The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='Mizzou75']silver psp 3000, 1 gb memory card, 3 movies, 1 game, wall charger, car charger and case for $75...

worth the price? game is some old tiger woods game and i dont care about the movies, but i've been eying either a psp or ds.[/QUOTE]

It's not bad. For the most part, the game and the movies are worthless. It's not a massive deal, but that's about the price range I'd be ok with for a used PSP.

Mostly shovelware, but I figured I could flip the ones I don't want for my money back. All for $10

DSCN1045.jpg

[quote name='karkyco']It was/is a bullshit ad. The person who posted it in San Diego also posted it in OC and LA...I called the number and asked the guy who answered about it, and he said he wasn't selling Earthbound, only some other common SNES games among other things, and he's not in Lake Arrowhead.

My guess is some arsehole didn't like his prices, so to fuck with him they put up that bogus ad.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a pretty shitty thing to do to someone. I can understand the guy getting ticked off at prices, but to spam someone's personal info all over the internet like that, that's taking it a little too far.

[quote name='elessar123']It's not bad. For the most part, the game and the movies are worthless. It's not a massive deal, but that's about the price range I'd be ok with for a used PSP.[/QUOTE]

thanks. i offered $50 and he countered $60. i'm debating. i'd be more for it if it included any decent games.

[quote name='shadyfozzie']http://cnj.craigslist.org/vgm/2419761124.html

should I bite on this?[/QUOTE]

As blindinglights said. To me, when I see a Gamecube bundle like that, I think "someone got a Wii and is keeping all their choice Gamecube games and trying to dump the crap with the old console". I wouldn't pay more than $20-25 for that bundle, and only if I wanted a GC.

[quote name='kornflake7']Got pretty lucky the other day as I've been looking for a new 360 slim for the living room.
Xbox Slim 250gb all cables
3 controllers
9 games
Only needed/wanted the console so traded in the games to gamestop for $155 credit and bought everything together for 200 so that's like a console for $45[/QUOTE]

smart cookie!

Picked up the following for $30: (all 360)
Madden 11
NCAA Football 11
UFC 2010
Gears of War 2
Modern Warfare 2

Traded the last 3 in to GS for $32 right afterwards, and picked up a ME2 Steelbook for 360 and an ODST penny guide with $17 of the credit. :D

Not bad for a couple hours work. :D

Hey Guys I was wondering if you think a gamecube bundle with 10 games for $60 is a good move? He wants to meet up tomorrow but I am not quite sure. The games it comes with are...

The legend of Zelda the Windwaker
Simpsons Hit and Run
Warioworld
Sims Bustin' Out
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Animal Crossing
Twilight Princess
Super Monkey Ball 2
Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life
Super Mario Sunshine​

[quote name='alexkidd4']
Hey Guys I was wondering if you think a gamecube bundle with 10 games for $60 is a good move? He wants to meet up tomorrow but I am not quite sure. The games it comes with are...

The legend of Zelda the Windwaker
Simpsons Hit and Run
Warioworld
Sims Bustin' Out
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Animal Crossing
Twilight Princess
Super Monkey Ball 2
Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life
Super Mario Sunshine​
[/QUOTE]

Seems like a great game collection to me, if they're complete. You'd probably rack up nearly $60 trying to buy all those used and complete off eBay. Not sure what used Cube consoles run for.

Got a hard modded PS2 with a 500gb hard drive, 3 controllers, and two memory cards for.... $25.

