The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='Porksta']Got off Craigslist for the low price of free.[/quote]

I hope you can see this because I'm flipping you off as hard as I possibly can. Nice find. I just get a bunch of over priced garbage in my craigslist.

Someone better jump on this before I figure out how to efficiently package and sell this on Amazon Marketplace:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tag/685913719.html

Xbox - Steel Battalion - $40 (Anaheim Hills)

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-05-18, 5:24PM PDT

This is a complete set and it is virtually brand new (note this is for original Xbox not 360 system). Everything included. Game was given to an 8 year old who couldn't figure out how to play it and it has sat in the closet ever since.

I was wondering if guys think i should accept this. He only has an ebay account for verification, with 6 positive buys, 12 sells, 0 negatives. He's selling me ($90) the follwoing games. It's obviously a steal, but he wants me to send cash. Take a chance?

Jak 3
God of War 1

God of War 2
.Hack Part 1: Infection
.Hack Part 2: Mutation
.Hack Part 3: Outbreak
.Hack Part 4: Quarantine
.Hack//GU Vol. 1: Rebirth
.Hack//GU Vol. 2: Reminisce
Xenosaga 1
Xenosaga 2
Xenosaga 3
Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts 2

[quote name='edavis0780']Someone better jump on this before I figure out how to efficiently package and sell this on Amazon Marketplace:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tag/685913719.html

Xbox - Steel Battalion - $40 (Anaheim Hills)

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-05-18, 5:24PM PDT

This is a complete set and it is virtually brand new (note this is for original Xbox not 360 system). Everything included. Game was given to an 8 year old who couldn't figure out how to play it and it has sat in the closet ever since.[/quote]

Why is it that NO ONE around by me is EVER getting rid of something THAT COOL? If I were on the West Coast, I would SO snap that up for $40. It's a steal.

Here is my latest find:

Rock Band (360)
Blue Dragon
FFXI (360)
Pokemon Diamond

All for $35.

Currently trying to get a 40GB PS3 w/ Condemned 2 for $220, but I cannot get this guy to commit to a meeting time.

[quote name='the_punisher']I was wondering if guys think i should accept this. He only has an ebay account for verification, with 6 positive buys, 12 sells, 0 negatives. He's selling me ($90) the follwoing games. It's obviously a steal, but he wants me to send cash. Take a chance?

Jak 3
God of War 1

God of War 2
.Hack Part 1: Infection
.Hack Part 2: Mutation
.Hack Part 3: Outbreak
.Hack Part 4: Quarantine
.Hack//GU Vol. 1: Rebirth
.Hack//GU Vol. 2: Reminisce
Xenosaga 1
Xenosaga 2
Xenosaga 3
Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts 2
[/quote]

If you're a sucker. Something traceable, or meet up. Bring a knife. Any con preys on the mark's greed or desire for a deal, and that is way too good to be true. "Mail untraceable cash only" is a huge red flag.

But if he's actually legit and you succeed, great find!

Picked up Zelda Collector's Edition (GC) for $15. No manual, but disc is mint. Missed out on a great GC collection System, Gameboy Adapter, Pikmin 1 with Guide, Pikmin 2, Mario Party 4, Lego Star Wars II, and couple other good Cube games for $100. By the time I got in touch with the lady, offered $60 for just the games, she had taken everything to Gamestop. Ouch.

[quote name='hoofrog']Here is my latest find:

Rock Band (360)
Blue Dragon
FFXI (360)
Pokemon Diamond

All for $35.

Currently trying to get a 40GB PS3 w/ Condemned 2 for $220, but I cannot get this guy to commit to a meeting time.[/quote]

Where is this deal?

My best craigslist score in a while

1 Complete PS1
2 Controllers
4 Player adaptor stand
Game signal splitter box

Xenogears (Black Label) Mint
Resident Evil 3 (Black Label) Mint
Legend of Dragoon (Black Label) Mint
X-men Vs. Street Fighter (Disc Only)

ALL FOR $20!!!!

