The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

Picked up the following for $75 today, and I have made some great purchases in the past week, but this one has been one of my favorite.

It's my third personal copy of Dracula X, and I do not know I keep finding this game so easily.

http://imageshack.us/f/833/img2684mz.jpg/

Marvel vs. Capcom
Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
X-men vs. Street Fighter
Silent Hill 3 (with bonus soundtrack)
Parasite Eve (with bonus collector's CD)
Dracula X

[quote name='Krullwolf']
It's my third personal copy of Dracula X, and I do not know I keep finding this game so easily.
[/QUOTE]

Lucky... I would LOVE a copy of Dracula X, it's just too damn expensive :cry:
And great finds ;)

[quote name='tuffguycore']So jealous of your find, you have no idea. I've wanted to have a hard copy of System shock longer than I can think and I would have gladly paid 20 for that alone at this point haha.[/QUOTE]haha i was amazed to see it in there! was hoping the second one would follow but no dice. :cry:

and to the other poster who quoted me, thanks for the general info about some of the games, i was specifically looking for info on the 5 games above my text though. they're all in japanese/korean and the titles are pretty much the only thing in english.

Good news! Got my charger today for the Cyber-Shot camera I bought for $30 and the camera works!

And I'm now 100% sure this was stolen.

I was hoping to sell this after I use it for digital imaging class. probably will have to wait to I come home from college in December. I don't want to risk getting in trouble by selling it on eBay with the location being in the same area I bought the camera.

For $5 I managed to snag 2 ds lites with wall chargers and car chargers as well as carrying cases for each. Both systems have broken hinges, but one of them is fully functional. The other has a blank white top screen...but I can fix that rather cheaply.

In a separate craigslist transaction I got Mario vs DK 2 march of the minis complete for $5.

Man you can find some deals in rich neighborhoods for cheap! lol

Had someone respond to one of my Craigslist ads selling my N64 for a trade. I think I came out pretty well.

What I had:
- N64 w/ 2 Controllers
- The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time
- Castlevania 64
- Pokemon Stadium w/ Transfer Pack
- Mortal Kombat Triology
- Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Sub Zero
- South Park Rally
- Wave Race 64
- Monster Truck Madness 64
- Cruis'n USA
- Star Wars Rouge Squadron
- San Francisco Rush - Extreme Racing
- V-Ralley Edition 99
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
- WWF War Zone
- WCW vs NWO World Tour
- WCW/NWO Revenge
- Gameshark

What I got:
- Black Gamecube w/ 2 controllers and 16 games, 4mb and 16 mb memory card
- Soul Calibur 2
- Lord of the Rings Two Towers
- Mega Man Anniversary Collection
- Mega Man X Collection :hot:
- Hitman 2
- Super Smash Bros Melee
- The Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures
- The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker & Ocarina Master Quest Combo
- The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition (missing disc, but contacted guy and will meet up and get it later)
- Capcom vs SNK 2
- Sonic Mega Collection
- Sonic Gems Collection
- 2 Crap Harry Potter Titles
- Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
- Scooby Doo! Night of 100 Frights
- Nintendo Selects - Super Paper Mario for the Wii

I feel like I came out ahead on the deal as that was a spare N64 I had laying around and the games shouldn't be too hard to get again.

Gamecube is already listed on Craigslist with the two crap Harry Potter games, Call of Duty and Scooby Doo, so I should hopefully be able to get $30 back out of that.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Had someone respond to one of my Craigslist ads selling my N64 for a trade. I think I came out pretty well.

What I had:
- N64 w/ 2 Controllers
- The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time
- Castlevania 64
- Pokemon Stadium w/ Transfer Pack
- Mortal Kombat Triology
- Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Sub Zero
- South Park Rally
- Wave Race 64
- Monster Truck Madness 64
- Cruis'n USA
- Star Wars Rouge Squadron
- San Francisco Rush - Extreme Racing
- V-Ralley Edition 99
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
- WWF War Zone
- WCW vs NWO World Tour
- WCW/NWO Revenge
- Gameshark

What I got:
- Black Gamecube w/ 2 controllers and 16 games, 4mb and 16 mb memory card
- Soul Calibur 2
- Lord of the Rings Two Towers
- Mega Man Anniversary Collection
- Mega Man X Collection :hot:
- Hitman 2
- Super Smash Bros Melee
- The Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures
- The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker & Ocarina Master Quest Combo
- The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition (missing disc, but contacted guy and will meet up and get it later)
- Capcom vs SNK 2
- Sonic Mega Collection
- Sonic Gems Collection
- 2 Crap Harry Potter Titles
- Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
- Scooby Doo! Night of 100 Frights
- Nintendo Selects - Super Paper Mario for the Wii

I feel like I came out ahead on the deal as that was a spare N64 I had laying around and the games shouldn't be too hard to get again.

