The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

Is this a good deal? $55 for all of these games for the original xbox

Advent Rising
Breakdown
Brute Force
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Dark Summit
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (with pre-order bonus DVD)
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Doom 3
FarCry Instincts
Halo
Iron Phoenix
Max Payne
NBA Street Volume 2
New Legends
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee
Outlaw Golf: 9 Holes of X-Mas
Pariah
Phantom Dust
Project Snowblind
SSX Tricky
Thirteen
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X
Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
Worms Forts Under Siege
Worms 3D
Worms 4 - Mayhem

[quote name='evuong']Is this a good deal? $55 for all of these games for the original xbox

Advent Rising
Breakdown
Brute Force
Dark Summit
Doom 3
FarCry Instincts
Halo
Iron Phoenix
Max Payne
NBA Street Volume 2
New Legends
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee
Pariah
Phantom Dust
Project Snowblind
SSX Tricky
Thirteen
Worms Forts Under Siege
Worms 3D
Worms 4 - Mayhem[/QUOTE]

Just a quick look over them seems like they're all games that are dirt cheap on Ebay etc... I would say only if you really want those games for yourself go for it if you have the money. But if you're doing it to try to flip them you wont have much luck.

[quote name='Bing147']There are some very good games to play there, but no value. If they're for you, good deal. If its to sell, not really.[/QUOTE]

I would be buying them to add to my collection, so I probably will get it

thanks

Picked these both up last night for $120

l.jpg

[quote name='evuong']Is this a good deal? $55 for all of these games for the original xbox

Advent Rising
Breakdown
Brute Force
Dark Summit
Doom 3
FarCry Instincts
Halo
Iron Phoenix
Max Payne
NBA Street Volume 2
New Legends
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee
Pariah
Phantom Dust
Project Snowblind
SSX Tricky
Thirteen
Worms Forts Under Siege
Worms 3D
Worms 4 - Mayhem[/QUOTE]
Check the values of some of those on amazon, they have a lot of 30 dollar trade ins right now.

[quote name='vantheman']Check the values of some of those on amazon, they have a lot of 30 dollar trade ins right now.[/QUOTE]

For Xbox 1 games? Without looking I am going to go ahead and say bullshit.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']For Xbox 1 games? Without looking I am going to go ahead and say bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Not bullshit. Tons of random PS1, GBA, Xbox, N64, and other games are having really high values as of late. Go scour the Amazon trade in thread.

[quote name='Mizzou75']
5L75G15U43Ea3Ic3Nec9pc847928caf7116e6.jpg

Anyone have any idea what the game in the upper left corner is?[/QUOTE]

Out to Lunch, a pretty poor SNES platformer. Veritcal scrolling only, annoying music. Not worth more than a few dollars. (easy to confuse with panic restaurant, a significantly better restaurant themed platformer for the NES that is worth tons)

[quote name='jer7583']Out to Lunch, a pretty poor SNES platformer. Veritcal scrolling only, annoying music. Not worth more than a few dollars. (easy to confuse with panic restaurant, a significantly better restaurant themed platformer for the NES that is worth tons)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. The guy sold it already, unfortunately.

Anyone ever traded a 360 for a car? I responded to this just posted on local CL:

"I have a running driving 96chrysler town and country ill consider trading for a 360bundle worth 350-400$ well worth it if u need a vehicle to drive around or to just messs around with txt me"

Even in crappy condition it is worth 650 bucks. Hell I can even pick up a star wars bundle from kmart for the guy and really set him up lol.

What do you guys think a Ice N64 in box with manual / styrofoam tray is worth? Ebay seems all over the place with some selling really high and others not selling at 1/4 the price.

^^ A car!? Lol. Maybe a guy trolling?

Edit: Maybe a mistake. But ended up passing on the N64. There was someone else interested last night, and by now there could have been a whole lot more interest. But last night the other guy offered $60 and I backed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Artrigis']What do you guys think a Ice N64 in box with manual / styrofoam tray is worth? Ebay seems all over the place with some selling really high and others not selling at 1/4 the price.

^^ A car!? Lol. Maybe a guy trolling?

Edit: Maybe a mistake. But ended up passing on the N64. There was someone else interested last night, and by now there could have been a whole lot more interest. But last night the other guy offered $60 and I backed out.[/QUOTE]
I got a reply text this morning. Guy is serious as a heart attack about the xbox for a car. I feel like Im on one of those barter shows.

