The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

This is a stupid question, I know, but how does Craigslist work? Do they just send you the item through mail? How do you send the money?

No, they leave contact info or just reply to their post. You basically communicate with the seller/buyer to determine how you want to exchange goods. In this case he called me and I went over to his work and he sold it to me right there. I wouldn't risk doing any mailing over craigslist, there are scammers.

I just bought a premium 360 + an extra wireless controller + MLB 2K7 for 300 bucks.....

Just played it, went online, played for an hour and everything is running great.

I e-mailed him asking what games were in it and it was almost like an automated reply.

"Sports game. I love the bowling. Buy it now because this deal is hot."

No thanks

[quote name='davo1224']I e-mailed him asking what games were in it and it was almost like an automated reply.

No thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah sounds a bit weird, and slightly rude. Odd how he says there are five games but only gives the names of three. Seems like a red flag to me.

[quote name='davo1224']I e-mailed him asking what games were in it and it was almost like an automated reply.

No thanks[/QUOTE]

Gee, I wonder who that reminds me of.

A few things coming up for me:

Picking up Wii Play w/ Remote, Mario Kart: Double Dash, and Silent Hill 3 for $45 tomorrow. :)

Sent e-mails out about $5 Parappa The Rapper 2, and $50 for GameCube, a wireless controller (WaveBird, I hope!), a "white memory card" (MC1019, I hope!), Zelda: Wind Waker, and Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat w/ 2 bongos. I really just want that Zelda, WaveBird, and Memory Card, but it may just be worth it to take the whole package and eBay it out.

Recieved another e-mail that said, "Get it now because this is deal is hot and will be going fast." Poor guy is desperate to sell it.

Today a small find but one that makes me smile:

4 PS2 games all disc's are mint and complete non GH..

Guilty Gear X
Devil may Cry
Devil May cry 2
Ace Combat 5

$20

Pretty good deal to me seeing buying all those used at ebgames would cost me $48.96 before tax.. (Never renewed my edge card)

Got myself: Sega Nomad with 6 games (including Phantasy Star 4) and with the official Nomad case, Car adapter and AC adapter. Also got a Clear NGPC with 3 games. It's only missing the battery cover.

$45

I must have been smoking to much pot back then But I cant remember what the Nomad is lol.. I remember the Game Gear but not the nomad ? ;)

[quote name='Derrick1979']I must have been smoking to much pot back then But I cant remember what the Nomad is lol.. I remember the Game Gear but not the nomad ? ;)[/QUOTE]

portable system that plays Genesis games. Smoking too much weed isn't a good enough excuss either :D

Picked up a NM 60g PS3 w/ Tony Hawk P8 and 2 extra controllers for $400. I was going to bite on a NIB one for the same price, but I wanted to test it. Sold Tony Hawk for $30, so the total for me was $370. Think I might go ahead and sell the controllers too since at the moment, they are pretty much useless to me.

Anyone care to claim this iPod?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ele/371143229.html

[quote name='craigslist weirdo']
IPod found at Mission Bay come claim please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: xxxxxx
Date: 2007-07-10, 6:36PM PDT

I found an IPod at Mission Bay on July 8th 2007. If you lost one, please email me with some details that include the number and contents of the photos, 15 different bands, color, # of GB and color of headphones. If you get all this info correct, we can meet up and you can have it back.
Cheers,
Mike
P.S. I accidentally cummed on it. Sorry about that. I'll do my best to clean it with Windex.

[/quote]

[quote name='Segasonic01']What... the... hell...[/QUOTE]
It's probably an attempt to make the owner not want it back so he can keep it.

CraigsList finds:

Last night someone contacted me about "An NEs with a ton of games that we have to get rid off." It turns out they had been cherrypicking some stuff and selling it on eBay and wanted eBay prices for everything, but I managed to talk them down to $40 for 50 games and two controllers(from $200 for 60 games and the console with four controllers). Too many games to be bothered listing (a lot of them were duplicates, but there were at least a dozen I didn't have), but they included both gold Zelda titles, Paperboy, DuckTales, and Little Nemo: Dream Master. At $0.75 a game, that's pretty much the sweet spot - and I got two controllers in pretty nice shape, too.

