The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='karkyco']As others have said, check to make sure the warranty sticker is there and hopefully make sure it works. Doubt you'll be able to check if it's been banned or not.

But, I'm thinking this guy set it artificially low as a way to fish. He'll probably say "oh it's been bid up to $150" or something along those lines, whether it has been or hasn't. And he'll have many people emailing him, so one will probably bite...[/quote]

Well im not getting email from the guy, but i guess he just holding email just like you said karkyco or someone got it first.

pyoobez has a point, i could easiest sell accessories really fast and end up with free console (maybe).

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']I saw that ad for the broken ps2's. Guy looked desperate to sell them too.[/quote]

Did you notice the guitar hero ps2 games he had? He had 1, 2, 3 and 80's. I comboned those into my purchase and then rolled them over to Gamestop for ~$45 in credit.

Selling a Sega Dreamcast with an RF adapter (Don't have he A/V cable, Sorry), Three controllers, a VMU and a handful of games.

Sonic Adventure
Powerstone 2
Dead or alive 2
Soul Calibur
Toy commander
Hydro thunder

He wants $60. I know Power Stone 2 is actually quite rare. So...worth it? Should I try to lowball?

what do you guys do when someone tries to play the best offer game with you....I usually tell them no thanks because the price they "claim" everyone else offered them is always outrageous.

Putting all rarer and uncommon games aside, what's a good way to tell people that older stuff depriciates in value without sounding like an ass?

I responded to an ad a while ago for a sega genesis, with 1 game. Sonic the hedgehog. Which I think we all know is a very common game for the genny. I offered him $15 bucks for it and the sega. He goes on and says he won't sell it that cheap because he's seen them go for $50. Really? mind showing me where? I'd love to cash in on some clueless people.

Really, I have a choice between spending 100 dollars on a sega from craigslist or finding one at a yard sale for 2 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a game store that's selling off their game cubes for 15 bucks on craigslist. Should I buy any or can they be found for cheaper at garage sales? I know they usually only sell for 30 anyways. It's a 30 minute drive one way which is what is holding me back. (I was also there earlier this week)

So on the note of the 360 with the "1 month Xbox Live trial" -- I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a refurb that is probably wearing out. Microsoft includes those trial cards when they fix your system, and so for $65, it's not a bad deal, but don't expect it to work long. It stinks. :p

[quote name='N3UROP0D']He wants $60. I know Power Stone 2 is actually quite rare. So...worth it? Should I try to lowball?[/quote]

Aaaaand while you're asking us for advice, someone else has already bought it and put Powerstone 2 on ebay. :lol:

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Definetly check out some yard sales if you can. I'd use craigslist or gamestop as a last resort.[/quote]

Yeah, I'll hold out. I've been to a ton of yard sales last summer and never got a GC so I'm getting overly anxious.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Aaaaand while you're asking us for advice, someone else has already bought it and put Powerstone 2 on ebay. :lol:[/quote]

Well not really since I emailed him pretty fast and still haven't gotten any response, but thanks for the non-advice anyway.

Picking up a slim ps2 for $35.00 later today. Comes with a Dual Shock controller, and all hookups, mem card, etc. I figured with the price cut, their would be a few to hit CL sooner or later. This comes at a perfect time as I just bought ICO for 12 bucks from my local Hastings this morning.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Well not really since I emailed him pretty fast and still haven't gotten any response, but thanks for the non-advice anyway.[/quote]

I thought he was trying to infer that he bought it and put Powerstone 2 on ebay.

Anyways, I saw this ad on CL the other day:

[quote name='CL dude']selling 10 xbox games-marvel vs capcom 2,capcom vs snk,capcom vs snk 2,samurai shodown, the king of fighters,kakuto chojin, chronicles of riddick,conker live & reloaded,oddworld munchs oddysee,and jade empire limited edition all in original boxes,adult owned ,only selling all together $80.00firm[/QUOTE]

Obviously the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is what grabbed my attention. I also wanted for myself Capcom vs. SNK 2, SVC Chaos (I think the seller meant that for Capcom vs SNK), Samurai Shodown, King of Fighters, and possibly Conker.

I skipped on it though because the guy didn't live in too great a part of town, the others probably wouldn't have sold for shit, Marvel vs Capcom 2 was missing the manual, and it was $80 I didn't have. What do you guys think, should I have given it a second thought?

