The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']I'm getting the PS2 minus the tv for $100. I'm meeting him at his house - is this protocol for buying systems? I'm a pretty big guy (6'4", 230 pounds, workout and all that, blah blah), so I'm not overly concerned for my physical safety, but if the dude is going to shoot me or something it won't be worth going out there. How do these sorts of things typically work out?[/QUOTE]

I dunno where you live but if his address is somewhere shady (ie the ghetto, lol) then I would bring someone with you. I doubt you're gonna get shot for a $100 PS2. The N64 games I bought earlier in the thread (for $25) turned out to be some chubby white girl. lol

[quote name='Diosoth']There's nothing wrong with a price of $15 for that Gamecube. Anyone who thinks they should put the effort into trying to offer $5 is just being cheap. Not real surprising, when some poeple believe it's their birth right to get everything handed to them.

If you bought that lot at Gamestop you'd pay about $60.

No doubt according to some people here, the $5 I paid for that Saturn lot in the flea market thread was probaby too much and I should've offered $3.

This is why I tend to list "price is firm" in my CL ads, I don't need some yokel trying to talk me down when I'm probably already losing money on the deal. Pay what I ask or begone.[/QUOTE]

What's the point of haggling of something that costs a dollar or

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up the PS2 bundle... guys, this stuff is in BEAUTIFUL condition. Holy cow. Made an instant friend. He even offered to let me borrow Arkham Asylum. I declined, only because he hasn't yet played it. I didn't want to feel like I was robbing the guy.

GameCube is gone, as is RE5, but I could get another copy of RE5 from someone else for $25. I'll have to hit the trade threads to get a PS3 version. Anywho, I'll snag a Cube from my brother and get Twin Snakes, some Metroid stuff and Zelda.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Jeez, some guy just went crazy listing huge lots of pretty cool stuff on my CL...

http://longisland.craigslist.org/vgm/1349274640.html
http://longisland.craigslist.org/vgm/1349306380.html
http://longisland.craigslist.org/vgm/1349323397.html
http://longisland.craigslist.org/vgm/1349359723.html
http://longisland.craigslist.org/vgm/1349434055.html

and more...prices seem crazy but maybe I'll score something cool, already emailed the guy.[/QUOTE]

Woah, i live in the same town as the guy. To bad i never use craigslist. Im curious to who it is...

Do yall think i should jump on this?

PS3 60 GIG (BC) with soul calibur 4 , with 1 controller and all cables for $200.

PS2 (slim) with co ax converter, controller, memory card, and rumble roses, shadow hearts 2, and bmx xxx for $30.

PSP with memory card, charger, case, dragon ball z, ratchet and clank game, and lords of dogtown movie for $50

I can buy it all for $250 firm.

Missed out on some free games, whatever they may have been. Nice guy listed free items because of moving, with only one hour since the post, I decided to drive by to see if there was anything, and of course, "box of video games" were already gone. Walked away with a nice lamp though.

img3026.jpg

TOTAL: $50.00

[quote name='westbank1']Do yall think i should jump on this?

PS3 60 GIG (BC) with soul calibur 4 , with 1 controller and all cables for $200.

PS2 (slim) with co ax converter, controller, memory card, and rumble roses, shadow hearts 2, and bmx xxx for $30.

PSP with memory card, charger, case, dragon ball z, ratchet and clank game, and lords of dogtown movie for $50

I can buy it all for $250 firm.[/QUOTE]

Ideally, i want to flip it all and make well enough for a new ps3 slim.

[quote name='westbank1']Ideally, i want to flip it all and make well enough for a new ps3 slim.[/QUOTE]

I'd stick with the 60GB for a bit, and wait for the second generation of slims to come out. Just in case there are bugs or problems with them.

Not to tell you what to do or anything, but I'd go with this offer for a slim if you have $500+ in bills, gas and food per month and don't want to wait:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211521

Rarely find great deals around here on Craigslist, but I was happy to get a Rock Band guitar + the first game for $15. Im not big on music games normally and only wanted the deal for the guitar as Im getting the Beatles game. It just fit what I was seeking.

[quote name='nnthomas']Cant see what the N64 games are but nice find.[/QUOTE]

most of the N64 games are pretty crappy but she wouldn't break up the bundle...