Craigslist has been pretty hot for me the last few weeks. After the Suikoden II find a couple weeks ago, I might be picking this up today all for $100

Contra III
Earthworm Jim
Chessmaster
Lagoon
The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse
Breath of Fire
Drakken
Mickey's Ultimate Challenge
Jungle Book
Lufia
Mystic Quest
Illusion of Gaia
Robotrek
Secret of Mana Mint in the Box w/guide
Mario RPG
Final Fantasy III

[quote name='Mizzou75']Craigslist has been pretty hot for me the last few weeks. After the Suikoden II find a couple weeks ago, I might be picking this up today all for $100

Contra III
Earthworm Jim
Chessmaster
Lagoon
The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse
Breath of Fire
Drakken
Mickey's Ultimate Challenge
Jungle Book
Lufia
Mystic Quest
Illusion of Gaia
Robotrek
Secret of Mana Mint in the Box w/guide
Mario RPG
Final Fantasy III[/QUOTE]

She couldn't find the guide for Secret of Mana but threw in another copy of Illusion of Gaia and a few other games. They are dirty as all hell, of course, and of course they were smokers, but I should be able to clean them up decently and make a good amount of money.

The Secret of Mana cartridge and box look remarkable. Comes with everything - cardboard insert, manual, map, all other inserts. This should net me a pretty penny on itself.

Does anyone have any tips on cleaning up smoke smell in cartridges?

[quote name='Mizzou75']Does anyone have any tips on cleaning up smoke smell in cartridges?[/QUOTE]

I believe there is a method of putting them in plastic with some baking powder to get smells out. I bought some dirty snes games a few months ago and while I'm sure this is an ignorant way to do it, I sprayed a little bit of febreeze into a plastic grocery bag and tied the games up in it. After a day or two I couldn't smell smoke on them. Baking soda would probably be more efficient though, in a plastic storage tub with the games elevated and not directly in contact with the powder.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mizzou75']She couldn't find the guide for Secret of Mana but threw in another copy of Illusion of Gaia and a few other games. They are dirty as all hell, of course, and of course they were smokers, but I should be able to clean them up decently and make a good amount of money.

The Secret of Mana cartridge and box look remarkable. Comes with everything - cardboard insert, manual, map, all other inserts. This should net me a pretty penny on itself.

Does anyone have any tips on cleaning up smoke smell in cartridges?[/QUOTE]

Personally, when I bought a bunch of Sega games at a shitty thrift store(that closed within about 2 months) they were both smokers(the workers) so I just let them sit out in a room in my house that has a good amount of air flow and just let them kind of lose the smell. As far as cleaning, I just used basic cleaning supplies and some goo gone for the stickers.

A few of those I'm interested in if you wanted to float me a pm with some prices/trades ;)...

So, not quite a find, but a pretty good story...

Monday I picked up a Sega Master System with the box for $30, with a couple of games. I meet up with the guy, pick up the bundle, and get it home to find out...it doesn't work.

When I picked it up, he said to contact him if I had any issues (as we all do...). So, I took him up on his offer, expecting full well to be sent on a wild goose chase. Drove out there again today and sure enough, true to his word. I returned the SMS and games, he returned the money I paid.

For all the horror stories I hear about people getting scammed and screwed over, it was kinda nice to do CL business with a guy like that. Sucks to not have a boxed SMS, but got my money back, so just as good.

Yeah, my SMS doesn't seem to work. Power light goes on and all, but there is no picture/sound on my TV. :( I'm hoping it's just dirty inside, with the cart connection or something.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Does anyone have any tips on cleaning up smoke smell in cartridges?[/QUOTE]

Seal them up in a Rubbermaid container (the newer the better) for a while.

Found four Ps3 games today, all complete and in great condition. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (with the original AC), Mortal Kombat, Deus Ex:HR, and Skyrim for $35 total.

Alright so I am trading a 360 and 2 games for this 1996 chrysler town and country van. It has 244k miles but "runs well". It is missing the sliding door window. My question is should I sell it without the window or try to replace the glass? Any auto experts here?

sony_cybershot_dsc_h20-275x178.jpg

Bought this camera tonight for $30 LMAO. Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H20. This has got to be stolen or something. Bought it from a kid in high school. Said his mom got a phone with a nice camera so she had him sell it. Ehhhhh....

Hopefully it's not broken but if it is I could make my money back with eBay. Having a charger being shipped now.

[quote name='storino03']Might be a 50/50 situation. Hopefully the car doesn't end up being a lemon and die on you before you decide to sell it.[/QUOTE]
Wouldnt the straight up salvage value be about 300 bucks?

