The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that explains why the alpha protocol I picked up on the 3rd was mint, lol. For a bit I thought it was luck....decent game btw, nothing phenomenal but for the price you could do worse.

Update with SR3 conversion & Cubic Ninja.

A bunch of DS games got converted as well, but it wasn't any titles people would interested it. (Mainly shovel-ware)

They converted all new copies of Dead Rising:Off the Record to used. I picked one up today. Just figured I'd let fellow CAGs know.

I'm sure that this must have happened a while ago, but I found one in store and bought it (in aB2G1 no less): Two Worlds Collector's Edition (at least the 360 version) was converted to a pre-owned, regular Two Worlds version for $4.99.

Sorry, forgot about this thread for a little bit. Some other stuff got converted. I'll have a more info tomorrow night. But the big titles were WWE 12 and Army of Two 40th.

What does converted to preowned mean? They couldn't sell the game new so they opened the wrapper and put it up as used? If so that's really dumb since they sell used games for like $5 cheaper

The Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition was converted to use, so it should be $18.99 in stores. Most stores probably gutted the contents though, and just put the game case out for sale.

[quote name='JayRooster']What does converted to preowned mean? They couldn't sell the game new so they opened the wrapper and put it up as used? If so that's really dumb since they sell used games for like $5 cheaper[/QUOTE]

Most of the time, they don't open the wrapper, they just change the sticker and the status in the system. However, Gamestop often opens New games and sells them "New" (note, I'm agnostic about this and not trying to start a discussion about gutting games), so it's all YMMV.

I picked up yesterday COD Modern Warfare 3 Hardened edition- brand new, but converted to used and Deux Ex Human Revolution (Augmented) also new, but converted to used. Both were converted sometimes last week some trime I think.

I have never heard of this.

I take this to mean that the games are still in new packaging but the price drops to used so they can get rid of them. Does this also affect the price if you have the loyalty card thing and what about returning it within 7 days?

[quote name='Carbonite']I have never heard of this.

I take this to mean that the games are still in new packaging but the price drops to used so they can get rid of them. Does this also affect the price if you have the loyalty card thing and what about returning it within 7 days?[/QUOTE]
The loyalty card (power zone card) does give you 10 % extra off since these are sold as used items. Also you can return the games within 7 days if you want for full refund.

I'm waiting for gow epic edition to be converted. It been taking forever especially the price is still $100. A price drop or converted to used would be nice.

Found an Uncharted at Colma, CA in the San Francisco Bay Area. Guy said he would have to open the game before selling it to me. Shit, it was the last one, why not not sell as is? Rhetorical question. South San Francisco, Tanforan Mall, Serramonte Mall and Westlake Shopping Mall in Daly City were out. Gamestop at Bayhill Shopping Center was gone.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Picked up Brothers in Arms Hells Highway for 360 yesterday for $5.99, had NEW sticker right behind USED one.[/QUOTE]

Play it, one of my favorites on the 360.

[quote name='tenzor']The Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition was converted to use, so it should be $18.99 in stores. Most stores probably gutted the contents though, and just put the game case out for sale.[/QUOTE]
Dude, you rock! I picked one up and the employee was stunned when he scanned the box (which was in mint condition and still sealed). Even he did not know. They had one more in stock but his coworker called dibs on it. Thanks for the heads up. :)

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']Dude, you rock! I picked one up and the employee was stunned when he scanned the box (which was in mint condition and still sealed). Even he did not know. They had one more in stock but his coworker called dibs on it. Thanks for the heads up. :)[/QUOTE]

No problem, glad I could help.

[quote name='tenzor']The Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition was converted to use, so it should be $18.99 in stores. Most stores probably gutted the contents though, and just put the game case out for sale.[/QUOTE]

thanks! got the last one, as always the employee was shock that i knew it more than him.

[quote name='Deader2818']So the website still says its 99.99 but if I go into the store and they still have it, it should ring up 18.99?[/QUOTE]

When I looked it up on the website it says it's $29.99? Is there another collectors edition or something?

[quote name='Deader2818']So the website still says its 99.99 but if I go into the store and they still have it, it should ring up 18.99?[/QUOTE]
That is correct. If they tell you $99.99 as the price tell them to scan the box and watch their jaw hit the floor.

[quote name='Deader2818']Cool, ill go check this out tuesday then. Hopefully some still have it by then.[/QUOTE]
The link you posted can be used to track copies in stock nearby. Use the
"Check Availability" link to track one down. That's how I was able to get one.

Oh yeah, I saw some around me that do. They all close at 6 on sundays though and work tomorrow so tuesday is my best bet. Thanks though.

thanks for the info guys, i was able to pick up an Uncharted 3 CE at my local gamestop. it was the last one they had and the employees didn't even know about it.

Thanks guys. I'll drop by Gamestop tomorrow. All the stores around me have been marked as *LOW STOCK sans one. Gonna go out and test my luck. Lol

If they still charge me 99.99, Imma cry. :(

2 days ago I bought the CE for $43 and thought that was a good deal... DEFINITELY going to try and get another one from a GameStop nearby, all the ones close are *LOW STOCK* so hopefully I can't so I feel better about my "rip off" >.>

No go for me today. Most of the stores I called didnt even bother to look and just said they havent had it in awhile. One said that they were told to send all copies back because they were "recalled". The one store I went to said they had it in the back, but when he went back there another guy was back there and I overheard them talking and he said to tell me they didnt have it because he was getting it later today.

Sucks but ill try going to some of the stores tomorrow that doesnt say low stock and see if they still have them on the floor or something.

No go for me. I went to the first store and ask the guy if he has a U3 CE, he just smiles and said not anymore. Yeah, I know where that one went. Not wanting to waste anymore gas I called around and no one else has any in stock. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Just scored one. GameStop employee was oblivious as usual to the price Mark Down. They had two in stock originally it was funny to see how quickly pulled the second one off the shelf for herself. Thanks again opening post.

Well after a lot of calling around, I found a store that had one and put it on hold for me till tomorrow. Hopefully someone doesn't take it before then.

No go for me. Went to one that said In Stock, talked to the employee there and she said they don't have "any" left. Kept saying I wanted the one with the controller or the dual pack.

The other one I went didn't have one on the floor at all.

I've had the best luck calling ones in the mall for some reason. They actually took the time to look while other stores just blow me off right when I asked about it and said they havent had any since the game came out or that they were "forced to send them back"

The chick said I should've preordered it and the only ones they "used" to have left were ones people didn't pick up. Lol.

Yeah, maybe some are just clueless, but I get the feeling the ones I called probably knew they had been marked down and were holding them for themselves. If someone pre-orders and doesnt pick it up, its not like it just sits there and they never sell it, lol.

I wish I had a clueless person. I remembered seeing them a while ago but now its gone. haha. Too lazy to go visit the others in my area now

yeah, I drove to one and when I got the run around there I figured I'd just call all the rest. If I go in tomorrow to this store and they tell me they don't have it after I asked them to put it on hold, I will flip out.

Just got one because the door to the storage room was open and 1 UC3 CE was sitting right there on the shelf in plain view. The cashier was super shocked, but was really cool about it and congratulated me on a great find. I put down a preorder because of how genuinely nice the guy was.

$18.50 or so out the door because of rewards pro, awesome!

bread's done
Back