The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

Here is the reply I got:

"Hi, many people have contacted me with interest, so I will be compiling a list for all of you shortly. I think I will be able to send it by tonight if I am not too busy, otherwise I will have it sent by tomorrow morning. Thanks."

So I'll copy the list when she gives it to me, she said there's a lot of interest so I don't know if I can go much lower than the asking price of 200, but let's just see if it's a good deal at that price.

LOL. Sorry man :) I'm in Toledo proper so you can have Ann Arbor.

Luckily the page was cached so I saved the pics:

3nc3k63l35o75q95ra99232.jpg
3n53m93o75o95ra5sf992f6.jpg

* N64 w/ ram pack, rumble pak, 2 controllers, 2 memory cards

14 Games:

* Donkey Kong 64
* Turok
* Turok 2
* Turok 3
* Turok RAge Wars
* Mortal Kombat SubZero
* Madden 64
* NFL Blitz
* Quake 2
* Pokemon Stadium
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Crusin USA
* NFL Quarterback Club 96 or something
* Perfect Dark

$50

The reply:

Ok, here is the list:

GAMES -

Nintendo 64:
Extreme G
NFL Blitz 2000
Diddy Kong Racing
Dark Rift
Starfox 64
WCW VS NcW World Tour (x2)
Mayhem
Pokemon Stadium 2
NBA Hang Time
Perfect Dark
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
Zelda Ocarina of Time
War Gods
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Mission Impossible
WCW Vs Nitro
Nascar 99

Game Boy / Color:
Super Mario Land
Mario Tennis
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Jeff Gordon Racing
Frogger
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Pokemon Pinball
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Pokemon Trading Card Game
Tetris
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (x2)
Bo Jackson

Game Boy Advance:
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

PSP:
Crush
NBA
Wipeout Pure
Fifa Soccer
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix
Sims 2

SNES:
Mortal Kombat
Street Fighter 2
Super Tennis
Home Alone

PS1:
Deathtrap Dungeon

Misc. Accessories/systems
PS1 controller (red)
GBA link cable I think..
N64 memory card
6 clear game cases for gameboy color
SNES clear case
Game Boy Color System
Manual for Jeff Gordon Racing
Road Rash manual
Super Mario Land 2 manual
Mario Tennis manual
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing manual
Memory Stick Pro Duo Adapter

What do you all think? Is it worth $200? (if not, what should I offer?)

So the games aren't amazing, but they're still games...some of them are ok like Pokemon Stadium 2, Zelda, Perfect Dark, Mortal Kombat, Sims 2, Super Mario Land. For less than $4 each I still am considering buying it. I guess I am not a true "cheap" ass gamer.

Look I know you all are used to getting these games for a dollar or less each at yard sales and stuff but I never come across video games (especially cheap ones) at yard sales, so for me this is a pretty good deal I think. I'll ask how much for just the N64 games because those don't look HORRIBLE.

She says $80 for all the N64 games, but she really doesn't want to break up anything. Then I asked how much for all the Game Boy / Color games, she said $65. So from those prices I guess I would be getting quite a discount if I bought the whole box. I would consider offering $125 or so for all the N64 and Game Boy / Color games. What would you do? She definitely won't break it down any further than all the games for one system.

$25 for a slim silver PS2, 2 controllers. However, the listing excludes mention of AV cavles, power cord or working condition, but assuming it's present, $25 is very good.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/vgm/1362331083.html

Earlier, I saw a $100 Final Fantasy listing. It was for FF7, FF8, FF9, Anthology, Tactics, 2 GB games, NES FF boxed and 6 FF7 action figures MOSC. Listing is down, though, so I'm guessing it has sold. Still, it's nice to see someone who isn't trying to beg $60 or more for FF7 on its own.

What do you guys think of this deal

80gb PS3 w/controller and these games
nhl 08
nhl09
motorstorm
the godfather
call of duty 4
grand theft auto 4
nba 07
resistance

Asking $200 for it. Mostly crap games except for a couple. I'm tempted though

[quote name='SlammedNiss']I have a bunch of old sport titles I'll sell ya for $4 each. ;)[/QUOTE]

See, most of the games in the bundle I'm looking at aren't sports titles. They're at least OK games.

I'll be picking up a $250 GS gift card for $100 tomorrow. I'm going to make sure that the balance on the card is correct by calling the number on the back before handing the cash over. It'll be a steal if the guy isn't a scammer. I've got a weird feeling that he is since he doesn't want to meet at the GS which is only five minutes from his suggested meeting spot, but it is worth a shot.

Is there any way that this could still be a scam even after I call the phone number and confirm the balance? I've got a feeling that if the GS line tells me there is $250 on the card, I can trust them. I could always sink the balance into a bunch of stuff immediately to make sure I don't lose the money.