[quote name='killercane']Alright so I am trading a 360 and 2 games for this 1996 chrysler town and country van. It has 244k miles but "runs well". It is missing the sliding door window. My question is should I sell it without the window or try to replace the glass? Any auto experts here?[/QUOTE]

Make sure you drive it as the tranny is a likely problem on that van. Try a junkyard for the window, it shouldn't be that hard to replace and would probably make the van sell a lot better to an end user. Otherwise you could craigslist it for at least $500 as a mechanics special if it really does seem to run ok.

335212412440OVR1.gif

Well I bought this for just $30 last night. Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H20 camera. Just the camera. Now I'm waiting for a charger to arrive from eBay so I can figure out if this works. This high school kid I bought it from claimed it works and he was selling it for his mom because she got a new phone with a nice camera.........BS haha.

It would be nice if this works. I could use it for my Digital Imaging class instead of borrowing a massive Nikon camera from my teacher. If it's broken, I could easily make my money back on eBay.

Someone on Craigslist posted a huge game/system lot. He hasn't gone through everything yet but in the pictures there are:

3 NES, 1 SNES, 3 N64s, a GameCube, a PSX, a Genesis, an XBOX, some Ataris, A TurboGrafx, tons of controllers and accessories.

Tons of NES and Atari games. Some complete PS1 games. 10 complete N64 games (including Conker, Ocarina of Time, Snowboard Kids, RE2, Pokemon Stadium and Kirby) and a bunch of other stuff.

I shot him an e-mail asking what he was looking for for everything. Probably out of my budget but worst case scenario I'd love to get the N64 stuff.

I'm hoping to be getting FFVII, RE0 and Way of the Samurai 2 for $30 today. The person said that was fair to them, so I'm hoping they aren't all beat to shit.

[quote name='tuffguycore']I'm hoping to be getting FFVII, RE0 and Way of the Samurai 2 for $30 today. The person said that was fair to them, so I'm hoping they aren't all beat to shit.[/QUOTE]

This in WB pa? I saw that ad with those games. Anyway I just got back from picking up this bundle.

GameCube with 15 games for $25. The best games were

Digimon rumble arena 2
Mario sunshine
Sonic adventure battle 2
Paper Mario
Pokemon colosseum

The rest were sports and wrestling games. Everything is mint tho!

bought a bunch of ps2, ps1 games.
ps1
chicken run
coolboardrs 2001
shrek treasure hunt
triple play 2001
nhl 99
scars
fifa 2000
looney tunes sheep raider
south park rally
ps2
golden eye
espn nhl
espn nhl 2k5
lord of the rings return of the king and fellowship
cod 3 and finest hour
dark cloud
aeonplux
moh rising sun
gun
dark summit
and some wothless computer game
paid 40 for the lot

[quote name='lude21']This in WB pa? I saw that ad with those games. Anyway I just got back from picking up this bundle.

Digimon rumble arena 2
Mario sunshine
Sonic adventure battle 2
Paper Mario
Pokemon colosseum

The rest were sports and wrestling games. Everything is mint tho![/QUOTE]

Very nice. I have a digimon rumble arena 2 ive been sitting on for awhile. Oh well, everything eventually sells.

Ugh.. been dry for me lately. Last find was the 22nd with those pokemon games, which the values plummeted on now because of the new pokemon game coming out soon. Ive only sold 2 of em since I refuse to sell at $19 like everyone else, they will eventually bounce back up.

Ive found 2 good bundles since the 22nd, one never got back to me, and the other I was too lazy to go get. a 45min drive for me, (but I should of, xbox360, n64+games for $100, could of sold n64 stuff and got a free spare xbox for streaming in the living room)

Picked up a DS Lite in it's box with light use, great condition with the charger and stylus. Black, was $40. Decent price? I wanted to play the FFIV remake, now that I look there's some decent looking DS gamers i'd like to play too.

[quote name='materialz']Picked up a DS Lite in it's box with light use, great condition with the charger and stylus. Black, was $40. Decent price? I wanted to play the FFIV remake, now that I look there's some decent looking DS gamers i'd like to play too.[/QUOTE]

I bought my silver one on ebay last year for about 50 with a game, so I'd say you did alright if you ask me. I just didn't like that it wasn't a DSi.

[quote name='lude21']This in WB pa? I saw that ad with those games. Anyway I just got back from picking up this bundle.

