The Official CAG October 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Scaretoberfest" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bardockkun']Sorry to hear that. I Kinda figured it'd be a hot commodity because looking at Metro all I could think was "what the fuck? This can't be real" since I've rarely (if ever) ever seen that game get marked below $20 or even $25.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize Metro was that cheap at K-Mart. I shall be off to look for one today :D

IMG_0552.jpg

Resident Evil Stuff from Handsome_Rakshas' Lowball :D

IMG_0551.jpg

I love my guides. Got the Catwoman CE Guide. So instead of opening it I snagged a guide from Wal-Mart (my gamestop was out of guides for Arkham).

IMG_0550.jpg

I thought I had cancelled my Gamestop order for Totori, but evidently I didn't. So I now have 2 copies. Will probably just return it to my local store. I had forgotten that NISA had that poster and free shipping.

[FONT=&quot]It’s been a very busy month with things not pertaining to gaming, so almost forgot to post October’s pick-ups. Sorry the first couple of pics seem bare, but that’s all I had at the time and it’s now in storage, so couldn’t re-do those. Lots of B2G1 madness from TRU and of course the usual suspects Best Buy, Amazon and Newegg seemingly always get some of my money each month. Can’t wait for November!

FJsHq.jpg

[/FONT] Dead Rising 2 High Stakes Edition - $59.99 (Capcom Store)
Forza Motorsport 4 Limited Edition - $79.99 (Best Buy)
Atelier Totori Premium Set w/ poster - $59.99 (NIS Online)

r6yWA.jpg

Dark Souls Collector’s Edition [PS3] - $59.99 (Gamestop)
Dark Souls Collector’s Edition [X360] - $59.99 (Gamestop)
Dark Souls Guide - $24.99 (Gamestop)

[FONT=&quot]
2DXqu.jpg
[/FONT]
Walking Dead Limited Edition BBE S1 - $49.99 (Best Buy)
TMNT 25th Anniversary Collector’s Edition - $27.99 (Amazon)
Lion King Diamond Edition Steelbook - $7.50 (Best Buy)

O1q4N.jpg

Kirby Mass Attack - $29.99 (TRU)
Aliens Infestation - $29.99 (TRU)
DQMJ2 - $34.99 (TRU)
Art Academy - $19.99 (TRU)
Tetris Party Deluxe - $19.99 (Target)
Dungeon Raiders - $22.18 (Amazon)
Red Dead Undead Nightmare - $19.99 (TRU)
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce - $15.99 (Amazon)
Sports Champions - $9.99 (Newegg)
Prince of Persia Trilogy - $19.99 (TRU)
River King Mystic Valley - $10.99 (Newegg)
Naruto Clash of Ninja III - $13.94 (Amazon)

KWOUD.jpg

Utena: Student Council Saga LE - $29.99 (Amazon)
Utena: Black Rose Saga LE - $31.99 (Amazon)
Tales of the Abyss LE Part 1 - $20.99 (Rightstuf)
Batman Year One w/ figure - $22.99 (Best Buy)
Green Lantern Steelbook BBE - $34.99 (Best Buy)
Ninja Resurrection - $11.99 (Fry’s)
LOTR: Animated Re-mastered Deluxe Edition - $9.99 (Amazon)
Star Wars Force Unleashed II CE - $19.99 (Newegg)

uyQRM.jpg

Cabela’s Dangerous Hunt 2011 w/ gun - $19.99 (Gamestop)
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunt 2011 w/ gun - $9.98 (TRU)
Rapala’s Pro Bass Fishing w/ rod - $9.98 (TRU)
Populous - $9.98 (TRU)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $19.99 (K-mart)

Fi7L9.jpg

Legend of Zelda Manga Box Set - $44.09 (Amazon)
Shadows of the Damned Soundtrack - $48.51 (Grasshopper Store)

HnPBM.jpg

Skylander’s figures [15 total] - $71.94 (TRU)
Skylander Whirlwind [Target Excl] - $7.99 (Target)

NYCC Score

WTlIX.jpg

niaiQ.jpg

8wu5G.jpg

-Signed by Ono-san.

Kicks

crln9.jpg

- LeBron 9 "Kentuckys"

lP7cY.jpg

- Jordan 11 "Concords"

KJwqL.jpg

- Jordan 6 Rings "Carbon Fiber"

ATeyQ.jpg

- Kobe V "Throw it Down Shannon Brown"

SfGXn.jpg

- Kobe V "Parades"

s172S.jpg

- Hyperdunk 2011 "Blake Griffin"

918VH.jpg

- Hyperdunk 2011 "Queens"

Should have my Uncharted 3 CE in by Thursday. I can't wait :D

[quote name='Cheska19']September/October pick ups.

41260267.jpg

[/QUOTE]
Batwoman was such a crazy good read and new series is just as good. JH Williams III art is so damn gorgeous.

Those last two Nikes have got to be the ugliest shoes I've ever seen in my life! I can't imagine why anyone would want them unless they are somehow worth money. But for the life of me, I can't figure out why they would be.

