The Official CC Luck Topic (today's the day - 07.11.04)!!

I have yet to hear of a CC that totally pulled all their $5 games and are now putting them back out because of this so called corporate email. Both CC's by me pulled (what is left of) their games on Sunday or Monday and I believe they are sticking to the 7/11 date. It seems like the only people reporting finding $5 games are people who went to the CC's that didn't do anything and just let the games go.

On a side note, CC seems like such a weird company. The clerks, even the managers, have no clue when corporate changes prices. And apparently when corporate tells the stores "put the games back out" it's taken more as a suggestion than an order. Very weird.

I went today -there was a $4.99 bin now and there wasn't one when I checked on the 5th.

Alll that was left were sports titles - about 10-15 but all just mediocre sports titles.

I have no interest in those, and I don't think I'd get much trade in value at gamestop for them - and thats not very nice anyways.

I went yesterday and they didn't have dick. I picked up one game. If I"m having a slow weekend I'm debating making trips too all my local CC's again to try to pick up some strays. My total is 19 games.

Been to 2 CC's in Manhattan and 1 in Queens today (7/8).

Rego Park/Queens Store #3686
9605 Queens Boulevard
Rego Park, NY 11374

They have only sports games that fit into the 4.99 category. THey don't even have a bin out for them. The games are still mixed with the rest.

East 86th Street Store #1697
232 East 86th Street - 240
New York, NY 10028

This CC store at least has a bin out for the games, 2 days ago when i went there were like 5 games in the bin but today it was completely full. Unfortunately not with many good titles. Most of them are sports games, or demos. They had a Turok game for GameCube but not sure if iit rings up to 4.99. Threads of Fate (PS1), Fear Effect 2(PS1)

Union Square Store #3679
52 East 14th Street No. 64
New York, NY 10003

They just recently added a 4.99 bin and its not nearly empty. Most of the games in the bin are sports games as well (Baseball, Golf, Fishing, maybe 2 Football). Ironicaly I found more 4.99 games mixed in with the rest of the games. This is all I could remember of finding: Wrestlemania XIX (GC), X Squad (PS2), Pryzm Chapter 1 (PS2), SPyhunter (PS2), Tekken3 (PS1), Dance Dance Revolution Konamix (PS1).

I only bought myself a Wrestlemania XIX today, which makes it a total of 2 games that I got from this CC Super Sale so far... :(
For those who live in NYC and want Wrestlemania XIX, theres still a copy at the Union Sq CC. o btw i wasnt reely lookin at the Xbox games, sorry to the Xbox gamers in NYC tat my info didnt help much.

well there was about nothing at mine. the ridgedale one in MN. i got Pinobee: wings of adventure, Earthworm Jim(both for gba) and PacMan World 2 for Gamecube. Pfft...........

[quote name='stocker08']well there was about nothing at mine. the ridgedale one in MN. i got Pinobee: wings of adventure, Earthworm Jim(both for gba) and PacMan World 2 for Gamecube. Pfft...........[/quote]

Holy shit I never even saw any of those when I went on the 6th.

I met up with Schultzed at the Racine, WI store. There was a some what ok selection. I asked the clerk when I got there, and he said all games were taken into the back. BULLShIT!! I found coupla of hotweels games, maximo, nascar, high heat, buffy, obi wan, and syberia.

I wandered into mine today at lunch and found a copy of Disgaea buried in the drama section of DVD's. I think someone is going to be pissed off when they return for the buried treasure and it is gone. Of course I searched the whole section for more. Who doesn't have 5 dollars on them to jsut buy it instead of hiding it.

[quote name='Aryss']I wandered into mine today at lunch and found a copy of Disgaea buried in the drama section of DVD's. I think someone is going to be pissed off when they return for the buried treasure and it is gone. Of course I searched the whole section for more. Who doesn't have 5 dollars on them to jsut buy it instead of hiding it.[/quote] That's pretty stupid of someone to not buy it if they knew it was $5. It might of been a little kid, though.

Since the wife and kids are out camping for a few days...I think I'm going to run to the CC in Appleton, WI after work and check over the situation (30min drive)...

I am going on Sunday with my nephews but wanted to see if I can get a scoop on some items...

I'll post if I find anything of interest.

