The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

I've been trying to buy a used 360 system now for a few times. The prices some people want is amazing. A used Core, 2 Wires Conrollers, 1 Game = $400. But hey, he will give it to me for $350 since EB sells them for $400. WTF.

Edit: He e-mailed me back claiming the Core is $399.99 new, even though I sent him 3 links with the $299.99 price. Damn.

[quote name='Larrabee213']I have a HUGE HAUL for today. All were for $80.

PS1

- System with hookups

- Legend of Dragoon
- Red Alert
- GT
- MTV Music Generator
- Street Fighter Alpha 3
- THPS
- MGS
- Medal of Honor
- Syphon Filter
- Chrono Cross
- Lunar
- Castlevania Chronicles
- Colony War III: Red Sun
- Doom
- Wipeout XL
- Resident Evil 2
- Silent Hill
- Final Fantasy IX

Dreamcast System with 2 controllers

- Marvel vs Capcom 2
- NFL 2k
- Ready 2 Rumb
- Sonic Adventure
- Tomb Raider
- DOA 2
- Bust a Move 4
- Resident Evil 2
- Soul Reaver
- Space Channel 5
- Star Wars: Racer
- Slave Zero
- Gunbird 2
- Resident Evil Code Veronica
- Nightmare Creatures 2
- Jet Grind Radio

Neo Geo Pocket Color in Box

- Samari Showdow 2
- Metal Slug 1st Mission
- SNK vs. Copcom Match of Millenium
- King of FIghters RS

Gamecube complete

- Zelda Wind Waker
- Zelda Bonus Disck with Orcarina
- Metroid Prime

HPIM0685.jpg

HPIM0686.jpg

HPIM0687.jpg
[/quote]

All I'm saying is.....WHY CAN'T I EVER FIND A DEAL LIKE THIS?!?!?!?!?!?! WTF!! There's people in my area who post on CL, offering common PS1 and Xbox games, but wanting an assload of money for ANY of them, or they're incomplete or scratched to hell.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']All I'm saying is.....WHY CAN'T I EVER FIND A DEAL LIKE THIS?!?!?!?!?!?! WTF!! There's people in my area who post on CL, offering common PS1 and Xbox games, but wanting an assload of money for ANY of them, or they're incomplete or scratched to hell.[/QUOTE]
You are not the only one. I been looking several times a day everyday for a while now on CL. The only time I found a killer deal I couldnt get in touch with the seller and didnt get it.

[quote name='GizmoGC']I've been trying to buy a used 360 system now for a few times. The prices some people want is amazing. A used Core, 2 Wires Conrollers, 1 Game = $400. But hey, he will give it to me for $350 since EB sells them for $400. WTF.

Edit: He e-mailed me back claiming the Core is $399.99 new, even though I sent him 3 links with the $299.99 price. Damn.[/quote]

HAHAHA there are so many highball sellers on craigslist, I guess they balance out the lowballing buyers (like me).

But that is ridiculous. I see X360 premiums that claim to be in good working condition for $300 or less on CL all the time. That moron is just trying to find a sucker. Just watch - he will have that same ad posted for MONTHS. I've seen it before all the time.

There is one guy trying to sell Star Wars #1 (Marvel, i.e. the comic) for $40 or so. He's had the same ad for probably close to a year now. Dude, it ain't going to sell. Lower the price.

[quote name='62t']You are not the only one. I been looking several times a day everyday for a while now on CL. The only time I found a killer deal I couldnt get in touch with the seller and didnt get it.[/quote]

I had this one shitbird in the Valley who was selling a few vintage games that I would have picked up with a CiF deal. The beeyotch actually pulled a "oh I've raised the prices on them" move, so I was ready to tell her where she could stick her games (but first I wanted to find out if they were at least complete, so I could maybe still score a decent deal. Nope. I didn't even bother responding to her after that, though I REALLY wanted to tell her off. Go sell them on eBay then, BEEYOOOOOTCH!!!

Check out this email exchange:

I WROTE:

Hey, if you haven't sold the games yet, I would love to pick up. Let me know if you still have them, as well as where you are located.

I am interested in:

- Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt (DS)(DEMO) $2.00
- Breath of Fire II (SNES) $5.00
- Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals (SNES) $5.00
- Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES) $8.00
- Breath of Fire II (SNES) $6.00
- Super Mario AllSTARS & Super Mario World (SNES) $7.00
- Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask GOLD EDITION (N64) $10.00
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyper Stone Heist (Sega Genesis) $5.00

SHE WRITES:

im sorry to say that changes have ben made to the prices...
the ones that i've raised up in price are the ones in bold text...
let me know if your still interested...

- Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt (DS)(DEMO) $2.00
- Breath of Fire II (SNES) $15.00
- Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals (SNES) $18.00
- Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (SNES) $25.00
- Breath of Fire II (SNES) $18.00
- Super Mario AllSTARS & Super Mario World (SNES) $18.00
- Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask GOLD EDITION (N64) $20.00
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyper Stone Heist (Sega Genesis) $5.00

TO WHICH I REPLY:

Are these games at least complete with box, instructions, maps etc.?

HER FINAL COMMENT:

nope no box, no instructions... On ebay and everywhere else they retail from $15 up to $48 and thats just for the game...

YEAH, OKAY THERE...THEN PUT 'EM ON EBAY!!!:roll:

Just picked up Resistance Fall of Man and MotorStorm on my lunchbreak.

Guy was advertising 4 PS3 games:

Resistance
Motorstorm
2 sports games (NHL or NBA or Madden, can't remember but didn't want them)

$35 each.

I asked him where he was located and whether he still had Resistance, and whether it was complete or not. He told me he worked in Santa Monica, really close to my work. Games are open, used but complete and in perfect condition. Awesome.

I arrange to meet up, and tell him to bring Resistance, and I might be interested in Motorstorm.

I drive over there, meet up, check out the games and offered him $50 for both, cash in face. He resisted a bit, but I told him I really wasn't interested in Motorstorm since it's a basic racing game and will be $20-30 in stores in a couple of months anyway.

He took the $50. So now I have 3 PS3 games (sealed new, probably stolen Marvel Ultimate Alliance, $25 a month ago, also craigslist) for my free PS3. MWAHAHAHA!!! I hope Motorstorm is at least decent and has weapons or serious wrecking ability...

finally got in on a decent deal. Sega Saturn with 3 first party controller (one 3D controller), disc only Christmas NiGHTS and Bug. Not too bad since Christmas NiGHTS alone sells for $25-30

[quote name='62t']finally got in on a decent deal. Sega Saturn with 3 first party controller (one 3D controller), disc only Christmas NiGHTS and Bug. Not too bad since Christmas NiGHTS alone sells for $25-30[/quote]

Its not a deal unless you tell us what you paid ;D

@karkyco:

Some people think Craigslist and places like CAG are perfect to sell their crap since they're too lazy or greedy (they want profits with no fees) to put said crap on ebay.

/obvious

Nearest Craigslists are Nashville and Indy, and they both seem to be a friggin' joke.

[quote name='Sailorneorune']@karkyco:

Some people think Craigslist and places like CAG are perfect to sell their crap since they're too lazy or greedy (they want profits with no fees) to put said crap on ebay.

/obvious

Nearest Craigslists are Nashville and Indy, and they both seem to be a friggin' joke.[/quote]

Agreed - that's why I prefer it too, at least with some things, since it is SO much easier dealing local, especially in a big city like LA where you can command the eBay prices. eBay can be sketchy, paypal is horrendous, and I like getting straight cash without having to deal with shipping, scammers, fees etc.

[quote name='VipFREAK']http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/336125030.html He said it was official too.[/quote]

I certainly hope you read the ad completely, since they said they're selling it for $10, not the $1 listed in the title.

Someone did that locally with an assload of games and systems recently, so I said 'I'd like it for the amount listed in your title' as my simple but to the point response.

Do you think I ever received a response from that email? LMFAO

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I certainly hope you read the ad completely, since they said they're selling it for $10, not the $1 listed in the title.[/quote]

Dur... Why do think I posted it? Anyway, I picked it up earlier today.

I don't think people have realized they dropped the PSP's price to $169.99. I regularly see console only for $200-250.

I want a used one for $80ish so I can have N64 on the go.

edit: the best deals are found near universities, full of college students trying to make a quick buck.

All games have original box and instructions. All are in great condition.
-Microcosm
-Dragon's Lair
-Lethal Enforcers: Gun Fighters II
-WWF (WWE now) Rage In The Cage
-Revenge Of The Ninja
-Space Ace
-Tomcat Alley
-Advanced Dungeons and Dragons: Eye of the Beholder (case and manual only, no game)

These are all Sega CD games, I don't even have a Sega CD but for $15 is this a good deal?

