The Official Craigslist Finds Thread!

[quote name='xenozfan2']Ok I've got strange Craigslist story. Yesterday I was looking around craigslist for some deals when I saw someone selling an xbox 360 elite for $60. I called him and he said it didn't have a hardrive and had been refurbished before and it wouldn't play some of his games. So I said I would buy it so I might could fix it. If I couldn't fix it I could always sell it on ebay for close to what I paid for it. So I drove to jackson which is about 45 min from where I live to meet him at walmart to buy it. When I got there I found him to make the deal then the weird thing happened. He told me he knew it might not play any games so he gave me the xbox for free. I was very shocked and even more so when I got home and the xbox works fine. Something like this has never happened to me before so i'm pretty pumped to play some good xbox games.[/QUOTE]

Not really. One time some guy gave me a bunch of free PC games, such as Oblivion, Half Life, Halo and so on.

finally scored a Nintendo 64, saw an ad on craigslist for a garage sale happening Saturday and mentioned a N64 so I called and guy said something to the effect of it being 2 systems in 1 so went to take a look and it was 2 Nintendo 64 with power cable and 1 AV cable 2 controllers and 9 games for $30. Some of the good games were Killer Instinct Gold, Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, Dr. Mario 64

Then went to check a thrift shop and got Super Mario 64 for $12 (is that a good price?) They also had Mario Kart 64 for $12 and Star Fox 64 for $10 and Goldeneye 007 for $10 or $12. How are those prices? I thought about getting them all but didn't want to spend more on the games than I spent on the system.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg'] How are those prices? I thought about getting them all but didn't want to spend more on the games than I spent on the system.[/QUOTE]
Not bad. I wish I could find a cheap n64 so I could play me some pokemon stadium. The n64 is only of the only systems that there are really no good emulators for.

[quote name='Bing147']I think its Tin Star but may be wrong, fairly sure its not Earthbound though[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it looks more like that.... lame... any ideas on what some of the others might be?

well I am going to sell one of my two Nintendo 64, both are in perfect working condition. IS there a way to know the manufacture date so I can keep the newer one? Or is there something I should look for when deciding which one to keep? Both are in about the same cosmetic condition.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Yeah, it looks more like that.... lame... any ideas on what some of the others might be?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm one metalcombat and another looks like TMNT turtles in time

Craigslist in my area has been hit with a bunch of posts from people outside the area. Loads of console only 360s for $75-$125... No real gems.

When something does crop up, it's usually eBay prices and zero negotiating.

Spending more time looking through electronics and musical instruments...

[quote name='Kingmojo210']Hmmm one metalcombat and another looks like TMNT turtles in time[/QUOTE]

Metal Combat is definitely there (requires Super Scope). Revolution X (not good).

Tetris/Dr. Mario combo = best game in the lot! Go get it!

Not sure what the others are. I don't think TMNT is in there.

[quote name='Rig']Metal Combat is definitely there (requires Super Scope). Revolution X (not good).

Tetris/Dr. Mario combo = best game in the lot! Go get it!

Not sure what the others are. I don't think TMNT is in there.[/QUOTE]

Haven't heard back from the guy at all. I already have a copy of Tetris/Dr. Mario combo that I got a garage sale a week or so ago (picked up SNES + Tetris 2 + Tetris/Dr. Mario combo for $2), so I think I might pass on this...

[quote name='Rig']I don't think TMNT is in there.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, not mentioned yet but I'm pretty sure Zool is the game in the top right. That only leave the game in the bottom left unidentified.

Picked up a NES system, pretty good condition with the following games for $50
SMB 3
Jackal
Kung Fu (2 copies)
Solar Jetman
Yo!Noid
California Games
Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
Exitebike
TMNT
Karate Champ
Knight Rrider
SMB / Duck Hunt
SMB / Duck Hunt / World Class

Also got a SNES in pretty good condition with the following for $45:
Killer Instinct
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2 (2 copies)
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart

While not directly related to video games I picked up a brand new APC J15 (black) Power Conditioner and Battery Backup for $200.