Flawless condition. I'm having a blast downloading and burning some classis to play.

got all of this for $100

PSP 2001/Lite up to date system software

UMD Games:
Ratchet & Clank Size Matters
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
Legend of Heroes II
Warhammer Squad Command
Prince of Persia Revelations
Need For Speed Underground Rivals
GTA Liberty City Stories
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

UMD Movies:
Ren & Stimpy Show Vol 1
Godzilla: Final Wars
The Cave
Final Fantasy: Spirits Within
L4yer Cake
Kung Fu Hustle
Labyrinth
Mad Max
Batman the Movie (1960's version)
Amityville Horror (Remake)
Akira (Anime)
Steamboy (Anime)
Stealth (with game as well)
Aeon Flux Complete animated series
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Apocalypse

Has a glare shield on it. Soft case by CaseLogic, hardcase for UMDs and a miniature suitcase like hardcase for PSP/UMDs/Accessories. Decalgirl.com's Accident skin plus matching wallpaper on it. 4.0 gb memory stick.

I knew this forum would have a thread like this. I just had to come and brag: Got a DS phat, a GBA SP, with Pokemon Emerald and Nintendogs for $20. Sold Pokemon and Nintendogs for $23. So I basically got a DS and an SP for -$3.

Hey i got a friend brother who is willing to sell me legends of dragoon, final fantasy IX, final fantasy chronicles all black label for ten bucks a piece. picking up the dragoon for sure sense i dont have it but the final fantasies dont seem to be going for very much these days. So should i grab them all?

If you're intending to resell them, no. Chronicles and 9 both sell rather poorly these days, so 10 a piece isnt really worth it. LoD is a different story.

So just found this thread... I'll post a couple of my more recent finds:

Psp 1001, 1gb mem card, charger: $50

Gameboy micro, gameboy advance sp with pokemon fire red, 2x pokemon emerald, golden sun, final fantasy v, kirby: nightmare in dreamland, some need for speed game and some other game I can't remember off the top of my head: $70 for all. Friend of mine bought the sp for $20, so I got the micro + games for $50

Gba games: fire emblem, fire emblem sacred stones, and advance wars. $20

I picked up a mint condition Crimson/Black DS Lite and case for $40. Thats for my daughter. And then tonight, COD Black Ops, Dead Rising 2 and Fallout NV, all for $30.

Picked up a 19" LCD HDTV for $60 the other day. It was in pretty much new condition, the guy still had the plastic tape wrap on the corners.

I just picked up a nice PS2 Slim with 2 memory cards and 1 Controller plus 18 games for 30 bucks.

Game highlights
Suikoden 3 Complete
GTA San Andreas(Hot Coffee I believe) - No manual
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake eatter x2 - Complete
SWII Battlefront - Complete
NfS: Most Watned
VF4
CoD 3
FFX
FFX-2
God of War
GT3

Plus a bunch of sport games and a few other non important games.

A couple of weeks ago, I got a Blue DSi XL complete with box through trading a black Wii Sports Resort bundle, which was new in box, minus Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort and the black nunchuk, all of which I took out earlier and gave to my girlfriend. Great way to get rid of a bundle I wouldn't be able to sell for much in its condition (Wii system, Wii Remote, Wii Motion plus, a/v cables, power plug, sensor bar, documentation).

girlfireind for need for speed 360 - $1 (canton)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-06-24, 2:31PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a slutty girlfriend that like to cheat on me and i want to trade her for a copy of nfs hot pursuit 360.

Anyone want a slutty girlfriend for a night?

Got this today-

PS1 with 2 controllers (1 is a dualshock 2) 3 mem. cards

Complete-
Tactics Ogre
Brigandine
FF 8 and 9
Crash 1 & 2
Chrono cross
Casper
WWF their goes the neighborhood

Disc Only-
MK 3 and 4
Gunship
Soviet strike
TM 1 & 3
Tenchu 1
Jet moto 2 and 3
-he also threw in a GBA SP- Got everything for $50

I think i did alright, i really only wanted Tactics Ogre and Brigandine, but he wouldn't break it up and he said he got 10-15 calls on it.

http://scranton.craigslist.org/vgm/2459067096.html
playstation and games - $50 (Mountain Top)Date: 2011-06-23, 9:39PM EDTReply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]Playstation works perfect2 controllers2 memory cards1 mega memory cardBuch of games

