The Official CAG September 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Zaku77']Thanks, man! I'm always glad when someone enjoys the videos! Now that I know how to upload files that are a fraction of the size that they used to be, I think I'm going to start doing more unboxings, or what I've been playing, etc. Try and grow the channel a bit. One video every two months is pretty lax... :/ lol[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Not only are you my favorite part of this thread as well, but you're one of my favorite YouTubers altogether.

I love how you go in-depth on each thing that you've picked up and provide a little backstory. It's much better than just game, game, game, etc. Keep it up!

I'm lovin' the support from you two! And Tsel, that's exactly what I try and do. When I watch pickup videos, I enjoy seeing some cool games, and listening to someone knowledgeable talk about them. That's what makes the videos fun in the first place. If I just wanted to see game, game, game, I could browse amazon and ebay on my own time :3 lol

DSC04507.jpg

Complete as well. Been wanting to get this back in great condition for around 8 years now.

Untitled.jpg

Was able to safely remove that sticker on Mega Man 7. Those are all complete as well. The box above them is the original Love Hina 6 DVD Set.

So yeah squarehard your not the only one that picks up stuff all the time. Just never said anything about my stuff till now.

Picked up a 27" Sony Trinitron today. 20 bucks. I already have an identical TV, and I'm hoping I can rig up a 2-player light gun game setup with some Y splitters. Who knows if that'll even work.

If it does, it'll be epic though! :D

Wow TerraBemani, where did get those/how much did they set you back? I've been trying to find Mega Man 7 and Ninja Gaiden Trilogy CIB for reasonable prices for quite a while now. Extremely jealous.

I've been looking for Mega Man 7 for quite a while. I can't seem to find it anywhere in St Louis. :cry:
...I still need Mega Man 7, 5 and X2.

Does the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy for the Super Nintendo have updated graphics or anything? I have the original NES carts, but I never knew if there was any need for me to try to get the SNES version.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TerraBemani']So yeah squarehard your not the only one that picks up stuff all the time. Just never said anything about my stuff till now.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a challenge!

[quote name='Squarehard']
photowgn.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice, did they ever announce a second season or something? I really enjoyed High School of the Dead.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Nice, did they ever announce a second season or something? I really enjoyed High School of the Dead.[/QUOTE]

Once the manga returns from its hiatus and the chapters start rolling out, there should be a second season. A lot of people, including me, are waiting for that eventual return.

They could make one right now but I think the content would be too little, since there is only about 30 or so chapters. And the first season covered about more than half I believe

[quote name='Olengie']Once the manga returns from its hiatus and the chapters start rolling out, there should be a second season. A lot of people, including me, are waiting for that eventual return.

They could make one right now but I think the content would be too little, since there is only about 30 or so chapters. And the first season covered about more than half I believe[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the info. Maybe I should read the Manga to get my fill for now.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Cool, thanks for the info. Maybe I should read the Manga to get my fill for now.[/QUOTE]

Your welcome. I definitely recommend it and afterwards, you'll be like everyone else who can't wait for it. :lol:

Picked up (more like dragged) this big-ass bastard yesterday. Sony 36XBR250. As the model number suggests, it's a 36" SD tube. Grabbed it so I can finally play light gun games again :D

8336C565-0441-46DE-A2FE-C5EAFD3781EB-856-000000A7C3ABCFEB.jpg

I have the game on that top right. :lol:

I played Fate Extra on my friend's PSP Go. I liked it but couldn't get into it because I didn't get to play all the time. xD

Okay, I'm going to cheat a little bit here. Because I have been buying so little game-wise lately, I haven't bothered to post any of my pickups for the last couple of months. But I'm pretty bored today, so I thought I'd go ahead and share all of my relevant purchases from July, August, and the current month (well, and a little bit of March because I paid for Diamond Trust of London through the Kickstarter). I forgot to include Bloody Roar, but everything else non-digital is here:

201207-09pickups.jpg

201207-09pickups2.jpg

And these t-shirts:
krangcakes.jpg

inevitablebetrayal1.jpg

sunderedandundone.jpg

poweruppinup.jpg

That's it. Seriously. It's a huge change of pace from earlier in the year. We're trying to pay off our debt, invest money, sell our house, and buy a new house...so I'm trying to cut back as much as I can. I splurged a bit on shirts, obviously, but my gaming purchases have dramatically decreased.

[quote name='Olengie']

Ha ha, it's alright, I'm used it. The imagery, not cat penis in general... I quit that years ago.

Glad you like the shirts. My wife teases me about always buying the "girlier" shirts from Shirt Punch, but more often than not, they have the better designs!

