The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

Picked up three broken ds lites for $30 last week.
Talked to nintendo and they wanted $75 per console to get fixed.
Talked them down to doing it for $50 per console.

Also ordered new chargers for them from ebay so grand total i will basically be getting three new ds lites with chargers and new 1 year warrenties for about $65 each :)

I'm happy with that.

Maybe it's just me.. yeah, probably.. but in the past few days I've been seeing much much better/more reasonable deals on CL than I had been seeing earlier (in months). Perhaps it was the sudden bloom of nice weather that made people come to their senses about pricing? I don't know, but I've contacted at least 7 people about their listings on CL because it was such a good deal. Before, I would contact 7 people / month!!

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']Maybe it's just me.. yeah, probably.. but in the past few days I've been seeing much much better/more reasonable deals on CL than I had been seeing earlier (in months). Perhaps it was the sudden bloom of nice weather that made people come to their senses about pricing? I don't know, but I've contacted at least 7 people about their listings on CL because it was such a good deal. Before, I would contact 7 people / month!![/QUOTE]

Spring cleaning, people finding stuff that they want to get rid of.

I picked up a brand new and still sealed, Lips with 2 mics for $20. I was going to buy a used mic at GS for $20. So this is a deal to me.

Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter for $200. Works great!

Waiting for my buddies to come over to help taking it into the house.

Also any tips on cleaning cabinets and getting rid of smoke smell?
img0184u.jpg

Edit: Here is one more
img0187u.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mer71']I picked up a brand new and still sealed, Lips with 2 mics for $20. I was going to buy a used mic at GS for $20. So this is a deal to me.[/QUOTE]

I take it you don't have a Sears nearby with one of those Lips bundles in stock, since it may be $4.97 there.:D Although maybe that's what the person you bought it from did, got it from Sears and put it up on CL sealed for $20.:lol: I used to do that a bunch, buy clearance games for $4-5, put 'em up on CL for $10-20 and watch the buyers go 'damn that's a good deal' and buy 'em up.:D

Went on a Gamecube binge this past week on CL, got everything for $35:

2 Gamecubes (1 black, 1 platinum)
1 controller

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Mario Party 6
Super Smash Bros Melee
Pokemon XD

[quote name='Larrabee213']Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter for $200. Works great!

Waiting for my buddies to come over to help taking it into the house.

Also any tips on cleaning cabinets and getting rid of smoke smell?
img0184u.jpg

Edit: Here is one more
img0187u.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Oh my God... That is the sexiest haul I've seen in my life.

Here is the game setup. Still got to do some work cleaning it up. I might replace the front underlay of the controls and look into a new screen. The game plays perfectly. So much fun tonight with the guys!
img0190fa.jpg

img0189b.jpg

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I take it you don't have a Sears nearby with one of those Lips bundles in stock, since it may be $4.97 there.:D Although maybe that's what the person you bought it from did, got it from Sears and put it up on CL sealed for $20.:lol: I used to do that a bunch, buy clearance games for $4-5, put 'em up on CL for $10-20 and watch the buyers go 'damn that's a good deal' and buy 'em up.:D[/QUOTE]

No go on them at my local Sears. I have no problem buying it for $20. He said he gets things through his company cheap.

Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf
Family Feud
Super Strike Eagle
Super Battleship
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
Liberty or Death
The Hunt for Red October
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts
Jeopardy!
P.T.O Pacific Theater of Operations
Busby
Super Battletank: War in the Gulf
Metal Marines
Super R-Type
Biometal
ActRaiser 2
Earth Defense Force
Phalanx

and

Aero Fighters

For $55

I just picked up sealed Final Fantasy XIII (360) and the Final Fantasy Faceplate off craigslist for $50 total.