Star Wars Shadow of the Empire
WCW vs Nitro World Tour
NBA Hang Time
War Gods
Dark Rift

lol. so i posted an ad looking for games and systems on craigslists and got this:

I have this Nintendo championship gold game and people are telling me that it might be worth some money but I really don’t know much about it. Are you willing to buy it, and for how much?

oh if only it were true, haha

[quote name='Mizzou75']lol. so i posted an ad looking for games and systems on craigslists and got this:

oh if only it were true, haha
[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Play along and ask for a pic of it. Play dumb and say something like, "hmmm I've never heard of it, how much are you asking for it?" If he keeps trying to get a price out of you, then offer low. Like $100 or something ridiculously low. You never know, and you can always play dumb if he calls you on it.

I also found a gold world champ cart on craigslist in my area.

The guy posted a few games he had and it was in the list.We emailed back and forth a few times and then he tells me he looked up the prices of the games online to get an idea of what he would sell them to me for.He then found out how rare it was and after a lot more emails back and forth over the course of days he tells me someone else is interested and offered $12,000 for it.I told him to take it because i couldnt match that offer.He wasn't sure or not if the other guy interested was BSing or not.He told me he would keep in touch and let me know what happened to it if he sold it or not but i never heard anything else from him again and i even emailed him a few times asking.

I tried everything to get him to meet me so i could actually see the game,but nothing would work.He didnt feel safe coming to my house and he wouldn't let me come to his.The kid was only 16 (or so he claimed) and he said he bought the game at a garage sale a few years ago.He did send me a picture of it though with the other games he was selling.

Im still undecided on if he was BSing me the whole time or not.
Im leaning towards not because if he was just some scammer then why wouldnt he just try to get me to make a payment with paypal or western union or something and tell me he would just ship it.

If you were buying it solely to make money (which I would not have done on this game because it is so rare) you could have still made a few thousand if you had bought it for $12,500 or so. There was one on eBay that went for over $17,000 a few months ago.

Haven't been scouring CL that much due to lack of funds, but someone emailed me with some games for sale and after going back and forth on pricing, we met today.

All SNES, all cart only, all great condition -

Donkey Kong Country 2 - $5
Secret of Evermore - $5
Zelda: LttP - $15

Then as a bonus, he threw in four games for free because he figured no one would buy them -

Pilotwings
Clayfighter Championship Edition
Hyperzone
Some soccer game

I talked him down from $10 to $5 on Evermore, but didn't bother on the Zelda because I just wanted to grab it since it was the last console Zelda I needed (barring CD-I).

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']If you were buying it solely to make money (which I would not have done on this game because it is so rare) you could have still made a few thousand if you had bought it for $12,500 or so. There was one on eBay that went for over $17,000 a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i know what the previous one went for my only problem was coming up with the $$$ to make a better offer which i couldn't do.

I emailed him again a little while ago to see whats up but i doubt i even get a response.

I picked up 2 six-axis controllers, the official sony blu-ray remote, and the pelican ps2/ps3 adapter last night. It wasn't a steal, but I needed the controllers and wanted the remote, so I am pretty happy.

[quote name='icpmattj']I also found a gold world champ cart on craigslist in my area.

The guy posted a few games he had and it was in the list.We emailed back and forth a few times and then he tells me he looked up the prices of the games online to get an idea of what he would sell them to me for.He then found out how rare it was and after a lot more emails back and forth over the course of days he tells me someone else is interested and offered $12,000 for it.I told him to take it because i couldnt match that offer.He wasn't sure or not if the other guy interested was BSing or not.He told me he would keep in touch and let me know what happened to it if he sold it or not but i never heard anything else from him again and i even emailed him a few times asking.

I tried everything to get him to meet me so i could actually see the game,but nothing would work.He didnt feel safe coming to my house and he wouldn't let me come to his.The kid was only 16 (or so he claimed) and he said he bought the game at a garage sale a few years ago.He did send me a picture of it though with the other games he was selling.

Im still undecided on if he was BSing me the whole time or not.
Im leaning towards not because if he was just some scammer then why wouldnt he just try to get me to make a payment with paypal or western union or something and tell me he would just ship it.[/QUOTE]

Total bull. He lured you in with thinking you would get it at a low price, then he "looks up the price" and tells you someone else is interested so you'd be inclined to pay more than what this "other buyer" offers.