Nabbed a nice Wii package last night:

Wii console
1 Remote
1 Nunchuk
1 Remote glove
$80 in VC titles including LttP, Mario 1-3, a bunch of others
Wii Sports
Mario Galaxy (no manual)
Wario Ware (disc-only)
Okami (complete)
Zelda (complete)

$270 for the bundle

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Why is it that NO ONE around by me is EVER getting rid of something THAT COOL? If I were on the West Coast, I would SO snap that up for $40. It's a steal.[/quote]

Thanks for pointing that out. Gonna try and go for it if it's still available.

Working on this:

This ds is in perfect condition. Comes with charger and a couple of games... cooking mama, final fantasy 3, animal crossing, zelda's phantom hour glass, and a couple of others. All in great shape. Make offer.

Offered $80 she seems fine with it. Good, bad, or just about right? A lot may depend on the "couple of others".

In my experience a little bit harder to get a GREAT deal on CL as opposed to Yard Sales. At a yard sale I would start at $40 and work my way up if necessary. Stuff moves pretty fast on CL.

mvc2:xbox: 37 great condition! wouldnt go down to 35 oh well.. also got hellsing ultimate 2,3 for 45 online and dbz for 30
2533922752_8c08b3684e.jpg

May have just closed on this 15 DS & 5 GBA games for $100:

Lost Magic
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Sonic Rush
Electroplankton
Polarium
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time- Also includes Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
Another Code (US title: Trace Memory, Purchased on vacation in France)
Super Mario 64 DS
New Super Mario Brothers (With Bonus Mario Golf Advance Tour)
Warioware: Touched!
Metroid Prime Hunters
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
Nintendogs: Dachshund and Friends
Tony Hawk's American Sk8Land
Meteos

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Fire Emblem
Warioware Twisted

[quote name='ya0']mvc2:xbox: 37 great condition! wouldnt go down to 35 oh well.. also got hellsing ultimate 2,3 for 45 online and dbz for 30
2533922752_8c08b3684e.jpg
[/quote]
Hopefully that DBZ was new, Walmart has that for 19.99-27.99 depending on what walmart you go to.
good catch on that MVC2, not a Cheapass Deal, but good for the game.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Hopefully that DBZ was new, Walmart has that for 19.99-27.99 depending on what walmart you go to.
good catch on that MVC2, not a Cheapass Deal, but good for the game.[/quote]

ya i looked at two walmarts and they didn't even have season 5, also checked bestbuy and it was 40 and i finally went to circuit and it was 30. Trying to get LUNAR COMPLETE FOR 35 ps1

Was able to pick up the DS/GBA collection I posted before for $100. Also threw in a Zelda GBA cart. Looking forward to giving Electroplankton a try, if I don't care for it . . . off she goes.

This wasn't a cheapass deal, but the profit I get should pay a couple bills this month. I got the following PS1 RPGs for $120, they're all complete unless stated otherwise:

Final Fantasy 7 (black label)
Legend of Legaia
Parasite Eve (with demo disc)
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Vagrant Story (with demo disc)
Vanguard Bandits (no Lunar 2 demo)
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Xenogears (black label)

I got a Sega Master System with 3 control pads, 2 control sticks, a light phaser and 29 games (27 boxed, no manuals) for $25. I also got a N64 with expansion pak, Mario Kart, Mario 64, Zelda OoT, and Banjo Kazooie + 6 other games for $25 the same day.

I'm in talks right now for a PS2 slim for $15, but it only comes with the power and composite cables. It's a model 70012, which was one of the first slim models, so I'm hoping like hell it still works for $15.

I have a couple spare PS2 controllers I could bundle one with it and turn around and flip it back on CL for $30-40 easily. Although, a slim PS2 for $15 probably won't last long on CL.

How much should I offer for:

Nintendo NES to sell, with 2 controllers, 1 nintendo zapper and 13 games.

List of games:

-Super mario bros/duck hunt
-Super mario bros 3
-Hoops Basketball
-Top secret episode
-Nascar challenge
-Bases loaded 2
-Top gun
-Alien syndrome
-Nes open tournament golf
-Destination earth star
-Jack Nicklaus
-WF Wrestle Mania
-Journey to sirius

[quote name='sonia1234321']How much should I offer for:

Nintendo NES to sell, with 2 controllers, 1 nintendo zapper and 13 games.