[quote name='Rexall']Picked up a NES system, pretty good condition with the following games for $50
SMB 3
Jackal
Kung Fu (2 copies)
Solar Jetman
Yo!Noid
California Games
Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
Exitebike
TMNT
Karate Champ
Knight Rrider
SMB / Duck Hunt
SMB / Duck Hunt / World Class

Also got a SNES in pretty good condition with the following for $45:
Killer Instinct
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2 (2 copies)
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart[/QUOTE]

The last three games in your SNES pickup made that worth it.

Not videogame related but picked up Lego Gold City Junction and Sheriff's Lockup sets for 50. They are missing a few pieces but most of them are there so I'm pretty pleased as peach. Actually not a fan of the Sheriff's Lockup so I may sell it instead and get something else.

what would be a good offer to make on all this stuff the guy was like $120/$150 with scene it i was thinking more around the $75 area but not sure how much resale value the lot has if any

Uncharted :
Uncharted 2 :
Ninja Gaiden (collectors edition):
Metal Gear Solid 4 :
Gran Turismo 5 Prologe :
Gran Turismo 5:

2006 FIFA world cup:
Gears of war:
NBA 2k6:
Prey:
The Elder Scrolls IV OBLIVION (collectors edition) :
Forza 3 and Halo ODST combo :
L. A. Noire:
Tekken 6:
Borderlands:
Grand Teft Auto IV :
Grand Teft Auto episodes from Liberty city:
Assassin's Creed II :
Lara Croft Tomb Raider Anniversary:
The Godfather II:
Alan Wake (still unwrapped):
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution:
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires:
Perfect Dark Zero (limited collectors edition):
Fuzion Frenzy 2:
N3 Ninety-Nine Nights:
Spider-man 3:
Splinter Cell Double Agent:
FIFA soccer 11:
Burnout Revenge:
Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda Combo:
Call of Duty Black Ops:

Pocket bike Racer:
Pocked bike Racer (still sealed):
Sneak King:
Big Bumpin':
Halo :
Limited Collectors Edition Halo 2( with aluminum Case) :

scence it with 4 controlers for the 360

On a rough look of it a lot of that is quite old, with plenty of those being launch/1st year titles. I would say $70-$80 and you're getting yourself a crap ton of value. With that said, it is a good deal but it isn't a bad deal for him. I'm sure somebody would pay what he's asking but those games are very old for next-gen titles, the vast majority of them.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of resell value there, but it'd be a good deal if you're looking to buff up your collection.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']well I am going to sell one of my two Nintendo 64, both are in perfect working condition. IS there a way to know the manufacture date so I can keep the newer one? Or is there something I should look for when deciding which one to keep? Both are in about the same cosmetic condition.[/QUOTE]

Be sure to check if one or both have the RAM expansion module, and put it into the system you plan to keep if there's only one. Personally, I would just keep the better condition one regardless of age. N64's like allmost Nintendo consoles are solid, sturdy, and long lasting.

The prices you mentioned on the games you're interested in buying are pretty average for clean cart only copies. Nothing to write home about as they're roughly the going rate/value, so you're not exactly getting ripped off but you're also not getting a deal. Not worth it from a reselling perspective but ok to add them to the collection. I would try to bargain with the thrift store to perhaps get a bundle/bulk discount.

Picked up a SNES for $150 today with 1 controller, hook ups, a multitap, and these games:

Secret of Evermore
The 7th Saga
Super Gameboy
Actraiser
Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire 2
Link to the Past
Shadowrun
Soul Blazer
Lufia 2
Super Mario RPG

Pretty happy with these; most labels look great with the exception of BoF2 and SoE (torn labels) and Zelda is a little stained. Knocked out a good few for the collection, although this is my 3rd SNES.

[quote name='karkyco']Be sure to check if one or both have the RAM expansion module, and put it into the system you plan to keep if there's only one. Personally, I would just keep the better condition one regardless of age. N64's like allmost Nintendo consoles are solid, sturdy, and long lasting.