Digimon rumble arena 2
Mario sunshine
Sonic adventure battle 2
Paper Mario
Pokemon colosseum

The rest were sports and wrestling games. Everything is mint tho![/QUOTE]

Yeah, the WB. They, of course because I was actually excited to get this deal, stopped responding once I sent my phone number. I don't know if it's the fact I'm a transplant(so I don't have a 570 number) or that I had a job so they couldn't call me whenever the hell they wanted, but it seems to happen more than I'd like.

Where'd you score that GC I didn't see that ad and I'm on there like every half hour haha?

[quote name='tuffguycore']I bought my silver one on ebay last year for about 50 with a game, so I'd say you did alright if you ask me. I just didn't like that it wasn't a DSi.[/QUOTE]

I actually almost got a DSi but decided against it because I wanted to play my GBA cartridges on it with a backlight. I know the SP works fine for that but they seem to be $50 or so all the time so I figured why not get a lite.

Besides, if I want to upgrade later, I almost have enough reward points to get a free 3DS XL!

[quote name='tuffguycore']Yeah, the WB. They, of course because I was actually excited to get this deal, stopped responding once I sent my phone number. I don't know if it's the fact I'm a transplant(so I don't have a 570 number) or that I had a job so they couldn't call me whenever the hell they wanted, but it seems to happen more than I'd like.

Where'd you score that GC I didn't see that ad and I'm on there like every half hour haha?[/QUOTE]

You must of missed it. It was this one.

Reply to this postReply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Original gamecube with games ! Email for details
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

I emailed her 8 min. after she posted it. You see that ad with the tons of SMS stuff, etc. from a few days ago. I grabbed a couple things from her (posted above) but she said someone was coming for all the games. I was happy to finally get KQ SMS for a decent price! Big KQ fan!

[quote name='materialz']I actually almost got a DSi but decided against it because I wanted to play my GBA cartridges on it with a backlight. I know the SP works fine for that but they seem to be $50 or so all the time so I figured why not get a lite.

Besides, if I want to upgrade later, I almost have enough reward points to get a free 3DS XL![/QUOTE]

That rules that you have that much credit. I just got a 3ds from the cowboom sale last week, so I'm happy enough without the 3DS. I have enough trouble with stuff on a tighter screen, I can't imagine holding two tablets for a system personally haha.

And yeah, I thought the same, at this point I'm just biding my time for a nice backlit GBA SP to pop up whereever I can find it to play the old GBA games. I have most of the FFs for it(I have them for the PS as well, so I guess it's mostly overkill at this point) and they're the only thing I'd want to play again.

[quote name='lude21']You must of missed it. It was this one.

Reply to this postReply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Original gamecube with games ! Email for details
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

I emailed her 8 min. after she posted it. You see that ad with the tons of SMS stuff, etc. from a few days ago. I grabbed a couple things from her (posted above) but she said someone was coming for all the games. I was happy to finally get KQ SMS for a decent price! Big KQ fan![/QUOTE]

Like I said, I swear people get scared off because my number doesn't start with 570 around here. They either stop responding or they get super antsy and sell while I'm still at work even if we already had a deal worked out. I don't mind someone else getting the item if they get more, but at least give me a chance to counter before you go and sell it behind my back...

got a massive 45 boxed pc game lot for $10.

2efhw1j.jpg

2jdfmkp.jpg

28gqwkm.jpg

vdqo6.jpg

etrom is sealed.

v4wj9k.jpg

anyone have any info on these games? tried some quick google/ebay searches but couldn't find anything.

2vkglzn.jpg

system shock :hot:

[quote name='NiiNJA']got a massive 45 boxed pc game lot for $10.

anyone have any info on these games? tried some quick google/ebay searches but couldn't find anything.

[/QUOTE]

King's Quest, Ultima, D&D, Zork are all classics so I imagine collectible.

Indiana Jones is amazing and I would think worth quite a bit. Awesome LucasArts game.

Wheel of Time is like a fps based on the book series. Last book is coming out around Christmas so I have to imagine there is a following for it.

[quote name='NiiNJA']got a massive 45 boxed pc game lot for $10.
2efhw1j.jpg

2jdfmkp.jpg

28gqwkm.jpg

vdqo6.jpg

etrom is sealed.

v4wj9k.jpg

2vkglzn.jpg

system shock :hot:
[/QUOTE]

So jealous of your find, you have no idea. I've wanted to have a hard copy of System shock longer than I can think and I would have gladly paid 20 for that alone at this point haha.

bread's done
Back