probably the best part about the event, where I won a pre-signed poster in the raffle from the Naughty Dogs. I just framed it today.

Oct20buys2011.jpg

I got two DC shirts for $15 each at Zumiez (I like DC brand) and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Impact. Got both in VA.

[quote name='Squarehard']Unfortunately there wasn't one on eBay, so I had to settle. :*([/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. Yeah, that particular set hasn't been reasonably priced in years; thankfully I was able to go the slimline route thru one on Amazon's deals.

It's funny though, seeing your full-sized DVD cases reminds me of back when my local Gamestop carried DVDs (including anime). I think I bought two Last Exile DVDs from them during a B2G1--spending around $20--and ended up doing a return in order to hold out for the full series. Smart move, in retrospect.

Got some cool stuff while I was at Mid Ohio Comic Con.

Video game stuff I got from stores around the con:
IMAG0291.jpg

Figures:
IMAG0290.jpg

Kitsuru Kirijo Kotobukiya statue $40 from original price of $60
IMAG0287.jpg

The same guy had these. Got all of them for $10. FFX Magus Sisters, FFX Continental Circus ship, FFVII:AC Kadaj's bike.
IMAG0293.jpg

Akira capsule figures all for $7
IMAG0288.jpg

AT-ST and a bunch of the new Street Fighter Heroclix

And the name-sake of the con, comics:
IMAG0295.jpg

Trade paperbacks.

I also got some signed comics of Bone and Adventures of Bonnie Lass!

All in all this was a very fun place to hunt.

Kinda went crazy today at KMart(s)

IMG_0118.jpg

Red Steel 2 (w/ Wii Motion Plus) - $15
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $20
Megaman Zero Collection - $15
Resonance of Fate - $15
Metro 2033 - $15
Lost Odyssey - $15 (my third time buying the game, but FINALLY new and complete. Planning to give my other copy to my friend and keeping this one sealed for the hell of it is how I justified this purchase)

[quote name='ZombieToast']Ooh, I hope I can find those when I go look for SMG2 tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Good luck! I Was just browsing through the non glass case games and both of those were in the plastic cases with Metro labeled as $29.97 and Lost Odyssey at $19.99. It was merely me trying to kill time waiting for an associate to help me that I just started price scanning nearly every game that interested me. They were also the only copies so hopefully your KMart has some waiting.

[quote name='bardockkun']Good luck! I Was just browsing through the non glass case games and both of those were in the plastic cases with Metro labeled as $29.97 and Lost Odyssey at $19.99. It was merely me trying to kill time waiting for an associate to help me that I just started price scanning nearly every game that interested me. They were also the only copies so hopefully your KMart has some waiting.[/QUOTE]
No luck, unfortunately. Like I said in another thread, they had fewer games than I have here at home. Almost nothing interested me; anything they had from my wishlist was too expensive. Oh well.

[quote name='ZombieToast']No luck, unfortunately. Like I said in another thread, they had fewer games than I have here at home. Almost nothing interested me; anything they had from my wishlist was too expensive. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
Sorry to hear that. I Kinda figured it'd be a hot commodity because looking at Metro all I could think was "what the fuck? This can't be real" since I've rarely (if ever) ever seen that game get marked below $20 or even $25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back