The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
How are you guys finding them? Do they just put them out on the racks and are they in big boxes or whatever?
I wrote down the stores that said that had them in stock on Thursday night and went to check stores and asked the employees because if they have the game it will most likely be in the back stock room.

I'm sure you'll start seeing them pop up soon :). I know 3 have already opened around me. They aren't actually being opened in gs locations it's a whole different company.

I'm not supposed to talk about it but, guess who doesn't care.

http://springmobile.com
They have there own partnership with carriers. You know how bestbuy has there little cell phone section? They are trying to expand the company because the used game industry has been taking a huge hit. I'm sure more gamestops will be closing soon as well.
I went to a GS at the mall last night and there was only one employee trying to run a busy store. Guess this explains it.

Hope that PS3 Vault Hunter's gets converted soon and that some kind soul lets us know about it here.  Two stores near me actually have it.

I went to a GS at the mall last night and there was only one employee trying to run a busy store. Guess this explains it.
Ours got robbed by gunpoint so now they literally have 4-5 employees lately no matter how busy. I used to work there and we'd never have more than two people working.

I feel bad for the guy that got held up. That'd be scary as all hell.

The battlefield 4 wired controller bundle got moved to preowned as well. Picked up on for $19 just the other day. Pretty awesome for < $20.

The battlefield 4 wired controller bundle got moved to preowned as well. Picked up on for $19 just the other day. Pretty awesome for &lt; $20.
That was a while ago actually. They were supposed to split it to used controllers and used battlefield/fifa.

Edit: epick Mickey CE for Wii converted at some point too. Just saw one for $15

Employee got it I bet.
Most likely. The employee seemed like a nice girl, but I know the manager and one other employee are not as cool. They might have just hidden them and told the other people to not let customers have them.

When I went, the person in front of me lost his ID, so to trade in his stuff, he asked someone else to use his ID and gave him a $50 GC in return after buying some of his stuff. Then, he asks him if he could use another $10 from that GC for something and the dude said no. LOL.

Employees taking an item for themselves has happened to me before as well. When the gears 3 epic edition got converted, I asked him to scan it and he told me it was still normal price, which I know is bs. I then came back around 30 mins later (it's a mall) and noticed it was behind the counter. Wasn't worth confronting about it, as he would have just have the same statement about what price it rang up as. I'd rather let them keep it for themselves than destroy it so someone else can't have it...

I hate Gamestop, it's worst that I use to work there too.

Called my local store and asked if they had NBA 2K13 Dynasty Edition and BioShock Infinite Premium Edition. Guy immediate says he doesn't have it (which I know they most likely didn't, I just wanted them to look in the system for it). Doesn't even look in the system. I doubt it's in the system but they might have had one at that store.

Either way, hung up on the guy. No use talking if he makes no effort to even check or look for it.

Called my local store and asked if they had NBA 2K13 Dynasty Edition and BioShock Infinite Premium Edition. Guy immediate says he doesn't have it (which I know they most likely didn't, I just wanted them to look in the system for it). Doesn't even look in the system. I doubt it's in the system but they might have had one at that store.

Either way, hung up on the guy. No use talking if he makes no effort to even check or look for it.
Maybe you weren't the first one to call and ask for those same editions, and he already looked for them earlier and therefore already knew they didn't have them? :???:

Maybe you weren't the first one to call and ask for those same editions, and he already looked for them earlier and therefore already knew they didn't have them? :???:
Could be. I would believe that if I didnt call them when the deal was posted. Usually when I get in on converts they tell me I'm lucky since I'm the only one who gets the deal. I doubt that changed this time.

But yeah. Not mad. I do hate that they usually don't try to at least look whenever I call for games.

Employees taking an item for themselves has happened to me before as well. When the gears 3 epic edition got converted, I asked him to scan it and he told me it was still normal price, which I know is bs. I then came back around 30 mins later (it's a mall) and noticed it was behind the counter. Wasn't worth confronting about it, as he would have just have the same statement about what price it rang up as. I'd rather let them keep it for themselves than destroy it so someone else can't have it...
Why did you ask him to scan it? If you knew it was converted, you should have told him "I'm buying this." If he said it was normal price, tell him fine, and wait until you can confirm the price yourself. I highly doubt he would manually change the price just to fool you.

Why did you ask him to scan it? If you knew it was converted, you should have told him "I'm buying this." If he said it was normal price, tell him fine, and wait until you can confirm the price yourself. I highly doubt he would manually change the price just to fool you.
Not true. I had that just happen with a penny guide. It rang up as a penny and the clerk manually changed it to $39.99 as if I didn't see it ring up. In the end, I got the guide for free but it can happen.

It will not come up in the system if it's converted. That has been known already for those that have taken advantage of these conversions.

Well, the whole deal with Penny guides is that they're NOT supposed to sell them if they've been pennied out. Even if they're out on display.

It will not come up in the system if it's converted. That has been known already for those that have taken advantage of these conversions.
I have before, but I could find the games online.

Haven't needed to ask if it was in the store since I already checked online.

Last convert I did was Halo 4 Collectors Edition and Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition though.

ever stop to think he might have had a bunch of people call already and he had already checked?

Thanks inviziblescratchpikl, I was able to pick up a 360 infinite yesterday still sealed. The Revengeance CE is still priced as new, right?