I got Dark Summit for Xbox and there was still a ton of PS2 games there but only 3 xbox games( the other two were superman and cat in the hat

I found one lone copy of Fear Effect 2 (PSone), so I bought that. A few Freaky Flyers, Xgra and some sports stuff. Bradenton, FL

One of the CC's I went to on Monday had their bin pretty empy, but they had taken the 4.99 price off all the games. All those Star Wars titles rang up full price too. They had like Starsky and Hutch, Star Wars Starfighter, Obiwan, etc. and they all rang up full price.

BTW this was the Harper Woods, MI location.

Absolutly nothing at the CC in Appleton, WI...I shouldn't have wasted the trip...

The game section in general was fairly sparce...I'm thinking they were hip-to-the-scene and removed everything. No bins anywhere (except for a bin of 3.99 PS1 games at the front of the store).

I did see Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter (xbox) but didn't bother asking for a price check (they had platinums and greens mixed - greens marked $29.99 and platinums marked 19.99).

Oh well...I'll get there early on Sunday with my nephews...

My trip today was full of some good luck. I found even more titles today that weren't there a couple days ago. Dino Crisis 3, Spy Hunter 2, and Terminator: DoF. But, Tenchu: Return from Darkness on Xbox was $29.99 in the computer. Oh well. Should have snagged that one while I could have.

MjC

my store binned everything. bearly anything left. really sucks. i was going to pick up any game they had that i wanted for the hell of it including sw clone wars, picked up the guide at bb, online too, only 2.99. everything gone, xbox wise, didn't want to check ps2, don't have one

I went to two CC today (July 8th )

One is in philly, PA. There is an annoucement in the game department saying that "due to computer errors......." Even the games ring up $4.99, the clerk wouldn't let me buy them at this price. They said the clearance will start this Sunday then asked me to come back then.

The second CC I went is in Wilmington, DE. I only found VF4(PS2) and SW:JF(XBOX). But when I went to checkout, the computer showed that both games are $19.99. I am pretty sure that these two games are in the list and I also had VF4 scanned $4.99 at the first CC. So I guess they must have the computer fixed or something.

Anyway, what a bad day for me. Went home with empty hands :(

[quote name='andersontsia']I went to two CC today (July 8th )

One is in philly, PA. There is an annoucement in the game department saying that "due to computer errors......." Even the games ring up $4.99, the clerk wouldn't let me buy them at this price. They said the clearance will start this Sunday then asked me to come back then.

The second CC I went is in Wilmington, DE. I only found VF4(PS2) and SW:JF(XBOX). But when I went to checkout, the computer showed that both games are $19.99. I am pretty sure that these two games are in the list and I also had VF4 scanned $4.99 at the first CC. So I guess they must have the computer fixed or something.

Anyway, what a bad day for me. Went home with empty hands :([/quote]

Dude, all the Star Wars titles rang up full price for me too, but they were on the list!!!!!

I hope this just means that they are waiting till Sunday. :fingers crossed:

[quote name='andersontsia']I went to two CC today (July 8th )

[/quote]

Which store in Philadelphia is this? Just wondering so I know which one not to go to.

A brand new store is opening in my area tomorrow, so I'm going to check it out. Hopefully they'll have a big games section with lots of sale items, but I wonder if they'll keep sale games off the shelves until Sunday. Still, they'll probably have new stock in either case, so I might get the games I'm looking for. But is the sale still on? Or have they postponed it until Sunday?

i was told they would get a shipment in tomorrow, I will be there to check that out.
I tried to pm a few games at sears. the manager was a tool. he said even though he called and they verified price, he needed to "check into it", and if I brough the ad in that says $4.99 games ( i explained it would only say sale and not list titles) I gave my number and was told id get a call back.
I dont expect one. I will be back there tomorrow, if I do not get the price match I will call their "golden" line. when customers complain to that line, they get what they want everytime.

[quote name='mcwilliams132']Absolutly nothing at the CC in Appleton, WI...I shouldn't have wasted the trip...

The game section in general was fairly sparce...I'm thinking they were hip-to-the-scene and removed everything. No bins anywhere (except for a bin of 3.99 PS1 games at the front of the store).

I did see Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter (xbox) but didn't bother asking for a price check (they had platinums and greens mixed - greens marked $29.99 and platinums marked 19.99).