Gamecube is already listed on Craigslist with the two crap Harry Potter games, Call of Duty and Scooby Doo, so I should hopefully be able to get $30 back out of that.[/QUOTE]

I'm just jealous of the collections/Zelda collectors. Nice one!

Well not much but just got Super Metroid for $15 pretty good considering it goes for $35-$40 on ebay. Also traded my copy of ActRaiser for Mega Man X and same guy says he will sell me a copy of Super Metroid and Zelda A Link to the Past for $10 each

Got this PS2 RPG Collection (All complete in mint condition, a few of them is still brand new/sealed/unopened) for $250.

What do you guys think? Bad or Good deal?

Magna Carta, Star Ocean, Fatal Frame 3, Grownlanser = BRAND NEW/SEALED

dscn0026r.jpg

[quote name='postaboy']Got this PS2 RPG Collection (All complete in mint condition, a few of them is still brand new/sealed/unopened) for $250.

dscn0026r.jpg
[/QUOTE]

lol looks like you broke into my house and took a box of games from my closet!

I would say not too bad there:applause:just missing some of the Mega Ten games

[quote name='postaboy']Got this PS2 RPG Collection (All complete in mint condition, a few of them is still brand new/sealed/unopened) for $250.

[/QUOTE]

I'd say you did great. Those sealed games could make bank.

[quote name='MasaTFC']lol looks like you broke into my house and took a box of games from my closet!

I would say not too bad there:applause:just missing some of the Mega Ten games[/QUOTE]

Wonder how long it'll take the seller to regret his decision and start buying those games again. :D

dscn0026r.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wonder how long it'll take the seller to regret his decision and start buying those games again. :D

dscn0026r.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Damn! I thought that was Growlanser Generations: Deluxe and i was about to straight up offer you money for it. Besides that nice job man!

thanks for the comment guys.
I sent the seller my highest offer ($250) for his collection and I was surprised that he accepted my offer. These games should keep me busy for awhile.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/vgm/3339000901.html
I'm not sure how I feel about this set. That SNES is cracked in. If it weren't I'd talk him down a little lower than the asking price.[/QUOTE]
on a very quick look, that stuff is worth at least $350 (i didn't look up anything, and being that there are 32 NES games, i just estimated them at $5 each, though some are definitely worth more). You might try 150, but they may not budge.

I got all this for 400.. Three different deals, one was 200, the other where 100 each.. okay deal i think

both black 3ds are ambassador,

9F4F4C09-D294-4A1F-80E6-2ABDBFDEF718-8370-00000514F183171C.jpg

Just landed a 3DS myself today. Blue, with the box. Better yet, it's an Ambassador and the guy I bought it from hadn't even heard of the program. He never registered it, either.

^ Nice congrats you two.

Haven't had time to go to yard sales / stalk CL for weeks. Looked at CL today and found something decent.

Guy wanted $55, offered $40 and he took it. Got Pikmin 1, 2, Mario Party 6, 7, and sonic gems collection. All have cases / manuals except sonic which has no manual.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I wondering if I should get a original xbox for $20. All I know that it works and comes with two controllers. Hmm...[/QUOTE]

Flip or keep?

My Goodwill sometimes has Xboxes that range from $4.99 to $9.99. I already got one a few years ago for $14.99 that included the cords and a controller. It's easier getting into a 'new' console, if the initial purchase at the very least includes all the cords and a controller or two so you don't have to buy extra accessories in order to play a game (besides the games themselves)

I have been having some decent luck on Craigslist lately.

traded some guy my N64 with Snowboard Kids and 2 controllers for Chrono Trigger and Lagoon. Minish Cap is complete.

Nice haul with the N64. I don't see any good lots anymore. I think the area I am in for C-list is pretty busted these days. 90% of the ads are resellers and flea markets trying to unload junk. Just bundles of games. I keep an eye out but there is just so much crap these days. I haven't gotten anything game related for probably 6 months or so off the C-list here.

When I was up home a month ago for like 4 hours I happened to get a pretty good deal. It was a UK DS w/ voltage converter and 6 games for 40. Games were Mario Kart, NSMB, Mario 64, Zelda and two others.

Then a week later was that neon sign I posted last month too when I was visiting home.

Down here I use to once in a while do well because I'd offer what I think is fair value for stuff that I want to keep a collection or get a real real real big collection and have enough money upfront for it.

Dear god I actually got a find. Everything was $35

4sff6c.jpg

24g50e1.jpg

24fzns4.jpg

okc4yq.jpg

And yes, those boxed n64 games are as mint as can be!

