The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='BHitmanW20']Picked up 20 SNES games and a controller for $15 (asking price). Just happened to be online when the post went up. Found out a few titles by e-mail and jumped on it. I did have to drive about an hour round trip, but it was totally worth it.

Super Mario World
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario Kart
Super Star Wars
Super Tennis
Captain America and the Avengers
Zelda Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 3
Donkey Kong Country 3 (yes, 2 of them)
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat 3
Aladdin
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Power Rangers Fighting Edition
Super Metroid
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Pilotwings
First party controller
Dust Sleeve
[/QUOTE]

That's a steal for $15. Nice find!

After 2 days of phone and email tag, I ended up getting the follow 4 games for $10:

XBOX KOTOR
XBOX KOTOR II
XBOX Star Wars Battlefront
PS2 Final Fantasy X-2

Seemed like a solid deal.

[quote name='BHitmanW20']Picked up 20 SNES games and a controller for $15 (asking price). Just happened to be online when the post went up. Found out a few titles by e-mail and jumped on it. I did have to drive about an hour round trip, but it was totally worth it.

Super Mario World
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario Kart
Super Star Wars
Super Tennis
Captain America and the Avengers
Zelda Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 3
Donkey Kong Country 3 (yes, 2 of them)
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat 3
Aladdin
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Power Rangers Fighting Edition
Super Metroid
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Pilotwings
First party controller
Dust Sleeve
[/QUOTE]

That's a steal. I bought a lot like that recently but I paid $50 and I had to talk him down.

Made another tasty little craigslist find yesterday. Got everything in both pics for $40 total.

SDC14142.jpg

SDC14145.jpg

We talked through email a bit the night before we met up. I offer him "about $40, depending on condition and game selection" for his n64 stuff (which was supposed to include 2 controllers), since he didn't want to name every game he had. Shortly before I arrive to our meeting place, he calls me and tells me he can't find the n64's controllers, but found a "Sega Saturn still in the box." I told him to bring it with the n64 stuff, and I'll buy whatever he has. We meet, I offer $35, he wants $45, we settle at $40.

I need to get an AV cable to verify that the Saturn works, but it powered on at least. It's nearly CIB, but missing the original av cable and the case for the daytona game. Still, $40 for everything was a solid deal. Have never played a Saturn before, can't wait to give it a go. Will deal the n64 games and system; pretty sure that's about the 15th n64 I have at the moment. At least it came with the expansion pack. I love craigslist!

[quote name='Floopy']Made another tasty little craigslist find yesterday. Got everything in both pics for $40 total.[/QUOTE]

15 N64's? Holy shit. You plan on keeping all those? If not shoot me a PM and maybe I'll take one off your hands

I picked this up the other day.

PS1, 2 memory cards, Action Replay Card, wires, controllers
[FONT=&quot]Space Invaders
Super Turbo Puzzle Fighter
Soul Blade
Spyro The Dragon
Final Fantasy VII
Ea Sports NCAA MARCH MADNESS 99"
Parasite Eve
Final Fantasy VIII
Grand Turismo
ODD WORLD
EA Sports NBA Live 98
CRASH Bandicoot Warped
The Next Tetris
The Legend of Dragon

[/FONT]Whole lot for $60. I made a stupid mistake and didn't check Legend of Dragoon. It's missing Disc 1. ARGH!!!! I now have 2 copies of Legend of Dragoon with Disc 1 missing. FML! LOL!
I probably could've got the whole lot for $50 if I paid attention.

Not as epic as a few above me, but I was able to score the following from my local B/S/T Facebook group for $50.

Black Gamecube w/ digital out and pwr & a/v cables
Gameboy player with disk
2 GCN controllers
1 wireless Pelican controller
1 Mad Catz memory card
1 GCN memory card
Resident Evil
Pikmin 2
Zelda Collector's Edition
Mario Kart Double Dash
Def Jam Vendetta
Super Smash Bros Melee

I'm keeping Pikmin 2 and Resident Evil as I already have or have no interest in the rest of the stuff. Should easily make my $$ back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cmw7290']^You're from WF too haha I was eyeing this as well but he punched up the corners with tacs......[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's hilarious. I never thought in a million years I'd find another CAG who lives in WF. Maybe we can help each other keep tabs on deals/item availability? That also threw me off that he punctured the posters with tacs. I think I was more excited that there is actually something on Craigslist that isn't a $350 PS3 bundle that includes NBA 2K9, haha.

[quote name='Mizzou75']whatd you pay for the cat[/QUOTE]
As with any pussy, it usually is free at first. However, long-term maintenance is a bitch.

Does anyone if K-Mart ever bundle Shivers 2 with Amber Journeys Beyond?

I have this combo sealed and was wondering if it was legit.