Oh well...I'll get there early on Sunday with my nephews...[/quote]

mcwilliams, I work close to that CC and I've been checking it regularly. Wish I would have been online to see your first post because I would have told you it's not worth the trip. You and your nephews should find some decent games on Sunday if you get in the door right when it opens. I was there on Monday which is when they had employees desperately running around grabbing games, along with 10 customers (your's truly included) running around grabbing games. Don't expect to find the rare/high demand games but they stashed away a good selection. In other words expect to find more than the crappy sport titles and such. I desperately want to be at a CC at opening that day unfortunately (fortunate for you) I'll be in the first half of a four hour car ride around that time. Good luck, hope you find some good ones.

On a side note, I was down in Milwaukee earlier tonight and decided to stop at a CC down there. Pretty sure I saw what this sale will turn into. Two fairly full bins, roughly 80% of the games were old...I mean OLD sport titles. Not even worth $5 at this point. Best console game I found was Haunted Mansion for the Xbox. The GBA game selection was pretty decent though, but nothing tripped my trigger there either.

[quote name='Pizzicato Five']Mystic Mike, What Cincinnati location said they will put more out on the 11th? Thanks.[/quote]

Sorry for givin you the wrong info, man. But I'm living in Memphis right now. I'm [since it's now 1:55 here] moving to Cincy later today.

I stopped by a CC for a copy of Evil Dead (requested for a trade). They still have quite a few GBA games in stock.. I picked up Boktai and Lunar Legends. I also picked up Megaman Network Transmission and Chaos Legion (possible restock? I thought they were out before)

I keep telling myself no more.. but it is TOUGH!

NYC

i checked out the 3 stores in manhattan last night (7/8) with varying results

uws cc (80th/broad) they have a bin out with games mostly ps1 games, and xbox sports titles, i snagged nhl/nfl hitz pro and arctic thunder. They did have other games that have been on the main list (not placed in the bin) I asked about Boktai in particular which rang up regular price

on to the next one

union square (14th/broad) they had no bin, but they did have printouts of the 4.99 games above the games specific to the system (so the gc list of 4.99 games was above where the gc games are stocked) but they seemed very picked over, the only thing i saw was 4 or 5 copies of kelly slater's pro surfer, like whoever was there before me, i passed

ues (86th/3rd): they also had a bin with games - i keep saying bin when its just a cardboard pedestal- they were fairly cleaned out, some ps titles and some xbox games a number of sega gt i picked up one. They also had games on listed elsewhere at 4.99 that rang up at regular price (when i asked the cashier she seemed to give off an attitude that she had been asked several times previously about games that were not in the bin that were still regular price)

i hadnt been to any of these stores at previous points in the sale so i do not know if they are/have been restocked

Just FYI, each of the 4 stores I went to today had 4.99 bins out. Employee's at all four stores told me that they were to put out games early because the sale leaked out onto the internet. Once store had decent games left, by decent I mean two whole bins and games like Oni, Jedi Starfighter, The Great Escape, Timesplitters and the like. No "deal" games though. The other three stores basically had just sport titles.

Also, I tried to buy three other games that I know 2 of where on the list and one I had already bought. Those were Burnout, V-Rally 3 and Frequency. None of those rang up 4.99 and all had a sticker infront of the upc symbol. They told me that the bin was 4.99 and up. Hmm don't know. Maybe they are keeping some back for Sunday, but they all told me that they wern't. Or perhaps some of the games in the system and on our list should have never been marked down to begin with? Maybe a serious employee coux to get some cheap games?

Well, I went into the new store as soon as it opened, and... nothing. Sure, they had a few sale games, but nothing interesting. I guess they had more games than the old store, but they had the same lack of variety. I doubt it'd be worth it to go back later.

Checked mine again this morning.. still nothing worth buying. I'm starting to think I should just not waste the gas driving back out Sunday. They slowly keep putting more games in the bins, but it's always nothing but junk.

Hit Nashua NH and Salem NH again today. Nothing but jam packs, wrestling and sports games. Oh they also have kabuki warriors but i doubt anyone wants that lol. If anyone in the MA/NH area finds AvP, Sims or Mario Party 4 please drop me a line: [email protected]

Thanks!