"I am selling two Guitar Hero guitar controllers along with Guitar Hero I & II for Playstation 2. Also included are Final Fantasy VII, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Silent Hill 2, Kingdom Hearts 2, Resident Evil -- Code: Veronica X, and Final Fantasy: Dirge of Cerebus. All are in very good condition and work perfectly. Please e-mail me if you are interested! "

She is asking $50. I emailed her and FF7 is black label and in great condition. I might sell it to pay for the rest of the games or keep it. Not sure yet. Also founf this:

" Nintendo 64 console is in perfect working condition, and comes with 3 controllers, a game cartridge box that can hold 12 games, and comes with 20 games.
these games are:

- perfect dark - star wars: rogue squadron - gauntlet legends - starfox 64 - castlevania - super mario 64 - 1080 ten eighty snow boarding - duke nukem: zero hour - zelda: ocarina of time - NHL '99 - super smash bros - madden '99 -NFL quarterback club _WCW mayhem - mario kart 64 - 007: the world is not enough - NHL breakaway '98 - all star baseball '99 - madden 2001 - 007: goldeneye- "

Wants $45.I figure mario kart and smash bros would pay for it.

just got back from a 30 minute drive to get Marvel vs Capcom 2 for $10! Complete with everything, looks like it was barely used. Not even a mark anywhere on the disc.

[quote name='pjg1286']just got back from a 30 minute drive to get Marvel vs Capcom 2 for $10! Complete with everything, looks like it was barely used. Not even a mark anywhere on the disc.[/quote]

Congrats on that deal, been looking for a deal on that game for over a year now. I have a feeling it will end up on LIVE/PSN sometime in the future.

[quote name='pjg1286']just got back from a 30 minute drive to get Marvel vs Capcom 2 for $10! Complete with everything, looks like it was barely used. Not even a mark anywhere on the disc.[/quote]

Enjoy!

[quote name='Tempius']"I am selling two Guitar Hero guitar controllers along with Guitar Hero I & II for Playstation 2. Also included are Final Fantasy VII, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Silent Hill 2, Kingdom Hearts 2, Resident Evil -- Code: Veronica X, and Final Fantasy: Dirge of Cerebus. All are in very good condition and work perfectly. Please e-mail me if you are interested! "

She is asking $50. I emailed her and FF7 is black label and in great condition. I might sell it to pay for the rest of the games or keep it. Not sure yet. Also founf this:

" Nintendo 64 console is in perfect working condition, and comes with 3 controllers, a game cartridge box that can hold 12 games, and comes with 20 games.
these games are:

- perfect dark - star wars: rogue squadron - gauntlet legends - starfox 64 - castlevania - super mario 64 - 1080 ten eighty snow boarding - duke nukem: zero hour - zelda: ocarina of time - NHL '99 - super smash bros - madden '99 -NFL quarterback club _WCW mayhem - mario kart 64 - 007: the world is not enough - NHL breakaway '98 - all star baseball '99 - madden 2001 - 007: goldeneye- "

Wants $45.I figure mario kart and smash bros would pay for it.[/quote]

As to the n64 bundle, controllers with tight sticks will go for $15-18 on Ebay depending on color. N64 games have taken a beating in price since downloadable content came out for the wii.

Got one today:

For 75 I got:

n64 list
star fox 64,wwf no mercy,waialae country club,monopoly, excitebike 64,godeneye 007,lkiller instinct gold, perfect dark, virtual chess,wheel of fortune, mario kart 64, rampage 2, nagano winter olympics, turok 3, starcraft 64, castlevania legacy of darkness, star wars episode 1 racer, pilotwings 64

super nintendo list

a super gameboy,r en and stimpy show,killer instinct,super mario all stars, star fox, super mario rpg, super mario kart, super mario world, super metroid, super street fighter 2

sega genesis:

sonic 2, jeopardy, primal rage, earthworm jim, vector man, krusty's super fun house, power rangers, taz, nba jam te, clay fighter ,sonic 1, aladdin

Plus the three consoles and controllers.

Notable ones are starcraft 64, the mario games (RPG of course), metroid, castlevania, etc.

Sadly the games and systems are really encrusted in a good layer of filth. I'm going ot need a lot of rubbing alcohol to clean up these bad boys. I think the snes may be beyond help - but I will work at it. I'm afraid to get it out of my car trunk since I'm afraid of what's growing in that big tupperware container.