[quote name='Rexall']I picked this up the other day.

PS1, 2 memory cards, Action Replay Card, wires, controllers
[FONT=&quot]Space Invaders
Super Turbo Puzzle Fighter
Soul Blade
Spyro The Dragon
Final Fantasy VII
Ea Sports NCAA MARCH MADNESS 99"
Parasite Eve
Final Fantasy VIII
Grand Turismo
ODD WORLD
EA Sports NBA Live 98
CRASH Bandicoot Warped
The Next Tetris
The Legend of Dragon

[/FONT]Whole lot for $60. I made a stupid mistake and didn't check Legend of Dragoon. It's missing Disc 1. ARGH!!!! I now have 2 copies of Legend of Dragoon with Disc 1 missing. FML! LOL!
I probably could've got the whole lot for $50 if I paid attention.[/QUOTE]

I PMed you, I have a copy of legend of dragoon from a thrift shop missing disc 3, wanted to know if you would be interested in a disc one of the game, I think i typed it poorly in the message.

I took a plunge on a $500 50+ lb lot of Lego and minifigs. It looks like I may come close to doubling my money after all is said and done. As a bonus, I get to try to put together some sets, like Arkham Asylum and stuff, so play value while sorting FTW!

[quote name='Percy Harvin']I took a plunge on a $500 50+ lb lot of Lego and minifigs. It looks like I may come close to doubling my money after all is said and done. As a bonus, I get to try to put together some sets, like Arkham Asylum and stuff, so play value while sorting FTW![/QUOTE]

Good score, but that's going to be so much work. I had like 10llbs of Legos when I was a kid, and that was already a pain.

[quote name='elessar123']Good score, but that's going to be so much work. I had like 10llbs of Legos when I was a kid, and that was already a pain.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I just finished the minifigs (over 200). I pulled out the valuable ones, and am now figuring out how to combine the legs, torsos, heads, and accessories of the miscellaneous ones left over. The great thing is the seller had already separated the pieces by color, so going through the different bags of color should be easy.

I see legos often at garage sales. I don't really know what ones are worth money. If they have boxes /directions and are cheap, I usually buy them.

I know on ebay minifigs can go anywhere on average from $1-5 each with some rarer ones getting higher of course. It seems like a lot of work though to list them all, but there are a lot of collectors out there so I dont see any problems if you're not expecting instant return. Nice find of course.

picked up one of these for $95 today

virtua-stick-high-grade.jpg

nice condition, seems they go for $200 or so used. Needed a ps3 stick and this looks nice too.

[quote name='Link927']I know on ebay minifigs can go anywhere on average from $1-5 each with some rarer ones getting higher of course. It seems like a lot of work though to list them all, but there are a lot of collectors out there so I dont see any problems if you're not expecting instant return. Nice find of course.[/QUOTE]

I don't sell them all. I put the miscellaneous ones in a minifig lot. It sells faster and the profits are negligible when looking at the amount of time it would take to list individually.

Picked up a random lot of snes and 15games for 50$. I was hoping for at least 1 descent game in the bunch to my surprise there was a rare gem in there :)!!! Metal Warriors I haven't played that game since I was 8 or so and we rented it at Blockbuster lol. Turns out the game is crazy rare now and sells for 40-60 easily

Is this Dreamcast bundle a decent deal? I've been wanting one for a while now and they seem to be hard to find. No controllers (I have two) and the games below for $50:

I have Sega GT,The House of the dead 2,Soul Calibuk,Dead or Alive 2,The Grinch,Dave Mirra freestyle BMX,Zombie Revenge,Carrier,Toy Command,Incoming,Code Veronica,Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver,Shadow Man,NFL 2K,Space Channel 5,Tennis 2K2,NBA 2K1,World Series Baseball,Q.Bert,Eco the Dolphin Defender of Future,MSR Metropolis Street Racer,Crazy Taxi,Trick Style,Smashpack Volume 1,NFl Blitz 2000,Ready to rumble 2,Fighting Force 2,Star Wars demolition,Sega Rally Championship,Star Wars episode 1 Jedi Power Battles,Max Steel,Cyber Troopers Virtual On,Sonis Adventure,Jet Grind Radio,Shemmue Disc 1 & 2.

Edit: She says that all games are complete except one and that the console for sure works. It looks like both Star Wars games and Cyber Troopers are semi-rare. I may have to pick this up!

Edit2: What BS is this now? I contacted her first and while trying to set up a time/place to meet, she says that someone else offered her $60! Guess I'm out of luck :(

[quote name='Pyloric']

Edit2: What BS is this now? I contacted her first and while trying to set up a time/place to meet, she says that someone else offered her $60! Guess I'm out of luck :([/QUOTE]

Don't feel too bad it happens. I offered someone $3750 for a bundle but said I wouldn't be able to pick it up til this afternoon because of work and having to go to the bank. Someone else picked it up last night for the same amount.