FFXIII_360.jpg

From the craigslist posting
"
I have Final Fantasy XIII New, still sealed in plastic and a Face Plate to go with the game for sale.
It is the actual game, and official face plate. Both new, unused, both sealed

Send me an email if you would like to take it off my hands. First $50 takes it.
"

this + the faceplate I picked up from a fellow CAG, just one more for a friend and I am done with my faceplate search!

Picked up all of this for $30. all the games except 1 are next to mint.
Dreamcast with AV cable
3 controllers
6 memory units
1 Game Shark unit

1. Jet Grind Radio
2. Cannon Spike
3. Shenmue
4. Gunbird 2
5. Mars Matrix
6. Power Stone
7. Power Stone 2
8. Hydro Thunder
9. Ecco the Dolphin
10. Marvel vs Capcom2
11. Capcom vs SNK SNK
12. Space Channel 5
13. Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves (would not play)
14. Crazy Taxi 2
15. Soul Calibur
16. Sword of the Berserk
17. Rainbow6 Rogue Spear

[quote name='sporty50']Picked up all of this for $30. all the games except 1 are next to mint.
Dreamcast with AV cable
3 controllers
6 memory units
1 Game Shark unit

1. Jet Grind Radio
2. Cannon Spike
3. Shenmue
4. Gunbird 2
5. Mars Matrix
6. Power Stone
7. Power Stone 2
8. Hydro Thunder
9. Ecco the Dolphin
10. Marvel vs Capcom2
11. Capcom vs SNK SNK
12. Space Channel 5
13. Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves (would not play)
14. Crazy Taxi 2
15. Soul Calibur
16. Sword of the Berserk
17. Rainbow6 Rogue Spear[/QUOTE]

If you're interested in selling any of those games, LMK

Got a 60GB fully backwards compatible ps3 with power and a/v cables for $100 today.

They guy said the hard drive crashed so it just needed a new one.Well that's what sony told him at least.I got it and downloaded the system menu update to a usb flash drive and ran the update and now it works like brand new again.Nothing was wrong with the hard drive it was a bad update that screwed the ps3 up.

:)

I got these two gems for $20 ea over the weekend:

:ps3: Star Ocean TLH: International & Dark Void.

The person then emails me and asks me if I would like to buy :360: Dante's Inferno, Bioshock 2, and AVP. So I was like price? He sold em to me for $50. Traded em into GS for $106ish in credit. Payed off my Pokemon SoulSilver, bought a couple of used games and laid the rest down on Splinter Cell Conviction CE :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I got these two gems for $20 ea over the weekend:

:ps3: Star Ocean TLH: International & Dark Void.

The person then emails me and asks me if I would like to buy :360: Dante's Inferno, Bioshock 2, and AVP. So I was like price? He sold em to me for $50. Traded em into GS for $106ish in credit. Payed off my Pokemon SoulSilver, bought a couple of used games and laid the rest down on Splinter Cell Conviction CE :D[/QUOTE]

Sheez, the heck was that guy smoking?

[quote name='ddrisgood137']Sheez, the heck was that guy smoking?[/QUOTE]

I think he needed the $$$ to get stuff to smoke. :roll: :cool:

I got lucky with that find. I did miss a copy of Demons Souls for $20 today though #-o

Thing is I never consistantly get anything good off of CL. Hell I got some RPG games on :wii: from a mom selling her son's games cuz of his shitty grades. LOL.

fuck, all these under $150 PS3 pickups are making me jealous. I'm trying to find one cheap for my dad to use as a Blu-Ray player.

There is one guy that keeps re-listing his 120GB slim for $350 (open, mind you), or $375 with a disc only copy of Madden 10 :roll:

I'd like to pick one up for under $150. Bout 2 weeks ago I was seeing a few all over the course of 3 days. Of course, I never recieved any responses from emails. They must go fast. But then again everyone was getting the YLOD, so that could be it.

