The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sasukekun']PC games, rarely. Like so rarely, Phantasy Star Universe for the PC got converted a few months ago, and havent seen one since then. Gear3 not converted.[/QUOTE]

Alright, Thanks

[quote name='sasukekun']See OP, just updated it. Small list yesterday.[/QUOTE]

It's not listed so does it mean that it was not converted?

Anyone know if Alan Wake is converted to used. There is one at my local store new for $80 but used regular for $20. Plus I have a birthday coupon.
That would be a negative. Same with Brother in Arms Hells Highway PS3 last I knew.

Alan Wake CE not being converted is because of the book according to a GS guy I asked a while back.

It looks like Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PS3 is converted to used.

I just got a sealed copy for $6.29.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Been busy at work. Lots of stuff happening in our district/store.

Havent seen any Batman AC CE get converted, but I never had any at my store. Can't confirm until Wednesday.

It looks like Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PS3 is converted to used.

I just got a sealed copy for $6.29.

Will check on Wednesday. We get a lot of items in from distro (warehouse) that are sealed/new, but still are considered pre-owned. Or it possibly got traded in that way, I dont have any problems with people trading in multiple games of the same title as long as they have proof of purchase. I've trade multiple copies of AC:Rev, Rage, Bullstorm, and FF13 at one time, my boss had no problem with it.

I forget... Did god of war asscenion got converted. I caught have sworn it did but when I see one today it right up 79
Will check Wednesday.

Disgaea 4 has been converted new to used. I saw a couple of used copies, cover art looked like new. Can confirm this since saw this at multiple stores.

Not positive about Xbox 360 but the PS3 Street Fighter X Tekken fight stick was definitely converted to pre-owned. The price is $24.99 ($22.49 after PUR discount) but I'm sure finding one will be an extreme case of YMMV as stock was already low at the last price drop and the sticks were only available in stores. If memory serves me correctly the conversion happened about two weeks ago as that's when I remember all local inventory within a 100 mile radius disappeared. Obviously stock locator doesn't work online or in store since it is now a generic pre-owned controller (900705 900/000) and calling will be a bad idea as the employee at my local store had no idea the conversion happened and was shocked when I had him check.

That would be a negative. Same with Brother in Arms Hells Highway PS3 last I knew.

Alan Wake CE not being converted is because of the book according to a GS guy I asked a while back.
I was at Gamestop today and I can confirm that the Alan Wake CE has been converted to used. It was priced at $19.99. MSUHitman is right. :360: Tomb Raider CE has also been converted to used and was priced at $44.99. I know this because the manager offered them up to me for sale still sealed and all but I passed since I have them both. Just wanted to pass it on to you guys.

It was still full price on Thursday for tomb raider 360
I just got back from my Gamestop and it was definitely converted to preowned. I don't know if that is the case everywhere but I thought the conversions were universal. The only thing was that my store had the preowned price sticker on the CE. Don't know if that makes any difference in how it rings up at the register.

I guess ill check again tomorrow. I went to two different stores that had it and it was full price
Yeah and well worth the pickup if you combine the 25% coupon + bday coupon + PUR discount (around $24 before taxes). Good luck!

Confirming Arkham City CE on 360 dropped.  Picked one up for $17.99 + tax.  For any other SoCal CAGs, there were two left at the Santa Monica and Beverly location.  Happy Hunting. 

Every time a converted to pre-owned update gets posted there are NEVER any around me.  I'm guessing these stores only order enough CE's to cover pre-orders plus maybe a small handful extra and they sell out at retail.

I think it's funny how some of us on here complain when Gamestop sells a "employee rented copy/opened but not opened because it's an empty case and disc is behind the counter" game as new.  But when Gamestop sells a new copy that is new but opened but is also a CE at a discounted (re: used) price, that's perfectly alright.  Just an observation.

thank you.
This thread will keep the most recent code plus I like to update the thread with some of the better price deals since they can lead to free games and/or cheap free rentals. Nothing better than moving credit & getting a free game in the process.

Damn,didn't Know TR was used. There was a copy at my local store, but it was on hold for an employee. Some guy tried to buy it.

I guess ill check again tomorrow. I went to two different stores that had it and it was full price
Yeah Deader, went back to the SoCal store that rang up full price on Thursday and it was converted for sure. I think we were just a day or two early last time. Well worth trying again...

Got sealed Tomb Raider CE for Xbox 360 with the 25% coupon.  They wouldn't allow me to use birthday coupon on top of it.  Still pretty happy walking out with it for $32.19 after tax.

Anyone know if the Dark Souls CE will ring up at full new price? There's one at my local store for PS3 that I've been eyeing but it's got a 59.99 sticker on it.

Anyone know if the Dark Souls CE will ring up at full new price? There's one at my local store for PS3 that I've been eyeing but it's got a 59.99 sticker on it.
I tried about two months ago and it still rang up at $59.99. It was already taken off of the website when I tried, thinking it was converted, but I think this one we'll need help from someone on the inside.

bread's done
Back