[quote name='lude21']Got this today-

Complete-
Tactics Ogre
Brigandine
FF 8 and 9
Crash 1 & 2
Chrono cross
Casper

Disc Only-
MK 3 and 4
Gunship
Soviet strike
TM 1 & 3
Tenchu 1
Jet moto 2 and 3

I think i did alright, i really only wanted Tactics Ogre and Brigandine, but he wouldn't break it up and he said he got 10-15 calls on it.

playstation and games - $50 (Mountain Top)Date: 2011-06-23, 9:39PM EDTReply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]Playstation works perfect2 controllers2 memory cards1 mega memory cardBuch of games[/QUOTE]

And here's a handy list of what items to flip to get your two gems for free :bouncy:

FF 8 and 9
Crash 1
Chrono cross
GBA SP

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']And here's a handy list of what items to flip to get your two gems for free :bouncy:

FF 8 and 9
Crash 1
Chrono cross
GBA SP[/QUOTE]

Lol, yup, way ahead of ya. Thx for the tip tho! I'm hoping my nemesis was one of the 15 callers :)

[quote name='Potatoeman']Wow, nice! What condition are Tactics Ogre and Brig? Nice find[/QUOTE]

Both in great shape 8/10, i realized Brigandine is missing the map though :(, btw i charged the GBA SP with my DS charger...the light just stays on foever. I let it charge like 6 hours and the thing wont turn on. Battery dead? Ive read fuses could go bad inside too, o well the dude threw it in for free.

[quote name='lude21']Got this today-

Complete-
Tactics Ogre
Brigandine
FF 8 and 9
Crash 1 & 2
Chrono cross
Casper

Disc Only-
MK 3 and 4
Gunship
Soviet strike
TM 1 & 3
Tenchu 1
Jet moto 2 and 3

playstation and games - $50 (Mountain Top)Date: 2011-06-23, 9:39PM EDTReply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]Playstation works perfect2 controllers2 memory cards1 mega memory cardBuch of games[/QUOTE]
twitch3kv.gif
Why is it when I check the local CL I find the $150 PS2 systems and when you check it you find gold?
twitch3kv.gif
twitch3kv.gif
twitch3kv.gif

For fuck's sake, did you go to a dog park n step in every pile of dog shit there to get this lucky?:whistle2:#

Either way, good score....:razz:

[quote name='Scorch']there*

also, this is not a game. Do you mean WWF In Your House?[/QUOTE]

Ooops, i used a wrong form of a word! LOL and ya its WWF in your house-THERE goes the neighborhood. Someone ran out of bud today huh? lol

Btw IATCG, r u kidding me? This is my only 2nd find from CL, my first being a mint and complete copy of Legend of Mana (ps1) for $8. I see the same ads you do dude.
Oh and thx guys :)

N64 with hookups (no controller), Mario Tennis, Mario Party 3, Destruction Derby, Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, XGR2: $30 total

Not bad. Not amazing.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
twitch3kv.gif
Why is it when I check the local CL I find the $150 PS2 systems and when you check it you find gold?
twitch3kv.gif
twitch3kv.gif
twitch3kv.gif

For fuck's sake, did you go to a dog park n step in every pile of dog shit there to get this lucky?:whistle2:#

Either way, good score....:razz:[/QUOTE]

I've been getting a lot of the $150 "gems" lately as well; it's all about when you check because the mega-blaster happy ads tend to get pounced on within a two-hour window. There's been times where I've checked CL between two and four in the afternoon and made sure to intercept the poster when they get off from work at five or six (to get in front of the folks who say they'll show up at seven or eight). That's exactly how I secured my free
Lunar Eternal Blue and Silver Star Story
after flips.

Scored the sweetest deal ever from CL this past weekend, at least for me!