He won't come to you, nor will he let you come to him, So how exactly will he get his money? If you would have said you'd pay the higher amount, I'm positive he'd ask you to paypal or wire him the money, and he'd ship the game. He probably figures the scam is dead, so he won't deal with you anymore. Stop emailing him, or better yet, give us his email address and let us deal with him :lol:

Also, if he did come through with the cart, you do know it's relatively inexpensive to buy a reproduction of this cart, right?

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Total bull. He lured you in with thinking you would get it at a low price, then he "looks up the price" and tells you someone else is interested so you'd be inclined to pay more than what this "other buyer" offers.

He won't come to you, nor will he let you come to him, So how exactly will he get his money? If you would have said you'd pay the higher amount, I'm positive he'd ask you to paypal or wire him the money, and he'd ship the game. He probably figures the scam is dead, so he won't deal with you anymore. Stop emailing him, or better yet, give us his email address and let us deal with him :lol:

Also, if he did come through with the cart, you do know it's relatively inexpensive to buy a reproduction of this cart, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the reproduction carts look nothing like the originals.
I would post the link to the original craigslist ad but its been deleted since its been on the site for 30 + days.
Also i offered to pay with paypal when we first started talking and when i was gonna get it for cheap and he wouldn't do paypal at all.
He wanted $$$ in person transaction.Why he wouldn't meet just so i could see the game i really don't know.

Picked these up today:

Persona 2 (Complete) Reprint Version
Final Fantasy 7 (Discs Only)
Ogre Battle PS1 (Disc only)
Xenogears (Greatest Hits) (Complete)

All for $90. Not the best of deals, but still definatly worth the money.

Well when i posted the story here i went ahead and emailed him again to see whats up.I just got an email back from him and i already replied.
I will post more details later as they emerge if anything comes of it but im sure nothing will.Just wanna see how far he will take it.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/vgm/1357438821.html

super nintendo games - $40 (green valley )

i have a box of super nintendo games all work great still in boxes asking 40 bucks for entire box
3na3ke3lb5Qf5P15S399349b0ff7837ea1225.jpg

I can recognize Final Fantasy 2, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (I think), Donkey Kong Country, Earthworm Jim, Illusions of Gaia, and there are clearly some N64 games in there, I think I see Turok.

I called and left a message, really hoping he calls back.

Update:Already Sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kipz']http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/vgm/1357438821.html

I can recognize Final Fantasy 2, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (I think), Donkey Kong Country, Earthworm Jim, Illusions of Gaia, and there are clearly some N64 games in there, I think I see Turok.

Update:Already Sold.[/QUOTE]

I saw that ad like an hour 1/2 after it was posted, and you're right about Mystic Quest (I have a sealed copy). BTW, I didn't call or e-mail him.

[quote name='kipz']http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/vgm/1357438821.html

Update:Already Sold.[/QUOTE]

DAMN that would've been amazing.

There's also a Super Mario RPG in there; it's the yellow one down in the lower left corner

True.. I do see a Zelda game for N64 on top there though. And even if a lot of them are crap games, they would be $4 each, and that's not including the Game Boy Color and the accessories. I'd say that's still a good deal.. I already contacted him asking what the games are I'll let you guys know when I get a response.

First of hi everybody, Noob cag here. Anway, some recent cragslist bargains I've nabbed are

Secret of Mana (cart only) $6
Jade Cocoon (complete) $1.50
Xenosaga II, Xenosaga III, Grandia III all 3 for $20

Just contacted a seller with a BC PS3 60gb with 2 controllers and a couple crap games for $185...hoping to hear back on this one.

I posted an ad in the wanted section asking if anyone had any old video game stuff they didn't want that I'd buy it and I got this e-mail:

"I have a early 90's panasonic 3do one of the first cd-rom consoles plays kodak photo cds,audio cds,and of course it's own games I have 75 plus games for it console back in the day had a whopping price of $457-459.99 and games used to be 79.99-119.99 wonder why she didn't make it plus the dolphin processor in it later became the same one in the nintendo gamecube know it's a love thing and not a money thing for it now adays but not working means everything is for sale at least one working controller and most the games play nostalgia more than value but if your interested in old stuff I know it would go somewhere loved and I could live with that (not to mention extra money nowadays don't hurt) well thanks if interested let me know most offers would be fine nothing rediculous or offensive thou"

How much do you think I should offer?

bread's done
Back