The prices you mentioned on the games you're interested in buying are pretty average for clean cart only copies. Nothing to write home about as they're roughly the going rate/value, so you're not exactly getting ripped off but you're also not getting a deal. Not worth it from a reselling perspective but ok to add them to the collection. I would try to bargain with the thrift store to perhaps get a bundle/bulk discount.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately neither came with the expansion pack, guess I'm going to have to hit up the flea market Saturday to see if I can get one because I don't feel like paying the $20-$25 people are asking on craigslist/ebay

Yeah I ended up only getting Super Mario 64 for $12 at that thrift store and just picked up Zelda: Ocarina of Time for $15 on eBay. Those were the 2 games I really wanted along with Star Wars Shadows of the Empire. Any other games I get I will pay $5 max

Slightly off-topic, is there any advantage to the genuine expansion packs or do the knock-offs all over eBay get the job done all the same?

[quote name='starwa1ker']I just got a copy of PS3 Black Ops for $12, going to trade it in to Best Buy for $22.50 in-store credit =D[/QUOTE]
So you spent $12 in CASH to make a $10.50 "profit" in credit.:whistle2:s To each their own, I suppose.

Thanks. While 150 was a little high, the games made it worth it. I'm probably going to sell the system and dupes to offset some of the cost (I didn't know Lufia 2 and Mario RPG are spiking at $45 now).

[quote name='blindinglights']Slightly off-topic, is there any advantage to the genuine expansion packs or do the knock-offs all over eBay get the job done all the same?[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't use a knock-off, I've heard of people bricking their consoles using them.

[quote name='aptanor']I wouldn't use a knock-off, I've heard of people bricking their consoles using them.[/QUOTE]
I've heard of some not working, but have never heard of them bricking the console itself.

[quote name='blindinglights']Slightly off-topic, is there any advantage to the genuine expansion packs or do the knock-offs all over eBay get the job done all the same?[/QUOTE]

probably just use originals to be safe and probably better quality and will last longer

Been about a month since I made a good craigslist find, but I snagged this n64 lot a couple of days ago.

SDC10322.jpg

Seller originally asked $100, but I told him I couldn't go that high. Made an offer of $70, took it for $75. A bit on the higher end of my price range, and I literally would not have paid a dollar more than $75. I needed Conker, Jet Force Gemini, and the non-holo Majora's mask in my collection. I'll probably just take those games out of the bundle and put the bundle back on CL for $80. Hard to get ahold of Conker for "free," happy to have snagged it.

I have had a great week on craigslist since I moved into this new area, I bought stuff from 4 listings and here is what I got

Listing 1:
Xbox 360 Gold C3PO controller $30

Listing 2:
God of War 3 Ultimate Edition Sealed
God of War 3 Ultimate Edition Guide Sealed
Grand Theft Auto 4 Xbox 360 Special Edition
$55 Total

Listing 3 Transformers G1 Megatron CIB w/ partially unused sticker sheet $70

Listing 4 (put up a wanted video games ad and got a reply from someone who just went to a storage auction and wanted to unload all the game stuff)

NES - 2 Systems (1 complete 1 missing power cable no zappers but 4 controllers)
SNES complete
2 genesis model 1s One complete one missing power cord (5 controllers in all)
3x Genesis model 2/3 RF switches
1x Genesis model 2/3 power cable
1x Game Gear power cable
2x N64 power cables
1x N64 av cable
1x n64 rf cable
1x n64 black controller excellent thumbstick
Xbox 360 Black w/ Grey Trim Wireless Controller
Xbox 360 Tekken 6 Hori Wireless Fight Stick

NES Games (disc only unless noted)
Wolverine
Turbo Racing w/ manual
Punchout
Mach Rider
TMNT Arcade game
Skyshark
Rygar
Tecmo Super Bowl
Robocop
RBI baseball
Kung Fu
Karnov
Double Dragon
Batman
Terminator 2
Spy Hunter
Ice Hockey
Ikari Warriors
Wrath of the Black Manta w/ manual
Airwolf w/ manual
Operation Wolf
Gyromite
Tennis
Blades of Steel
Gyruss
Zanac
Metal Gear
Section Z
Mission Impossible
Tecmo Bowl
Rad Racer x2
Super Spike Volleyball
ninja Gaiden
Strider
T & C Surf Design
monopoly w/ manual
SMB/Duck Hunt x2
Super Mario 2 x2
Super Mario 3 w/ manual
Metroid w/ manual
Castlevania
Castlevania 2 x2
Castlevania 3 x2