[quote name='nyprimus4']All games have original box and instructions. All are in great condition.
-Microcosm
-Dragon's Lair
-Lethal Enforcers: Gun Fighters II
-WWF (WWE now) Rage In The Cage
-Revenge Of The Ninja
-Space Ace
-Tomcat Alley
-Advanced Dungeons and Dragons: Eye of the Beholder (case and manual only, no game)

These are all Sega CD games, I don't even have a Sega CD but for $15 is this a good deal?[/quote]

Most of 'em are $2ish each on eBay. I've been on a big SegaCD kick lately, though. If you don't want them, can you let me know? I'm trying to build my collection (up to 25 so far!) Thanks.

I just found a craigslist listing with Nintendo 64. It's a N64 with two controllers, five games, adapter, and system for $75. The games are Glover, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Kazooie, and Star Wars Rogue Squadron. I've asked the seller if he would be willing to lower his price a little (since he's local and it's not like driving from north Atlanta to south Atlanta to sell it).

I suspect this seller is basing his pricing on eBay. :roll:

[quote name='guyinga']I just found a craigslist listing with Nintendo 64. It's a N64 with two controllers, five games, adapter, and system for $75. The games are Glover, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Kazooie, and Star Wars Rogue Squadron. I've asked the seller if he would be willing to lower his price a little (since he's local and it's not like driving from north Atlanta to south Atlanta to sell it).

I suspect this seller is basing his pricing on eBay. :roll:[/quote]

Even for eBay, that's wicked high. :roll:

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Even for eBay, that's wicked high. :roll:[/quote]

He still won't budge on the price and he claims there's someone else interested. Argh

Bought an x-box 360 premium with 2 games charge and play headset some demo discs and a few x-box magazines for 250.00. Came w/ box and everything he said he just bought it a couple months ago and barely used it, looks new. Gonna eBay it for a quick $100 profit

There is a person selling a Macbook Pro laptop for $2400 on craigslist.

I bought this Macbook Pro less than five weeks ago and it has seen little use since. Infact, it's only been out of the case a handful of times. I thought I was going to need this bad boy more than I ended up. My wife also recently acquired a very nice iMac, so this little guy really is not going to see it's full potential with me. I've tried very hard over the last week to justify keeping this machine around, but I have to let it go. I really want to see this machine to go a deserving owner. With the full AppleCare warranty and extras that I have included with this computer, I don't think you'll be unhappy if you buy it. :) Feel free to email me if you have any questions at all and I will respond promptly.
It comes with the 3 years of apple care, iskin keyboard cover, and screen protector. It is the newest macbook pro that apple has on their website and it is the $2800 model. Would it be worth buying this laptop if I can get the guy to come down on his price some?

Having to pay for summer school is really kicking my ass right now, $1500 for two classes; one three week class and the other is four weeks. Should I grab it if I can get him to take $2000 for it? This would be my first mac so I'm not for sure if that is a good price for it or not...

*edit*
actually this is the mid-range Macbook pro that sells for $2500

Here are the specs on the laptop he is selling:

* 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
* 4MB shared level 2 cache
* 2GB of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300)
* 120GB 5400 rpm hard drive
* 15.4-inch Glossy Widescreen Display
* 1440 by 900 pixels
* Ati Mobility Radeon X1600
* 256MB of GDDR3 Ram
* Built in iSight video camera
* Slot loading 6x-SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD+RW/CD-RW)
* ExpressCard/34 slot, Firewire 800 port, Firewire 400 port, Two USB 2.0 ports
* DVI port; DVI to VGA adapter included
* Optical digital audio input/line in
* Optical digital audio output/headphone out
* Built in 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet
* Built in Airport Extreme
* Built in Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
* Backlit illuminated keyboard and ambient light sensor
* Apple Remote
* Preinstalled Mac OS X 10.4.9 and other bundled software
* 3 years of AppleCare included!
* iSkin Keyboard Protector included
* Screen Protector Included
* Laptop Case Included

He did add an extra gig of ram and added a better graphics card. I'm not for sure if he added anything else to it or not...

[quote name='guyinga']He still won't budge on the price and he claims there's someone else interested. Argh[/quote]

Yeah, sure there is. You should reply that when he gets tired of posting the same ad for the next 12 months without any bites, he should hit you up.