Very nice! Good collection of NES games along with the boxed N64 games.

I forget to mention I picked up a Wacom Intuos 3 complete with carrying case, extra tips, the mouse, etc. for $75. Not am amazing deal but it was one of the bigger drawing area ones and I'm guessing I probably saved 75 - 100 versus what I would pay online.

287015-samsung-galaxy-tab-2-7-0.jpg

I got a REALLY good trade last night. Traded my HP 20" 2010i LCD monitor, which I bought for 30 BUCKS, for a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. It's in perfect condition too.

Not even sure how good of a deal I got, but paid $30 for (all SNES, - really wanted bomberman):

- Super Bomberman
- Demolition Man
- The 7th Saga
- Carrier Aces (CIB)

He also had Chrono Trigger for $50 & Secret of Mana for $40 ... Worth it?

Had a buy yesterday. Paid $140 for it all, delivered.

Emailed the guy 20min after he posted it, he said he had 3 others interested in it.

Wii, 4 controllers, 16 games, 2 dance pads, 2 guitars.

Going to keep new super mario bros.. been trying to get one of these in a bundle for half a year, finally got one lol.
BTW, new super mario bros wii and ds have different levels right?

[quote name='evuong']Not even sure how good of a deal I got, but paid $30 for (all SNES, - really wanted bomberman):

- Super Bomberman
- Demolition Man
- The 7th Saga
- Carrier Aces (CIB)

He also had Chrono Trigger for $50 & Secret of Mana for $40 ... Worth it?[/QUOTE]

It's only worth it if you're a purist hardcore collector. If you just want to play the game get it on PS1 or DS. You'll spend less then half that.

I prefer it on the DS as 8 bit and 16 bit games work well portable to me. Though I never personally played the SNES version.

Yeah, it's a little hard to decide if it is really worth paying $50 for Chrono Trigger for SNES. I have the DS and PS1 versions, I have quibbles with those two versions for different reasons (text size too small on DS, and PS1 loading times) At least it's on the VC for $8. I personally wouldn't pay more than $30, but it's your choice.

It's strange to see GoW on such an old system. On other hand, before being painted the NES likely had yellowing, so this paint job is an improvement over what it likely looked like before.

So I need your help guys. Some guy on Craig's is selling a few RPGs. But not sure if the games are legit or what I should pay for the lot.

"This is a very nice lot of some nice rare games. The lot consists of a Brand new never opened Final Fantasy 7 , Final Fantasy 8(just 4discs), Final Fantasy 9(Black label), Final Fantasy X-2, Vagrant Story(Just disc), Grandia(Complete), Mario RPG, E.VO. Search for Eden, Lunar Silver Star Story(Complete in box), Guardian Heroes(disc only), legend of Dragoon(complete), that's it for now, I think. Best offer takes them, I know what they're worth, so don't lowball me. This is a great bundle, some games worth over $100 easy. For more info text Thanks. All pics there except for Final Fantasy x-2 and Legend of Dragoon
P.S Final Fantasy 7, never been touched in it's protective cover(pic was just saved from Pc)"

Edit: the guy is asking $250 for the lot but I think I'll pass since he seems a bit shady. I asked him if the pics he posted of the games where the actual games and he said "some of them", he just got the pics online and posted them on his ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dude just might need to make rent or a car payment. Let him know you will pay his asking price if the items are as described and satisfactory to you. If you meet up and its shit, bail out.

[quote name='209chromatic']So I need your help guys. Some guy on Craig's is selling a few RPGs. But not sure if the games are legit or what I should pay for the lot.

"This is a very nice lot of some nice rare games. The lot consists of a Brand new never opened Final Fantasy 7 , Final Fantasy 8(just 4discs), Final Fantasy 9(Black label), Final Fantasy X-2, Vagrant Story(Just disc), Grandia(Complete), Mario RPG, E.VO. Search for Eden, Lunar Silver Star Story(Complete in box), Guardian Heroes(disc only), legend of Dragoon(complete), that's it for now, I think. Best offer takes them, I know what they're worth, so don't lowball me. This is a great bundle, some games worth over $100 easy. For more info text Thanks. All pics there except for Final Fantasy x-2 and Legend of Dragoon
P.S Final Fantasy 7, never been touched in it's protective cover(pic was just saved from Pc)"

Edit: the guy is asking $250 for the lot but I think I'll pass since he seems a bit shady. I asked him if the pics he posted of the games where the actual games and he said "some of them", he just got the pics online and posted them on his ad.[/QUOTE]

It's a little expensive in my opinion (Although Lunar is easily worth around $100). Like others said though, go check it out and buy it if you like it.

bread's done
Back