On another note I very excited about the original earthworm jim and aladdin. I use to love both of those games when I went to my cousin's house and she had her genesis.

Got my fingers crossed on these. Posted after midnight, I emailed about an hour later.

For sale a Sega Genesis with 13 games and one remote control..$ 15.00 Or best offer..
For sale a Super nintendo with 7 games no remote control ..$12.00 or best offer..Thank you
For sale a Sega Dreamcast with 7 games, 2 Remote controls and memory card..$15.00 or Best Offer..Thank you

[quote name='dys006']Got my fingers crossed on these. Posted after midnight, I emailed about an hour later.[/quote]

NOOOOO haha i just got done emailing them!!!!

This lot includes: Final Fantasy 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, final fantasy tactics and chrono trigger along with the strategy guides for final fantasy 1,2,4,7,8,9,10, and chrono trigger. I would like to sell this as a complete set. I bought every one of these games brand new except 4/chrono trigger. They all play great still with no problems. I can't find 10s original box but i do have the manual still.

What should I offer? He's asking for 150.

[quote name='perdition(troy']This lot includes: Final Fantasy 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, final fantasy tactics and chrono trigger along with the strategy guides for final fantasy 1,2,4,7,8,9,10, and chrono trigger. I would like to sell this as a complete set. I bought every one of these games brand new except 4/chrono trigger. They all play great still with no problems. I can't find 10s original box but i do have the manual still.

What should I offer? He's asking for 150.[/quote]

Why are you even asking. $150 is a steal for that if they all come with the original boxes and manuals. Say you will pay the $150 and go get it. If you want to negotiate do it while you are there not over email. That listing should be gone within the hour.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I know its a steal as it is, I have already offered the full $150. I was just wondering if I should try to get him down 10-15 bucks sometime during the purchase.[/quote]

You should always try to do that at point of sale

don't waste to much of your time on the email, if i see something i want i go to the persons house quick especially if its a good deal because 8/10 times there are a dozen other people behind you

and remember some people will sell it to someone else too. I had that happen to me before because I wasn't quick enough.

Anyways, what are you guys thoughts on THIS? I bet it's gone by now

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ele/1108543782.html

Picked up a big Xbox lot today to do some reselling with.

2 Xbox game consoles, both with Samsung DVD drives
2 sets of cables
X2VGA converter
Microsoft High Definition AV Pack
16MB memory card
DVD remote & receiver
2 Dance Dance Revolution mats
3 Controllers (not working 100%)

4x4 Evo 2
AMF Xtreme Bowling
Carve
Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex
Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 4
Finding Nemo
Fuzion Frenzy
IHRA Pro Drag Racing 2004
IHRA Pro Drag Racing 2005
Karaoke Revolution w/ Mic
Lego Star Wars
Madden NFL 2003
Madden NFL 2005
Madden NFL 08
MechAssault
Project Gotham Racing
Project Gotham Racing 2
NHL 2005
Sega GT 2002 / JSRF
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003
The Bible Game
The Chronicles of Narnia
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
World Championship Poker

Total: $100

Going to swap the Samsung DVD drives into the media center Xboxes running in my house for their Thomsons, then resell the systems. Karaoke Revolution and the X2VGA look like good flips as well.

Today I picked up a PS3 for $100 that just needs a new hard drive (and only came with power/av cable, no controller). I thought I was getting a 20GB model, but turned out to be a 40GB but not like I can complain for the price..trade PS2 BC for WiFi. I might have kept it if it was 20GB, but I'll be reselling this one.

Wife was selling husbands system because they were getting hard drive errors and they didn't want to send to Sony and had bought a new one. Was $100 obo but I offered $100 right after it was posted.

A couple weeks back I picked up a pretty good deal on an N64 System for $50. It came with 2 controllers, memory card, rumble pack, memory expansion, Mario Kart 64, Mario 64, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Zelda Majoras Mask, Donkey Kong 64, Starfox 64, Goldeneye, Waverace, Diddy Kong Racing, 3 worthless games, and 1 other I cant remember off the top of my head (stuff isn't with me at the moment)

I'll be picking up a Sega Genesis Model 3 with all cables and one controller for $15. The guy wanted $20 and also offered a Barbie game, but told him to keep it and offered $15. He bit.