Copy paste from my post on TCP site lol Lotsa pics inc

I actually this got on craigslist at the end of August, pissed off ex-girlfriend selling her boyfriend's stuff online. 50$ was an absolute steal . Frostmourne from WoW, barely played the game but know how expensive thing this goes for . Almost 4 feet long and weighs a ton. Hurricane pwned my power or would have posted sooner

frostmourne.jpg

Checked craigslist today, found this, turned out it was a pawn shop listing, ad said 60$ but when I got there they charged me ONLY 20$ for all that you see games + system (hookups too just not pictured), score! Best part was finding guardian heroes in the sega rally case lol. I guess they thought the sega cd games went with it, not complaining $;)

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

IMAG0092.jpg

Ratchet Clank Collection - 20$ - Amazon (had some credit)
Cybernator - 4$ ebay
Congo's Caper's - 5$ - ebay
Run Saber - 18$ - ebay
Tin Star - 4$ - ebay
Metal Warriors - 40$ - ebay - Seller had it listed for 100$ or make offer, I offered 40$ (no sense it not trying) and they countered with 90$. An hour later they sent message stating they wanted it gone to re-submit the 40 and they would take it.... yeah, first for me
Popful Mail - 20$ - Amazon - I literally thought I was getting punked when I saw this for $19.99 used from a private seller on amazon, seller had great feedback rating/history too. Listed it as very good but didn't give description, however amazon's very good policy states it must come complete but understandably used condition. Figured even if it ended up disc only was pretty good score, opened it today and did a happy dance.
Gameboy color w/ legend of zelda oracle of seasons (not pictured, is in the system )-7$ -ebay - Random 4 am listing end, I bid 10$ and didnt expect to win it, even came with batteries!

IMAG0100.jpg

The Firemen - 37.50 - Gamereproductions.com - Been wanting this game a long time, friend used to have a pal system with it and loved this game
Super Turrican 2 - 35$ - ebay - label beat to hell hence the price
Big Sky Trooper - 4$ - ebay
Mega Turrican - 12$ - ebay

IMAG0101.jpg

[quote name='ZombieToast']Ha ha, it's alright, I'm used it. The imagery, not cat penis in general... I quit that years ago.

Glad you like the shirts. My wife teases me about always buying the "girlier" shirts from Shirt Punch, but more often than not, they have the better designs![/QUOTE]

I'm loving the T-shirts :applause:

[quote name='Madrocsz']Copy paste from my post on TCP site lol Lotsa pics inc[/QUOTE]

I was all like "Wait, I just saw this stuff somewhere?!" LOL!

[quote name='Royal High Knight']To top it all off you also got a 32GB memory card or was that seperate?[/QUOTE]
its included in that bundle. :D

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']WiFi PSVita + 32GB Memory Card for $109.21 shipped via AWD

dr5t2c.jpg

8wjfkn.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Was that listed up like 3 weeks ago??????

Youuuuu assshollleeeee lol. I was Soooooo going to buy that.

So, this is everything I've gotten this month. I've liked this month so far.

DSC04904.jpg

My gaming pickups so far. Local store was doing B2G1, so I got these and a CD for my mom for like $70 in store credit. Now I finally have a Wii, library, kinda.

DSC04909.jpg

Kinda gaming related. A co-worker of mine is going to buy the big 10 year Blu-ray box set coming out in November so I bought his dvd copies of seasons 1-9 for $35 cash and a PS2 fat. I love RvB.

DSC04911.jpg

And my big Amazon purchase which I am SO FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT CAUSE Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide, Doctor Who TARDIS tee, and The Tenth Doctor's Sonic screwdriver, which I freely admit to carrying everywhere with me for the first 3 days after I got it.

[quote name='Mako1215']Was that listed up like 3 weeks ago??????

Youuuuu assshollleeeee lol. I was Soooooo going to buy that.[/QUOTE]
It was listed last week.

[quote name='Mako1215']Youuuuu assshollleeeee lol. I was Soooooo going to buy that.[/QUOTE]

As the saying goes, 'you snooze, you lose.'

Went to grab stuff for a fellow TCPer, and couldn't help grabbing a mess of crap for myself.

DSC02875.jpg

[quote name='Obiwan456']So, this is everything I've gotten this month. I've liked this month so far.

DSC04904.jpg

My gaming pickups so far. Local store was doing B2G1, so I got these and a CD for my mom for like $70 in store credit. Now I finally have a Wii, library, kinda.

DSC04909.jpg

Kinda gaming related. A co-worker of mine is going to buy the big 10 year Blu-ray box set coming out in November so I bought his dvd copies of seasons 1-9 for $35 cash and a PS2 fat. I love RvB.

DSC04911.jpg

And my big Amazon purchase which I am SO FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT CAUSE Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide, Doctor Who TARDIS tee, and The Tenth Doctor's Sonic screwdriver, which I freely admit to carrying everywhere with me for the first 3 days after I got it.[/QUOTE]

Mmm. RvB. I love the new fight scenes they have! Especially because its made by monty (Creator of Dead Fantasy and Haloid)

I know, right? They haven't released much information about it, but for that price it better have more amazing special features than any boxset. Plus it's blu-ray. But still, I got a pretty good deal buying them off my co-worker. Cause I don't have that much to drop on one boxset. (Mainly because I'm getting the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Lootchest Edition.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back