I got in touch with someone else who had a ton of stuff, and I managed to snag the following for a scant $60:

NES:
The Adventures of Bayou Billy
Back to the Future 2 and 3
Bases Loaded
Big Nose the Caveman
Captain Skyhawk
Castlevania II
Deadly Towers
Double Dribble
Duck Tales
Festers Quest
Ghostbusters II
G.I. Joe
The Goonies II
Jurassic Park

Iron Sword
Iron Tank
Jackal
Jaws
Kirby’s Adventures

Kung Fu
Legacy of the Wizard
The Legend Of Zelda (GREY VARIANT)
Mega Man
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 6

Pacmania
Paper Boy
Sky Shark
Space Shuttle Project
StarTropics
Super Mario Bros/ Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros/ Duck Hunt/ World Class Track Meet
Super Mario 3
T & C Surf Designs
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Tetris 2
To The Earth
Top Gun: The Second Mission
Videomation
Wheel of Fortune

NES Console
13 Nintendo-branded sleeves
16 black sleeves

SNES:
The Addams Family
Jeopardy Deluxe Edition
Kirby Superstar
Megaman X
NBA Jam
PAC Man 2
Star Fox
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario World 2

Super NES
Super GameBoy
7 sleeves

PSX:
007 Racing
007: Tomorrow Never Dies
007: The World Is Not Enough
Army Men: 3D
Bomber Man: Party Edition
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Crash Bash
Crash Team Racing
Driver 2
Final Fantasy VII (not in original case)
Final Fantasy VIII (with Brady Games Strategy Guide)

Frogger
Grand Theft Auto
Mega Man X4
Mega Man X5
Medal of Honor: Underground
Powerboat Racing
Rainbow Six (No Manual)
Sim Theme Park
Sno Cross Championship Racing
Spec Ops: Stealth Patrol
Star Wars: Demolition
Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (no manual)
Resident Evil 2
Tekken 3
Tomb Raider: Chronicles
Tony Hawk 2
WWF Attitude

PSX Console
PSOne Console
2 Controllers
1 Dual Shock Controller
Sony-branded memory card

Sega Genesis (cart-only):
Arcade Classics: Centipede and Millipede
Jurassic Park
Mortal Kombat
Robocop Vs. Terminator
Sega-Classics Collection
Shinobi III
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic and Knuckles

Sonic Classics (includes 3 sonic games)
Street Fighter II

Sega Genesis Model 3

In addition, he threw in a bunch of GameBoy and GameBoy Color games for the Super Game Boy:

Adventure Island
Arcade Classic 4
Bomberman GB
Conker's Pocket Tales
Dr. Mario

Game & Watch Gallery
Empire Strikes Back
Home Alone 2: Lost in Ny
Kirby: Tilt 'n' Tumble
Kirby's DreamLand

Kwirk
Lion King
Looney Tunes
Milon's Secret Castle
Nail Scale
NBA Jam
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Pinball
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Yellow

Revenge of the Gator
Sea Quest DSV
Small Soldiers
Space Invaders
Super Mario Land
Tetris
Wario Land
Wario Land II
Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

Comes out to about $0.50 per game...with FOUR systems thrown in for good measure. =D

First time poster, first time craigslister (or is it craigslistee?).

Two good scores this week:

Forza 2 and Guitar Hero 2 (both complete but guitar has stickers on it :roll: ) for $90.

i also got a $100 record player for $30 cause it was missing a needle. needle was $10.

p.s. if anyone wants to unload some vinyls on me, feel free.

I got Dynasty Warriors 5 for PS2 for $10. Mint condition. My first CL pickup.

A friend from work bought 13 of my NES Carts from the 50-for-$40 haul from me for $50 =D I gave him a way good deal, though, since it included rarities like Final Fantasy.

But with that, I picked this up for $40:

Nintendo 64
Power Supply
3-rd Party Coaxial Cable
FOUR First-Party Controllers

007 Goldeneye
Army Men: Sarge's Heroes
Cruis'n USA
Knife Edge Nosegunner
Mario Kart 64
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero
Space Invaders
Star Wars: episode I Racer
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Xena: Warrior Princess
Yoshi Story

I already found someone on CraigsList who wants two or three of my spare N64 controllers for $10 apiece, and someone to buy Final Fantasy 8, 9, Anthology, Tactics, and ChronoCross from tomorrow for $30 total...and the cycle begins anew.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']A friend from work bought 13 of my NES Carts from the 50-for-$40 haul from me for $50 =D I gave him a way good deal, though, since it included rarities like Final Fantasy.