[quote name='God of War']NOOOOO haha i just got done emailing them!!!![/quote]

No dice. I got no email back and the posts are gone.
I'm generally still not fast enough to get the ridiculous ones. Like the Turbo Grafx lot for $10 a few weeks ago.

Also make sure it's actually factory sealed instead of this guy sealing it himself which I would think is a common occurence on craigslist given the lack of a feedback system.

Emailing this guy as I post I wanted to know what games he had.
http://kpr.craigslist.org/ele/1112308801.html

will except best offer-Nintendo Gamecube and 30+ games - $80 (Richland)

Reply to:
Date: 2009-04-07, 8:21PM PDT

Nintendo Gamecube, 3 Corded controllers, 1 wireless nintendo controller.

has 30+ games with titles such as Need for Speed underground 2, MVP baseball, NBA live and Madden

Games, System and Contollers all in good condition

[quote name='kube00']Emailing this guy as I post I wanted to know what games he had.
http://kpr.craigslist.org/ele/1112308801.html

will except best offer-Nintendo Gamecube and 30+ games - $80 (Richland)

Reply to:
Date: 2009-04-07, 8:21PM PDT

Nintendo Gamecube, 3 Corded controllers, 1 wireless nintendo controller.

has 30+ games with titles such as Need for Speed underground 2, MVP baseball, NBA live and Madden

Games, System and Contollers all in good condition[/quote]

Normally when someone doesn't post the games it can either be a goldmine or because they are shit. The fact he listed NFS, MVP Baseball, NBA Live and Madden makes me believe it's the latter. I'd give even money that there are at least 20 sport titles or similar garbage in that lot. Let us know if he ever gets back to you. Each controller worth ~$8 at Gamestop plus it may be a wavebird ($20-25) so might not be bad if the games are halfway decent.

Picking this up tomorrow for $50. Woman says she went through 5-6 people who didn't show up.

This is a used Nintendo 64 console with two controllers, two rumble packs and memory card. In working condition.

Games include: Top Gear, Bass Hunter, Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, Scooby Doo Classic Creep Capers, 007 Golden Eye, Wave Race, Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey 98, Jet Force Gemini, Star Wars Episode I Racer, The New Tetris, Super Smash Brothers, Vigilante 8, Hexen, Spiderman, South Park Rally, Star WArs Episode I - Racer, Army Men & Sarge Heros - 2, All Star Baseball - 99, Star Wars - Rogue Weapon, Beetle Adventure Racing, Zelda 0 Ocarina of Time, Clay Fighter 63 1/3, Pokeman Snap, Star Fox 64, Excite Bike 64, Madden 2001, WF War Zone, Wrestlemania 2000, Gauntlet Legend, XG2, Power Rangers Rescue, Pokemon Stadium and Mario Kart.

picked up a good one last tonight:

$100
Great Condition SNES w/ two controllers in nice condition

-Lawnmower Man
-Yoshi's Island
-Wheel of Fortune - looks like dog chewed the shit out of it
-Street Fighter Alpha 2
-Frogger
-Art of Fighting
-Tom and Jerry
-Kirby's Dream Course
-Pinocchio
-Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose
-Paperboy 2
-FIFA 96
-Shaq Fu
-Brawl Brothers
-Harvest Moon
-Killer Instinct
-Ms Pac Man
-Donkey Kong Country
-Donkey Kong Country 2
-Super Mario All-Stars w/ Mario World
-Tetris Attack
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
-Mario Paint
-Fatal Fury 2
-Super Mario Kart
-NHL 96
-Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
-Super Mario World
-Super BattleTank
-Goof Troop
-Populous
-Zombies Ate My Neighbors

There are a few good stand outs in there. Obviously Harvest Moon is the numero uno and I will be very happy to add that to my personal collection.

----

Oh yeah another one I got a few weeks ago.

Game Boy Advance (regular w/ no back cover)
2 wireless adapters
spyro
barbie princesses
pokemon (gold and red i think)
and mega man 5

for 20 dollars

mega man 5 is like the 2nd rarest game boy game so I was happy to pick that up. Cover art looked brand new, etc.

It sat on craigslist for like 2-3 weeks. It was kind of a haul for me but it worked out perfectly since I had to head out there anyways so I was going 3/4 of the way and decied just to add the extra 20 or so min drive to it.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']don't waste to much of your time on the email, if i see something i want i go to the persons house quick especially if its a good deal because 8/10 times there are a dozen other people behind you

and remember some people will sell it to someone else too. I had that happen to me before because I wasn't quick enough.

