The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

I just cherry picked some Gameboy/GBC and GBA games. Guy had about two dozen more mostly cart only games but they were all extremely low value crap. He had wanted $5 a piece for the GB/GBC games and $10 a piece for the GBA games, but I CiF'd him a $20 offer for the following, he countered $30 but I told him that's all I had and he relented. Of course I verified their authenticity prior to purchase...no bootlegs here.

I'll post a pic or two in a bit.

$20 =

GBA Mario vs. Donkey Kong complete/mint
GBA Breath of Fire complete/mint
GBA Riviera complete/mint
GBC Donkey Kong Country complete/box a little crushed
GBC Resident Evil Gaiden cart only/cart mint
GBC Bionic Command Elite Forces with manual
GB Metroid 2 cart only/cart label a little dinged up

Sega Genesis w/ 32x and CD Model 2. All hook-ups (except 32x to Genesis cable :( )

Lion King, Beavis & Butthead, Sonic 3d Blast, WWF Raw, Hook, X-Men 2 (all cart only)

The rest of the Genesis games are complete: Sonic Spinball, NBA 95, Top Gear 2, 688 Attack Sub, Taz-Mania, Barkley Jam, Jeopardy, X-men, Ecco the Dolphin, Wrestlemania Arcade, Road Rash II, Super Street Fighter, Ms. Pac-Man, Altered Beast, Garfield, Crystal's Pony Tale, Jewel Master, Castlevania Bloodlines, Rolling Thunder 3, Buck Rodgers, Power Rangers the Movie, Comix Zone (and Alf & Shooting Gallery for Mega Drive)

32x games: Doom, Moto Cross, Virtua Racing, Toughman Contest

Sega CD games (complete): Lunar Silver, Surgical Strike, Vay, Double Switch, Rise of the Dragon, Power Rangers
CD Games Disc only: Sewer Shark, Final Fight, Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch Make My video (YES!), Chuck Rock, and Joe Montana's NFL Football....

$125 :D

Only came with one controller :(

1 SNES controller
9 SNES games

Mega Man X
Toy Story
Kirby Avalanche
Pac Man 2
Aladdin
Yoshis Cookie
Goof Troop
Weapon Lords
Lion King

And 1 complete but scratched to hell copy of Super Mario Bros for the Wii.

$10

Saw an add advertising comics I text but realize I don't know a shit about comics. But dude is desperate (car trouble) so I ask if he has any video games tells me about those I offer $10 for the SNES stuff and he throws in the Wii game.

Nothing ultra rare but I have none of those in my collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']I saw that... don't want to get mugged.[/QUOTE]

Probably rigt. Stock picture and a phone number. If not a mugging probably looking to annoy somebody.

Never know though. I thought I was getting jerked around when I got probably about 800 dolars worth of sega cd and saturn stuff for 10 bucks.

Going to be picking up Pokemon black, pearl, diamond, platinum, heartgold, fire red, leaf green, and emerald for $60 today. Seems like a pretty good deal and couldn't pass it up.

I got a complete mint copy of PS3 Mass Effect 2 for 15 dollars this morning. The cerberus code is included, can't wait to see if it has been used or not!

[quote name='pollmonster']http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/2393451182.html

somebody jump on this quick. :shock:[/QUOTE]

It was/is a bullshit ad. The person who posted it in San Diego also posted it in OC and LA...I called the number and asked the guy who answered about it, and he said he wasn't selling Earthbound, only some other common SNES games among other things, and he's not in Lake Arrowhead.

My guess is some arsehole didn't like his prices, so to fuck with him they put up that bogus ad.

First time CL buyer (at least for video games) needs some help.
Found a PS1, PS2, and SNES with a bunch of accessories and games for $45. Anyone have some tips for a beginner? I'd like to meet in a public place, which means I won't be able to test it, so would there by chance be any visual signs to a non-working console?

[quote name='ROB64']First time CL buyer (at least for video games) needs some help.
Found a PS1, PS2, and SNES with a bunch of accessories and games for $45. Anyone have some tips for a beginner? I'd like to meet in a public place, which means I won't be able to test it, so would there by chance be any visual signs to a non-working console?[/QUOTE]

You can generally get a good idea if it works by how it looks. I've never gotten a broken PS1 or PS2 before. If the SNES looks really beat to shit it - but it is a cart based system so probably pretty tough.

The public place is always a good idea for safety, but I usually don't do it just because a lot of people are lazy and will refuse if you make them go somewhere. Just have them bring it outside their house.

Also - if you do any big big deals don't bring the money with you until you meet the person and straighten things out. Also try not to go alone if you don't have to.

Well they still have the boxes, so this looks like someone who takes care of their stuff. Only problem is a little yellowing on the SNES, which can be easily fixed.
Thanks for the tips; still waiting on him to call me back, so hopefully I can get them.