Jeez, that's even worse. At least the guys that stole my bundle offered more. That and I'm sure I'll find another Dreamcast one of these days. . .

No pictures yet, but wow- pretty excited for my new haul. Just bought an as-is PS3 console. Just did the basic "hold power down for x amount of time", and got it completely working again. Even better is that it's the Metal Gear Solid 80GB backwards compatible system w/a dual shock, all cords (HDMI too), and even a (beat up) box.

Normally I wouldn't touch it, since I'm a goon with anything as far as taking it apart and whatnot. But I had a feeling a simple fix like that would work since their description was something along the lines of "PS3 not working properly. Hangs on the Home Screen".

[quote name='Barney']parasite eve + guide for $20 a good deal?[/QUOTE]

That depends - are you intending to play it, flip it, or use it is a marital aid?

In order - it's not bad, no, heck no.

i wanted it for personal use and i got it lol.

Now how about Grandia II ( black label ) complete for $10 dollars?
I'd like to flip this one, is it a good deal?

[quote name='Barney']i wanted it for personal use and i got it lol.

Now how about Grandia II ( black label ) complete for $10 dollars?
I'd like to flip this one, is it a good deal?[/QUOTE]

Check completed listings on ebay.

[quote name='Dokstarr']Don't feel too bad it happens. I offered someone $3750 for a bundle but said I wouldn't be able to pick it up til this afternoon because of work and having to go to the bank. Someone else picked it up last night for the same amount.[/QUOTE]

lol, all is fair in craigslist and if you buy enough stuff it's going to happen to you at least once. If I was the kid I would of done the same exact thing, it's not like craiglist tends to produce the most reliable people you can count on. First come first served.

Picked up a Nes Top Loader for 50, normally I would try and cut a better deal, but as my area is filled with a bunch of craigslist resellers, and that I was saving a little from the cost of shipping, I went ahead and got it since thats one console I didn't have for my collection. Have 2 front loaders already, and passed 2 more from a yard sale @ 20 each knowing I was picking this up.

It was really weird for a few reasons. I stopped by the place on the way home from work, it was a couple and by the immense smell of incense, I figured they were hippies/potheads. The top loader is still giving off a constant incense smell. I called them when i got to the neighborhood but got wrong directions and they had to come meet me, they left the doors wide open and the lights on. I was going to ask what they did for the florida bugs...but maybe the incense is for that.

Their living room had a small crt tv, and then like a 10 inch monitor that this guy was playing ps2 games on. I saw a box with a sports dreamcast and a bunch of stuff in it and asked about it. The guy offered it to me for 5 dollars, I didn't have extra cash on me so I said I'd come back for it. Also I noticed 7 nintendo games, I was wondering why they were selling the top loader and keeping the games. Oh well, I asked the guy if he would sell those too, waiting to here back from him.

Just picked up an NES with 16 games, 4 controllers, 1 zapper, 1 Eliminator cleaner in clamshell and the NES Satellite for $40.

The games:
Ghosts & Goblins
Top Gun
P.O.W.
Super Mario/Duck Hunt x2
Metroid
Yoshi
Tetris (C.I.B.)
Zelda
Mega Man
Batman
Iron Sword: Wizards & Warriors II
Dungeon Magic
Robin Hood
Super Mario 3
Dr Mario (C.I.B.)

Dr Mario box is minty.

Guy wanted $50 but I talked him down, was mostly interested in the NES Satellite but was happy with a few of the games.

[quote name='alexkidd4']lol, all is fair in craigslist and if you buy enough stuff it's going to happen to you at least once. If I was the kid I would of done the same exact thing, it's not like craiglist tends to produce the most reliable people you can count on. First come first served.[/QUOTE]

Of course I'm sure I would've done the same. It has happened before and will happen again. The other person may have actually done me a favor though.

I really thought it was a bit over priced and the amount of hours (probably days and days) to sell off the doubles would've not been worth the savings. Originally I opted to pass on it, then made him an offer, and then when someone made a higher offer but wouldn't be able to get money together for a week I went up again.

I'm pretty sure that about 1/2 of the collection has ended up back on craigslist with the person looking for $2000 with most of the valuable games all removed (except for Snow Bros.). I don't see that moving for close to that price though.

Happy he got most of his money back though for it. Turns out it was somebody who had bought a bunch of stuff from me like 9 months ago when I was cleaning out of a lot of stuff from my apt. He remembered me from my Virtual Boy display.

Might be picking up a silver psp today for $30 with 2 games and a case. Games are baseball and racing. Probably worthless to trade in at gamestop but figure if I get a few $ from them it's worth it.

