The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forget... Did god of war asscenion got converted. I caught have sworn it did but when I see one today it right up 79
Bump... does anybody remember a cag reporting that the GoW: Ascension CE converted last year? iirc it was reported to be.

I went into a store today and found one and asked the associate to scan it, he said it was ringing up for $65. The signature pad kiosk wasn't displaying the price so I couldn't determine if he was trying to pull a fast one on me.

Local store still has a Defiance Ultimate Edition.  It shows up online at $30 but it doesn't show up as available at that store.  It's an online game, is it even worth keeping an eye on?

Local store still has a Defiance Ultimate Edition. It shows up online at $30 but it doesn't show up as available at that store. It's an online game, is it even worth keeping an eye on?
Yeah, that $30 price isn't too bad but worth watching at least. Decent statue and from what I hear a fairly nice messenger bag in that ultimate version. No online fee for Defiance if you just want to check it out and keep the other stuff.

Tried to buy the bioshock infinite premium at a local store. The guy scanned it and was like "that's not the right price, give me a minute". Then he talks with another employee and they look online, see it's deleted so he then tells me he couldn't sell it. Oh well

Tried to buy the bioshock infinite premium at a local store. The guy scanned it and was like "that's not the right price, give me a minute". Then he talks with another employee and they look online, see it's deleted so he then tells me he couldn't sell it. Oh well
Too bad the employee did not know about item conversions in his store or maybe hell just buy it for himself later. Sorry to hear that.

Hey guys. I don't have any new conversions to post, but I've found a way to check the exact date conversions will take place (at least a month ahead). I'd rather not post them now (don't wanna get in trouble), but I will at least post during the weeks that they'll occur, and let you know a day or 2 beforehand.

Hey guys. I don't have any new conversions to post, but I've found a way to check the exact date conversions will take place (at least a month ahead). I'd rather not post them now (don't wanna get in trouble), but I will at least post during the weeks that they'll occur, and let you know a day or 2 beforehand.
anything good that you could share ahead of time?

All good, we don't want you to get in trouble either. Long as we have time to see what stores actually have them I think we'll all be more than happy.

All good, we don't want you to get in trouble either. Long as we have time to see what stores actually have them I think we'll all be more than happy.
^This - The associates in my area tell me that the District Manager is really strict and makes them do a real conversion, but that if I reserve it ahead of time the DM will allow them to make the sale, so it would be truly appreciated to have 1 day's notice.

Thanks I appreciate it

Ended up getting a Street Fighter X Tekken Special Edition for 360 that the manager said was recently converted to used. Said he was supposed to throw out the extras but said he'd sell it to me sealed. Ended up getting it for 13.49 after PUR discount. 

I went in after the Defiance Ultimate Edition for PC and ended up walking out with SFxT SE and a Tekken Hybrid CE PS3 for $14.99 that I happened to notice on the shelf.

Anyone who works in any retail and scans the physical barcode of an item and says "thats not the right price" needs to be fired. That is ridiculous. If the item scans at all that means

A. It IS in their system/database
B. It IS available for sale
C. There IS a price for it.

Technically anything on the sales floor is available to the customer. I would never be afraid of getting in trouble for that because that is what the item scanned for and what it should sell for.

BTW, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. Like I said with the last list of conversions, the list I'll be posting is based off my store's inventory. Unfortunately, my store doesn't have a lot of those collector editions in stock.

The best I can do with those is write done the SKUs before Friday, enter them in the POS item lookup when I work this weekend, and see if they still exist in the system.

45667229.jpg

I'm sure that's too much to hope for since there's actually a few stores around me that have it without having to drive 20 miles each way.
I want that damn lamp so bad. It seems a bunch of stores have it around me too. Wrote them all down just in case. Would make my day if that's one of the new conversions.

I want that damn lamp so bad. It seems a bunch of stores have it around me too. Wrote them all down just in case. Would make my day if that's one of the new conversions.
Well hopefully we'll know with enough time on Thursday if that's it. If not maybe I'll just hold them anyway since there's not really anything else I can imagine being on the list that would interest me with their current used prices.

BTW, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. Like I said with the last list of conversions, the list I'll be posting is based off my store's inventory. Unfortunately, my store doesn't have a lot of those collector editions in stock.

The best I can do with those is write done the SKUs before Friday, enter them in the POS item lookup when I work this weekend, and see if they still exist in the system.
Any word yet on tomorrow's conversions?

If I was to go in to a store and ask would they be able to check if something was getting converted if they have it in stock?

Just came back from my local gamestop. They were converting games already. I saw several games on their drawers. They had a 2 pages list. I asked if I could see it and the guy said they were not allowed. But he could tell me if any specific games are getting converted or not.

Some conversions my local gamestop has:
NBA 2k13
GTA 5 steel book
Wwe whatever(couldn't see it clearly)

The bad news is MGR LE will NOT be converted yet.

Just came back from a local gamestop. They were converting games already. I saw several games on their drawers. They had a 2 pages list. I asked if I could see it and the guy said they were not allowed. But he could tell me if any specific games are getting converted or not.

Some conversions my local gamestop has:
NBA 2k13
GTA 5 steel book
Wwe whatever(couldn't see it clearly)

The bad news is MGR LE will NOT be converted yet.
Probably the WWE 2k14 Phenom Edition. The GTA V Steelbook is just the steelbook? Maybe the CE or SE is converted?

GTA5 Steel Book? From the CE? So the CE is being converted? 

IDK, rather wait for the official list to see what exactly these items are. Going to look anyways though so thanks for trying to help.

GTA5 Steel Book? From the CE? So the CE is being converted?

IDK, rather wait for the official list to see what exactly these items are. Going to look anyways though so thanks for trying to help.
Or it could be the special edition and we don't know if it both system or just one yet so grand theft auto v steel book leave us with 4 different possibilities so far so hopefully someone else can be more specific which one

Or it could be the special edition and we don't know if it both system or just one yet so grand theft auto v steel book leave us with 4 different possibilities so far so hopefully someone else can be more specific which one
if nobody has checked by 730 et, I'll find out around then maybe.

I'll be checking a store with a 360 CE after I get off work

Hoping it's the GTA5 CE too. No store close to me have it but I can request it to be shipped to my local store. 

Looks like this conversation is going to be good.

A store close to me has (according to the online stock checker) both of the GTA V CE's in stock.  Wish it was the store where I really knew the guys tho.  So the conversion - whatever it ends up being - won't go into effect until tomorrow, correct?  What happens if I put a store hold on one of them tonight & they do get converted tomorrow?  

Crap, you're right - maybe I'll put a hold on it regardless.  Looks like you can piecemeal the set and make a killing on it, even paying the current retail.  

bread's done
Back