Mine isn't a super good deal, but it's worth mentioning. So I had $200 to spend on a PS3 and I found a used 40GB one at a Pawn Shop for $150, it worked but it was really really scratched up, terrible condition. But no other stores had any so I bought it anyway. With $50 left over, I bought Infamous from craigslist for $20 and Little Big Planet for $30. Then I sold the PS3 I just bought for $200 on craigslist in hopes to find one in better condition. Next day I see an ad for a Like New PS3 Slim with Madden 10 and DC vs Mortal Kombat for $200. I bought it, and I plan to sell Madden 10 for about $30 since I don't like football.
So all in all I got an excellent condition 120GB PS3 Slim with 1 controller + Infamous, Little Big Planet and Mortal Kombat vs DC for about $170.

[quote name='darkskill']Mine isn't a super good deal, but it's worth mentioning. So I had $200 to spend on a PS3 and I found a used 40GB one at a Pawn Shop for $150, it worked but it was really really scratched up, terrible condition. But no other stores had any so I bought it anyway. With $50 left over, I bought Infamous from craigslist for $20 and Little Big Planet for $30. Then I sold the PS3 I just bought for $200 on craigslist in hopes to find one in better condition. Next day I see an ad for a Like New PS3 Slim with Madden 10 and DC vs Mortal Kombat for $200. I bought it, and I plan to sell Madden 10 for about $30 since I don't like football.
So all in all I got an excellent condition 120GB PS3 Slim with 1 controller + Infamous, Little Big Planet and Mortal Kombat vs DC for about $170.[/QUOTE]

Good find. You can also check if the pre-order special for Madden 11 is still available at Gamestop, and you can potentially turn the Madden 10 into $40 credit.

Just kinda finds for me today..

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $25 (Came in with what I'm guessing is gamestop made art, kinda sad)
God of War Collection - $15

I'm happy with these, even if they're not "omg" spectacular.

Lunar: Silver Story Complete. $4. Second copy of this game in six months. The guy also had Marvel Vs Capcom, Marvel Super Heroes, and Suikoden that he sold to some other guy: "He's sending me an envelope with some money.."

However, if the guy doesn't come through, they're mine. $10 for the trio. Here's hoping.

For the arcade cabinet, Sex Wax works great on the buttons. Get it at any surfing shop. Also good for polishing the plastic over the monitor or in front of the logo.

And damn you to hell for getting that before me. :D

Picked up the 80GB ps3 i talked about a few days ago.

I got

80 ps3 system
power and a/v cords
dual shock controller
grand theft auto IV

All for $90

I didn't even know about the game until i got it home and tested it out and noticed it was inside the ps3.The game was never mentioned as being included either

The lady said it broke and would show nothing on the screen because her son messed with the video settings.So all i did was reset it and it works great now.It's the non backwards compatible version but thats no big deal since its getting sold anyway.

[quote name='icpmattj']Picked up the 80GB ps3 i talked about a few days ago.

I got

80 ps3 system
power and a/v cords
dual shock controller
grand theft auto IV

All for $90

I didn't even know about the game until i got it home and tested it out and noticed it was inside the ps3.The game was never mentioned as being included either

The lady said it broke and would show nothing on the screen because her son messed with the video settings.So all i did was reset it and it works great now.It's the non backwards compatible version but thats no big deal since its getting sold anyway.[/QUOTE]

I have a guy offering me a 40gb PS3, with god of war 3 stuck in it for $100. He says he put the game in and the system froze and now will not turn on. Is this an easy fix?

Found one I'm thinking of going for. Found someone selling Tales of Vesperia for only $10. Looked on Gamestop and it goes for $40 used, and it's one of the games I've been wanting to play.

[quote name='spidamatrix']I have a guy offering me a 40gb PS3, with god of war 3 stuck in it for $100. He says he put the game in and the system froze and now will not turn on. Is this an easy fix?[/QUOTE]

Hard to say whats wrong with it.I'm not sure if there was an update on the god of war 3 disc or not or if sony even includes updates on discs.You could try accessing the recovery menu and see if you can restore the system or reformat the drive and see what happens.