Picked all the games below for $35 all games complete and in nm condition.

1 Final Fantasy Origins
2Final Fantasy Tactics (Greatest Hits
3 Final Fantasy Chronicles
4 Final Fantasy Anthology
5 Final Fantasy 7
6 Finaly Fantasy 8
7 Final Fantasy 9
8 Final Fantasy 10
9 Final Fantasy 7 Dirge of Cerberus
10 Final Fantasy X-2
11Final Fantasy XII

4gb 360 slimkinectcontrollerGames:bad company 1bad company 2mercenaries 1mercenaries 2monopoly streettwo worlds CEarcania gothic 4fallout 3 GOTYfable 3halo reachdead risingfar cryfar cry 2the outfitgrand theft auto IVgrand theft auto liberty cityprototypecouple other games that are currently slipping my mind.All for $200.

I'll be picking these Saturn games up for $3 apiece in about a week:

Astal
Nights in to Dreams
Scud
Mr. Bones
Three Dirty Dwarves
Contra Legacy of War
Tomb Raider
Sonic R

All disk only, though. Says he kept the disks separate and lost the cases when he moved B[

Well I've been completely nuts the last week. Might as well post this.

$35
FF7, FF8, Legend of Legia, Legend of Dragoon, Aladdin, Tomb Raider 2, 3, and a few others. All complete in pretty good shape.

$70
A lot of games but here are the notables or good ones.
PS2 - Odin Sphere, MGS collection, DMC collection, FF12, Tekken 5, Star Ocean, Katamari, Kingdom Hearts 2 and a few others.

Gamecube - Skies of Arcadia, Mario Soccer, Baitan Kaitos, Time Splitters 2, Mario Party 6.

PS1
Legend of Legia, Croc, Spyro

$2200 (yes.... that is right)
About 300 boxed and complete and NES Games - including all the Dragon Warriors, Ninja Gaidens, Castlevanias, Mike Tyson, a sealed Punch-out, sealed north vs. south, Donkey Kongs, Contras, Mega Mans, Princess Tomato, etc. etc..

5 complete boxed NES - awesome shape
Complete ROB in Box
Bunch of other boxed accessories - controllers, four score, zappers, etc.

This is definitely more than I wanted to pay when I went in there, but he was pretty sure what he wanted so we negotiated it. I did out what it would all bring on ebay sold seperately and i got about 3300 or so after fees - so I thought it was worth it. I'm keeping what I don't have but I will have to get rid of my doubles.

Finally - last but not least....

$130 + zelda 1, zelda 2, mike tyson's punch-out and a few more random nes games (all cart only) .

Guy came and dropped this off...

cimg0204a.jpg

It's a little hard to see - but I think it is super awesome and was a real deal. It came with the demo cart for Wario. I just have to clean it up a little. The VB seems to work along with the cart kind of - but I need to clean the connectors or something. The game will load the warning screen but freeze there.

Awesome how the light looks perfect and all the advertisements are there. Just got to febreeze it. It smells like it has been in a basement for a little while.

Well it has been an expensive week. I need to go sell some stuff. I was happy to see someone sell a Zelda Adventure Demo for 200 since I have two I'm looking to sell. Better get on there.

I just got pretty lucky on CL today. Nothing major but and recent stuff DS Games, I feel like its a great deal. I really just wanted SSFIV and pokemon white, so the other two are bonus that I already own.

all for $50
SSFIV 3D
Pokemon White
Call of Duty Black ops
NSMB

Found a decent deal on CL today. Some guy selling some ps2 games sealed.

Picked up

Metal Slug Anthology
Mega Man X collection
Haunting Ground
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core PLUS
RE: Essentials
Onimusha Esstentials

All sealed for $50.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Holy crap elessar, even without cases that is an amazing score[/QUOTE]

No shit!

I'm picky when it comes to used games, always wanting cases and covers, but if I ran across this kind of deal I'd make an exception and spend my spare time printing covers of the internet!

VECTREX 10 games, manuals + overlays - $200 (Cherry Hill NJ)

Date: 2011-05-30, 3:42PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

100% working Vectrex game system with 10 games manuals and overlays.

games included:

Spike, Rip Off, Berzerk, Armor Attack, Solar Quest, Star Trek, Scramble, Starhawk, Clean Sweep and Minestorm (built in)

CALL or TXT 609-:);):cool:-3897
CASH ONLY NO TRADES PRICE FIRM PICKUP ONLY

Maybe But with that included I am not so sure:D
:whee:

[quote name='Dokstarr']

cimg0204a.jpg

[/QUOTE]

That thing is cool. I was one of the rare few that actually really liked the Virtual Boy. I mean, I didn't like it's design, but I liked the concept. I enjoyed playing the games for what it's worth. Just could never find a comfortable position, and couldn't play for more than an hour or my eyes would hurt. But that's okay, it was kinda a neat little thing to mess around with when I was bored, and I did get a lot of fun out of mine.