Anyways, what are you guys thoughts on THIS? I bet it's gone by now

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ele/1108543782.html[/quote]

The ad is still up as of now. Too bad I'm not in their area, as I'd grab that in a second and maybe see if the little lady needs a little "consoling" over her failed relationship.

:lol::lol: Not really, as I'm not that bad, but a PS3 for a buck and a half is a stupid crazy deal. I just wish the damn thing were up in my area, as I'd have snagged it by now.

Someone is asking $400 for this... any thoughts? I certainly wouldn't mind flipping it(if that's even possible) not to mention I'd really like to fool around with it over the summer. There were a couple more pictures but it was just for bonus discs/close up shots/etc so I figured I shouldn't bother posting them too. Unfortunately the listing is picture-only so you'll have to eyeball it:

Last edited:
Damn.

I don't think you could flip it for $400, most of those are somewhat common games (and some of them don't look US, because I remember a few of those titles not being in longboxes, but I could be wrong). But still, that's a hell of a nice collection. Maybe he'd take $300 for it?

3DO? not worth it. i suppose having a bunch of complete titles is sort of nice, but 3DO just doesn't cut it for me (i own two systems and a pile of games, all bought for next to nothing). i wouldn't give more than $60 for the whole lot.

Last year, I managed to score a NES and a SNES mint in the boxes with at least 15 games, about half of which were in their original boxes. I ended up paying only $50 for both systems.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Damn.

I don't think you could flip it for $400, most of those are somewhat common games (and some of them don't look US, because I remember a few of those titles not being in longboxes, but I could be wrong). But still, that's a hell of a nice collection. Maybe he'd take $300 for it?[/quote]

Yeah I wasn't really too excited about paying $400 if it didn't really equate to a good return. I'm a sucker for FMV games though(for whatever strange reason) so it really caught my eye there for a moment.

It's a lowball compared to what they want but I might see if they can do $200, if not no big loss.

viewtiful joe 2 g
final fantasy 1 and 2 gb
prince of persia warrior within p x g
mortal kombat deception p x g
transformers p
yu gi oh gb
super mario 3 gb
wwe day of reckoning g
mario party 5 g
LOTR return of the king p x g
nfl street p x g
fable x
star wars jedi knight:jedi academy x
splinter cell pandora tomorrow x
star wars battlefront 2 p x
pokemon red blue yellow regular gameboy
max payne 2 p x
manhunt p
killzone p
full spectrum warrior x
star wars battlefront p x
metal gear solid twin snakes g
XIII p x g
ace combat 5 p
LOTR third age p x g
call of duty united offensive pc
dragonball z budokai 2 p
devil may cry 3 p
metal gear solid 3 p
twisted metal black p
hitman contracts p x
tekken 5 p
def jam fight for ny p x g
yu gi oh capsule monster colliseum p
goldeneye rogue agent p x g

All guides. Worth it or a waste of money?

[quote name='perdition(troy']viewtiful joe 2 g
final fantasy 1 and 2 gb
prince of persia warrior within p x g
mortal kombat deception p x g
transformers p
yu gi oh gb
super mario 3 gb
wwe day of reckoning g
mario party 5 g
LOTR return of the king p x g
nfl street p x g
fable x
star wars jedi knight:jedi academy x
splinter cell pandora tomorrow x
star wars battlefront 2 p x
pokemon red blue yellow regular gameboy
max payne 2 p x
manhunt p
killzone p
full spectrum warrior x
star wars battlefront p x
metal gear solid twin snakes g
XIII p x g
ace combat 5 p
LOTR third age p x g
call of duty united offensive pc
dragonball z budokai 2 p
devil may cry 3 p
metal gear solid 3 p
twisted metal black p
hitman contracts p x
tekken 5 p
def jam fight for ny p x g
yu gi oh capsule monster colliseum p
goldeneye rogue agent p x g

All guides. Worth it or a waste of money?[/quote]

Well I don't know about it being flippable or w/e but if it was me and just for collector purposes I would not want any of them. Well maybe the pokemon yellow and final fantasies, and pushing it for me would be Viewtful Joe.

I was looking for a saturn to test a handful of shlubby games I had, and I ended up with this for 90 bucks:

Yippee!

bread's done
Back