Guy says its in great shape but he rarely plays it.

[quote name='MasterSun1']
a.jpg

$100 for the lot (also included the MGS4 Artbook)

c.jpg

b.jpg

$10 for the 4 GBA games and 2 cases[/QUOTE]

Nice snag on all that...I would love all of that! I always kick myself for not preordering the MGS 3 Subsistence Limited...Although just checking eBay now it seems as though prices have cooled from what they once were...You still got a great deal though!

3DS deal I may take on local CL

Well cared for Nintendo 3DS. The price is $150 firm. Comes with:

Four GOOD 3DS specific games - 2 GB memory card - car charger - wall charger - Power A case with storage space for games, etc - 2 extra after market telescoping styluses - Giant AR Card - 5 AR cards - charging dock

4 GAMES: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, StarFox 64 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, Sonic Generations 3D

Decent Super Nintendo bundle I picked up here; I basically did everything wrong in terms of CL contacting (asked for a list of games and didn't reply until 4 days later), but the seller was cool / very communicative.

- Buster Busts Loose!
- Earthworm Jim
- Indiana Jones: Greatest Adventures
- Killer Instinct
- Mario Paint w/ Mouse and Pad
- Mortal Kombat 3
- Power Rangers Zeo: Battle Racers
- Spawn
- Bart's Nightmare
- Virtual Bart

Initially I was eying the Simpson's stuff, on Bart's Nightmare I've been needing an upgrade and Virtual Bart I haven't played since it was available as a rental. We hadn't settled on a price, but I saw a little $3 next to their post and was poised to offer $20 on all.

Now this is one of those deals that goes from okay to better; once on location they produce the following manuals:

- Buster Busts Loose
- Indiana Jones
- Mortal Kombat
- Mortal Kombat 3
- Super Star Wars

and a few more games that they just happened to scrounge up:

- Killer Instinct
- Super Mario Kart
- Super Mario RPG :hot:
- Virtual Bart

- Link's Awakening DX (gameboy)

Having never seen a Super Mario RPG or Virtual Bart locally (much less 2 Virtual Barts), needless to say I'm feeling a bit more confident! I ask how much she is asking for each (and here the $3 each I thought I saw mysteriously transforms into $4 each, still nothing too frightful). I offer $30 and $35 is settled on.

It's not the largest collection, yet I'm rather happy to find some titles I can use after months of suffering (watching ebay listings) and not being able to find a good SNES lot. Without a doubt, local deals still kick ass over all else. :cool:

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Decent Super Nintendo bundle I picked up here; I basically did everything wrong in terms of CL contacting (asked for a list of games and didn't reply until 4 days later), but the seller was cool / very communicative.

- Buster Busts Loose!
- Earthworm Jim
- Indiana Jones: Greatest Adventures
- Killer Instinct
- Mario Paint w/ Mouse and Pad
- Mortal Kombat 3
- Power Rangers Zeo: Battle Racers
- Spawn
- Bart's Nightmare
- Virtual Bart

Initially I was eying the Simpson's stuff, on Bart's Nightmare I've been needing an upgrade and Virtual Bart I haven't played since it was available as a rental. We hadn't settled on a price, but I saw a little $3 next to their post and was poised to offer $20 on all.

Now this is one of those deals that goes from okay to better; once on location they produce the following manuals:

- Buster Busts Loose
- Indiana Jones
- Mortal Kombat
- Mortal Kombat 3
- Super Star Wars

and a few more games that they just happened to scrounge up:

- Killer Instinct
- Super Mario Kart
- Super Mario RPG :hot:
- Virtual Bart

- Link's Awakening DX (gameboy)

Having never seen a Super Mario RPG or Virtual Bart locally (much less 2 Virtual Barts), needless to say I'm feeling a bit more confident! I ask how much she is asking for each (and here the $3 each I thought I saw mysteriously transforms into $4 each, still nothing too frightful). I offer $30 and $35 is settled on.

It's not the largest collection, yet I'm rather happy to find some titles I can use after months of suffering (watching ebay listings) and not being able to find a good SNES lot. Without a doubt, local deals still kick ass over all else. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Nice haul. Super mario rpg and mario kart was worth the price alone. I've been after that zelda gameboy game.

[quote name='needler420']Nice haul. Super mario rpg and mario kart was worth the price alone. I've been after that zelda gameboy game.[/QUOTE]

Thx, this is the first DX version of Link's Awakening I've come across actually.

5Ic5Ge5Fd3I43pa3H9c3lb60d4c0a08881702.jpg

What would you guys think this is worth without looking at the games etc.?

Advertised as PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Sega Genesis, 2 Gamecubes with guides+games. I'm planning to go by and see the lot tomorrow, but they're asking $400.

bread's done
Back