But with that, I picked this up for $40:

Nintendo 64
Power Supply
3-rd Party Coaxial Cable
FOUR First-Party Controllers

007 Goldeneye
Army Men: Sarge's Heroes
Cruis'n USA
Knife Edge Nosegunner
Mario Kart 64
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero
Space Invaders
Star Wars: episode I Racer
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Xena: Warrior Princess
Yoshi Story

I already found someone on CraigsList who wants two or three of my spare N64 controllers for $10 apiece, and someone to buy Final Fantasy 8, 9, Anthology, Tactics, and ChronoCross from tomorrow for $30 total...and the cycle begins anew.[/quote]

LOL That's it, I gotta seriously think about starting to raid other states around me for games and systems from CL, since around here all I ever find are incomplete PS1 games which look like someone cleaned them with sandpaper(or in the other end of the bleh spectrum, human fecal matter).

I never find the damned FF's or anything, cept for at 'thrift' stores, which in the end want too damned much for them to be worth it.

Ahhh well....least I've got my games I've found elsewhere for cheap still.

LOL I've found some rare games before, but they usually do look like ass and NEVER come complete. Mind you, the one CLer locally had Breath Of Fire IV with the guide for $15-20, but since the game was in shit condition, I decided not to take either, since they wanted around $20 for the guide itself.

Oh and here's an interesting one, trade a Wii(theirs) for a sandwich(yours). At least, that's how I understood it. Either way, it MUST be a joke post at best.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/tag/380183009.html

LOL I didn't know whether or not to put this one here or in the CL stupidity thread:

'classic' zapper gun, but here's the good part, with a supposedly WORKING R.O.B.(robot that came with the NES)-$60-

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/tag/379810915.html

I just got a hell of a good deal off craigslist and I didn't even have to haggle; I paid the asking price.

I got all these for $100:

PS1 (all complete)

Syphon Filter (GH)
Sorcerer's Maze
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Roswell Conspiracies

GC

Star Wars the Clone Wars (complete)

PS2 (all complete unless noted)

Arc the Lad: End of Darkness
Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana
Atelier Iris 2: the Azoth of Destiny
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II
Call of Duty: Finest Hour (GH, no manual)
Champions of Norrath
Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms
Dark Cloud (no game, just GH case and manual)
Dark Cloud 2 (no manual)
Enter the Matrix
Final Fantasy X-2
Forever Kingdom
Galerians: Ash
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Gauntlet Seven Sorrows (x2)
God of War (GH)
Hobbit
Ico
Kingdom Hearts (GH)
Kingdom Hearts II (Hollywood Video Insert)
Kya: Dark Lineage
Mad Dog II the Lost Gold (some interactive DVD)
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory (GH)
MDK2 Armageddon
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Midway Arcade Treasures
Nightmare of Druaga
Onimusha: Warlords (GH)
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Red Faction
RTX Red Rock (sealed)
Rune: Viking Warlord
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Mayhem
Sly Cooper and the Thievious Raccoonus (GH)
Sly 2: Band of Thieves (GH)
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Spy Hunter (GH)
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (demo disc, sealed)
Tak and the Power of Juju
Tak 2: Staff of Dreams
Timesplitters Future Perfect
Turok Evolution
Wild Arms 4

Considering I can get nearly half my money back on Dark Alliance II alone, I'd consider this one hell of a deal. Lots of these will be going on my trade list later this week. If you're interested in something in particular, PM me and I'll let you know whether or not I'm willing to trade it.

OK, either:

A) All those games were stolen and the person selling them to you just didn't give a shit what to sell them at

B) The person selling them is/was a complete dipshit with no sense of value for anything

B1) Or the person selling them to you was a vindictive ex gf/wife who was selling her ex bf/husbands shit to 'get even' with him, like the one chick around here who was selling a PS2 and about 23 games for $100 a while back.

C) The person selling them needed quick cash for their next fix

or

D) You're just one lucky sonofabitch to find someone so fuckin stupid to sell all that for ONLY $100

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK, either:

A) All those games were stolen and the person selling them to you just didn't give a shit what to sell them at

B) The person selling them is/was a complete dipshit with no sense of value for anything

B1) Or the person selling them to you was a vindictive ex gf/wife who was selling her ex bf/husbands shit to 'get even' with him, like the one chick around here who was selling a PS2 and about 23 games for $100 a while back.

C) The person selling them needed quick cash for their next fix

or

D) You're just one lucky sonofabitch to find someone so fuckin stupid to sell all that for ONLY $100[/QUOTE]

I was wary about the deal going into it, I only took my driver's license and the $100 with me. But after I got there I talked to him and he was just wanting to get rid of it all at once. He had made a post about a week ago asking $150, but he got no replies. It didn't help that he typed his stuff up in incomplete sentences and not in paragraphs. In other words, I just got lucky.