[quote name='Doomstink']I'll be picking up a $250 GS gift card for $100 tomorrow. I'm going to make sure that the balance on the card is correct by calling the number on the back before handing the cash over. It'll be a steal if the guy isn't a scammer. I've got a weird feeling that he is since he doesn't want to meet at the GS which is only five minutes from his suggested meeting spot, but it is worth a shot.

Is there any way that this could still be a scam even after I call the phone number and confirm the balance? I've got a feeling that if the GS line tells me there is $250 on the card, I can trust them. I could always sink the balance into a bunch of stuff immediately to make sure I don't lose the money.[/QUOTE]

Better hope he's not a addict and dosen't set you up, by jumping you for that $100. Whole thing sounds fishy.

[quote name='Doomstink']I'll be picking up a $250 GS gift card for $100 tomorrow. I'm going to make sure that the balance on the card is correct by calling the number on the back before handing the cash over. It'll be a steal if the guy isn't a scammer. I've got a weird feeling that he is since he doesn't want to meet at the GS which is only five minutes from his suggested meeting spot, but it is worth a shot.

Is there any way that this could still be a scam even after I call the phone number and confirm the balance? I've got a feeling that if the GS line tells me there is $250 on the card, I can trust them. I could always sink the balance into a bunch of stuff immediately to make sure I don't lose the money.[/QUOTE]Yes, he could write down the number before he gives you the card, go back home and spend it on gamestop.com before you have a chance to spend it at gs.

Is there any way that this could still be a scam even after I call the phone number and confirm the balance? I've got a feeling that if the GS line tells me there is $250 on the card, I can trust them. I could always sink the balance into a bunch of stuff immediately to make sure I don't lose the money.[/QUOTE]

Sounds fishy indeed, but make sure that the card doesnt have the pin scratched off already. For all you know he could have a buddy who'll place an order right after you pay and leave.

[quote name='Link927']Sounds fishy indeed, but make sure that the card doesnt have the pin scratched off already. For all you know he could have a buddy who'll place an order right after you pay and leave.[/QUOTE]

That is the #1 thing I'm worried about. The seller is a high school student (I looked him up through facebook), so I'm not sure he would think to set up such an elaborate scheme. I'm going to email him to ask if the pin is scratched on the card, and if he says it is I'm going to insist that we meet up at a GS store so I can do an immediate transfer to another gift card right after I buy it. I won't even bother with the whole deal if he says the pin is scratched and he can't meet up at a GS.

refusing to meet at the store = something's wrong, and yea, could spend it before you do, unless you spend it first and then hand over the cash.

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']See, most of the games in the bundle I'm looking at aren't sports titles. They're at least OK games.[/QUOTE]

Diddy kong racing, zelda, star wars, perfect dark, starfox, and pokemon stadium 2.

Has this ever happened to anyone?...You contact the seller, seller gets back to you, you both are gonna meet up, but seller never gets back to you.

yeah......I don't understand some people, that used to happen when I put up wanted ads I was all ready to head out and pick items up and people just stopped responding. Could be they sold it to someone else, are nervous about meeting strangers, or if you were gonna buy stuff that was underpriced they might have looked up the real value.

Best thing to do is just give your cell # tell people you won't email anymore and to call cuts out the bullshit real fast. Cuts down on flakey people.

Whats wrong with phone contact, your gonna talk to the person when you meet up to buy anyways.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']yeah......I don't understand some people, that used to happen when I put up wanted ads I was all ready to head out and pick items up and people just stopped responding. Could be they sold it to someone else, are nervous about meeting strangers, or if you were gonna buy stuff that was underpriced they might have looked up the real value.

Best thing to do is just give your cell # tell people you won't email anymore and to call cuts out the bullshit real fast. Cuts down on flakey people.

Whats wrong with phone contact, your gonna talk to the person when you meet up to buy anyways.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we agreed upon a price. I was going to give him a little less than eBay value (game wasn't worth all that much). But I am sure some dumby contacted him and gave him the price he wanted (about $10 over value). He could have at least told me he sold it or decided to keep it. Thats what I would have done.

Picked up a Virtual Boy + Vertical Force (in a ratty box) for $25:

HZQLA.jpg

He said he had the Wario game and the Tennis game but when my wife showed up to pick it all up, he was missing those two games. Original asking price was $35, and she CIF'd him $25 when he said he was missing the other two games.

I'm not exactly sure how you lose two games between posting something and actually selling it, but whatever, I'm pretty happy with the deal!

I put up a wanted ad for N64 games and a Dreamcast system. I got a bite today from someone with a Dreamcast who agrees to my price... and after I sent my email reply, nothing. Guaranteed I'll never hear from him again, as seems typical. I think some people float around on CL in an attempt to collect email addresses.