Traded this:
-:360: Halo Reach (used), Gears of War (used), Mass Effect 2 (new)
-:ps3: Dante's Inferno (used)
-$20 cash

For THIS:
-God of War LE Deep Red PSP
-PSP case w/built in screen protector, room for 2 UMDs and memory sticks
-Sony 4 mb memory stick
-Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
-PSP wall charger

DSC06410-1-1.jpg

Ad was up on CL less than a day, managed to catch it because I was looking for a copy of God of War 3. Made the call because the ad said $70 or trade with comparable games. I gave him my offer and was contacted a few hours later. He offered me the deal because I gave him the best trade and didn't try to do a lowball. Honestly, I think I would have offered him his full asking price! But I wanted to trade in all those games anyway so it worked out well.

Dude said the PSP had less than 6 hours of playing time on it and was always stored in the case straight from the box. It shows, PSP has no scratches at all, no smudges or marks, minty fresh! Kratos battery cover on the back is unscathed! Case and charger are still in brand new condition as well. He wanted to get rid of it all because he just doesn't use it. Plus, if he finds the box and the movie UMD that came with the PSP he will let me have it free of charge.

This cat had some money to burn though, older guy late 30's and was driving a brand new Mercedes 3 series sedan. Not shady at all, very cool. Wicked score for me!

$50 got me a SNES with 6 SNES games including Mega Man X3 and Super Mario All Stars also got him to throw in Contra for the NES and Rugrats for the 64.

Keeping with the God of War finds, I finally got a good deal on a :ps3: God of War - Ultimate Edition yesterday. It came complete in near brand new condition, person only played it once. Was selling it because she was disappointed in the ending. All codes were complete and still not scratched off and used, also came with some bonus God of War DLC codes from Amazon. Game disc and Pandora's Box was totally clean, and she didn't even open the art book. Even the outer box everything came in was in excellent condition, she opened the seals carefully to not damage the box.

It did set me back a bit at $40, but at least I got it down from $65. Overall pretty happy with the purchase considering how much these can go for new or used on Ebay.

I got this Fallout 3 Survival set for only $30, the only negative thing was that the boxes/making of Fallout DVD/ artbook didn't come with it (he said they are in the attic and there's a beehive up there so he can't get them but he can get them in the future and give them to me for free, here's hoping..)

Another problem is that the Pip-boy clock doesn't work when I put in the batteries... anyone know if it's even possible to repair this?
DSC00964.jpg

I'm not picking it up since I live in an apartment, but here goes:

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/zip/2469642016.html

Redneck Yard Decor (Akron-Ellet)

Date: 2011-06-29, 6:17PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

These big tires will proudly decorate any redneck yard, make a sandbox for Junior, or use them for a raised garden bed.
Use your imagination.
Come n' get em !

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3ne3m13of5Z15Q65S6b6tbe7dc101dd441c0c.jpg

[quote name='BargainGamer']I got this Fallout 3 Survival set for only $30, the only negative thing was that the boxes/making of Fallout DVD/ artbook didn't come with it (he said they are in the attic and there's a beehive up there so he can't get them but he can get them in the future and give them to me for free, here's hoping..)

Another problem is that the Pip-boy clock doesn't work when I put in the batteries... anyone know if it's even possible to repair this?
DSC00964.jpg
[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard there were many cases where it was DOA. There were many complaints that Bethesda was charging people return shipping to repair them, when they should have gotten a working one in the first place. There were also many reports that it drained batteries pretty quickly, as in fresh batteries would die in less than a week. Try possibly using new batteries too.

Last week, bought an Atari 2600 Factory Recommissioned Heavy Six with about 25 games for $25. It was missing an adapter, but in some great twist of fate, found another complete Atari 2600 (a Vader system this time) with another 20 games for $20. Had to junk two joysticks, but after some major dusting, found out they both worked!

Not sure what I'll get for them, though...resale prices are schizophrenic for 2600's.

Not doing many garage sales this weekend, but looking forward to the County Flea Market on Saturday and a flea market at the Allstate Arena on Sunday...trying my luck there.