That looks like it would solve a lot of problems. Is the height very adjustable? Also, is the head of the console stuck out far enough so you don't have to jut your neck out to get the proper perspective?

[quote name='AugustAPC']That thing is cool. I was one of the rare few that actually really liked the Virtual Boy. I mean, I didn't like it's design, but I liked the concept. I enjoyed playing the games for what it's worth. Just could never find a comfortable position, and couldn't play for more than an hour or my eyes would hurt. But that's okay, it was kinda a neat little thing to mess around with when I was bored, and I did get a lot of fun out of mine.

That looks like it would solve a lot of problems. Is the height very adjustable? Also, is the head of the console stuck out far enough so you don't have to jut your neck out to get the proper perspective?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played around with the VB probably in 10 years, but if my memory is correct this is probably the best way to play it. Sucks you have to stand the whole time but it fits right.

The head is very adjustable. I'm 6ft and it could probably get high enough for someone 6ft 6. My girlfriend is just 5ft and it fits her fine too.

I'm trying to figure out how to clean the carts because the wario demo cart that came with I think has dirty connectors. It looks fine but seems to have trouble booting, and the VB connectors are so much different than other carts.

Worth it?
Sega Genesis + 15 games - $50 (Princeton-IL)

Date: 2011-06-01, 12:16AM CDT

I have the original Sega genesis first model game console plus 3 controllers, RF modulator, power adapter, road rash, urban assault, jungle assault, ea Bill Walsh college football, 3 sonic 2 cartridges, 2 in the box. Caesars palace in box with insert, Ea Madden 95, sonic spinball, looney toons desert demolition, monopoly, sonic 3D blast, sonic 3, and NHL hockey. Asking 50$ firm.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

[quote name='Dokstarr']I haven't played around with the VB probably in 10 years, but if my memory is correct this is probably the best way to play it. Sucks you have to stand the whole time but it fits right.

The head is very adjustable. I'm 6ft and it could probably get high enough for someone 6ft 6. My girlfriend is just 5ft and it fits her fine too.

I'm trying to figure out how to clean the carts because the wario demo cart that came with I think has dirty connectors. It looks fine but seems to have trouble booting, and the VB connectors are so much different than other carts.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a VB so I may be off base, but my philosophy is: when all else fails, use a toothbrush. I try to keep one around just for cleaning this sort of thing. Usually works great for things like cart connectors.

[quote name='Tsel']Worth it?
Sega Genesis + 15 games - $50 (Princeton-IL)

Date: 2011-06-01, 12:16AM CDT

I have the original Sega genesis first model game console plus 3 controllers, RF modulator, power adapter, road rash, urban assault, jungle assault, ea Bill Walsh college football, 3 sonic 2 cartridges, 2 in the box. Caesars palace in box with insert, Ea Madden 95, sonic spinball, looney toons desert demolition, monopoly, sonic 3D blast, sonic 3, and NHL hockey. Asking 50$ firm.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
[/QUOTE]

I think you could do a little better, but I guess it depends on how many of those games you actually want.

[quote name='blindinglights']I think you could do a little better, but I guess it depends on how many of those games you actually want.[/QUOTE]

Considering it's over an hour just to drive there, I'm gonna pass. Like you said, I can do better.

Got pretty lucky the other day as I've been looking for a new 360 slim for the living room.
Xbox Slim 250gb all cables
3 controllers
9 games
Only needed/wanted the console so traded in the games to gamestop for $155 credit and bought everything together for 200 so that's like a console for $45

Just got back from picking up LA Noire on the 360 for $30. Everything was in like new condition. Had to drive about 50 minutes round trip but totally worth it on a nice Saturday night. I sold my copy about 10 days ago for $45 but when they announced the Rockstar pass I knew I had to find a new copy. Very pleased now.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']Just got back from picking up LA Noire on the 360 for $30. Everything was in like new condition. Had to drive about 50 minutes round trip but totally worth it on a nice Saturday night. I sold my copy about 10 days ago for $45 but when they announced the Rockstar pass I knew I had to find a new copy. Very pleased now.[/QUOTE]

So after gas you actually overpaid.

[quote name='Porksta']So after gas you actually overpaid.[/QUOTE]
This is why I love that I can bike everywhere. Never have to calcuate out my expenses when making thrift/pawn/CL runs, since I have none.

[quote name='Porksta']So after gas you actually overpaid.[/QUOTE]

Not really, I might have spent $4 in gas round trip. So $34 total for a game I sold last week for $45 and now has a trade in value of $37.50 to Amazon or $44 to Gamestop seems like a good deal to me.

silver psp 3000, 1 gb memory card, 3 movies, 1 game, wall charger, car charger and case for $75...

worth the price? game is some old tiger woods game and i dont care about the movies, but i've been eying either a psp or ds.

bread's done
Back