List of games:

-Super mario bros/duck hunt
-Super mario bros 3
-Hoops Basketball
-Top secret episode
-Nascar challenge
-Bases loaded 2
-Top gun
-Alien syndrome
-Nes open tournament golf
-Destination earth star
-Jack Nicklaus
-WF Wrestle Mania
-Journey to sirius[/QUOTE]

$20?

I just got a SNES with Mario All-Stars, Mario World, Zelda ALLTP, F-Zero, Sim Earth, Sim City, Magic Sword, and NBA Jam for $20.

The SNES is yellowed to all heck, but it works. It's so uniformly yellowed it looks like a limited edition Zelda Gold SNES.

Finally picked up my first CL deal today. Made the gf very happy.

-Playstation console with cords/controller
-5 memory cards
-FF IX w/ guide
-FF VIII w/ guide
-FF VI
-FF V
-FF IV
-FF Tactics
-4 cruddy bargain bin games

All games are complete, black label and in great condition. Wanted $80 but took $50.

[quote name='davyd']Finally picked up my first CL deal today. Made the gf very happy.

-5 memory cards
-FF IX w/ guide
-FF VIII w/ guide
-FF VI
-FF V
-FF IV
-FF Tactics

All games are complete, black label and in great condition. Wanted $80 but took $50.[/quote]
You sir got a deal

Could use some advice, have a potential pick up later today of

n64
2 controllers + rumble pack
spiderman

dreamcast
4 controllers
shenmue

for 15, should I do it? I'm not sure how hard shenmue or the dreamcast are to find these days.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Could use some advice, have a potential pick up later today of

n64
spiderman

dreamcast
4 controllers
shenmue

for 15, should I do it? I'm not sure how hard shenmue or the dreamcast are to find these days.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeh

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Could use some advice, have a potential pick up later today of

n64
spiderman

dreamcast
4 controllers
shenmue

for 15, should I do it? I'm not sure how hard shenmue or the dreamcast are to find these days.[/quote]

Yes you should. $15 for Shenmue alone is worth it. Throw the Dreamcast in and that's deal-of-the-year material.

I'm on my way to pick up a Sega CD and "20 games" for $40 all with cases and instructions, half of which are Genesis games and half are Sega CD. She says they're all "wizard games" which intriigues me. I'll post the results of this deal here, later.

I figure I can ebay off any duplicates and I'll have a good deal on my hands, too.

What are "wizard games" lol rpgs? Shesh...and I emailed the girl back, gonna try to do a pick up tomorrow!

Shenmue is one of the games I've always wanted to play, but I've avoided Sega since the Saturn's demise.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']What are "wizard games" lol rpgs? Shesh...[/quote]

I got to the crappy rental townhouse where the girl (who was still at work) told me her husband would be all day. When I knocked, this older lady came to the door looking really ragged and I said

"I'm here for the Sega system." She was surprised and went to get her son (the husband of my contact), and I heard him say "What? Naaah. It's been gone. " I heard him try to call the wife and said he can only get text messages on his phone. He said "it's worth waaay more than $40.00." Finally he came to the door shirtless, tattooed and sporting what looked like scar on his ribs from a stab wound and said he didn't want to sell and didn't know what she was thinking. Just so we were all on the same page, I offered to call the wife since she e-mailed me her number in case I need directions. She picked up, thankfully, and I told her he was telling me it wasn't for sale...

"YES it IS!!" she said.

I handed the deadbeat the phone and they got into a little phone argument right in front of me at the door. I pulled out the $40.00 to cash-in-face the guy. He goes in and the mom invites me in, too. He had the box there with all the stuff and walks to the other side of the room. He said he didn't really want to sell, so I laid the cash down near the box and casually began looking through it. While he continued to mumble, with his mom firmly on his side, I began pulling some games out to make a smaller offer for since I already have a JVC X'Eye.