I traded a disc + case Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 (PS1) for a complete Socom 1 with Headset.

It wasn't bad, so I threw in other games I was sick of looking at - disc + manual VR Baseball 97 and complete Gran Turismo. My actual cost was $2 since my games were obtained at GS and I figure that I made out at least slightly ahead in this trade.

[quote name='Whambamm']I was wary about the deal going into it, I only took my driver's license and the $100 with me. But after I got there I talked to him and he was just wanting to get rid of it all at once. He had made a post about a week ago asking $150, but he got no replies. It didn't help that he typed his stuff up in incomplete sentences and not in paragraphs. In other words, I just got lucky.[/quote]

I was gonna say, cause that's one hell of a lot of stuff for $100, much like the PS2 and 23 game I missed out on much earlier this year for $100 or so. The lady who I spoke to on the phone, who had already sold it, sounded like she was the vindictive ex gf type, but I don't wanna stereotype.

Good luck on your part though....wish I could find deals like that locally.

New, smaller CraigsList score today:

PS2 Fat (supposedly has an occassional DRE, but otherwise no problems)
Power cable, controller, and A/V hookup

SNES Mini with two controllers, AC Adapter, and Mario World

He originally told me he had two games for the SNES and two shitty sports games for the PS2, when I arrived he told me his wife couldn't find them and he only had Super Mario World. We had agreed on $20, I told him I'd give him $15 which he sighed and accepted.

I generally shoot for games when I'm buying stuff on CL, since consoles are mostly useless to me except to trade, but at that price...

Made my first Craigslist score today. All games are complete unless otherwise noted.

Playstation with cables w/ 2 dual shock controllers
Memory card pro
Final Fantasy VII GH
Final Fantasy VIII
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
MediEvil
MediEvil 2 (minus manual)
Tekken 3
Dark Stone
Populous: The Beginning
Twisted Metal 2 GH
Tenchu: Stealth Assasins
Lemmings & Oh No! More Lemmings
Tomb Raider III

$35

I'm talking to someone who's selling:

"playstation
1 analog controll
memory card
power replay (pro action replay)
final fantasy 9
final fantasy chronicles (which is final fnatsy 4 and chronotrigger)
chrono cross
guardians crusade
the legeend of dragoon
wild arms 2

nintendo 64
2 coontrols 1 clear green and 1 purple the system is clear green
expansion pack to play certain games
tuork 2 seeds of evil
snowboard kids 2
mario party 3
mortal kombat
wwf no mercy
nba showtime
the legegnd of zelda majoras mask"

And asking $125, plus $5 each for a few SNES games, nothing notable except Secret of Evermore and Mario All-Stars. I countered with $100 for everything, because I really don't think the lot is worth more than that.

I also offered $40 for just:
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy Chronicles
Chrono Cross
The Legend of Dragoon
Wild Arms 2

Snowboard Kids 2
Mario Party 3
Majora's Mask
Super Mario All-Stars
Secret of Evermore

Decent deal? Should I go a little higher? SoE, SK2, LoDragoon, and Wild Arms 2 are all games I don't have, most of the rest will be up for trade.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

My most recent CL score was:

PS3 60GB Complete w/ Box
Component Cables (although I already ordered HDMI from Monoprice)
Extra Wireless Sixaxis Controller
Rainbow Six: Las Vegas

$430

The PS3 was a bit dusty but otherwise in excellent condition. The guy was trustworthy and let me test it out and stuff before I paid of course.

I've found a guy selling four pair of Nike SB's for $125. Still talking to him, I haven't bought sneakers in so long and Dunks are so comfy.

I know, not a gaming find, but still, for the sneakerheads, they'll know.

[quote name='HyundaiJVX']I've found a guy selling four pair of Nike SB's for $125. Still talking to him, I haven't bought sneakers in so long and Dunks are so comfy.

I know, not a gaming find, but still, for the sneakerheads, they'll know.[/quote]

I don't get why any one would pay $$$ for shoes how often do you look down? lol

My deal was selling a PS2 with I forgot how many games for $225 a while back before ps3 and 360.

I know it's another bad addiction. I used to buy shoes more than games, I would get 3+ pairs a month. I've got like 40 pairs. There's just so much hype, sadly the most I've spent on a pair is $220. I guess I always asked for the hot shoes when I was little and never got them, so now that I have money to spend I buy what I always wanted, sneaks and games!

I sold my old Xbox and some sports games on CL the week before the 360 came out for $150. I still think I screwed that guy over.

bread's done
Back