I've gotten screwed over so many times between people selling from under me and not telling me unless I bug the hell out of them to people just magically dissapearing to not showing up at a meeting place. I mean really, if you want to keep your stuff say something at least. Why leave me waiting for nothing.

[quote name='Diosoth']I put up a wanted ad for N64 games and a Dreamcast system. I got a bite today from someone with a Dreamcast who agrees to my price... and after I sent my email reply, nothing. Guaranteed I'll never hear from him again, as seems typical. I think some people float around on CL in an attempt to collect email addresses.[/QUOTE]

That's why I have a separate, CL-only email address that I use for buying and selling.

I dont know, its a lot of work just attempting to grab a few emails, while "real" spammers will just use programs to crawl around the net looking for emails posted onto public forums, etc.

I'm actually trying to use CL to sell off a broken 360, Got one "real" reply so far for a meeting this evening. The 360 is a 2006 model, sent in to microsoft for the RROD repair, got it back and a few weeks later the dvd drive stopped reading disks. Posted that info and an asking price of $50 for just the unit and power supply/video cable. Not really sure if $50 is a good price to ask for, but the guy has sent a few emails so we set up a meeting. Any tips since I've never done something like this before.

[quote name='praxus07']I'm actually trying to use CL to sell off a broken 360, Got one "real" reply so far for a meeting this evening. The 360 is a 2006 model, sent in to microsoft for the RROD repair, got it back and a few weeks later the dvd drive stopped reading disks. Posted that info and an asking price of $50 for just the unit and power supply/video cable. Not really sure if $50 is a good price to ask for, but the guy has sent a few emails so we set up a meeting. Any tips since I've never done something like this before.[/QUOTE]

$50 isnt bad probly could have got more because cables were included.

Im my area just consoles alone go from $40-$50.Throw in cables and its usally another $10-$15.

cables on ebay run around $25 shipped for power supply/video.

If you happen not to sell it i would be interested in buying just the power supply.What wattage is it? 203W or 175W

[quote name='praxus07']I'm actually trying to use CL to sell off a broken 360, Got one "real" reply so far for a meeting this evening. The 360 is a 2006 model, sent in to microsoft for the RROD repair, got it back and a few weeks later the dvd drive stopped reading disks. Posted that info and an asking price of $50 for just the unit and power supply/video cable. Not really sure if $50 is a good price to ask for, but the guy has sent a few emails so we set up a meeting. Any tips since I've never done something like this before.[/QUOTE]

lol, i saw that post, im in Scranton too. I think $50 is a fair price.

Still somewhat negotiating this, but I should be buying a SNES from a guy sometime soon for around $30. Normally not such a great deal, but it comes with Earthbound, Final Fantasy II, III, and Mystic Quest (as well as a few good, but cheaply had games like Super Mario World, Kart, and LoZ: Link to the Past). Quite a blue moon event though, as it seems almost nobody plays video games in my area of NC.

[quote name='Nirron']Still somewhat negotiating this, but I should be buying a SNES from a guy sometime soon for around $30. Normally not such a great deal, but it comes with Earthbound, Final Fantasy II, III, and Mystic Quest (as well as a few good, but cheaply had games like Super Mario World, Kart, and LoZ: Link to the Past). Quite a blue moon event though, as it seems almost nobody plays video games in my area of NC.[/QUOTE]

Considering Earthbound alone can go for $100 just for the cart, yes.

[quote name='Skuttie']Considering Earthbound alone can go for $100 just for the cart, yes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, which is pretty much exactly what I'd be doing (or trying to sell it a bit cheaper on CAG) as my copy is rather pristine, though I am missing the scratch and sniff portion of the manual (I couldn't stand some of those stenches as a kid)

[quote name='lude21']lol, i saw that post, im in Scranton too. I think $50 is a fair price.[/QUOTE]

Hehe small world!! I did sell it too, the guy showed up, so the deal is done. :applause:

and I hope the guy read the listing to know he's getting a system like that. Some people don't even read the ad like when you try to sell something that needs to be fixed, and then when they show up and you tell them assuming you read the ad and all, needs this and that, and they get all pissy about it.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']and I hope the guy read the listing to know he's getting a system like that. Some people don't even read the ad like when you try to sell something that needs to be fixed, and then when they show up and you tell them assuming you read the ad and all, needs this and that, and they get all pissy about it.[/QUOTE]

I've had that happen WAY too many times to count. They act like it's your fault they can't properly read a listing. I'm not even being shady about it either, its listed clearly that an item is in non-working condition or whatnot and they still act like you wronged them somehow.

People will be dumb.

Like they just look at the title and think, wow, Xbox 360 - $50, I want that!!! wait what? broken? what do you mean? well, you read the ad didn't you? ....silence....

bread's done
Back