Perhaps then he will be willing to negotiate a more suitable price (like $25-30 MAX)

[quote name='karkyco']Yeah, sure there is. You should reply that when he gets tired of posting the same ad for the next 12 months without any bites, he should hit you up.

Perhaps then he will be willing to negotiate a more suitable price (like $25-30 MAX)[/quote]

Haha, yeah, generally what I tell people is, "Drop me an email when you still have it next week."

They usually get back to me in a couple of days with a more reasonable price. Its how I got my CD-X and games for $90 instead of the $190 asking price.

I got a core Xbox 360 last week for $100, it came with everything except a controller. The guy said it was broken but I have been running it for hours and have had no problems at all. I was planning on selling it for like $175 but I think ill keep it as a back up.

Gonna go get Excite Truck for $20 after work. I've always thought I made a mistake buying Rayman at launch instead of this, today I get to find out!

a few weeks ago I picked up a Snes bundle-- about 10 games including Super Metroid, Sunset Riders, and the ringer...Earthbound. Came with the system, 2 controllers, hook ups. Played a couple hours of earthbound...and decided to sell it. the hype to suck ratio was too high :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']a few weeks ago I picked up a Snes bundle-- about 10 games including Super Metroid, Sunset Riders, and the ringer...Earthbound. Came with the system, 2 controllers, hook ups. Played a couple hours of earthbound...and decided to sell it. the hype to suck ratio was too high :lol:[/quote]

Your nuts lol back in the day when that game came out it was great and had some pretty " ahead of it's time" mechanics to it that are used even today still..

Would it hold up today probably not but it was a gem for it's time , now all Nintendo needs to do is port over an english version of part 3

[quote name='Derrick1979']Your nuts lol back in the day when that game came out it was great and had some pretty " ahead of it's time" mechanics to it that are used even today still..

Would it hold up today probably not but it was a gem for it's time , now all Nintendo needs to do is port over an english version of part 3[/QUOTE]

back in the day it was probably good. and well, time makes fools of us all.

(forgot to mention, I got that whole bundle for $50)

I am picking up another huge package with an NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PS1, all with 20+ games a piece, not cheap, $85

Just got a pick lot today. All for $55.

SNES:
- 1 SNES System complete NO YELLOWING!!
- 2 Controllers
- TMNT IV
- Super Mario World
- Super Battletank
- F-Zero
- Street Fighter 2

HPIM0692-1.jpg

N64:
- 1 N64 System, no AV
- 1 Controller
- Goldeneye IN BOX
- Zelda OOT IN BOX
- 1080 Snowboarding IN BOX
- Banjo - K

HPIM0694.jpg

PS1:
- 1 PS1 System
- 2 Controllers
- Madden 97, 98, 00, 01,
- Triple PLay 97
- Red Alert
- Final Fantasy VII BLACK LABLE
HPIM0693.jpg

Also he threw in a NES Zapper (Grey), a Gameboy Phat, and NBA JAM for Genesis. All in all, a great purchase I think!! Finally a non-yellowed SNES!!!

findslamoe.jpg

$45 for the lot

Contains:

Ps1 with hookups, controller
Snes with Hookups, controller
N64 with hookups, 2 controllers (missing pack, I have one around here somewhere)

Games:

Twisted Metal 2
Nightmare Creatures
Tenchu
Wargames Defcon 1
Star Wars Phantom Menace
star wars masters of the teras kasi

Crusin Usa
Blast Corps
SM 64
WWF War Zone
Mario Kart 64
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Snap
Bomberman 64
Starfox 64
Goldeneye

Super mario world
SF2
TMNT Turtles in Time
Sunset Riders
DKC
Lost Vikings
Uniracers
Captain America and the Avengers

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']Should I take this guy up on his offer?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/ele/349370080.html

I offered $50 & he countered w/ 70, but he doesnt even know if all of them work or not. Should I take the risk?[/QUOTE]

I doubt any of them work. The NES-es are guaranteed duds, and those PSXs look suspect. Does he have any of the power cords, TV cables, controllers for any of them? It looks like a dealer trying to get rid of his non-working junk.

[quote name='dinovelvet']I doubt any of them work. The NES-es are guaranteed duds, and those PSXs look suspect. Does he have any of the power cords, TV cables, controllers for any of them? It looks like a dealer trying to get rid of his non-working junk.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I think too he doesnt have any cables, accessories or anything w/ them just the units.