He finally said "Alright, man, I guess so." Now in getaway mode, I began putting the games I had pulled back into the box just as casually as I had pulled them out. He was still obviously on the fence so I began bullshitting him on other topics while he handed me the power cord from the wall. I said he should pocket the $40.00 and have his wife take him out for dinner! He replied "Shiiiit..." I said "Well that looks like everything. Later, man."

Here's what I just brought home...

DSC_0192-sizedjpg.jpg

DSC_0185-sizedjpg.jpg

DSC_0186-sizedjpg.jpg

DSC_0187-sizedjpg.jpg

DSC_0188-sizedjpg.jpg

DSC_0189-sizedjpg.jpg

DSC_0190-sizedjpg.jpg

DSC_0191-sizedjpg.jpg

Ultracade Mulit gaming system arcade-$250

I see these thing going from $700 to $3000 on ebay. Its been sitting in my guest house for a couple of years now. I turned it on today but the screen doesn't work. It's probably an easy fix. I used to have it in my tatoo shop, the enchanted dragon, on speedway. It still turns on. I have some people living in my guest house now and its just taking up to much space. I am only asking $250 for on it. I live in central tucson.

Please call 8109231346

How easy of a fix is this?
Is it worth it?

Not a big find, but still cool nonetheless:

All PS2 Games (and all complete!):

Devil May Cry (GH)
Fight Night 2004 (meh)
Fight Night Round 3 (double meh)
Rogue Galaxy
FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus (GH)
Shadow Hearts: From the New World.

If I can Goozex Rogue Galaxy, FFVII:DOC, or SH, then I've instantly gotten my money back.

Not bad for roughly $3.33 a game!

Will get pictures up later if requested.

[quote name='davyd']Finally picked up my first CL deal today. Made the gf very happy.

-5 memory cards
-FF IX w/ guide
-FF VIII w/ guide
-FF VI
-FF V
-FF IV
-FF Tactics

All games are complete, black label and in great condition. Wanted $80 but took $50.[/quote]

Hmmm...how did you get FF IV, V, and VI on PS? Were these the Chonicles and Anthology?

And Cambot, I'm SOOOOOOO jealous. Complete Shining Force 1, Crusader of Centy, and Lunar? NIIIIIIIIIICE/10

I was pretty excited when I stumbeld across this ad on craigslist, and I picked this up yesterday evening. It looks like the lady already removed the ad.

It was an ad entitled "Super Nintendo Japanese version - $20", and was listed as being close to me. There was a pic of about 10 Super Famicom games in the ad as well.

So I contacted the person, she told me it was "in Japanese, games in Japanese" I told her no problem, and met up with her after work yesterday. I was wondering what she was doing with a Super Famicom, but considering she was located in Little Osaka (west LA's Sawtelle Blvd), it made a bit more sense. When I saw what she had, I didn't bother haggling it down, $20 was fine for me.

For a $20 bill I score from a Japanese lady:

1. Super Famicom, complete with original box, styrofoam insert, instructions, the AV cables, power supply, and 2 controllers.*
2. 13 Super Famicom games (all cart only except for a few instruction manuals)...the only ones I recognized are Super Mario World (with instructions), Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island (recognized by the pic of the island on the cart), some Dragonball game, one of the Street Fighters, and the rest I will need to test out to be sure what they are. Haven't had a chance to do so yet. I will update once I figure out what they are...I am hoping that some are rare JRPGs, Seiken Densetsu 1/2 and the like.

* = Note, the outer box top is a little beat up..but overall in very nice condition. HOWEVER, the whole package smells a little weird...like it has come from a Japanese/Asian home (or maybe a Japanese restaurant)...smells like tempura cooking oil, I don't know how else to describe it LOL. I will clean it up and test the games. I also told the lady to call me if she finds any more games, as she said she may have others.

The Japanese lady that sold me the Super Famicom called me again yesterday and told me she found a few more games for the system, and to see if I wanted them since she had no use for them. BUT THEY ARE IN JAPANESE, YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND. I told her sure and that I'm learning Japanese so it will help me (and crossed my fingers that they would be JRPGs), and arranged to pick them up yesterday after work.