I recently got a 60gb version and the guy told me the hard drive crashed and it just needed a new one.I played around with it for a bit and ran the system update from usb drive through the recovery menu and now its working just like normal again.

Crash Bandicoot 1, 3, Crash Bash, and Crash Team racing along with tomb raider 1 and 3 and four other games for $5. All the games were black label, the guy said his kid doesn't play them anymore and wanted to get rid of them, and I couldn't have been happier.

What i have for sale is the following:

Nintendo entertainment system (NES) 20 Games
Nintendo 64 (Nintendo 64) 7 games
Nintendo Gamecube 1 game (The gamecube has the portable screen on it also)
Play station 2 (PS2). 1 game

Comes with alot of games, everything is in excellent condition!
$225 Or best offer

Alright guys, he said he take $150 for it right now. Deal or Not? The games are cartridges only. What should I offer for it?

Send me a pm its easier for me.

Nothing major but I scored a near mint Metroid Prime Collection for $25.

EDIT: I also just picked up Super Mario Galaxy for $15 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up two tickets to Bamboozle California for tomorrow for $30. Face value on one ticket is $45 plus fees. Pretty stoked about that, especially since I'm going for one band.

Picked up Fallout 3 GOTY and Mass Effect 2 for 45$. The code for the cerebrus was already used =\... Cag'rs what do you think of my pick up? Worth it? Both are used but no scratches or any mishaps with the games.

100_2992-1.jpg

NES CIB, Advantage CIB, Zelda CIB, Dragon Warrior NEW Seal Missing, TMNT Factory Sealed NEW. -$40

I put my own listing on CL and got a response from a very nice lady willing to part with this.

[quote name='Ash Burton']
100_2992-1.jpg

NES CIB, Advantage CIB, Zelda CIB, Dragon Warrior NEW Seal Missing, TMNT Factory Sealed NEW. -$40

I put my own listing on CL and got a response from a very nice lady willing to part with this.[/QUOTE]

She was so nice you didn't mind bending her over right there?

I thought I was being messed with right up until she actually gave me the address. I told her over email I would give her 30 for everything and she said that sounded great. When I got there and saw TMNT was mint an sealed, I couldn't take the 10 dollars change she was handing me. This was the first time I posted on CL and man am I glad I did.

Should I bite?

PS3 Slim 120gb
2 Controllers
God of War III
Madden 2010
1 more game (unnamed)

$300 ... I'm hoping she'll do $250

I wouldn't.

I got the following for $215:
* XBox 360 Elite Fall Bundle with Box, Store Receipt, and unregistered 2 year WalMart service warranty, all accessories, but no Lego Batman/Pure
* Guitar Hero 3 bundle with $50 WalMart replacement plan
* GTA 4 (Complete)
* Final Fantasy 13 (Complete)
* Guitar Hero 5 (Game Only)
* Play & Charge Kit
* 35 XBox Games (About 25 Complete, No Sports)
* Kingdom Hearts PS2 (Complete)

[quote name='davo1224']I wouldn't.

I got the following for $215:
* XBox 360 Elite Fall Bundle with Box, Store Receipt, and unregistered 2 year WalMart service warranty, all accessories, but no Lego Batman/Pure
* Guitar Hero 3 bundle with $50 WalMart replacement plan
* GTA 4 (Complete)
* Final Fantasy 13 (Complete)
* Guitar Hero 5 (Game Only)
* Play & Charge Kit
* 35 XBox Games (About 25 Complete, No Sports)
* Kingdom Hearts PS2 (Complete)[/QUOTE]

That's not bad. Ideally I'd like to find a deal where I end up paying around $150 or so for a Slim/60GB PS3. I'd prefer the Slim. So if I find one with two controllers and a couple games for $250, I'm around the price I'm looking for...

bread's done
Back