Genesis
RBI 4 complete
Live 95 complete
Madden complete
RBI 4 loose x2

PS1
11 Random Sports games complete
Gran Turismo complete

N64 Games
WCW revenge
WCW vs. the world
Triple Play baseball
Fifa 98
Star Wars Shadow of the Empire
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
BattleTanx 2
Duke Nukem Zero Hour
Mario Tennis
Mario Party 1
Zelda Majora's Mask (holo version)

SNES Games (now we get to the good stuff)
X-Men Mutant Apocolypse
Ms. pacman
Monopoly
NBA Showdown
Tecmo Superbowl
Madden 97
Weaponlord
Mortal Kombat 3
Earth Defense Force
Spawn
Wayne Gretzky Stanley Cup
NBA Jam
Super Bases Loaded 2
NCAA Basketball
Bill Walsh College Football
Super Star Wars x2
Dig & Spike Volleyball
Street Fighter 2
Mario World
Gradius III
Madden 98
Tecmo Super NBA
Ken Griffey Baseball
Tecmo Super Bowl
Power Rangers Zeo
(now for the good stuff)
Super Punchout
Zelda a link to the past
Super Castlevania IV
Super Mario All Stars
Super Turrican
Yoshi's Island
Adventures of Batman & Robin (had no idea this was rare)
Mega Man X2
Breath of Fire 2
Chrono Trigger!!!!

Total Cost: $140

[quote name='Lok3sh']I love CL. Recently got a brand new 3G/WiFi vita brand new and sealed for $150![/QUOTE]

Just picked up a 10$ Psp 2000 with no charger today, he said he didn't know if it worked so I charged it up and money :)!

I picked up:

World of Warcraft Cataclysm standee
Starcraft II Sons of Liberty standee
Brink standee

all for $15 ($5 each) from an independent games store. The guy even helped my load my car and told me he will let me have first crack at the next batch at $5 each before he lists them on CL.

Tonight I picked up:

SNES console with all cables and one controller (I already have a couple SNES consoles)
Super Mario World (have a couple)
Donkey Kong Country (have one already) + manual (great condition manual)
Super Metroid (finally I can sell my "Player's Choice" copy for the original)
Mega Man X2 (FINALLY own this game! Now I just need X3.)
Chrono Trigger (Finally got my hands on this one too!)

Paid $90. Talked him down from $145 or something. I'll prolly sell my duplicates and the console.

The only sad part is Chrono has initials...over the label. -.- Ugh. I'm guessing I can't remove them without fucking up the label...

[quote name='Rig']Tonight I picked up:

SNES console with all cables and one controller (I already have a couple SNES consoles)
Super Mario World (have a couple)
Donkey Kong Country (have one already) + manual (great condition manual)
Super Metroid (finally I can sell my "Player's Choice" copy for the original)
Mega Man X2 (FINALLY own this game! Now I just need X3.)
Chrono Trigger (Finally got my hands on this one too!)

Paid $90. Talked him down from $145 or something. I'll prolly sell my duplicates and the console.

The only sad part is Chrono has initials...over the label. -.- Ugh. I'm guessing I can't remove them without fucking up the label...[/QUOTE]

Trying using a dry tooth brush with nothing on it. I used that and got black marker off of gba labels.

[quote name='KtMack23']Trying using a dry tooth brush with nothing on it. I used that and got black marker off of gba labels.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot when I clean them up.

[quote name='chefgamer']just got this for the Snes for $40

Chrono Trigger
LoZ Link to the Past
FF 2 and 3

and Golden Eye for 64[/QUOTE]

Nice, could probably get $100+ for all that on Ebay.

bread's done
Back