So I get there and she gives me 2 games for free (well, I already paid the $20 for the set) that make this overall deal just, well, amazing. Definitely recognizable games. I actually took some pics yesterday night of some of the games and the system. I still haven't had a chance to play with it. 15 games total, and a complete Super Famicom system with box...$20.

Pic #1 is the system. I've cleaned the unit up a bit (wasn't too dirty or anything, but that smell is annoying...so I threw a fabric softener sheet in the box)

Shot #2 is of Super Mario World 1 and 2 (Yoshi's Island)

#3 are a couple of the games I don't recognize (besides the Dragonball Z game)...anyone have any ideas what these 2 on top are??? I guess I will have to play them to figure it out. Top left game is the only one with any damage - the sticker is peeling on the top right

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, the money shots. I went back yesterday and got...
DragonQuest VI and a complete Final Fantasy VI...I didn't realize Romancing SaGa 3 was in the original stash either. I wonder what these are worth (probably worth a lot more in Japan)? There's still another 7 games I will take pics of.

[quote name='karkyco']

#3 are a couple of the games I don't recognize (besides the Dragonball Z game)...anyone have any ideas what these 2 on top are??? I guess I will have to play them to figure it out. Top left game is the only one with any damage - the sticker is peeling on the top right

[/quote]

I'd have to say the top right game is Yu Yu Hakusho. Don't ask me anything else about it! Kinda embarrassed I know that much.
Good haul!!

[quote name='karkyco']#3 are a couple of the games I don't recognize (besides the Dragonball Z game)...anyone have any ideas what these 2 on top are??? I guess I will have to play them to figure it out. Top left game is the only one with any damage - the sticker is peeling on the top right

[/QUOTE]
The kanji on the upper-left game is too blurry for me to make out, but the katakana before it says "Dodge," so I'd assume it's some sort of dodgeball game. The other two are Yu Yu Hakusho and Dragonball Z.

[quote name='karkyco']Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, the money shots. I went back yesterday and got...
DragonQuest VI and a complete Final Fantasy VI...I didn't realize Romancing SaGa 3 was in the original stash either. I wonder what these are worth (probably worth a lot more in Japan)? There's still another 7 games I will take pics of.

[/QUOTE]
Honestly, those games go for peanuts here in Japan, because everybody with a Super Famicom owns a copy. Cart-only Dragon Quest VI is probably worth $3, Romancing Saga 3 maybe $2, and the complete Final Fantasy VI around $10. But in America, you may be able to get a little more for them... maybe.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The kanji on the upper-left game is too blurry for me to make out, but the katakana before it says "Dodge," so I'd assume it's some sort of dodgeball game. The other two are Yu Yu Hakusho and Dragonball Z.

Honestly, those games go for peanuts here in Japan, because everybody with a Super Famicom owns a copy. Cart-only Dragon Quest VI is probably worth $3, Romancing Saga 3 maybe $2, and the complete Final Fantasy VI around $10. But in America, you may be able to get a little more for them... maybe.[/quote]

Cool, thanks. Ah well, I'm happy with them. I need to get back out to Japan and score some sweet loot. Especially giant diecast robots. BTW, I had another craigslist score today that is probably my best ever. I made out like crazy. Damn, it looks like the ad is gone.

Some lady posted she had kicked out and was divorcing her husband and selling his stuff including his "electronic games" and posted it in the electronics section and listed it as being in Beverly Hills, so it had to be close by. I thought it could be bogus, but she responded to my email, and I met up with her this morning.

I get there and she shows me a giant CD holder, I take a look and it is FILLED with PS1 and PS2 games.

I've got to go, but I will post pics and a list tomorrow. I got her number because they are all disc only and she said there may be more as well as the cases as she goes through the house she will look, but the games are unreal. I think it has every Final Fantasy on PS1, just tons of RPGs. At least a hundred games. I told her they weren't exactly what I'm looking for, and since they're disc only they're not worth much. I ended up giving her $100 and I think it was the best $100 I've ever spent.

bread's done
Back