More pickups!

First off this is my digital pickup, along with this I bought my first piece of Avatar clothing: the Sega Saturn T-shirt.
xbl_gh.jpg

Got in my copy of Arkham City from Amazon along with the free comic. I've also added the Sinestro Corps and Beyond skins to my PS3.
arkham_city.jpg

Two more Game Gear games to my collection from a second hand store, and a cheap Mutant League Football from Goodwill.
sega_used.jpg

Got a pretty good price on Jet Set Radio Future (original release) for the Xbox, and realized I was also missing Jet Grind Radio on the Dreamcast, so I added them both to my collection.
jetset.jpg

Found the 360 copy of Nier at TRU for $9.98 and got Mirrors Edge for $9.99 from Best Buy. Prices were good to me so I snagged them both.
xboxcircle.jpg

And bought my first physical book in a while, a lot thicker than I thought it was going to be.
jobsbook.jpg

Looking forward to all of the potential pick-ups for next month!

[quote name='Zaku77']That is A LOT of shoes. Either you're a woman or a collector =P[/QUOTE]
That reminds me of back when I was in high school and I'd buy the T-Macs (from the first up to the T-Mac 3) in literally every color on their release date, and would choose which to wear based on what matched my outfit. Now, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a basketball shoe. The last pair I bought (to wear) were the AZG LeBron's rookie year.

Some people would be like "You've got more shoes than most girls," but those were the type that probably only bought one pair at the beginning of the school year, so to them, getting a new pair every month seemed crazy.

"Back on topic," I've got some sweet pick-ups to post, but I'm waiting for the last one to come in.

[quote name='Zaku77']That is A LOT of shoes. Either you're a woman or a collector =P[/QUOTE]

That woman would have giant feet lol.

My brothers and I are huge sneakerheads. We wear nearly all of our shoes and only a select few get set aside to preserve its value. It also helps that we roughly have the same shoe size.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Those last two Nikes have got to be the ugliest shoes I've ever seen in my life! I can't imagine why anyone would want them unless they are somehow worth money. But for the life of me, I can't figure out why they would be.[/QUOTE]

It's part of the NYC Boroughs pack and as mentioned before, it's the Queens version. I used to live in Queens and it has the NY Knicks color way so it has significance to me personally. That and it has a pretty decent resell value that'll sure to rise in the future.

[quote name='knightsdwn']

lP7cY.jpg

- Jordan 11 "Concords"
[/QUOTE]

Damn those are sweet. Are they out already? It's probably already too late for me to get a pair :(

[quote name='Deefuzz']Damn those are sweet. Are they out already? It's probably already too late for me to get a pair :([/QUOTE]

No sir. The official release is in December.

[quote name='lmz00']Some people would be like "You've got more shoes than most girls," but those were the type that probably only bought one pair at the beginning of the school year, so to them, getting a new pair every month seemed crazy.[/QUOTE]
You're right, it does seem crazy. Heh. Hell, I think getting new shoes at the beginning of each school year is crazy. I've always taken really good care of my shoes, so I usually stick with the same pair for a few years. Currently, I'm on my second pair of shoes since graduating high school just over 8 years ago. Getting a new pair of shoes is one of the most uncomfortable feelings in the world to me, so I'll hang on to a pair until they start falling apart.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Those last two Nikes have got to be the ugliest shoes I've ever seen in my life! I can't imagine why anyone would want them unless they are somehow worth money. But for the life of me, I can't figure out why they would be.[/QUOTE]

Different strokes. I think both of those Hyperdunks look amazing. I wear pretty much nothing but bright colored shoes.

[quote name='ZombieToast']You're right, it does seem crazy. Heh. Hell, I think getting new shoes at the beginning of each school year is crazy. I've always taken really good care of my shoes, so I usually stick with the same pair for a few years. Currently, I'm on my second pair of shoes since graduating high school just over 8 years ago. Getting a new pair of shoes is one of the most uncomfortable feelings in the world to me, so I'll hang on to a pair until they start falling apart.[/QUOTE]
Pics?

[quote name='gothamcentral79']Different strokes. I think both of those Hyperdunks look amazing. I wear pretty much nothing but bright colored shoes.[/QUOTE]
I can't even begin to see the appeal, but hey, it's cool they make something to your liking. I've never thought of shoes as a fashion accessory, so I usually just go with something dark or neutral. I of course pick out something that I think looks nice, but I'm just happy to have something that fits comfortably. Same goes for cars.

[quote name='lmz00']Pics?[/QUOTE]
Well, I don't have a picture of my old worn-out shoes 'cause I threw them away, but I took a picture of my current ones. They're kinda dirty, though, 'cause I haven't cleaned them in a long time (when I say I take care of my shoes, I just mean that I'm not rough with them):
shoes.jpg
Yikes, that's an awful picture. The flash makes them look kinda brownish-gray and shiny, but in person they are almost solid black and slightly less ugly. Heh. Also, the shoelaces look funky because I've been having a persistent problem with edema in the feet, so I have to wear the laces loose.