PS2 system plus games & acc listed for $200
All games were in mint condition and the only GH was RE1. He had Intelligent Qube on the listing too, but someone must have told him what it was worth. Kind of peeved me that he wanted the same price without IQ; totally refused to negotiate. I bit because my old PS2 crapped out, and I only already had FFO and Tekken4.

PS1:
Resident Evil: Director's Cut (GH)
Resident Evil 2
Parasite Eve
Final Fantasy Origins (FF 1&2)
Final Fantasy 7,8,9

PS2:
Final Fantasy 10
Final Fantasy 10-2
Final Fantasy 12
Final Fantasy 12 Game Guide
Final Fantasy 12 Art Collection
Devil May Cry 1,2,3
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken 4
Silent Hill 2,3

Accessories:
PS1 Sony Memory Card
PS1 Controller (Charcol Color)
PS2 8MB Sony Memory Card
Dual Shock2 Analog Controller
DVD Software CD
DVD Remote/Receiver

Some really sweet games in there, just wish I could have talked him down some.

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']Should I take this guy up on his offer?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/ele/349370080.html

I offered $50 & he countered w/ 70, but he doesnt even know if all of them work or not. Should I take the risk?[/quote]
I'd say no. Unless you need some parts out of those various consoles, if they don't work, then it's definetly not worth $70. Plus, for a lot of those systems, the hookups make or break the deal. You'll end up spending out of the ass just to hook them up only to find out they don't work. If he's unsure if they work yet won't take your offer, than he's being unreasonable.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/350150784.html

Two Playstations with the following games: parasite Evel, Dragon warrior, final fantasy VIII, granda,Riven,Driver 2,Air Attack,teat drive off road, Star wars Phantom menance, red Alert,Wild Arms 2,Stoy story 2, magical Racing Tour

It also comes with 4 memory cards, 4 controllers and I'm guessing a Gameshark or something(they only mention 'enhancer' in their ad). I'm nowhere near them(in PA actually) and don't get paid till Friday(broke). Any CAG want this deal? :whistle2:D You can thank me later.....

The list of games was taken directly from their ad. I've emailed them already, but I'm pretty sure that with Grandia, Dragon Warrior, Parasite Eve AND Wilds Arms 2 in this deal, that someone else has already snagged it.

Good luck either way my fellow CAGs.

I have been so lucky on CL lately. I got all of this for $20:

Nintendo 64:
- System Complete, 2 great controllers
- Paper Mario
- Mario 64
- Mario Kart 64
- Wreastlemania 2000
- Mario Golf
- Goldeneye
- zelda: oot
- Zelda: MM
- Space Invaders
- perfect dark
- Jet Force Gemini
- Tetris

SNES
- System with 1 controller, no AV or AC.
- SM World
HPIM0701.jpg

And I am picking up another N64 with another Paper Mario, but then mostly crap for games after that.

[quote name='Larrabee213']I have been so lucky on CL lately. I got all of this for $20:

Nintendo 64:
- System Complete, 2 great controllers
- Paper Mario
- Mario 64
- Mario Kart 64
- Wreastlemania 2000
- Mario Golf
- Goldeneye
- zelda: oot
- Zelda: MM
- Space Invaders
- perfect dark
- Jet Force Gemini
- Tetris

SNES
- System with 1 controller, no AV or AC.
- SM World
HPIM0701.jpg

And I am picking up another N64 with another Paper Mario, but then mostly crap for games after that.[/QUOTE]

Man, I am so jealous. Nice pickup.

usually all I have on my CL is a load of crap. However I saw a listing that said
slim ps2 w/ 18 ps2 games and 19 ps1 games for $199. I looked through and I immediately saw that Valkyrie Profile was part of the set. I emailed him and said that I'd pick up Valkyrie Profile, InuYasha and Legend of Dragoon for $30 to try to make it look like I didn't just want Profile. So a day goes by and he says that someone else wanted it and that I was "outbid" but to wait for further details. I wait and I get an email saying that he's ready for the deal. So I drive out there and pick up all 3 games for $30. Bad thing is, all games have cracked cases, Profile is missing the instruction manual and all the discs have a big ring around the middle as if used as a coaster. So I prob won't be selling it as it's in awful condition, but Valkyrie Profile does work, and that's a major plus.

bread's done
Back