Todd

I found Splinter Cell for the GBA, but only because they didn't notice it was a $5 game when they pulled all the remaining games on Monday.

There were three big stacks of games by the computer, none were $5 games. They were $20-$30 games like Time Splitters 2 (Xbox) or Morrowind PH version. Not sure if they are just pulling games and doing a final check before Sunday or if these may be the new bargain bin games or what. All I know is I thought I grabbed Dynasty Warriors 4 for the PS2 out of the stack and it turned out to be Dynasty Warriors 4: Xtreme Legends. How many frockin' Dynasty Warrior games are there? Anyway it rang up $30.

[quote name='little_krampy']How many frockin' Dynasty Warrior games are there? [/quote]

I like hacking and slashing Chinese peasants as much as the next guy, but there are simply far, far too many.

cc in amherst ny had a ton of games and have had them all week. too bad i dont get paid till next wednesday. though i went monday and copped 8 joints-

My store had a couple new titles out. I've been checking every few days and them seen to have some new titles everytime. Never a large selection, so it seems like they have a stockpile in the back and are bringing out a little at a time. Picked up Oni (PS2), Ford Racing 2 (XBOX), All-Star Baseball 2004 (XBOX), and Rayman 3 (PS2) today.

I went one last time to my local CC (Clarksville TN). I picked up another copy of Frequency for my brother, Guilty Gear X2, and Pikmin. I didn't see Pikmin and GGX2 last time I went (wednesday) so I guess they either got a new shipment, pulled them from the back, or I didn't see them last time. These were the last copies of Pikmin and GGX2 I saw in the bin.

i'm going to head back to another CC after I get out of work..hoping to find Splinter Cell GC and a few other strays

I just got back from my local CC. Managed to get what's probably the last 2 games I'll get from this deal: Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts GBA and WWF No Mercy N64. They had one copy of Genma Onimusha XB and Driver 2 GBA that I didn't pick up. And there were like half a dozen other copies of No Mercy. Sunday I won't even be around to see if more goes up :( Stupid family activities...

I'm really debating whether Sunday will be worth the trip. The CC I went to yesterday was completely wiped out - I am not hopeful that they will be getting a mysterious shipment of games they no longer will carry but I will probably go out of sheer stupidity nad the fact that I can't pass up the opportunity to get some games on the cheap...

I'm going Sunday hoping they got some more games in or they pulled titles waiting for Sunday. I highly doubt I'll get the two titles I'm looking for (Mario Party 4 and Viewtiful Joe) but for $5 I have to at least try. Even if I find a someone decent game for $5 I'd say it was a successful trip. You can't even rent games for cheaper than about $5 anyway.

Sweet another person in NH

Concord NH and Manchester NH CC are cleaned out

[quote name='Dragon Fly']Hit Nashua NH and Salem NH again today. Nothing but jam packs, wrestling and sports games. Oh they also have kabuki warriors but i doubt anyone wants that lol. If anyone in the MA/NH area finds AvP, Sims or Mario Party 4 please drop me a line: [email protected]

Thanks!

Todd[/quote]

[quote name='vherub']NYC

i checked out the 3 stores in manhattan last night (7/8) with varying results

uws cc (80th/broad) they have a bin out with games mostly ps1 games, and xbox sports titles, i snagged nhl/nfl hitz pro and arctic thunder. They did have other games that have been on the main list (not placed in the bin) I asked about Boktai in particular which rang up regular price

on to the next one

union square (14th/broad) they had no bin, but they did have printouts of the 4.99 games above the games specific to the system (so the gc list of 4.99 games was above where the gc games are stocked) but they seemed very picked over, the only thing i saw was 4 or 5 copies of kelly slater's pro surfer, like whoever was there before me, i passed

ues (86th/3rd): they also had a bin with games - i keep saying bin when its just a cardboard pedestal- they were fairly cleaned out, some ps titles and some xbox games a number of sega gt i picked up one. They also had games on listed elsewhere at 4.99 that rang up at regular price (when i asked the cashier she seemed to give off an attitude that she had been asked several times previously about games that were not in the bin that were still regular price)

i hadnt been to any of these stores at previous points in the sale so i do not know if they are/have been restocked[/quote]

reely? there was a bin at the Union Sq one when I went yesterday...

bread's done
Back