[quote name='Link927']From what I've heard there were many cases where it was DOA. There were many complaints that Bethesda was charging people return shipping to repair them, when they should have gotten a working one in the first place. There were also many reports that it drained batteries pretty quickly, as in fresh batteries would die in less than a week. Try possibly using new batteries too.[/QUOTE]

I tried those options but it still doesn't work, you think I could get it repair somewhere?

[quote name='BargainGamer']I tried those options but it still doesn't work, you think I could get it repair somewhere?[/QUOTE]

At one point Bethesda was doing warranty repairs on them, Im not sure if they're still doing it since its been a while since its been released. But you can possibly try contacting their support and seeing if you can get a replacement or a repair?

[quote name='BargainGamer']I got this Fallout 3 Survival set for only $30, the only negative thing was that the boxes/making of Fallout DVD/ artbook didn't come with it (he said they are in the attic and there's a beehive up there so he can't get them but he can get them in the future and give them to me for free, here's hoping..)

[/QUOTE]

Did you try a different set of batteries? The ones you tried could be dead...

Any input on this?

Selling my game collection about to move. Over 170 games at $3 a game this is a bargain. I will list the best games for each console and how many total for that console. If I had time to list them seperatly I would have done so on ebay. This is a collector or dealers dream and is being sold as a lot.
-Nes-100 games
Zelda 1-2 gold
ninja gaiden 1-2
punch out
double dragon
river city ransom
final fantasy w guide (nintendo power)
excitebike
dragon warrior 1-3
TMNT 1-3
double dragon 1-3
contra 1-2
castlevania 1-3
-SNES-22 games
Chrono Trigger
Zelda link to the past
Earthbound box, guide damaged
super mario rpg
donkey kong country
secret of mana
secret of evermore complete
N64- 5 games-plus console w expansion pak
Zelda ocarina complete collectors
Majoras mask gold cart only
harvest moon complete
Paper mario
pilotwings
star fox
-PS1-16 games
Lunar silver star collectors boxed
Lunar 2 eternal blue collectors boxed
Arc the lad collection boxed
Final Fantasy 7-8-9-chronicals-anthology-origins-and tactics
xenogears
chrono cross
alundra
dragon warrior 7
legend of mana
-Ps2-4 games-console included
god of war 1-2
-Ps3-10 games
Fall out new vegas collectors boxed w/collectors guide
Fall out 3 game of the year w/collectors guide
valkyria chronicals
-Game cube-4 games
Zelda wind waker
Resident evil 1
metroid prime 1-2
viewtiful joe
-Wii-5 games
mario galaxy 1
metal slug anthology
resident evil 4
super mario wii
donkey kong county returns
-Genesis-6 games
splatterhouse 3
sonic 2
landstalker
x men 2
comic zone
eternal champions

Lots of extras anything game related I have is yours if you purchase the lot
Old nintendo powers, guides, power pad etc etc

If that post is legit, than it is probably already sold. Looks like one of those too good to be true posts, though. $3 per game is pretty insane considering the quality of those titles.

[quote name='Doomstink']If that post is legit, than it is probably already sold. Looks like one of those too good to be true posts, though. $3 per game is pretty insane considering the quality of those titles.[/QUOTE]

I emailed him and he still has it. My problem is it's a significant cash outlay, I'm out of town, so getting the stuff home would be non-trivial, and I don't want to get scammed. He stated in his reply that it isn't a scam, but he doesn't have any pictures since his wife's camera is broken.

$3 each for those games is crazy, the problem is I don't know what the other 80 NES games are, etc.

From the sounds of it, it seems like he'll be asking around $500 for the lot and you wont be able to pick and choose your games. That said, I'd still be all over it with those games mentioned.

I'd be all over it as well. If I were within 150 miles or so I'd probably drive and pick it up. There's at least $1500 worth of games in there, probably more. Even if some of the NES games are crap, just have a yard sale and ask a buck each. Or ebay them as a lot. People will buy anything for a dollar. Seriously.

bread's done
Back