As a further follow-up to what I posted earlier from my phone:

I happened to stop by a GS that I normally wouldn't be near, and they had all their CEs up on a shelf.  The weird part is that they had the 3 converted ones with big price tags showing the used price. (Borderlands, NBA, and Epic Mickey in this case)

I'd just never seen that before. (picked up NBA and Borderlands, left EM)

Ours got robbed by gunpoint so now they literally have 4-5 employees lately no matter how busy. I used to work there and we'd never have more than two people working.
Was he offered a power up rewards card or asked to reserve any games?

Snagged a 2K13 Dynasty on :360: yesterday.  Thanks to the person who posted about that.  Was still sealed since my store had not done all their conversions yet :D

As a further follow-up to what I posted earlier from my phone:

I happened to stop by a GS that I normally wouldn't be near, and they had all their CEs up on a shelf. The weird part is that they had the 3 converted ones with big price tags showing the used price. (Borderlands, NBA, and Epic Mickey in this case)

I'd just never seen that before. (picked up NBA and Borderlands, left EM)
Some stores will do that. My main GS is good about keeping their CE's sealed when it's converted to used. As long as they have the space, they'd rather just give the customer the nicer deal. It's easier to get rid of the CE when you advertise it with the used price.

I went to a store one time that when you walk in an announcement plays on speakers that the store is being monitored all the time by video and audio surveillance.

I went to a store one time that when you walk in an announcement plays on speakers that the store is being monitored all the time by video and audio surveillance.
I remember going to one like that. Not a coincidence that it turned out to be the dirtiest and shadiest GS I've ever gone to.

It appears that the ratchet and clank ps3 controller bundle was converted at some point. Just saw one marked as preowned for $28

For those still hunting for bioshock infinite premium editions that was converted... Good news, preowned price of the vanilla game had another price drop. Used game is now 24.99.

Not sure if it was mentioned recently but Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (360) was converted to used, and the used price promptly dropped to $8.99.

For those still hunting for bioshock infinite premium editions that was converted... Good news, preowned price of the vanilla game had another price drop. Used game is now 24.99.
So i found a 360 bioshock infinite premium, told the staff that i would buy it if only it was the ps3. He said he'll do it. Staff took the bundle down from the shelf, gutted the box nicely, took the game out handed me the box with all the contents, pulled a used ps3 copy drawer and rang me up! The game i got seemed like it was never played with and the case was pristine!

I will be giving him a nice feedback tonight! Hehe!

Not sure if it was mentioned recently but Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (360) was converted to used, and the used price promptly dropped to $8.99.
Well, from what I've seen, all new copies were gutted because there was one per store, so it's natural that they would do that.

Which Borderlands 2 CE was supposed to be converted? My girfriend picked me the Vault Hunter's edition for 30 bucks, so I'm assuming that wasn't converted.

I'm not sure if anything else was converted today, but I did just happen to stumble upon this one today:

http://www.gamestop.com/ds/games/solatorobo-red-the-hunter/91778

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter was definitely converted to used today. I went into a store to pick up the gutted copy I knew they have had for quite a while for the new price of 15.99. I brought the case up to the register and the employee thought it was strange that his inventory showed no new copies. He checked the used inventory and they had one of those in stock. The manager came over and said that the game was converted to used today, so I only had to pay the used price of 9.99 (8.99 after discount). He checked the new game drawer for the game and they still had the sealed soundtrack and outer cardboard package in perfect condition. I'm pretty happy about this find!

Uh. No. It's been gutted for a long time. It's just a price drop.
no. I believe the manager when he says that it was converted to used today. Just earlier this week I searched my local stores to see who had it. there were about six in my area, but I was trying to find a sealed copy and they all had gutted copies. when I checked the online inventory today after I bought it, no stores within 100 miles have a new copy anymore and those same stores all have used copies now. I'm pretty sure it was converted to used today.

no. I believe the manager when he says that it was converted to used today. Just earlier this week I searched my local stores to see who had it. there were about six in my area, but I was trying to find a sealed copy and they all had gutted copies. when I checked the online inventory today after I bought it, no stores within 100 miles have a new copy anymore and those same stores all have used copies now. I'm pretty sure it was converted to used today.
No. I can still search for it online. It's not converted.

It's probably your store an your area doing that.

Where do you happen to find it in stock new though? I can't find it anywhere and I searched areas in almost every state. You can still search for conversions but they won't be available anywhere. If he says that are the ones in his area that had it yesterday are available under used today that sounds like it's a possible consolidation.

None in my area either, he's probably right.

I'm not sure if anything else was converted today, but I did just happen to stumble upon this one today:

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter was definitely converted to used today. I went into a store to pick up the gutted copy I knew they have had for quite a while for the new price of 15.99. I brought the case up to the register and the employee thought it was strange that his inventory showed no new copies. He checked the used inventory and they had one of those in stock. The manager came over and said that the game was converted to used today, so I only had to pay the used price of 9.99 (8.99 after discount). He checked the new game drawer for the game and they still had the sealed soundtrack and outer cardboard package in perfect condition. I'm pretty happy about this find!
Thanks ")

It was converted the same day the nba 2k13 dynasty thing was converted. I had bought one the day before it was converted, but my cashier gave me the used price and didn't gut it. Didn't bring it up cause I didn't think anyone would care for it.

It was converted the same day the nba 2k13 dynasty thing was converted. I had bought one the day before it was converted, but my cashier gave me the used price and didn't gut it. Didn't bring it up cause I didn't think anyone would care for it.
Clearly you thought wrong! I would probably grab one if I wouldn't have to go way out of my way.

From what one manager told me, they were ringing up the used price on Thursday, and overnight Thursday/Friday they were taken out of the system as being "new"

bread's done
Back