These shoes are about two years old now, so they're a bit scuffed up and not too pretty. They don't seem to be as durable as my last pair of shoes (Vans Jim Greco Thunders, I believe) which lasted at least three years before they looked like that. They're pretty comfy, though, so I'm content.

NOTE: I have no special affinity for Vans or Jim Greco (don't even know who he is); I just buy tend to buy their shoes because they are cheap, comfy, simple, and usually durable. But most importantly, they have wide toes, which is really hard for me to find in my size.

Just bought my first steelbook
For $70 the Batman Arkham City with the Joker steelbook.
Cant wait, but gotta get the first GOTY

Yessir!

hOc1e.jpg

Lz9LE.jpg

High quality items in a Collector's Edition for once.

The game is absolutely awesome by the way. Maybe not perfect 10 awesome but damn near close.

These should be my last things of the month:
Oct26buys2011.jpg

X'amd Lost Memories S2, along with Naruto Shippuden The Movie Bonds. $10 PSN card for Daytona USA (PSN).

Oct27buys2011.jpg

Got Tales of Xillia and Uncharted 3 early today. Uncharted 3 is definitely awesome.

Oct28buys2011.jpg

Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee Vol. 7 (love the manga so much) and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked for $30 on Amazon

Oct29buys2011.jpg

My RightStuf orders of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Collection (Season 1), Outlaw Star Collection, and Rurouni Kenshin movie (blu-ray).

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't got around to posting my pickups in a few weeks, so a bit of a backup.

2011-10-29_23-16-51_584.jpg

I got the guide from Amazon for $13.XX, the game for retail, and Gears off of Amazon for $55 with $20 credit, not too shabby if you ask.

2011-10-29_23-17-55_139.jpg

Thanks to Amazon, I got the CE for $60 and then the Scott Pilgrim set as a gift.

2011-10-29_23-20-22_236.jpg

Some boxes/manuals to complete some of my GBA cartridges.

2011-10-29_23-21-33_564.jpg

PS1 games are from a trade with a friend.

2011-10-29_23-20-52_115.jpg

Saw these on Amazon Warehouse deals and decided to jump on them. Surprisingly, Mario was listed in "Like New" and Zelda in "Good". I ordered a few at once hoping they'd ship them in a box and not in a stupid foldover cardboard thing they've been doing lately, but that's exactly what they did and it appears Mario took the brunt of all the bending.

2011-10-29_23-21-03_832.jpg

2011-10-30_10-20-28_994.jpg

Battlefield 3 for $30 (from Arkham coupon) plus another 20$ coupon came with it. Picked up LBP2 from the Gamefly sale for 18$

2011-10-30_10-20-41_25.jpg

Picked up Big Bang Theory S1 on DVD (hasn't been released on bluray yet) for 18 from Amazon, and just proving that I had Arkham City at one point :roll: but I sold it on eBay since I beat it so quickly. Sorry for the rotated pic, couldn't figure out how to fix it.

2011-10-30_10-21-07_756.jpg

Bought this as well since it's getting cold, it's a military jacket from Old Navy and it is the most badass thing for me right now. It's so warm and I love the way it looks. The picture makes it look bulky and weird...but whatever. Got some more clothes this month as well, but this is CAG so I'll save that for another time.

2011-10-30_10-43-05_261.jpg

Picked up Avenged Sevenfold's live DVD and b-side CD and Star Wars 4-6 on eBay.

2011-10-30_10-41-35_304.jpg

Terrible picture quality but finally got me a Xbox 360 wireless headset off eBay. I love it.

2011-10-30_10-40-56_165.jpg

Picked up Christmas Story on Amazon and Supernatural was brand new off eBay for 20$. Great deal. (all my eBay deals were amazing this go-around) Again, sorry for the rotated pic.

2011-10-30_10-40-15_301.jpg

Picked up this Wuhan China off Guitar Center, got them to price match musician's friend so it was an even better deal. Sounds AMAZING for the price. Very sturdy as well.

2011-10-30_10-39-58_997.jpg

Picked up this 18" Zildjian A Custom Crash on Ebay for 99$. (250 retail) Sounds fantastic, great condition and no cracks/keyholes. Only downside is the writing has faded a little on the cymbal, but not really a big deal to me.

I wish I picked up more stuff gaming wise, but I just haven't been into it that much lately. Overall it was a great month for purchases for me because I got into eBay alot more than I normally am and really scoped out some amazing deals. The rest of my money from here on is just gonna go toward Black Friday. Here's hoping for a big month in November!

Last edited by a moderator:
1769062711_photobucket_31406_.jpg

Xbox 360 - Lockerz $180
DSi - Trade with a CAG
PSP - Craigslist

1769062711_photobucket_31408_.jpg

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition - Lowball
Battlefield 3 - $30 from K-Mart from using Arkham City Coupon
Batman: Arkham City - $60 from K-Mart
Madden 12 - Lowball
Bleach: Soul Resurreccion - $55 from Gamestop

1769062711_photobucket_31409_.jpg