The Official CAG September 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I picked up so far in the last week of August and September so far. Does not include K'nex Mario Kart (2), Game of Life, Star Wars Monopoly Clone Wars Edition, Sega Dreamcast w/ 2 Controllers/2 Memory Cards

Img_00042.jpg

Got Guyver Volumes 1-7, missing Vol 4 and Bubblegum Crisis Collection 2 and 3 for $15. X-Men, my friend let me have. Enchanted Arms, All Stars, and Homefront from Sears Clearance at $15. Local Video Store was going out of Business and was selling there stock. Got Samurai 7 Volume 1-4, Deadspace Downfall, Karas, Escaflowne the Movie, and Evangelion 2.2 for .50 each. (Buy 10 for 5. Picked up a bunch of horror flicks for myself. Lol.)

Img_00036.jpg

Found this lot at Goodwill for .99 each. I was able to find 16 of them. If they were more, I missed out. :lol: Saves me the trouble of buying them online or waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Olengie']What I picked up so far in the last week of August and September so far. Does not include K'nex Mario Kart (2), Game of Life, Star Wars Monopoly Clone Wars Edition, Sega Dreamcast w/ 2 Controllers/2 Memory Cards

Img_00042.jpg

Got Guyver Volumes 1-7, missing Vol 4 and Bubblegum Crisis Collection 2 and 3 for $15. X-Men, my friend let me have. Enchanted Arms, All Stars, and Homefront from Sears Clearance at $15. Local Video Store was going out of Business and was selling there stock. Got Samurai 7 Volume 1-4, Deadspace Downfall, Karas, Escaflowne the Movie, and Evangelion 2.2 for .50 each. (Buy 10 for 5. Picked up a bunch of horror flicks for myself. Lol.)

Img_00036.jpg

Found this lot at Goodwill for .99 each. I was able to find 16 of them. If they were more, I missed out. :lol: Saves me the trouble of buying them online or waiting.[/QUOTE]

What's that big box enchanted arms? How can I obtain such an item?
Edit: found it on amazon

My miter saw took a crap on me this morning. Went on good ol' Craigslist and found a guy selling one, plus a compound miter saw, router, power paint roller, and an airless paint sprayer. Figured, fuck it and bought everything. 100 bucks :D

[quote name='Madrocsz']Bubblegum crisis! One of the few anime I used to watch[/QUOTE]

I heard about it and I wanted to give the show a shot. But I need part one though. :/

[quote name='Squarehard']Nice!

Nothing breaks in a new saw like building a shelf. ;D[/QUOTE]

That's actually what I was trying to do when it broke. Not for games, but for systems ;)

[quote name='wiggyx']That's actually what I was trying to do when it broke. Not for games, but for systems ;)[/QUOTE]

I kinda figured when you posted. ;D

Also, I has more stuff!

photoewo.jpg

Megaseries? What's up with that version of BGC; I've never seen it before. Are there music vids that come with it??

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Megaseries? What's up with that version of BGC; I've never seen it before. Are there music vids that come with it??[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the music vids come with it.

The company that produced this version has already gone under, so the series was picked up afterwards by Animeigo which is probably the version you're more familiar with seeing.

Also, I found more stuff in my mail box I forgot I was waiting fors!

photollj.jpg

[quote name='Royal High Knight']The Muppets?? Lady and the Tramp???? That isnt anime. What has happened to you Squarehard?[/QUOTE]

I know, I know. Momentary lapse of judgement.

I needed fillers for Sword of the Stranger though, for the 3 for 21 sale at Hastings, and I ran out of anime to add, so I had to choose something else. :*(

[quote name='Royal High Knight']The Muppets?? Lady and the Tramp???? That isnt anime. What has happened to you Squarehard?[/QUOTE]

He has all the anime. He's gotta buy something :p

[quote name='wiggyx']He has all the anime. He's gotta buy something :p[/QUOTE]
Same thing I was thinking. All of the anime is gone, so he has to focus on something else now.

[quote name='Madrocsz']Check out an old anime called "Golden Boy" funny stuff. I havent watched much since the 90's lol[/QUOTE]

Classic, too bad it was short

Pickups have been a bit slow as of late.

rirho7.jpg

I turn 17 on the 19th so I'll finally have some more money for games. More exciting than that, I won't have to bring my parents to buy M games! Lol

photo2wgh.jpg

And then found this at a garage sale for $10. The old lady said she couldn't get it to turn on anymore, so I took the risk and bought it since I could probably trade it in somewhere, and still make a profit even if it didn't work, but turns out everything everything is working perfectly, so now I has iPad. ^__^

photozpc.jpg

I was debating if I should try to turn it on then and there, but decided against it in the end since if it did turn on I would've missed out on it.

[quote name='Squarehard']I was debating if I should try to turn it on then and there, but decided against it in the end since if it did turn on I would've missed out on it.[/QUOTE]

nice, for sure jealous of that pickup.

So, I'm going to say I have the best coworkers ever. Today I was talking to the guy that sold me the Red vs Blue about the GameStop that just opened yesterday and how they weren't doing a b2g1, and he asked me what games I was going to get, and I named a couple, including Smash Bros Brawl.

At this point another coworker looks at me and asks if I was looking for Brawl, and I say yes. He goes on break, goes home, and comes back ten minutes later with Super Smash Bros Brawl AND Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. and gives them to me. Free. SSB missing manual, but Zelda is complete with everything, including soundtrack and club Nintendo. For FREE. And I was going to buy them both the night before. SO glad GameStop wasn't doing b2g1.

[quote name='KtMack23']I'd rather have no tablet than have an iPad. /Android Fanboy[/QUOTE]

Are you saying (lying) that you wouldn't have picked that up for 10 bucks? :roll:

I have to say I never had a tablet before, but this is a lot nicer than I thought. I wish it wasn't just a 16GB though... WHAT A WASTE OF $10!!!!

[quote name='wiggyx']Are you saying (lying) that you wouldn't have picked that up for 10 bucks? :roll:[/QUOTE]

I would definitely buy an iPad for $10.

I have a growing stack of steelbooks sitting at my friend's place in Scotland. I am looking forward to getting that in the mail! :D

50228065.jpg

Paid $5 dollars for Fifa 06 Road to the worldcup which i only bought because Ronaldinho is on the cover, and just picked up earlier today dead space 2 for $7 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back